BlackStar [4]:
OutWorldER, Roden, usesPython, Black
usesPython [2]:
TheHoldSteady, BlackStar
Roden [1]:
AnimatedWiz

Not Voting [4]:
SmileyDude1, Enchant, Thestatusquo, Naerys

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate. Day 3 ends in (expired on 2023-11-21 17:35:22).

Mod Notes:
:]
Last edited by Dannflor on Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

tbh there's probably a roleblocker so with this mislim we lose our clear
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 1958, Black wrote: If BlackStar flips town I think I'll be somewhat confident in Python/Annie/x

I don't like the way Annie is pushing for a Roden lim despite admitting that there's probably only two explanations for the lack of NK (python!scum or BS!scum)

It feels like he knows BS will flip town and he's trying to not be on the BS wagon with his scumbuddy(s)

I also think if I'm right about scum thinking they could misfade me if they keep me alive, Annie's behavior towards me fits the bill. He's casted doubt on my claim and moved me down a tier today

So yeah, if BS flips town then we can fade a red python, and then fade a red Annie after. If BS flips wolf then Python is locktown obviously and we can figure out what to make of Annie then
I agree
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1963, AnimatedWiz wrote: I’m voting Roden because I know that if I jump on the BlackStar wagon, it could cause the the day to end early. I also just still do not like the vibes of Roden’s posting—it feels like fluff and he’s actively pushing for BlackStar’s elim, which makes me hesitate on it. I know one of BlackStar and Python is scum, but I’d really rather not sacrifice a townie too if we don’t have to (AKA I’d like to get it right the first time).

And also, I feel like if I wanted to set up for an elim on you, I’d just be quicker and more direct about it—I feel like a lot of my turnarounds on people like BlackStar have been far faster and more obvious. And what benefit do I have to eliminating someone who considered me locktown? It’s way better for scum!me to just play as your lackey and let you consider me town while I try to guide you to miselimming other people.
It would be cool if your read on my slot could evolve at any point in this game
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1736, AnimatedWiz wrote: I could see BlackStar and Enchant as partners—how he reacted to their posts early in D2 felt really weird to me, but if that’s the case then I’m unsure of which of my scumreads would fit into that third slot—Roden’s slot has interacted with OWER far more suspiciously than with these other two, and I think that interaction speaks to Roden and OWER being partnered instead.
???

What suspicious interactions??
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by Roden »

I haven't even spoken to him, and we both think the other is scum...
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by Roden »

I straight up said I think OWER is scum for trying to force your elim through
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:09 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1979, Roden wrote:
In post 1736, AnimatedWiz wrote: I could see BlackStar and Enchant as partners—how he reacted to their posts early in D2 felt really weird to me, but if that’s the case then I’m unsure of which of my scumreads would fit into that third slot—Roden’s slot has interacted with OWER far more suspiciously than with these other two, and I think that interaction speaks to Roden and OWER being partnered instead.
???

What suspicious interactions??
I think I misspoke, and that’s on me. The way OWER hopped on my wagon made me suspicious—I feel like since then you’ve both kept a wide berth from each other, which is notable to me. You both are rather quiet though, so I suppose I can’t really prove it’s not just a factor of that, though.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1976, TheHoldSteady wrote: tbh there's probably a roleblocker so with this mislim we lose our clear
What do you mean?
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:13 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 1811, Naerys wrote: UNVOTE: BlackStar
actually starting to believe its better to go after those so called vanilla towns
I personally think it'd be best to sort within Python/Blackstar today. We're going to need to do so anyways at some point and I feel like unless there's someone that'd likely be the partner in both scenarios, its probs better to do it now rather then put it off later.
In post 1829, usesPython wrote:
In post 1827, Black wrote: Smiley mentioned waiting to fade until we plan out night actions. Do we think that's a good idea? I feel like it gives the Mafia more information but I want to hear what people smarter than me think
The only night actions still in play are a JOAT Doctor shot and a Lazy Jailkeeper, what is there to plan out?
Yeah, I think you do have a point there now that it's been laid out like that. There's not really enough power left to break the game open with, so I can agree that it's likely better to minimize info for mafia to plan with.
Friendly Neighborhood Scummer

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:32 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

Will say that i'm still in the camp of scum!Blackstar here.

For me it comes down to the scenario I think is more likely to have caused the blocked kill. I generally feel skeptical that a scum!Python commits the kill for mafia after drawing a lot of attention to themselves with the Hu Tao push at the end of previous day. Comparatively I feel like Blackstar, was more of an under the radar slot that was generally viewed positively by the player base at the end of day 2, and thus I can more easily see a scum!Blackstar performing the kill due to lower odds of being caught out by PRS. Utmost apologies to you Blackstar if i'm wrong here, but i'm going with my gut.

My main worry that's preventing my immediate vote is chancing the day ending while conversation seems to be going on. Conversation seems to be winding down so I'll probably bring Blackstar to E-1 or hammer after I get off of work tomorrow, unless there are any additional loose ends that need to be tied up before hand.

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:36 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 1985, SmileyDude1 wrote: -SNIP-
My main worry that's preventing my immediate vote is chancing the day ending while conversation seems to be going on. Conversation seems to be winding down so I'll probably bring Blackstar to E-1 or hammer after I get off of work tomorrow, unless there are any additional loose ends that need to be tied up before hand.
This would likely be in around 14-16 hours from the time of this post for context btw.

ADHD
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:18 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 1985, SmileyDude1 wrote: Will say that i'm still in the camp of scum!Blackstar here.

For me it comes down to the scenario I think is more likely to have caused the blocked kill. I generally feel skeptical that a scum!Python commits the kill for mafia after drawing a lot of attention to themselves with the Hu Tao push at the end of previous day. Comparatively I feel like Blackstar, was more of an under the radar slot that was generally viewed positively by the player base at the end of day 2, and thus I can more easily see a scum!Blackstar performing the kill due to lower odds of being caught out by PRS. Utmost apologies to you Blackstar if i'm wrong here, but i'm going with my gut.

idk i think we're all putting too much stock in who submitted the kill

its equally likely that scum python submits the kill to protect a partner, either because they were afraid of the heat on their slot after the hu tao push or because there are partners with more valuable powers

do you think python is genuinely playing to town wincon? how do you actually read the hu tao push?
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:23 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

I've been null to town on Roden for a while, honestly just not sending too strong of an agenda from them
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:25 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 1987, TheHoldSteady wrote: its equally likely that scum python submits the kill to protect a partner, either because they were afraid of the heat on their slot after the hu tao push
This logic fails when you realize there's 6 other people on the wagon with us including slots like Roden/Naerys/Enchant that're scumread as hell
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:36 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 1983, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 1976, TheHoldSteady wrote: tbh there's probably a roleblocker so with this mislim we lose our clear
What do you mean?
Smiley is.locktown to me because of making sense of the lack of night kills, but if we mislim a town bodyguard I can't protect him, I'd be the last protective role and id just get blocked again

Not that we should stake everything on that, it is what it is
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:08 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1987, TheHoldSteady wrote: its equally likely that scum python submits the kill to protect a partner because there are partners with more valuable powers
This also falls flat when you consider that we'd be focusing on avoiding Tracker/Watcher and for that doubling up on night actions to minimize the chances of getting hit by a Tracker is optimal because a tracked/watched Roleblock already is basically a red check
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:53 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1987, TheHoldSteady wrote: do you think python is genuinely playing to town wincon? how do you actually read the hu tao push?
This is pretty biased by knowing that Hu Tao flipped town unless you wanna say that you're also not playing to town wincon? We pushed them cause we thought they were scum and enough people agreed with our push afterwards to make it happen
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:10 am

Post by Enchant »

Hu Tao was likely town. Even then, it's not protown to save player who lurked whole game, then fakeclaimed doctor, starting damn claim cascade, for terrible reason.

If anything, leaving it without punishment shows that mafia can do anything and be forgiven.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:21 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 1987, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 1985, SmileyDude1 wrote: Will say that i'm still in the camp of scum!Blackstar here.

idk i think we're all putting too much stock in who submitted the kill

its equally likely that scum python submits the kill to protect a partner, either because they were afraid of the heat on their slot after the hu tao push or because there are partners with more valuable powers

do you think python is genuinely playing to town wincon? how do you actually read the hu tao push?
I feel like I can see town!Python's POV in electing to push Hu Tao in that position, it feels reasonable to me to pressure the retraction if you think it was caused due to softing a counter-claim. I also kind of think that Python did things that would be unnecessary or committal to do if scum in that spot. Hu Tao retracted the doctor claim before Python claimed BP, and I feel inclined to believe scum in that spot probs just elects to puah the retraction on its own rather than commit a role claim in that manner. I also am not sure that scum!Python would bother entertaining Hu Tao on performing analysis there instead of ust painting them as lock!Scum.

There are intricacies in how the push transpired that make me feel like a scum!Python would be boxing themselves in too much fpr it too be the casee.

I have to leave for work in a second will be back later.

ADHD
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:07 am

Post by Naerys »

Updated RL:
Solid Town: Smiley, Enchant, Anima
Leaning Town:Thestatusquo
Null:Black,Roden, THS
Leaning Scum:OWER,BlackStar
Solid Scum:Python
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:14 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1995, Naerys wrote: Updated RL:
If I could ask, why are Enchant and I so high for you?
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:24 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 1996, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 1995, Naerys wrote: Updated RL:
If I could ask, why are Enchant and I so high for you?
You are analyzing things that are happening - wagons, ppl arguing. I like to read your observations, they feel sensible and honest. Overall it feels like you are trying to solve the game.
Enchant is harder to explain. They are combining troll posts with serious posts.And in those serious posts they feel like they are trying to catch the scum. They feel like the town Enchant i played with.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:50 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

I'll do a close reread either tonight or tomorrow night and make a decision
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:10 am

Post by Enchant »

Mechanically i am against Python.

Reads wise i am against BlackJack.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”