Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:03 am

Post by Enchant »

:(
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Wartortle
Wartortle
He/him
Townie
Wartortle
He/him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:18 am

Post by Wartortle »

In post 622, Roden wrote: Wartortle: A self proclaimed town leader that I'm fine with town binning for now. Depending on flips, I could see him potentially being a power wolf, but it feels very unlikely.
re: the town leader thing at that time i was posting a lot and widely townread, i don't think scum who are being pressured will go ahead and scumread me

i'm not exactly a 'town leader' though
Wartortle
Wartortle
He/him
Townie
Wartortle
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:22 am

Post by Wartortle »

In post 622, Roden wrote: it read like panicked scum who was scrambling around all of the replace-ins. The fact he moved his vote later on solidifies this for me.
elaborate?
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:23 am

Post by usesPython »

Nuclear vibe read: Enchant might be scum
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:24 am

Post by BlackStar »

UNVOTE:
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:32 am

Post by Black »

In post 653, usesPython wrote: Nuclear vibe read: Enchant might be scum
Nah I'm low-key feeling this too but I have no confidence in that read
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:44 am

Post by Enchant »

I am town!
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:57 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 44, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 32, OutWorldER wrote: 24 was really bad and I don't see a town motivation to post it.
Oh, you are new to playing with me aren't you?

The motivation was that I knew that some smartass will come along and say "oh Dragon doesn't have original reads and is just sheeping Wiz", and I wanted to counteract that preemptively.
In post 65, DragonEater70 wrote: Arrrgh fine

VOTE: THS

He's probably town but I'm supposed to be openwolfing so voting for people who are probably town is good for keeping a wolfy image.
In post 76, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 67, Wartortle wrote:
In post 64, DragonEater70 wrote: Tortle, walk me through these votes
i saw and it failed the vibe check so i voted OWER

i then went back to THS' case and realized that it sucked
Yeah I had the same thought process lol.
In post 78, DragonEater70 wrote: Reads or something:

Above null
Wiz
Tortle
DarkStar
Python
NULL LINE - Everyone else
OWER
THS
Below null

I also have a huge desire to pocket Naerys so I'm going to say she's town for now as well.
In post 311, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 271, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 259, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 255, TheHoldSteady wrote: VOTE: Enchant
That's a weird vote after you make a pretty convincing case on Ani.
You've gone back and forth through this thread on whether you think I'm town or scum without making as firm a stance as everyone else and honestly, with this post it makes me worried you're still fence-sitting while also nudging me in a dour direction towards voting Wiz.
I disagree, I've been pretty consistently townreading you and only voted you once because you went down to null and I was seeping Tortle. Literally every other time I was townreading you.

I really don't like DE70's progression on my slot. I feel like he was coasting a bit, claiming to townread me but also leaving room to vote me if the suspicion on my slot didn't lift. It feels opportunistic.
Wartortle
Wartortle
He/him
Townie
Wartortle
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:58 am

Post by Wartortle »

In post 639, Black wrote:
In post 636, Wartortle wrote:
In post 557, Black wrote: I'm not sold on Naerys!scum but I think if Wartortle flips red then she could be a partner. Her putting Wartortle at the bottom of her readslist and then forgetting that she thinks he could be scum makes me feel like the read may have not been real. She didn't respond to my post asking her to join the Wartortle wagon and doesn't seem to be interested in voting there at all despite scumreading him. Like OWER mentioned I kinda want to give her the benefit of the doubt with the surgery and tiredness though

I've never played with Naerys but she's giving more LHF vibes than anything, and I don't mean that as an insult in any way. I think some players are just more likely to be pushed than others
didn't i push naerys tho
Why should this clear her as your partner?
i never said that it clears me but it certainly makes me less likely to be her partner and i find it strange you didn't mention that
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:02 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 259, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 255, TheHoldSteady wrote: VOTE: Enchant
That's a weird vote after you make a pretty convincing case on Ani.
This also feels subtly manipulative? Like he was really trying to push this Wiz lim so hard. I have a feeling either Wiz or DE70/Roden is scum here.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:34 am

Post by Black »

In post 658, Wartortle wrote: i never said that it clears me but it certainly makes me less likely to be her partner and i find it strange you didn't mention that
I completely disagree with the assessment that you pushing her makes her less likely to be your partner
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:44 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 622, Roden wrote: Sorry, I had trouble connecting to the site the last couple days. I had caught up when it was 15 pages and I'm just going to give my thoughts from there. As of now I'll be playing in the present and just catch up over the night phase.

Smiley: Seemed odd early on but I agreed with a lot of his posts. and are posts I especially liked and thought were townie.

Hu Tao: A lot of nothing for awhile, but I think that's townie for her judging by past experience. Which maybe sounds mean and I don't intend to mean it that way, but I've seen them be very active/proactive as scum and I don't think their attitude matches their scum games so far.

Naerys: I don't agree with most of the reasoning she's given for her reads. is the only post I kinda like, but even then she only null reads Star later on, which is just off to me. I hate the Wartortle and Smiley reads.

Wiz: Idk why this player has been getting scum read, and I don't agree with the previous player in my slot. Wiz has been pretty solvey all game, and he's been one of the most active players. This game has been too inactive for scum to actively decide to put so much attention on themself like he has.

Wartortle: A self proclaimed town leader that I'm fine with town binning for now. Depending on flips, I could see him potentially being a power wolf, but it feels very unlikely.

Enchant: Pass.

Heip: Hard to follow what's going on with him, but he looks like lim bait. Going on the backburner for later.

Hold: I got genuine townie outrage from him and feel some empathy there. I think this is just town.

OWER: rang alarm bells for me, it read like panicked scum who was scrambling around all of the replace-ins. The fact he moved his vote later on solidifies this for me.

Star: Has some LAMIST posts that I didn't like. I have a scum lean here but it's based mostly on vibes.

Knott: Nothing to comment on. I'm hoping Shea town tells.

Python: I like posts and , I feel fine setting them aside as town.

VOTE: Naerys
this is extremely weak sauce especially about me. I've said a bunch of stuff, you didn't feel interested in talking about any of it? I'm generally town read right now so clearly other people already saw some "towntells" that you claim to be waiting for?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Wartortle
Wartortle
He/him
Townie
Wartortle
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:52 am

Post by Wartortle »

In post 661, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 622, Roden wrote: Sorry, I had trouble connecting to the site the last couple days. I had caught up when it was 15 pages and I'm just going to give my thoughts from there. As of now I'll be playing in the present and just catch up over the night phase.

Smiley: Seemed odd early on but I agreed with a lot of his posts. and are posts I especially liked and thought were townie.

Hu Tao: A lot of nothing for awhile, but I think that's townie for her judging by past experience. Which maybe sounds mean and I don't intend to mean it that way, but I've seen them be very active/proactive as scum and I don't think their attitude matches their scum games so far.

Naerys: I don't agree with most of the reasoning she's given for her reads. is the only post I kinda like, but even then she only null reads Star later on, which is just off to me. I hate the Wartortle and Smiley reads.

Wiz: Idk why this player has been getting scum read, and I don't agree with the previous player in my slot. Wiz has been pretty solvey all game, and he's been one of the most active players. This game has been too inactive for scum to actively decide to put so much attention on themself like he has.

Wartortle: A self proclaimed town leader that I'm fine with town binning for now. Depending on flips, I could see him potentially being a power wolf, but it feels very unlikely.

Heip: Hard to follow what's going on with him, but he looks like lim bait. Going on the backburner for later.

Hold: I got genuine townie outrage from him and feel some empathy there. I think this is just town.

OWER: rang alarm bells for me, it read like panicked scum who was scrambling around all of the replace-ins. The fact he moved his vote later on solidifies this for me.

Star: Has some LAMIST posts that I didn't like. I have a scum lean here but it's based mostly on vibes.

this is extremely weak sauce especially about me. I've said a bunch of stuff, you didn't feel interested in talking about any of it? I'm generally town read right now so clearly other people already saw some "towntells" that you claim to be waiting for?
while it is one of the weakest sauce read lists i have ever seen, roden said he had only caught up to pg 15
Wartortle
Wartortle
He/him
Townie
Wartortle
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Wartortle »

In post 660, Black wrote:
In post 658, Wartortle wrote: i never said that it clears me but it certainly makes me less likely to be her partner and i find it strange you didn't mention that
I completely disagree with the assessment that you pushing her makes her less likely to be your partner
hm maybe it's a difference in philosophy of scumhunting but i still find it bad that you didn't mention that at all
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:00 am

Post by Black »

In post 663, Wartortle wrote: hm maybe it's a difference in philosophy of scumhunting but i still find it bad that you didn't mention that at all
What do you mean by bad? Scummy? And why would I mention it if I don't believe it to be true?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:08 am

Post by Black »

Unless you mean you find it bad that I didn't mention you pushing her, which rereading that's probably what you meant. It's fairly common around here for scum partners to push each other early and I do it when I'm scum pretty often. I didn't bring it up because I don't think you pushing her makes it any less/more likely you are paired and it would just be fluff text
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:13 am

Post by Dannflor »

VC 1.7

Wartortle [4] :
Thestatusquo, Black, OutWorldER, usesPython
Naerys [3] :
SmileyDude1, Wartortle, Roden
Roden [2] :
Animated Wizard, TheHoldSteady
AnimatedWizard [1] :
Hu Tao
Black [1] :
Enchant
Hu Tao [1] :
Naerys

Not Voting [0] :
BlackStar

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-11-05 20:11:20).

Mod Notes:
:]
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:37 am

Post by Roden »

In post 630, Black wrote:
In post 628, AnimatedWiz wrote: Not getting amazing vibes from Roden’s catch-up, but I’ll have to provide details later this morning.
I'm feeling this too

I'd be ok with a Roden vote
Explain maybe?
In post 634, Enchant wrote:
In post 629, Roden wrote:
In post 624, AnimatedWiz wrote: Could we get a readslist from you? Would likely help us understand who you townread, since that’s not been mentioned at all so far.
TOWN
Smiley
Hu Tao
Wiz
Wartortle
Hold
Python

NULL
Enchant
Heip
Knott

SCUM
Naerys
OWER
Star
Fellow townie i am sorry but where's black?
It's my reads list from page 14/15, Black wasn't in the game yet.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:56 am

Post by Roden »

In post 652, Wartortle wrote:
In post 622, Roden wrote: it read like panicked scum who was scrambling around all of the replace-ins. The fact he moved his vote later on solidifies this for me.
elaborate?
It's kind of infamous on this site that replace-ins can screw over scum. It's a permanent change to the game state that scum can't control, and if they had been pocketing that slot or hard pushing them it can be very difficult to keep that going.

This is how it read to me when OWER started to complain that the wagon was stalling, like he was trying to scare/pressure people into just dog piling Wiz before the new replace-ins could affect anything. It made no sense for town to panic IMO, because Day 1 was only half way over at that point and the "stalled" wagon only had four votes, one of which came from my slot which had just engaged in a 1v1 with Wiz right before replacing out.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:57 am

Post by Black »

In post 667, Roden wrote: Explain maybe?
Your vote on Naerys feels opportunistic. When reading your catchup post it feels like you mainly scumread her for having bad reads which isn't even really scum indicative. When I compare your read on her to OWER and to an extent BlackStar I feel like your vote should have gone to one of the latter two, but instead it goes on Naerys who just so happens to be one of the leading wagons

Nothing in your catchup gave me enough town vibes to make me reconsider my scumlean on DE

Initially I had an issue with your readslist because I thought it was ordered and that didn't match your reads but looking at it in more detail, it seems like you just threw names into the piles without ordering them. Correct me if I'm wrong here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 662, Wartortle wrote:
In post 661, Thestatusquo wrote:

while it is one of the weakest sauce read lists i have ever seen, roden said he had only caught up to pg 15
reading is extremely hard and how dare you :(
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:00 am

Post by Roden »

I might as well continue catching up further since the game seems a bit slow

In the mean time, can I get a quick summary of why Wartortle has so many votes
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:07 am

Post by Black »

In post 671, Roden wrote: n the mean time, can I get a quick summary of why Wartortle has so many votes

And python's vote is unexplained
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:58 am

Post by Roden »

In post 669, Black wrote:
In post 667, Roden wrote: Explain maybe?
Your vote on Naerys feels opportunistic. When reading your catchup post it feels like you mainly scumread her for having bad reads which isn't even really scum indicative. When I compare your read on her to OWER and to an extent BlackStar I feel like your vote should have gone to one of the latter two, but instead it goes on Naerys who just so happens to be one of the leading wagons

Nothing in your catchup gave me enough town vibes to make me reconsider my scumlean on DE

Initially I had an issue with your readslist because I thought it was ordered and that didn't match your reads but looking at it in more detail, it seems like you just threw names into the piles without ordering them. Correct me if I'm wrong here
Sorry, I thought I'd made it clear but I mainly scum read her for the
reasoning
she gave for her reads, not because she had bad reads. I specifically hate the Smiley read because I think he'd done enough to not be a null slot, and I hate the Wartortle scum read because it had zero lead up to it and it didn't match up with their prior interactions.

I would vote OWER, but 1) I haven't fully caught up and I want to know the context of why he changed his tune about his Wiz, 2) I don't have enough buy in and good will to start a brand new wagon two days before deadline, and 3) I still think Naerys is scum, and of my three scum reads she's the most likely slot I can successfully vote out.

As far as opportunism, I don't really understand this point. If I'm scum making up scum reads, voting Wartortle is the optimal play regardless of his alignment. If he's town, he's a much better vote than Naerys since that furthers the gap from my own potential wagon, and if Naerys is also town who is LHF then I'd want to keep her around for the next Day phase. If Wartortle is scum, the best play is for us to commit to scum theatre so one of us gains town cred if the other flips.

Also yeah, my reads list isn't ordered, but only because it isn't final yet.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:59 am

Post by Roden »

In post 672, Black wrote:
In post 671, Roden wrote: n the mean time, can I get a quick summary of why Wartortle has so many votes

And python's vote is unexplained
I like Shea's read here, I didn't think of the possibility that Wartortle was an alt. I don't think inconsistent behavior is necessarily scum-indicative though.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”