Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:08 am

Post by usesPython »

Like if you didn't claim Macho D2 you'd probably have an argument that Jailkeeper should be considered but when there's already an implied Doctor and with Watcher pulling double duty as a protective role worrying about Jailkeeper doesn't seem like something we'd do here
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:11 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1524, usesPython wrote: Black can be left alone until massclaim I think since Macho implies the existence of like Doctor or Jailkeeper (Probably not Jailkeeper since you wouldn't need to make the Watcher Macho to make the setup work in that case) or something
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:12 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I’m more partial to eliminating BlackStar before UsesPython—I understand the suspicion of their spot, but his claim and the way he’s responded to the pressure is far more scummy to me. I think you might be getting distracted by a new scumread and forgetting your stronger one, Black.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Black »

Python this is the exact same thing you did in Fire & Ice. You're really good at trying to convince people you're not scum by saying you wouldn't do things if you were scum in those positions
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Black »

In post 1927, AnimatedWiz wrote: I’m more partial to eliminating BlackStar before UsesPython—I understand the suspicion of their spot, but his claim and the way he’s responded to the pressure is far more scummy to me. I think you might be getting distracted by a new scumread and forgetting your stronger one, Black.
I scumread python more than BlackStar at the end of D2. It was the night results that made me think either Smiley/BS were scum, and then that changed the more I think about it

I'm still not sure which of the two it is but I'd rather fade python first
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1846, Black wrote:
In post 1602, Roden wrote: Unless Black has a guilty result, I don't have a problem getting voted out today. The PoE is too small for scum to win at this point.
What was the point of posting this? You weren't even being considered for the chopping block
Because the game is kind of just over now. A Blackstar red flip puts us too far ahead for scum to win. There isn't really a point in trying to argue who should go out first.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:16 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1928, Black wrote: Python this is the exact same thing you did in Fire & Ice. You're really good at trying to convince people you're not scum by saying you wouldn't do things if you were scum in those positions
There's a difference between "If we were scum we'd be sheeping instead of starting a new wagon" in FaI and "If we were scum we'd have to deliberately make suboptimal night actions and then also not get stopped by the rest of the scumteam" that you're implying here
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:20 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1927, AnimatedWiz wrote: I’m more partial to eliminating BlackStar before UsesPython—I understand the suspicion of their spot,
but his claim and the way he’s responded to the pressure is far more scummy to me.
I think you might be getting distracted by a new scumread and forgetting your stronger one, Black.
Elaborate
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:22 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1930, Roden wrote:
In post 1602, Roden wrote: Unless Black has a guilty result, I don't have a problem getting voted out today. The PoE is too small for scum to win at this point.
What was the point of posting this? You weren't even being considered for the chopping block
Because the game is kind of just over now. A Blackstar red flip puts us too far ahead for scum to win. There isn't really a point in trying to argue who should go out first.
It looks like you posted that before I claimed though
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:23 am

Post by Black »

That's not why you posted that
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:31 am

Post by Black »

In post 1931, usesPython wrote:
In post 1928, Black wrote: Python this is the exact same thing you did in Fire & Ice. You're really good at trying to convince people you're not scum by saying you wouldn't do things if you were scum in those positions
There's a difference between "If we were scum we'd be sheeping instead of starting a new wagon" in FaI and "If we were scum we'd have to deliberately make suboptimal night actions and then also not get stopped by the rest of the scumteam" that you're implying here
Can you explain why the night actions would be suboptimal in a world where OWER is a Mafia Ascetic or Commuter?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Roden »

Sorry, I didn't realize you had mind-reading powers
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:35 am

Post by Roden »

Like what are y'all even doing right now
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:37 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1935, Black wrote:
Can you explain why the night actions would be suboptimal in a world where OWER is a Mafia Ascetic or Commuter?
Commuter doesn't make sense in the setup and if OWER is Ascetic then that's even more reason to have then do the kill
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:39 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1932, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1927, AnimatedWiz wrote: I’m more partial to eliminating BlackStar before UsesPython—I understand the suspicion of their spot,
but his claim and the way he’s responded to the pressure is far more scummy to me.
I think you might be getting distracted by a new scumread and forgetting your stronger one, Black.
Elaborate
I explained some in , but I’ll share more.

In , when asked to share a readslist you gave one from the end of D2, and said you’d catch up and give a new one. Soon after, you say that you’re not really able to use the mech talk and how people respond to it to formulate reads, essentially absolving yourself of having to give a new readslist.

You’ve also been a bit quieter than in our last game, as Black mentioned in —as if you’re trying to squeak by as our attention gets pulled elsewhere. I feel like Python’s far more active and trying to solve—both defending themselves and giving their alternate ideas. Out of the two most likely possibilities for the lack of nightkill (Python was jailed while attempting to NK, or you attempted to NK a jailed Python), it feels far likelier that you’re the scum.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:41 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1938, usesPython wrote: Commuter doesn't make sense in the setup and if OWER is Ascetic then that's even more reason to have then do the kill
This is a good point—I think that if there was a Mafia Ascetic, they would be chosen to kill due to you claiming Watcher, Black.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:42 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1938, usesPython wrote: Commuter doesn't make sense in the setup and if OWER is Ascetic then that's even more reason to have then do the kill
To be specific, Mafia Commuter is extremely rare (as in the last two Normal games to have one were from 2020 and 2018) and also does nothing to address any town roles other than the Vig shot
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:43 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1937, Roden wrote: Like what are y'all even doing right now
We’re trying to figure out mech, mostly—have any insights?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:43 am

Post by Black »

In post 1938, usesPython wrote:
Commuter doesn't make sense in the setup and if OWER is Ascetic then that's even more reason to have then do the kill
In post 1940, AnimatedWiz wrote:
This is a good point—I think that if there was a Mafia Ascetic, they would be chosen to kill due to you claiming Watcher, Black.
According to the wiki, Ascetic can be designed in a way where they lose their ability if they make the hit. Why are both of you assuming this can't be the case here?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:45 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1943, Black wrote:
In post 1938, usesPython wrote:
In post 1940, AnimatedWiz wrote:
According to the wiki, Ascetic can be designed in a way where they lose their ability if they make the hit. Why are both of you assuming this can't be the case here?
Read the setup, mafia have inherent multitasking so they'd keep Ascetic while making the kill
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:46 am

Post by usesPython »

Also the Variations tab in wiki pages only applies to non-Normals, for Normals you want to be reading the part that says Normal version
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:48 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1933, BlackStar wrote: It looks like you posted that before I claimed though
In post 1934, Black wrote:
That's not why you posted that
In post 1936, Roden wrote: Sorry, I didn't realize you had mind-reading powers
You don't need to be a mind reader go see that your response doesn't really make sense. The game wasn't "over" when you made that first post, so your rationale for making it must have been different
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Black »

Fine

VOTE: BlackStar

If python is yet again on a mislim can we please fade them tomorrow?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1942, AnimatedWiz wrote:
There have been no kills for the past two nights

Night 1: THS Vig'd Shea, Smiley JK'd Shea

Night 2: Smiley JK'd Python

Python has claimed 1-shot BP

What do you think it means in a world where Blackstar flips red and Python is confirmed as town
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:53 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1948, Roden wrote:
In post 1942, AnimatedWiz wrote:
There have been no kills for the past two nights

Night 1: THS Vig'd Shea, Smiley JK'd Shea

Night 2: Smiley JK'd Python

Python has claimed 1-shot BP

What do you think it means in a world where Blackstar flips red and Python is confirmed as town
Smiley JK'd THS not Shea

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”