Open 889 | Secrets of the Anuket Topaz | fin.

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:50 am

Post by Prism »

The only other Day 2 leave candidates in retrospect were imaginality and maybe Dragons.

Camel had myself and jjh hounding him, and you lost your townread on him Day 2. He lost his biggest defender with Titus flipping.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:09 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 4224, gob wrote:
In post 4219, jjh927 wrote:
In post 4211, gob wrote: Here is the thing, wouldn't Ydrasse have left before camel?

She had quite a bit of heat Day 1.
Ydrasse had quite a bit of heat day 1. . . from Titus. Imag and andres were also there.
Day 2, the day on which the scum left, Ydrasse got no heat whatsoever, and she was already on the Titus wagon when Camel decided to leave.
Most of Ydrasse’s heat day 1 was from inactive players who changed their vote at the end. Day 2 she got heat in the beginning but i spoke a lot of it down. It was in the beginning though
Unless I am misunderstanding you here, isn't this basically what I am saying and the exact reasoning for why Ydrasse would not leave before camel?
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:11 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 4223, Prism wrote: I've been on 3 of 3 town eliminations so far. My perception of the game is obviously trustworthy.
I made a deal with Shirou though and I am trustworthy

If you'd rather I don't just follow you then you must formally release me from my pact
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:21 am

Post by jjh927 »

That being said I do want to try to sell you on Ydra
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:24 am

Post by Ydrasse »

why exactly am i a wolf again
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Ydrasse »

like i’m asking in a snarky way but also genuinely what makes everyone else clearer in your eyes
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:10 am

Post by gob »

In post 4226, jjh927 wrote:
In post 4224, gob wrote:
In post 4219, jjh927 wrote:
In post 4211, gob wrote: Here is the thing, wouldn't Ydrasse have left before camel?

She had quite a bit of heat Day 1.
Ydrasse had quite a bit of heat day 1. . . from Titus. Imag and andres were also there.
Day 2, the day on which the scum left, Ydrasse got no heat whatsoever, and she was already on the Titus wagon when Camel decided to leave.
Most of Ydrasse’s heat day 1 was from inactive players who changed their vote at the end. Day 2 she got heat in the beginning but i spoke a lot of it down. It was in the beginning though
Unless I am misunderstanding you here, isn't this basically what I am saying and the exact reasoning for why Ydrasse would not leave before camel?
I just dont feel camel got mor heat than Ydrasse earlier. I see what youre saying though.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:11 am

Post by gob »

In post 4229, Ydrasse wrote: why exactly am i a wolf again
Why are you not a wolf? Lets start there.

You could elab your voting reasons for each vote
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:54 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i think my reasons are p clear for most though i don’t vote a lot

i voted dragons earlier to help a wagon
i thought patchwork was doing some basic wolfy things and that vote was solidified by titus making some real interesting choices to the point of absurdity
in the middle of that i voted imaginality because i felt that if titus was town they were trying to make me and titus a dichotomy which maybe is worth revisiting now
went back to titus
voted andres because i didn’t think he was towny until he started being really stubborn and i voted dragons because i didn’t know where else to go but i didn’t want andres
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:47 am

Post by jjh927 »

I do feel like your votes plausibly check out but I think it's within your existing scumrange. I did a bit of metadive and I wouldn't really expect you to make a lot of votes as either alignment, just in the last day phase I was mainly looking at ruling out possible partnerships and you basically couldn't be ruled out with most of the game

Now we're at a point where I have ruled out everyone other than you as a fire partner. Essentially, it's poe
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:15 am

Post by Ydrasse »

okay i understand that you’re ruling people out but why. and furthermore what have i done that’s wolfy this game? if it’s me you should be able to case me

because as it is “poe lol” at this point of the game is like, really lazy solving and frustrating for me when i know i’m town and you’re not offering me a way to dialogue with you about the reasons you suspect me when fmpov they don’t… currently exist?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:16 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i don’t think i’ve ever been as lost in a game as i have this one which is a very unique experience. and it sucks
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:11 am

Post by Prism »

In post 4236, Ydrasse wrote: i don’t think i’ve ever been as lost in a game as i have this one which is a very unique experience. and it sucks
It's times like these when I smoke a cigarette and think back on Undetale 2 and Chara's Folly
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:41 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 4236, Ydrasse wrote: i don’t think i’ve ever been as lost in a game as i have this one which is a very unique experience. and it sucks
Qft.

I don't think it's Ydrasse.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:03 am

Post by gob »

In post 4238, imaginality wrote:
Qft.

I don't think it's Ydrasse.
If its not Ydrasse then its you or JJH.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:52 pm

Post by gob »

Seems nobody has cared and is wiping their hands of this game. Everyone its not over, we’ve been here 1 month finish it out strong
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by Prism »

While I know that is broadly targeted to the entire table, I will reiterate that I was ill and will be around tomorrow.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by Prism »

I was hoping that other players would take more initiative in my absence, but I'm very used to it.

Maybe if I played chicken and waited until the 24 hour mark I could get something more, but I won't.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:25 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 4242, Prism wrote: I was hoping that other players would take more initiative in my absence, but I'm very used to it.
:pensive: I read through the first 35 pages again
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:39 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 207, Ydrasse wrote: hello
i am here

i dont think snivy should be town for efforts but idk. i have wavered on this in my head, where i have been posting instead of this thread.
i feel some kind of way about someone arriving and inserting themselves into the game in a way that is like: "im scum with these people"
and then when asked if he's played w those people before there's deflection

i asked if he had because i think if he just said no i would have given a townread because a wolf would imo be more self conscious in saying stuff like that with strangers
but instead i dont get why theres just another joke its v weird to me
idk if he is wolf trying to integrate with vibes or town, who naturally just has vibes
I read through another ydra scumgame and again, I'm pretty sure that she's town
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 1024, Ydrasse wrote: gob firebringer jjh927
save the dragons andresvmb
prism shirou t3
alisae snivy
titus imaginality

if this is wrong it's probably like dragons or alisae somewhere in the middle tiers?
Same here
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by gob »

It’s definitely Ydrasse here
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Prism »

Again those posts look pretty standard to me, but I'd prefer to do more than just shoot you down.

I'd rather reframe it to ask does anyone else have interactions with flipped scum that are
worse than Ydrasse's
to you?

From memory my only candidates for that are Dragons/imaginality, and these are easily chalked up to their posting frequency/density.

[Note: I am not taking a stance on Ydrasse right now, I am revisiting all of my townreads one-by-one but only got through gob before falling ill.]
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:51 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 4247, Prism wrote: I'd rather reframe it to ask does anyone else have interactions with flipped scum that are worse than Ydrasse's to you?
Haven't looked
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:48 pm

Post by T3 »

viewtopic.php?t=90137 in this game (ydra's most recent scumgame that is a normal game with normal mechanics that went in a normal way ie. not swinger's hall) she treats her partners (pooky and skitter) completely differently than she treats Fire and camel this game

For all intents and purposes her partners just don't exist. She gives an early hedge-y read on Pooky but she revises that read a few posts later to say that actually Pooky is town. While this might look similar to how she treated camel in this game, in this game she still gave herself room to push and continue suspecting camel which is not what she did with Pooky - she ignored Pooky for the rest of the game except when directly addressed. This starkly contrasted with her treatment of other slots in similar positions like Dannflor. As for skitter, ydra ignored her the entire game until she faked a PR result on her. When I ctrl-F'ed "skitter" in her ISO I got 11 results, 9 of which were from quotes. Skitter and Pooky are both in the nulltown portion of her readlist for virtually the entire game.

Of course, this starkly contrasts with how ydra treats camel:
Spoiler:
In post 53, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 41, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 39, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 37, camelCasedSnivy wrote: im masons with firebringer and shirou
have u ever played w them before?
i think i played with them in open 889 when we got a collective scum victory together
Can i have a real answer to this btw
In post 1946, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1943, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 1938, Ydrasse wrote: i don’t think imaginality is solving which is why i’m voting them but i don’t think that’s the post you want to use to prove someone’s solving
fine

then ill say titus is voicing her thoughts more publicly than imaginality
okay, what do you like abt those thoughts?
In post 1954, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1953, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 1946, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1943, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 1938, Ydrasse wrote: i don’t think imaginality is solving which is why i’m voting them but i don’t think that’s the post you want to use to prove someone’s solving
fine

then ill say titus is voicing her thoughts more publicly than imaginality
okay, what do you like abt those thoughts?
i don't think scum!titus would be that public about it

stop damn posting
why
In post 1963, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1959, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 1954, Ydrasse wrote:why
more flexibility
okay
fundamentally i disagree with you because i think that while it is nice as a wolf to be able to do as you want sometimes it’s not optional to do what you want in order to live
my interpretation of her play in a nutshell is that she took a slot that was suspected partially due to inactivity. she kicks it up immediately with her opening and doubles down on certain reads which she’s mostly kept throughout the entire game
i’m going to argue to you that she is wolf because she is inflexible; i think that if she was town, i think that she would have come to more conclusions post flip. she’d be more interested in actual content than, fmpov, fighting and fearmongering and trying to broker deals. i feel like the fights she’s getting in now with shirou are like… not actually things rooted to content in the game in a way that matters. they’re a way to push a wagon through under some very flimsy prospects.

i’d appreciate it if you’d reread even part of her iso considering this because it’s very hard for me to see what she’s done in this game as towny

ydra also never talks about Firebringer this game but there was never much to talk about wrt to him, and in the end, instead of hedging on him, she's his top townread for most of the game. This is the exact same as how she treats jjh. She never talks about him, never provides reads on him, and eventually has jjh as her 2nd-best townread.

I guess obviously pooky and skitter are obviously much better at scum than camel and probably Firebringer, and the way that ydra engaged with camel could have been intended to get him into the game and not be constant limbait, but again, I really do not think that scum!ydra would go ahead and half-bus camel while also trying to engage with him and find his alignment. Nor do I think that scum!ydra would go ahead and have scum!Firebringer as her top townread with no explanation.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”