Open 889 | Secrets of the Anuket Topaz | fin.

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:57 am

Post by Prism »

Divide & Conquer suffices. Iceland is good material but superfluous.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:59 am

Post by Prism »

I could defend myself and beat T3 into submission but I won't. I don't think playing defense right now will get us anywhere.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:01 am

Post by Prism »

I'll also concede that this would be a very routine and unnotable game for me as either alignment.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:03 am

Post by T3 »

In post 4298, T3 wrote:
In post 4291, jjh927 wrote:
In post 4288, T3 wrote:
In post 4258, jjh927 wrote: T3, if it's not Ydra, then who is it?
My choice after ydra would be Prism, but I'd need to read more.
It's not prism, so who is it
It's Prism
It's probably not Prism. idk
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:05 am

Post by Prism »

Maybe it is. Are you really so uninterested in finding out?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:22 am

Post by T3 »

In post 4304, Prism wrote: Maybe it is. Are you really so uninterested in finding out?
I am interested in finding out and that is why I have read to page 42
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:30 am

Post by Prism »

In post 4294, jjh927 wrote:Maybe I should actually meta Prism given I've done so with everyone else in this game but I
just feel like the level of effort to justify his reads has been so far above and beyond what most mafia players are capable of
and actually metaing Prism would probably require me to read at least one entire game rather than just prism's iso
If that's the primary reason then you don't even have to read the games. It's NAI. Not once in this entire game would I have pushed myself even slightly out of my scum comfort zone.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:09 am

Post by jjh927 »

It's more that you 'd have to put in a lot more effort to consciously do things that a town play would do unconsciously in a way that meshes with the gamestate
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:11 am

Post by jjh927 »

I can't take your word on it because you don't necessarily know what I am looking for, although amusingly if I did then I would have to reconsider you right this moment
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:19 am

Post by Prism »

I am directly telling you that T3 is correct and your refusal to reconsider is in error, and is betting the game on luck.

I understand you think I have a strong interest, beyond my win condition, to play up my scumgame. Again, skimming D&C should be sufficient.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:20 am

Post by Prism »

I have multiple reasons to be candid about this that are to my win condition. The first is that you will struggle to understand both T3 and Ydrasse if you insist on staying oblivious.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:29 am

Post by gob »

Doesn’t seem too relevant
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:32 am

Post by Prism »

T3 has suggested it and Ydrasse has directly asked. It is obviously relevant. It is annoying to personally insist.

In contrast, many of your posts lording your grand mafia accomplishments have been tolerated, despite nobody asking or caring.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:35 am

Post by Prism »

Perhaps the idea that a town player might want more than a townread or personal recognition is novel to you. I assure you there are wider concerns.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:37 am

Post by Prism »

The first part of 4312 was enough. The rest was meanspirited. Sorry.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:25 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 4309, Prism wrote: I am directly telling you that T3 is correct and your refusal to reconsider is in error, and is betting the game on luck.

I understand you think I have a strong interest, beyond my win condition, to play up my scumgame. Again, skimming D&C should be sufficient.
What's the end result here? I decide that it's impossible to determine your alignment due to your impressive scumrange and then decide it's time to BOP you for being on the Alisae wagon, coaxing me off the Camel wagon, and hardpushing Andres into EOD?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:27 am

Post by T3 »

In post 4307, jjh927 wrote: It's more that you 'd have to put in a lot more effort to consciously do things that a town play would do unconsciously in a way that meshes with the gamestate
I don't know. I'm a lot better at engaging with the gamestate when I'm scum (see the scumgame I linked earlier), when I'm town I just go off and do my own thing to solve which is part of the reason why I'm scumread frequently as town. I think Prism has definitely been providing a lot of passive commentary but I don't think Prism has been all that in-tune with the gamestate.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:32 am

Post by Prism »

Again I view understanding the perspective of other players, particularly two you think are the likely scum candidates, as a worthwhile endgoal in itself, but suit yourself. I won't belabor the point further.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:34 am

Post by jjh927 »

I'm reading the games, I'm just wondering what you want me to try to place you on here

Because if I placed you on the results of your actions this game then you'd be scum
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Prism »

I think there are strongly AI points in my favor, but I'm not really interested in them at the moment. If you come out of the skim with your read intact, then that's fine.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:54 am

Post by Prism »

This isn't a Jeopardy! category titled "Good reasons to townread Prism", I'm not looking for an answer where if I am personally satisfied I will pay you on the back and mail you $100. My interests are more varied and open-ended.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:55 am

Post by Prism »

In any case I've been phoneposting, fear not T3 the substantive commentary will return soon.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:09 am

Post by Prism »

Alright, time is up. I'm healthy and I'm home. Let's get the party started.

I'm going to work through this methodically. I'm going to take each individual player and do a triple ISO with camel, Fire, and that player. I don't really care about the posts/interactions with town players right now. I'll probably do 2 or 3 slots today and more tomorrow.

After that, I'm going to sort them into buckets to further review as needed, and probably do a second round.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Prism »

Working through Ydrasse, but I'm really wondering about Firebringer and his intentional subversion of the "rule of 3" with names. More specifically, I'm wondering if he's overshot it and virtually always gives 3 town, but that's a question for a bit later.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Prism »

Overall, I lean town on Ydrasse. I'm going to assign a number from 1-10 where 1 is very scummy and 1 is very town so I can easily order players as I work through, and Ydrasse is at probably a 6 after looking through the interactions.
Spoiler: Curated quotes
In post 237, Firebringer wrote:
In post 207, Ydrasse wrote: hello
i am here

i dont think snivy should be town for efforts but idk. i have wavered on this in my head, where i have been posting instead of this thread.
i feel some kind of way about someone arriving and inserting themselves into the game in a way that is like: "im scum with these people"
and then when asked if he's played w those people before there's deflection

i asked if he had because i think if he just said no i would have given a townread because a wolf would imo be more self conscious in saying stuff like that with strangers
but instead i dont get why theres just another joke its v weird to me
idk if he is wolf trying to integrate with vibes or town, who naturally just has vibes
im trying to parse where ur at with this and all im getting is css has weird vibes. which i don't think i agree with
Interesting discussion if it's camel/Firebringer/Ydrasse. At first I thought this was strongly AI, but the strength of camel/Fire's interactions has made me downgrade it to that vague non-conclusive "interesting"
In post 238, Firebringer wrote:
In post 209, Ydrasse wrote: i do think t3 should be in town for now tho because the way he's responded to people has felt distinctly not-wolf to me
like the just "but why is this scummy" repeat etc etc feels town to me
(when he originally asked something to this effect i wanted to be like why me fry me vote blah blah but i think town now)
why u putting in so much effort early
In post 486, Firebringer wrote: i think ydrasse is way more actively involved in this game than i would say is usual for her.
but i lean town on her

this is my weak sauce surface level take right now
Pretty standard so far.
In post 800, Ydrasse wrote: i would feel marginally better about a camel vote than an alisae one but confidence is at a low
Very good individual Ydrasse post.
In post 809, Firebringer wrote:[
In post 801, Dannflor wrote: Alisae [3]: T3, Shirou, Save The Dragons
Ydrasse [2]: Andresvmb, imaginality
patchwork [2]: Firebringer, jjh927
Save The Dragons [1]: Ydrasse
camelCasedSnivy [1]: Prism
Prism [1]: camelCasedSnivy
Shirou [1]: Alisae
i don't like the alisae and ydrasse wagons.
I don't see why patchwork doesn't get more votes tbh.
In post 936, Firebringer wrote:
In post 929, Ydrasse wrote: hi * is the size of a pea *
hello, i want more ydrasse. where can i get more ydrasse?
These three are meh.
In post 965, Firebringer wrote:
In post 963, Shirou wrote: Even if Patchwork is scum, and I did mention he gave "newbie scum" vibes, I've no idea how someone can be more confident on those 10 posts or so from early game or rather than people actually playing the game right now

Unless you think Titus posting is bad but I haven't read that unless I missed it
I think titus vote on imaginality was bad, I think titus vote on ydrasse was slightly less bad in grand scheme of it being titus but yeah.

If im scum here and imaginality is town, thats 100% who i would be voting just because easy pushing.

and titus immediately went for it.

also as others said patchwork felt like disengaged scum
This one actually isn't here for Ydrasse, I just don't want to lose this one.
In post 1612, camelCasedSnivy wrote: also ydrasse is tl for the same reason firebringer is tl

i liked their beginning
Quite the bold post from camel if this is the team. I think this is a very strong town-Ydrasse indicator.
In post 1935, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 1752, Titus wrote: No.

jjh Ydrasse imaginality
here's a solve that i saw (admittedly i did iso her)

where is imaginality solving?
In post 1938, Ydrasse wrote: i don’t think imaginality is solving which is why i’m voting them but i don’t think that’s the post you want to use to prove someone’s solving
In post 1943, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 1938, Ydrasse wrote: i don’t think imaginality is solving which is why i’m voting them but i don’t think that’s the post you want to use to prove someone’s solving
fine

then ill say titus is voicing her thoughts more publicly than imaginality
In post 1963, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1959, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 1954, Ydrasse wrote:why
more flexibility
okay
fundamentally i disagree with you because i think that while it is nice as a wolf to be able to do as you want sometimes it’s not optional to do what you want in order to live
my interpretation of her play in a nutshell is that she took a slot that was suspected partially due to inactivity. she kicks it up immediately with her opening and doubles down on certain reads which she’s mostly kept throughout the entire game
i’m going to argue to you that she is wolf because she is inflexible; i think that if she was town, i think that she would have come to more conclusions post flip. she’d be more interested in actual content than, fmpov, fighting and fearmongering and trying to broker deals. i feel like the fights she’s getting in now with shirou are like… not actually things rooted to content in the game in a way that matters. they’re a way to push a wagon through under some very flimsy prospects.

i’d appreciate it if you’d reread even part of her iso considering this because it’s very hard for me to see what she’s done in this game as towny
I really, really like this entire back and forth. Ydrasse is pretty earnestly annoyed at Titus being off the table for camel, but it takes several posts for her to really lay it out. This really doesn't seem like she's just going through the motions.

The short takeaways:

1. Post 612 from camel seems pretty town-indicative for Ydrasse.
2. The extended back and forth with camel starting at post 1935 seems incredibly genuine, like Ydrasse is annoyed that camel is taking Titus off the table. I think this is very town-indicative.
3. There are a scattering of lesser interactions riddled throughout early/middlegame, but these seem in range for both parties.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”