BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:49 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1739, Black wrote:
In post 1735, BlackStar wrote: All the talk right now is about roles and what is and isn't possible and I don't know how any of that works. I guess I'll just go through the wikis or something
I feel like if you were town here then you would still be trying to solve outside of the mech talk. You don't really need to engage with the mech at all imo
How? If people were saying that they didn't understand something that I said then I could try to defend myself. But since nobody is saying anything to that effect, I don't have anything to work with. Half the votes on me have been placed without reasons and the other half are just people saying they don't think I'm the bodyguard. That's not enough information for me to try to decipher intentions
In post 1740, usesPython wrote:
In post 1735, BlackStar wrote: All the talk right now is about roles and what is and isn't possible and I don't know how any of that works. I guess I'll just go through the wikis or something
Don't you have 3.4k posts on this site? How would you not know about common Normal roles like Jailkeeper/JOAT/Bulletproof/Watcher?
I've been gone for like 5 years. Even before the break my eyes would glass over whenever people would start talking about this stuff
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:49 am

Post by Enchant »

My favorite moment of game where Black writes me as investigator, someone tells "but investigator was joke" and Black tells "oh" And still keeps me as investigator.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

its also a little bit disingenuous.

knowing what a role means in an intellectual sense !== being able to correctly parse how a setup with said roles fits together on the fly.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:50 am

Post by Black »

In post 1750, BlackStar wrote: How? If people were saying that they didn't understand something that I said then I could try to defend myself. But since nobody is saying anything to that effect, I don't have anything to work with. Half the votes on me have been placed without reasons and the other half are just people saying they don't think I'm the bodyguard. That's not enough information for me to try to decipher intentions
You have like 65 pages of non-mech stuff to work with. I don't understand this logic
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:50 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1745, usesPython wrote:
In post 1741, Black wrote:
In post 1737, Naerys wrote: VOTE: BlackStar
This screams "it's time to bus" to me

That's e-2 and even though I'm like 95% down to fade BlackStar here, I don't think we should do it so fast. Trying to make him talk more is the play

Please no more votes. It really feels like scum is gearing up to have BS hammer himself
If you make it that blatant that he's getting limmed today he's gonna keep quiet lol
I'm at E-2. It's not a secret that I'm close to death
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:50 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 1751, Enchant wrote: My favorite moment of game where Black writes me as investigator, someone tells "but investigator was joke" and Black tells "oh" And still keeps me as investigator.
a moment of glory for enchant
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:51 am

Post by Black »

In post 1751, Enchant wrote: My favorite moment of game where Black writes me as investigator, someone tells "but investigator was joke" and Black tells "oh" And still keeps me as investigator.
Yeah I updated the list to incorporate Shea's VT claim but I forgot to remove your joke claim
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Posting a read list from yesterday before all claims and night actions were revealed rather than just putting in the work to try to figure out a new one does feel a bit anti-spewy to me.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:51 am

Post by Black »

Or maybe it was OWER's VT claim. Whatever
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:53 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1752, Thestatusquo wrote: its also a little bit disingenuous.

knowing what a role means in an intellectual sense !== being able to correctly parse how a setup with said roles fits together on the fly.
If you don't know how to setup spec then the wiki isn't gonna help you there, the only thing the wiki will give you is what the role does exactly
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:53 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1710, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1706, AnimatedWiz wrote: BlackStar, if I could ask, why did your read on Smiley change between and ? You never mentioned wanting to vote for Smiley during the beginning of D2, even when you responded to Enchant voting for him in .
I just looked at the votes at the end of D1 and tried to decide who seemed the most like scum. I looked at the people off the wagon first because I figured at least one of the scum would've been off of it and since there were fewer people off the wagon, it might be easier to narrow down who was suspicious.

I was town reading THS and Roden, so that left you and Hu Tao. Hu Tao seemed pretty much the same to me as the last game we played together where she was town, but she wasn't posting that much so I felt a little bit wary of her. That just left you and I didn't see much from your iso that would make me want to trust you. I didn't want to start tunneling you and being a jerk though, so I kept looking at everyone else.
I feel like your reasoning here for voting me is really off from what you’ve stated previously about your reads on me—in the past, you said it was about how I seemed on the fence, like I was looking for group approval, and that I was acting similarly to my previous scum game. If it’s now just process of elimination out of those not on the Wartortle wagon, I feel like the story isn’t matching up properly.

Moreover, I’m unsure why you’re so concerned about your push on me when that’s not really been addressed at all today—it feels to me like you’re trying to preemptively defend against that line of questioning. It feels… performative?
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:55 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1760, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 1710, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1706, AnimatedWiz wrote: BlackStar, if I could ask, why did your read on Smiley change between and ? You never mentioned wanting to vote for Smiley during the beginning of D2, even when you responded to Enchant voting for him in .
I just looked at the votes at the end of D1 and tried to decide who seemed the most like scum. I looked at the people off the wagon first because I figured at least one of the scum would've been off of it and since there were fewer people off the wagon, it might be easier to narrow down who was suspicious.

I was town reading THS and Roden, so that left you and Hu Tao. Hu Tao seemed pretty much the same to me as the last game we played together where she was town, but she wasn't posting that much so I felt a little bit wary of her. That just left you and I didn't see much from your iso that would make me want to trust you. I didn't want to start tunneling you and being a jerk though, so I kept looking at everyone else.
I feel like your reasoning here for voting me is really off from what you’ve stated previously about your reads on me—in the past,
you said it was about how I seemed on the fence, like I was looking for group approval, and that I was acting similarly to my previous scum game. If it’s now just process of elimination out of those not on the Wartortle wagon, I feel like the story isn’t matching up properly.

Moreover, I’m unsure why you’re so concerned about your push on me when that’s not really been addressed at all today—it feels to me like you’re trying to preemptively defend against that line of questioning. It feels… performative?
It's both. And I'm not concerned about the push, I was explaining my entire thought process leading up to wanting to vote for Smiley
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:57 am

Post by Black »

Can one of the townies on BlackStar's wagon unvote? Just temporarily. If Annie is scum here then he's gearing up to vote there and BlackStar will just hammer and end the day short
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:58 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1762, Black wrote: Can one of the townies on BlackStar's wagon unvote? Just temporarily. If Annie is scum here then he's gearing up to vote there and BlackStar will just hammer and end the day short
UNVOTE: BlackStar
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:58 am

Post by Enchant »

Didn't you call me aligned with BlackStar though.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:58 am

Post by usesPython »

What's the votecount btw?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:00 am

Post by Black »

In post 1764, Enchant wrote: Didn't you call me aligned with BlackStar though.
You could be. In a recent post I said you might be town though. I don't like the way Naerys is playing this so I think she fits the solve more
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:00 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1762, Black wrote: Can one of the townies on BlackStar's wagon unvote? Just temporarily. If Annie is scum here then he's gearing up to vote there and BlackStar will just hammer and end the day short
Do you think I’m a partner with BlackStar?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:02 am

Post by Black »

In post 1767, AnimatedWiz wrote:
I think you could be yeah. I'm less confident in this than OWER/Naerys but I don't want to risk it

Are you planning on voting for BlackStar?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:05 am

Post by BlackStar »

VOTE: usesPython

The simplest explanation for the lack of a night kill on N2 seems to be that Smiley really is the jailkeeper and you're scum
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:07 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1768, Black wrote:
In post 1767, AnimatedWiz wrote:
I think you could be yeah. I'm less confident in this than OWER/Naerys but I don't want to risk it

Are you planning on voting for BlackStar?
No, honestly. I don’t want D3 to end quickly, and I also feel like other slots have a better reasons behind them—the OWER/Roden partner dynamic is more convincing for me right now.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:07 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1769, BlackStar wrote: VOTE: usesPython

The simplest explanation for the lack of a night kill on N2 seems to be that Smiley really is the jailkeeper and you're scum
In post 1745, usesPython wrote: If you make it that blatant that he's getting limmed today he's gonna keep quiet lol
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:07 am

Post by Black »

This feels more like a survival vote than an actual solve considering python was your top TR for most of the game
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:08 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1772, Black wrote:

This feels more like a survival vote than an actual solve considering python was your top TR for most of the game
My top town read was thestatusquo or theholdsteady
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:10 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1734, BlackStar wrote: This was the reads list I made when D2 ended, but I need to reread all the stuff from this day to see where I stand now

Town

Thestatusquo
usesPython
Enchant

Town Lean

Black

Null

TheHoldSteady
Roden

Scum Lean

OutworldER
Naerys

Scum

Smiley
AnimatedWiz
In post 1773, BlackStar wrote: My top town read was thestatusquo or theholdsteady
:thinking:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”