Open 887: Coalition of Frogs (Game Over)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

HEAL: Bella
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Also, howdy everyone
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:25 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 18, implosion wrote:
In post 11, Hero at Heart wrote: hello! how u doin?
i feel as though some burden of many years has been lifted, but i can't quite put my finger on it.

also jet lag
You are a mere plebian now it seems.

Though your username looks so weird now lol.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

We can actually vote people now? Thought that was after we form a coalition.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 26, Datisi wrote: it won't actually do anything until a coalition is locked in. you see i wanted to do this thing where i naked vote someone as a sign of being Sus of them because i didn't feel like actually typing out actual words. and you made me type out actual words. look what you've done
I can only apologize, I will send a gift basket first thing in the morning hoping my wrong has been righted(not a dig on you, just having some fun lol).

But, I saw other votes and just thought 'eh it's RVS I guess'. Yours seemed like an actual vote, so I was a bit confused.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:49 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 37, Aristeia wrote: maybe hero @ heart is mafia ? no strong feelings there.
This reads as a vibe ping, but I am curious if there is something more to it.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 39, Aristeia wrote: there's nothing more to it
K

Why is Mala only scum with Dats?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:58 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 47, Hero at Heart wrote: cool lol

i might as well:

HEAL: Datisi, Hero, Bella, Merlyn

Drew do you want in?
I mean, if you think I should be.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

HEAL: Hero

This could be TvT between them and THS, but Hero has an energy to their posts(almost feels like how I post when I want to effort) that says town more than THS.

THS almost feels like they are trying to get Hero in a gotcha moment.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

HEAL: Ari

This seems to be townAri, and imo offering to sheep someone like she did with Hero is more town indicative, or they are both just scum.

I would tend to lean the former.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 142, TheHoldSteady wrote: We've still got time but let's get some organization to our approach. I'd like to challenge everyone, by Friday, to come up with 2-3 people you absolutely want in your coalition, and 2-3 people you don't.
I would appreciate not being given homework lol.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:31 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 147, implosion wrote:
In post 127, Doctor Drew wrote: HEAL: Hero

This could be TvT between them and THS, but Hero has an energy to their posts(almost feels like how I post when I want to effort) that says town more than THS.

THS almost feels like they are trying to get Hero in a gotcha moment.
i do not like this post. but also i absolutely turbo tunneled doctor drew in the one game we played together and we were both town.
In post 134, Hero at Heart wrote: this might sound really silly but:
@drew, merlyn, kittens, implo - feel free to townspew yourself if you are town
i probably will at some point. are you someone who's played with me much?
This game must have been awhile ago lol, I was trying to remember if we played together.

Also, what is the issue you have with my post?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 149, implosion wrote: I think THS is very town. his posting on the whole has a certain verve to it that feels like there's real opinionatedness and like, the right motivation behind it. Softly think bella is town.
How do you feel about Hero though?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 151, implosion wrote:
In post 148, Doctor Drew wrote:Also, what is the issue you have with my post?
It feels overexplainy in the way of scum who feels the need to appear justified rather than town who actually has reasons behind what they're doing. Like, "this could be TvT but maybe this one feels more townie and the other one feels like it's a gotcha" immediately after a Heal feels like scum who feels like they need to add people to their coalition and that each person they add needs to be accompanied by a blurb explaining it. Sort of ditto with but that one doesn't ping me in the same way for whatever reason. this is probably a bad explanation.
Simply these aren't super strong reads on any of them, but I feel like I am familiar with Ari's town play to an extent....and see it here. And Hero seems to be pretty transparent, and like I said, seems a bit like me when a smidge of frustration comes out.

In both cases I wanted to acknowledge that both reads could be wrong and wanted to offer a scenario for if I am wrong and how it would be.

It has been awhile since you played with me lol.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 153, implosion wrote: ftr here is the game where i erroneously scumread you (you replaced out and were replaced by enchant, who i proceeded to tunnel even harder and get mislimmed and then effectively get cleared for how hard i mislimmed them >_>)
Ohhhhh ya, wasn't that long ago lol.

I just never could get into that game, I when I did I felt like everyone just punched me in the face for my reads.

Wasn't having fun in that game.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 161, implosion wrote: I don't even feel like that's a play that "good" scum is likely to make. It's the kind of thing that probably a lot of good scum would avoid because it's practically likely to be scumread by a good swathe of people.
Are you making the mistake of assuming how a player, especially one that you are not familiar with, would play under a certain alignment?

Especially when there is another player, Merlyn in this case, has first hand experience with THS as scum......and you are seemingly poo poo-ing their read?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 164, Malakittens wrote:
In post 61, Datisi wrote: actually like, idk how much exp you have with mala, i don't have that much, but she doesn't strike me as a sort of thinking 5 steps ahead scum player (no offense) that you're making her out to be there, do you think it's like, likely that scum-mala would've been thinking so much about something like that on page 2?

:cry: :cry:
Hear me out.

Reading that post again by Dats, doesn't it read as he knows you are town?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:42 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 160, Merlyn wrote:
In post 146, implosion wrote: But I think it is +town just for the brazenness of a seemingly relatively new player being like "nah i'm really not playing how scum would be playing in this setup lol" in this way.
I want to lean town on THS bc I don't agree with most of the case that Hero laid out. But I think it's dangerous to paint THS with the 'new scum would never do X' brush bc I just came off of two games where he fooled me and just about everyone else as the most towny scum I've seen in a while. I don't know if he's played somewhere else before and I haven't asked but he's very good.
In post 161, implosion wrote: I don't even feel like that's a play that "good" scum is likely to make. It's the kind of thing that probably a lot of good scum would avoid because it's practically likely to be scumread by a good swathe of people.
In post 162, Doctor Drew wrote:
Are you making the mistake of assuming how a player, especially one that you are not familiar with, would play under a certain alignment?

Especially when there is another player, Merlyn in this case, has first hand experience with THS as scum......and you are seemingly poo poo-ing their read?
In post 166, implosion wrote:
In post 162, Doctor Drew wrote:

this is just a weird take. 1, mafia is a game that is fundamentally built on a pile of assumptions. 2, I don't need to defer to someone else's read just because they've played with the person before. And most importantly 3, no, that's not what I'm doing at all, I'm making a reasoned counterargument to Merlyn's reasoning; she said that THS is a good scum player so we shouldn't townread him too easily and I gave the counterargument that my reason for townreading him should still apply even if he's a good scum player. It's also kind of heinous in isolation to say i'm "poo poo-ing" Merlyn's read just because I'm disagreeing with it and she's played with him before. Like, heck, i'm not allowed to disagree with someone???
This is bullshit.

You are doing mental gymnastics to town read THS, Merlyn just said 'Hey, I have seen them in the wild, they don't fuck around as scum'.

And you said nope, you aren't listening to actual first hand meta, and like I said assigning how you would play to another person.

I don't even think you are scum, just doing what I see too often from town who doesn't observe enough.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:51 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 145, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 142, TheHoldSteady wrote: We've still got time but let's get some organization to our approach. I'd like to challenge everyone, by Friday, to come up with 2-3 people you absolutely want in your coalition, and 2-3 people you don't.
I would appreciate not being given homework lol.
In post 169, Hero at Heart wrote:
this posts feels really off, but not even in a scummy way. it feels like THS has to have zero gamestate awarenessbto make this post when multiple other people have already expressed their preferred coalition and he hasn't.
i doubt this is scum indicative, but i am noting it bc it's weird and i would like to have people's thoughts on this, if they have any thoughts.
Why isn't it scum indicative?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:29 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 195, Merlyn wrote:
In post 165, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 61, Datisi wrote: actually like, idk how much exp you have with mala, i don't have that much, but she doesn't strike me as a sort of thinking 5 steps ahead scum player (no offense) that you're making her out to be there, do you think it's like, likely that scum-mala would've been thinking so much about something like that on page 2?

Hear me out.

Uhh...no?
This was directed at Mala.

And implosion, you might be right. Especially after the last game we just might have to let each other cook instead of arguing the way we have, especially since I really don't think you are coming after me in bad faith.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 207, TheHoldSteady wrote: Doc do you think I'm scum or no?
I would say yes, but it isn't a strong ping. I actually do like this above post from you, objectively speaking.

Also about 167, I wasn't upset because it was 'bad town play'(well I guess I was, but I don't want to come across as saying implosion is bad). I have seen players, usually good players, get a bit too stubborn when reading a relatively newer player saying 'newb scum wouldn't do this or that' or 'I would play that differently if I were town/scum' and kinda get tunneled in that thinking. And then when presented with real world evidence that contradicts this, stubbornness is probably the best word here, they poo poo it and don't listen.

And usually I see this from a town player, hence why I wanted to make it clear that I don't scum read them, but need to be more open minded to different ways of going about the game(which I think implosion kinda gets now, at least in regards to me).

Also Merlyn, now I am not trying to white knight you, just the first time I have town read you so quickly lol.

HEAL: Merlyn, implosion
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:46 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 226, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 224, Hero at Heart wrote: so right now i'm kinda happy with a datisi/hero/merlyn/bella/implosion coalition.
is there anyone who actually SR's these people?
btw this is not intentional but the literal page 9 pagebottom is my solve which means it's perfect for a page 10 coalition, right?

eh, i'll wait at least 2 more days to see if there's a dramatic change...
I don't feel all that great about Dats tbh
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:25 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 231, Aristeia wrote: HEAL: Datisi, Hero, Merlyn, Bella, Implosion
Would rather have you then Dats in there
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:53 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 233, Aristeia wrote: I'd rather not, I have low expectations this coalition wins but I am ready to be surprised.
Why put through this coalition if you think it has a high chance of failing?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:19 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 240, Hero at Heart wrote: drew can you walk me through your read progression on aristeia?
I felt like I am atuned to her town game, and so far kinda seemed the same, and like I don't think she is too difficult to read(that being said, never have seen her scum game).

But her not liking her coalition group is just bizarre. I don't know what to make of it tbh. Unless it is a bit of TMI, like she knows one of her buddies is in it.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:04 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 247, Datisi wrote: zzz hello i got lazy i read up now
In post 227, Doctor Drew wrote: I don't feel all that great about Dats tbh
is there any reason for this besides that one post you called tmi?
Well let's put it this way, I feel better about Hero, Merlyn, Imp, and Bella than I feel about you.

Felt better about Ari, but not so sure now. So I would prefer to be in the coalition over you.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 250, Datisi wrote:
In post 248, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 247, Datisi wrote: zzz hello i got lazy i read up now
In post 227, Doctor Drew wrote: I don't feel all that great about Dats tbh
is there any reason for this besides that one post you called tmi?
Well let's put it this way, I feel better about Hero, Merlyn, Imp, and Bella than I feel about you.

Felt better about Ari, but not so sure now. So I would prefer to be in the coalition over you.
that doesn't help me much but ok let's see

why is that one post from me tmi-ing mala and why do you think merlyn is town?
It is vibes, I always am a little distrusting of her early on, but now I feel like(much like I did with Ari) that this really is her town game. Plus there is a looseness there I don't really see from scum(like the whole town spew thing)
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:28 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Hear me out.

Actually maybe TMI isn't the correct thing, and I am forgetting the term when scum protects town like this.

But, there is such a confidence you show here that you know her scum game so well there is no possible way she can be scum. Even if you know someone's play fairly well, I don't buy that you could make this strong of a read early in a game, especially with a light poster like Mala, as town.

Basically like I said, this reads like you know she is town.

Pre Edit: You said to someone else that scumMala doesn't do this, sounds kinda like at least a little bit of a town read, if i am wrong and you are town as well.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:29 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 255, Datisi wrote:
In post 252, Doctor Drew wrote: but now I feel like(much like I did with Ari) that this really is her town game
is there anything to this that's not the "looseness", because this doesn't really tell me anything
Well I explained that it is a big part of my town read on her, and I gave an example of what I meant. So I don't know what to tell you if it doesn't tell you anything.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 259, Datisi wrote:
In post 256, Doctor Drew wrote:

Hear me out.

Actually maybe TMI isn't the correct thing, and I am forgetting the term when scum protects town like this.

But, there is such a confidence you show here that you know her scum game so well there is no possible way she can be scum. Even if you know someone's play fairly well, I don't buy that you could make this strong of a read early in a game, especially with a light poster like Mala, as town.

Basically like I said, this reads like you know she is town.

Pre Edit: You said to someone else that scumMala doesn't do this, sounds kinda like at least a little bit of a town read, if i am wrong and you are town as well.
*blinks*

my guy, you might wanna read that conversation again, i was arguing AGAINST ari's townread on mala

like ari made a point where she said that "mala as scum here would've done all this analysis before making this p2 post and would've concluded not to make it, therefore she's not scum here"

and i was saying "i don't think scum-mala would've done all that analysis before making that p2 post, therefore she can still be scum here"
Well here's the thing lol, I didn't read the whole conversation and just saw when Mala quoted the one post with the cry emoji. In a vacuum it pinged me.

But I get what you are saying now, but I swear it looks like you are defending her lol.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:05 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

You know, a bit of a mea culpa on Dats.....I could see him in the coalition, considering the one reason I was scum reading them may have been misread by me lol.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 263, Aristeia wrote:
In post 237, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 233, Aristeia wrote: I'd rather not, I have low expectations this coalition wins but I am ready to be surprised.
because I can always just be wrong
If you have low confidence, why not put yourself in it?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 267, Aristeia wrote:
In post 243, Doctor Drew wrote: But her not liking her coalition group is just bizarre. I don't know what to make of it tbh. Unless it is a bit of TMI, like she knows one of her buddies is in it.
well I don't particularly think anyone really cares about what I want the coalition to be so I don't particularly care about trying to force my opinions through.
In post 268, Aristeia wrote:
In post 266, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 263, Aristeia wrote:
In post 237, Doctor Drew wrote:
because I can always just be wrong
If you have low confidence, why not put yourself in it?
because i'll just get misyeeted when it fails
This comes off as over the top defeatism.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (isolation #33) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

HURT: Ari

HEAL: dats, drew
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Oops

HEAL: Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:40 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 392, Merlyn wrote:
In post 389, Doctor Drew wrote: Oops

HEAL: Doctor Drew
Same question for Drew actually
Which question?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:34 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 394, Merlyn wrote: oh, sorry, this one
In post 391, Merlyn wrote: THS, what about the conversation that just went on all day led you this way? Also, do you think Hero is town then or are they not correlated?
Well I just wanted Dats and me in the coalition, but didn't realize I already had four people in my vote......so went with guaranteed town instead of probably town.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (isolation #37) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Can we agree that Merlyn and THS are not buddies?

Conversely is this theater?

I am going back and forth tbh.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:14 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Damn, my reads are a mess right now.

Kinda feel good about THS, and weirdly worse about Merlyn.

I think I pulled a Klick and described them as scum but town read her for it.

Also, I know who you are Hero lol....you are playing a bit different though.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:25 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 454, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 438, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 434, implosion wrote: (i'll talk about the scum case on him in a bit but it seems like hero is particularly intransigent on him
lol i guess i am

you know what, can i ask a question?

if THS is town then who are potential scum candidates for you?
I feel like I'd look at mer again? I think for me, I get their and Ari's perspectives least.

I'm not sure I strongly see ths as scum anymore anyway
Your not just saying this because I just said this, right?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (isolation #40) » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:04 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 456, Merlyn wrote:
In post 422, Doctor Drew wrote: Can we agree that Merlyn and THS are not buddies?

Conversely is this theater?

I am going back and forth tbh.
In post 423, Hero at Heart wrote: i think it might be theater

especially cause earlier THS wanted me to put merlyn in the coalition instead of ari but didn't offer himself
This is such a weird convo for two folx who claim to tr me to have
Well one of these folx has just said they are not sure about townMerlyn.

And there is something going on between you two.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (isolation #41) » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:16 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 459, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 453, Doctor Drew wrote: Also, I know who you are Hero lol....you are playing a bit different though.
that's what the alt is for, sí? to play different. es intencional.

Spoiler:
also, did give it away, or something else
(such as a little duck told you)
?
Oh shoot, I actually had it incorrect haha.....but now I got you :wink:
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (isolation #42) » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 469, TheHoldSteady wrote: Started re-reading.

Ari seems better than I remembered. Asking questions I'd expect town to ask.

I don't feel very strongly about Bella being town anymore. She's played this pretty reactively.

Drew might be town because I can't think of why scum would make at this point in time.

Datisi seemed town.

Merlyn I could see going either way.

HEAL: Aristella[/hurt]

HURT: Bellaphant
Did you maybe mean 167? 168 is a hero post.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:38 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 493, Save The Dragons wrote: I genuinely like ari when she's taking names and kicking ass and I think she's doing that here

Though last game I played with her she wasn't really doing that and I suspected her and she was town
From what I have seen as of late(only as town), is more like this, more laid back.

But, she also appears more confident as town imo.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 480, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 28, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 26, Datisi wrote: it won't actually do anything until a coalition is locked in. you see i wanted to do this thing where i naked vote someone as a sign of being Sus of them because i didn't feel like actually typing out actual words. and you made me type out actual words. look what you've done
I can only apologize, I will send a gift basket first thing in the morning hoping my wrong has been righted(not a dig on you, just having some fun lol).
i hope i inherit the gift basket
Yes of course, are you more of a chocolates and fruit guy, or is wine and cheese your jam?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 499, Merlyn wrote: I don't know who is scum. Pass the chocolate
Ma'am, this is a gift basket for std, not you.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (isolation #46) » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:16 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

HURT: everything

I gotta start over

Pre Edit: Lol, is so depressing to read the preview. Did I just write the latest DSBM jam??
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (isolation #47) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:33 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 557, Merlyn wrote: VOTE: Mala

Days of no activity, then a sudden burst of activity leading to the hammer? I think your buddy was urging you to get in there behind the scenes
In post 558, Aristeia wrote: we should vote out someone in the coalition first - voting outside of coalition is p bad
Can we stash a Merlyn vote for later?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (isolation #48) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Sorry, forgot about this game lol.

I honestly, in my head, can be talked into voting for anyone in the coalition, that isn't good.

And honestly, my gut is leaning Ari, but it isn't anything solid I could make a case on.....and even saying the vote should be from the coalition(even though that is obvious) is townie imo(especially since she told Merlyn to get the vote off Mala.....unless if course they are buddies).

Argh, I need a beer.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:14 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

If it is Ari, I would say with Mala or Merlyn.

I think we probably have a deep wolf though.

I can't help to remember how Implo and I clashed, then they backed off.....after referencing a previous game where they came after me when I was town (and they were town as well, I believe?).

Like I can't shake the feeling that they mentioned it on purpose to be like 'Hey Drew, I do this as town sometimes.....and look at me doing again here! I must be town, right?'

When all else fails I need to go to my special Drew place in my head.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (isolation #50) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:11 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

VOTE: implosion

Going with my gut.

Plus, I almost always am of the belief that scum would be more careful than town. I don't think scumStd enters the game as he did and hammer the coalition as he did.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (isolation #51) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:09 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 631, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 626, Doctor Drew wrote: Going with my gut.
i hate to be the guy who asks for an explanation of gut, but...

explain?
In post 578, Doctor Drew wrote: If it is Ari, I would say with Mala or Merlyn.

I think we probably have a deep wolf though.

I can't help to remember how Implo and I clashed, then they backed off.....after referencing a previous game where they came after me when I was town (and they were town as well, I believe?).

Like I can't shake the feeling that they mentioned it on purpose to be like 'Hey Drew, I do this as town sometimes.....and look at me doing again here! I must be town, right?'

When all else fails I need to go to my special Drew place in my head.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (isolation #52) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Also since no one else wants to say it, std is at E-1
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (isolation #53) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 633, RH9 wrote: My attempt at taking a hiatus failed.
Anyways, I'll read up some ISOs and form some preliminary reads.
Also hello!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (isolation #54) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:23 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 712, Ausuka wrote: Prodding Doctor Drew.
Ahhh sorry.

Will read up more later tonight, but these last few posts from THS are really pinging my gut that they am imo are buddies.

See you all soon
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (isolation #55) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 759, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 754, Merlyn wrote: Drew, come back! I would like to hear your thoughts on the current gamestate
agreed
I'm here!

I think at this point I would be fine with an std flip, still not sure if they are scum but I think it would really help the game state to have a flip.

Still prefer imp though.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (isolation #56) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:43 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 798, Hero at Heart wrote: okay fine if nothing changes i'll probably just hammer in the morning (10 hours from now)
Just to end the day, I will hammer in the next few hours.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (isolation #57) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

RH's last few posts really read like a last ditch effort to save std, especially since I said I would hammer them.

So unless anyone else has something to say, I am going to hammer std.

Like in a half hour or so.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (isolation #58) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 810, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 809, Doctor Drew wrote: RH's last few posts really read like a last ditch effort to save std, especially since I said I would hammer them.

So unless anyone else has something to say, I am going to hammer std.

Like in a half hour or so.

They do in one sense. But in another sense, it seems like people who go against the grain of the bandwagon so hard turn out to be town more often than scum?
It was more the timing for me, right after I said I would hammer. Speaking of which.....

VOTE: std
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #817 (isolation #59) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I have a guilty on Merlyn, told you guys she is bad news.

But seriously, I doubt scum would buss here, well at least not as early on the wagon as Imp and Merlyn......figures the two people I scum read the most lol.

I guess maybe Ari could buss there, but doubt it.

Objectively speaking, my hammer was probably the only spot a buss could happen, so I understand it not clearing me.

Now, like I said before I hammered, I did not like RH's reaction to me saying I would hammer std. I believe this should be the vote then it is GG town, let's all crack the champagne.

But at the very least I feel like the lim should be between RH, Bella, and Hero.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (isolation #60) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Well I said I didn't fully clear her, and literally was just going off the final wagon. I should have said I needed to look at when she joined, and like you said, if she seemed committed to it.

And also like I said, I highly prefer RH over anyone.

Pre Edit: Bad New Make Merlyn
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (isolation #61) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:11 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 829, implosion wrote: i could be convinced on Bella but it'd be sort of a hard sell. I sort of have a hard time imagining wanting to lim anyone other than RH today though. His argument that I should be seeing that he is playing differently from the game I've seen him as scum is kind of absurd (like, sure, you bussed once, okay, most players don't always bus or always not bus). I don't think I have much of a read on RH's play in isolation but the circumstantial evidence of Mala's coalition vote + RH9 not particularly feeling like town means like I said yesterday I don't really want the slot living to endgame. I feel probably less confident on him than I did on STD but mostly because of the coalition info.
Honestly it was RHs reaction to my intent to hammer that made me feel better about said hammer.

I feel better about scumRH now then I did about scumStd yesterday.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (isolation #62) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 832, Aristeia wrote: I'm fine with yeeting RH9 - I have some reservations but I am prepared to be carried
I feel like it goes RH, if not them Bella, if not them Hero

You might be the spicy wrench in the plan, but we can deal with that if RH is town.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (isolation #63) » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 849, Hero at Heart wrote: actually i rescind this, i don't see any scum motivation for hedging on their partner and making a weak push elsewhere only to immediately say they will hammer their partner anyway

i think drew's sr of me is bullshit.
Wut

Imo the lim should be in those who didn't vote std, also maybe including myself and Ari......and you are in that group.

Explain how that is a scum read of you, especially since I also stated I feel way more confident about RH then anyone else.

And even if RH flips town, would still prefer Bella over you.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (isolation #64) » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:23 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

I still would be shocked if it is anyone but RH.

And Ari, if we just go RH-Bella-Hero, then in a world where Hero is scum, they can't win.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (isolation #65) » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:27 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 923, Hero at Heart wrote: you forget the world where ari is scum and therefore i won't let bella be limmed for no reason.

we can do RH-ari-hero, that's fine.
Fair enough, but why is Bella limmed for no reason?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (isolation #66) » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:33 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

You could be wrong.

And yes I could be wrong about RH(though there does appear to be a growing consensus they are scum), but I am working mechanically here, which definitely isn't how I normally operate lol.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #928 (isolation #67) » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

But let's just lim RH, then if they do flip town we can discuss who should be next instead of just nuking Bella or Ari right away(or maybe you lol).
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (isolation #68) » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:55 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Not really, like I said, mechanics.

VOTE: RH
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (isolation #69) » Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:01 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Lol, didn't realize we were at E-1
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (isolation #70) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1020, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1016, implosion wrote: most of these pages make me feel nothing except that i feel bad for not hammering last night if titus is indeed scum

so its all your fault ;)
Nuke: Implosion

And explosion for Implosion if you will.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1024 (isolation #71) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1023, Aristeia wrote: ill vote titus if she doesnt do anything by this time tommorrow unless implosion wants to hammer or whatever
Titus had to attack someone when they came in, the only way they win is too pocket you by going after the person scum reading you the most(Hero), she came out swinging.

This is scumTitus 100 times out of 100.....one of the few people I can consistently read on this site.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (isolation #72) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:50 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1026, Merlyn wrote: just stopping Ausuka from taking
I lied, I consistently read Merlyn as the worst as well.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (isolation #73) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:08 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I kid cause I love
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (isolation #74) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:25 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1031, Titus wrote: Like I am 85% sure it's Hero.
And again, like I said to Ari.

Hero can't win as scum, this game is solved.

But you had the unfortunate task of repping into scum.......so I get what you are doing.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1357 (isolation #75) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:26 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I had Implo D1, that slimy sonuva B got away though.

Congrats though lol
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1361 (isolation #76) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1360, implosion wrote: so my main struggle this game was figuring out nightkills. And of course I regretted every nightkill basically as soon as the following day started, I regretted shooting Drew as soon as Hero said they would have been pushing him, I regretted shooting Ari as soon as Bella said she'd have been pushing her. The main motivation for the THS and Drew kills was that I knew I was too townie coming out of d1/d2 and I needed it to not be that auspicious that I was being left alive, so I wanted to keep some of the other townier people alive with me. It *sort of* worked? I shot THS specifically because he was townreading me at the time IIRC and I wanted to shoot someone townreading me in the moment to play for the long game. I also wanted to shoot on the StD wagon. I shot Drew because I thought he was townreading me at that moment but was liable to go back.

I also don't begrudge the replace out, irl is more important.
I figured I was ripe for a mis lim on D2, so color me surprised when Ausuka said I was dead lol.

She did post what you said in the Mafia or about why you chose me, took me a bit but then I understood why you chose me.

I probably wouldn't have gone after you D2, but as the days went by probably would have realized it was you all this time.

Keyser Zoze.gif goes here

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”