Open 889 | Secrets of the Anuket Topaz | fin.

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3775 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:06 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 3768, Firebringer wrote: Maybe its a simple game like andres/imaginality
imaginality could be helping push gob or something rather than...just voting andres if they were a team
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

yes, open question to @everyone:

If either Imaginality or Andres is scum, who the hell is their partner in a way that still explains the votes?

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:09 pm

Post by gob »

I'm not following. Couldn't they be partners with each other?
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

Imaginality voted Andres when the wagon was picking up speed

Why vote their own partner and risk outright losing when they could pivot into you for example that is the most viable 3rd option?

gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:18 pm

Post by gob »

idk
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:23 pm

Post by Prism »

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:29 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 3776, Lazy Shirou wrote: yes, open question to @everyone:

If either Imaginality or Andres is scum, who the hell is their partner in a way that still explains the votes?
That is a difficult question, yes

I think Firebringer is the only viable Andres partner which makes things very questionable there

Imaginality could be partnered with either you or Ydrasse. I don't think you're scum so that basically leaves Ydrasse who could be partnered with over half the game
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:34 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Oh, Ydrasse also lost points for the unvote
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:45 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Her voting history is super lacking and it's fair to say that any reasonable person would assume I wasn't just gonna up and vote Andres there because I had expressed no intention to do so

so it could plausibly have been a risky bus vote that she had to back off from because of my sudden appearance.

We don't actually see the results of not being confident enough to want Andres at E-1. May be worth a note that the two people who were potentially still able to blitz there were STD and Gob
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:44 pm

Post by imaginality »

Voting on a viable wagon on a buddy is definitely very risky for scum today since that's game ending if it goes wrong or if they have to bail too obviously.

Whereas deliberately not blitzing on a wagon on town, I could see that in some hands that might be a clever move for getting town cred to help them through tomorrow. So I don't think we can place that much weight on it
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:45 pm

Post by imaginality »

(Also thanks for the well-wishes, my kiddo's home again now)
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:51 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Where do you stand on Shirou and Ydrasse, Imag
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:43 pm

Post by imaginality »

Ydrasse has been in the lower half of my reads all game. But today I've doubted that read mainly because I feel like she would likely have left before camel.

I can see your point that the unvote when Andres was E-1 does look a bit bad.

Shirou, I don't think is paired with Andres. I've found some of his posts performative (though like I said earlier, his playstyle seems to be like that) but I don't really see us ever limming him today so have been more trying to figure out who the weaker link would be. I just wouldn't want Shirou to be town binned D4 if we mislim today.

In other news I'm still not sure why gob is getting so strongly townread on tone. I mean I do think gob believes a bunch of what he's saying but he could believe it as scum and have played accordingly.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:55 pm

Post by jjh927 »

You know, there is a Gob wagon at the moment
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:55 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Are you firmly on the Andres + someone else train of thought? Do you think Gob is a possible Andres partner?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:02 am

Post by jjh927 »

Actually, while we're thinking about this, I gave Andres way too much credit for sheeping me onto STD considering he moved off like 2 whole days before I started hopping around and now he's been talking like I owe him something for him giving me his vote
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:43 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 3788, jjh927 wrote: You know, there is a Gob wagon at the moment
There is. If we're not doing Andres I'd rather T3 than gob though. The vote count iso suggests T3 got up to 4 votes earlier but I don't recall why things moved away.
In post 3789, jjh927 wrote: Are you firmly on the Andres + someone else train of thought? Do you think Gob is a possible Andres partner?
I think the way today's gone there's probably scum between Andres and T3.
I don't recall any reason why Andres couldn't be scum with either of T3 or gob. Or it could be gob and T3. I think any combination of those with camel could well decide camel should escape first.

I think if it were up to me our two lims would be among the three of them and if the team is something outside that, like Shirou Prism or something, well played scum.

Maybe I'd include Fire as a possible lim tomorrow.

I don't see myself voting out you, Prism, or Shirou unless there's a really good case. And I don't see myself voting out Ydrasse or StD because of gamestate.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:54 am

Post by jjh927 »

I think T3's Andres vote and overall progression there rules him out as an Andres partner
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:12 am

Post by imaginality »

Maybe but I don't know, it seems early enough in the day. And also I think he was the main wagon himself when he first voted Andres today? I can see he might have thought it smarter to switch to town!me via scum buddy rather than straight switch, considering if we mislim we'll be analysing the votes of whoever escapes.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:28 am

Post by Prism »

My preference order is basically the same. Ydrasse moved up a bit.

Andres, imaginality, Dragons, T3.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 3783, jjh927 wrote: Her voting history is super lacking and it's fair to say that any reasonable person would assume I wasn't just gonna up and vote Andres there because I had expressed no intention to do so

so it could plausibly have been a risky bus vote that she had to back off from because of my sudden appearance.

We don't actually see the results of not being confident enough to want Andres at E-1. May be worth a note that the two people who were potentially still able to blitz there were STD and Gob
this is weird and self absorbed. i unvoted because he didn’t feel like a wolf he felt like town who was very upset by how he was treated and there were multiple people who were uncounted for who have a non zero chance of being a wolf imo and wanted to give the dude a bit of breathing room.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:38 am

Post by jjh927 »

What do you think he's going to do with the breathing room, Ydrasse, and do you intend to vote anyone else in the meantime or are you just waiting for the game to progress in your absence
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:04 am

Post by Ydrasse »

be reasonable, offer more than whatever weird protest he’s doing over imaginality and his death sentence, do nothing and make my vote go back there?

and nope not gonna vote until i feel like it. you pressing the matter makes me more unlikely to do so tbh. i am sure the game will find a way to survive.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3798 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:17 am

Post by Prism »

I give up, primarily because I am behind on my work this week, secondarily because the year is not 2022 and I would rather lose than do what it (probably) takes to win.

VOTE: Andres

I will post again with a blank vote in 48 hours. I will post again 1 hour before deadline with a blank vote. If the plurality is on an extremely strong townread, intentionally tying the vote to get a random flip will be considered.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3799 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3773, Lazy Shirou wrote: so basically to me the unique teams that doesn't seem like would likely have firebringer on it are:

StD/Andres

T3/Andres
I would argue that my vote for STD, and STD’s vote for me today should make you doubt the first pairing, but I won’t disagree that Dragons is probably my most likely Partner other than say Firebringer from an objective perspective.

I said that Dragons is very likely Town to me. They had a set of posts (stuff like ) that remind me of my own frustration this game, and then posts like that aren’t outside of anyone’s Scum Range, but also tend to come from Town in my experience. I think it’s the combination of the two that has me looking elsewhere. I don’t know if that’s sufficiently convincing, but that’s why I felt they couldn’t be Scum.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”