Goon
Arko
He/They - Either
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They - Either

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:36 pm

Post by Arko »

Oh shit, I did just notice a typo. Yeah, I fucked that in the end of that post, it is the other way around.

But yes, besides that ONE typo I've been saying the same thing.
Insert an uncreative signature here. Maybe one day, maybe one day. Well at least it has colour.
Arko
Arko
He/They - Either
Goon
Arko
He/They - Either
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:43 pm

Post by Arko »

Anyways fuck it I've got a reads list to post.

Hu Tao - Town -
Same reasons. I want klick to say why they scumread this.
Thomith - Town -
Indirect read on Thom, mentioned directly in the post about black. Go there if you wanna learn why thom is likely town.
Testa - Possible Town -
Still like testa as much as the previous read post, but since they posted more, I have more confidence in it. Honestly can see putting it up to town later.
Kittie - Possible Town -
Generally no reason to suspect currently. Last post was good but not like, spectacular.
Naerys - Neutral -
I like naerys, definitely closer to town than scum. Problem is I don't have too much confidence and they haven't been really too active. still need a bit more time to decide, but what little there is I'm liking fine enough.
Gamma - Neutral -
I don't mind gamma, but hasn't really been pinging either town or scum sensors. felt like they went into the background, honestly. It's not that you haven't posted much, you've just faded in compared to the other people I've been seeing, talking more about... etc.
Klick - Neutral -
Generally needs to elaborate more. slightly disliked their predecessor, and I don't know what the actual fuck is going through klick right now. Please, please god elaborate with your thoughts
Black - SCUM -
No further elaboration. Full, entire post for this. Go read that.

scum is Black + one of Gamma, Klick, Or Naerys I presume. Other combinations possible, but less likely to me. If anything, I should try to look at black's patterns a bit- might confirm hu tao a bit more, because I think she might of pulled the same thing she did in the recent scum round and possibly even the newbie with someone else.
Insert an uncreative signature here. Maybe one day, maybe one day. Well at least it has colour.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:23 pm

Post by Klick »

Got a bit of time before work
In post 137, Arko wrote:3: Klick voting Hu Tao: Can I get some like, thoughts on this vote? you are probably the first person here to have something besides a town read, let alone having a scum read. Would also be nice to hear your thoughts on more than just Hu Tao though.
I feel like the townreads on Hu Tao are rather weak reasoning for how strongly they're being expressed
I see no real reason she couldn't be scum

Her posting feels... careful, is probably the best way to describe it? I feel like there's a deliberate effort to make her posts feel like accurate description and to put out a large amount of content
I'm not really feeling the belief behind those thoughts though
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:25 pm

Post by Klick »

This is why I like the vague slow-play more though, I give in and describe thoughts like those more accurately and then it comes out looking insane

I do think there's potentially something of merit in what I'm noticing though
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:29 pm

Post by Klick »

In terms of other reads, I think you and Naerys are pretty solidly town. I feel good about Thom too, the reaction test stuff felt very authentic and like he genuinely wanted to use it to get reads and content that he could parse.
I'm fairly happy with the Black wagon, I think there's potential for scum there but I don't really want to add momentum to it atm
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:29 pm

Post by Klick »

Goodbye
Arko
Arko
He/They - Either
Goon
Arko
He/They - Either
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:41 pm

Post by Arko »

Hmm you do have a point that it can be faked- but I'm definitely not looking there currently. It definitely is possible, and no you aren't insane. I'll probably look at it more like, Day 2 but I'm very, very set on getting black, the fuck out of here. But yes, I can see what you mean.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 147, Thomith wrote: Do you agree with it?
I don’t in the sense that I don’t have the same read rn but I could be swayed (I haven’t actually read the case in detail yet)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:46 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 151, Arko wrote: Anyways fuck it I've got a reads list to post.

Hu Tao - Town -
Thomith - Town -
Indirect read on Thom, mentioned directly in the post about black. Go there if you wanna learn why thom is likely town.
Testa - Possible Town -
Still like testa as much as the previous read post, but since they posted more, I have more confidence in it. Honestly can see putting it up to town later.
Kittie - Possible Town -
Generally no reason to suspect currently. Last post was good but not like, spectacular.
Naerys - Neutral -
I like naerys, definitely closer to town than scum. Problem is I don't have too much confidence and they haven't been really too active. still need a bit more time to decide, but what little there is I'm liking fine enough.
Gamma - Neutral -
I don't mind gamma, but hasn't really been pinging either town or scum sensors. felt like they went into the background, honestly. It's not that you haven't posted much, you've just faded in compared to the other people I've been seeing, talking more about... etc.
Klick - Neutral -
Generally needs to elaborate more. slightly disliked their predecessor, and I don't know what the actual fuck is going through klick right now. Please, please god elaborate with your thoughts
Black - SCUM -

scum is Black + one of Gamma, Klick, Or Naerys I presume. Other combinations possible, but less likely to me. If anything, I should try to look at black's patterns a bit- might confirm hu tao a bit more, because I think she might of pulled the same thing she did in the recent scum round and possibly even the newbie with someone else.
You're selling me on Black. I could see a Black + Gamma team. I think you're my first true townread so far.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:48 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 152, Klick wrote: Got a bit of time before work
In post 137, Arko wrote:3: Klick voting Hu Tao: Can I get some like, thoughts on this vote? you are probably the first person here to have something besides a town read, let alone having a scum read. Would also be nice to hear your thoughts on more than just Hu Tao though.
I feel like the townreads on Hu Tao are rather weak reasoning for how strongly they're being expressed

Her posting feels... careful, is probably the best way to describe it? I feel like there's a deliberate effort to make her posts feel like accurate description and to put out a large amount of content
How are my posts careful if I've been directly suspecting and analyzing posts?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:49 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 154, Klick wrote: In terms of other reads, I think you and Naerys are pretty solidly town. I feel good about Thom too, the reaction test stuff felt very authentic and like he genuinely wanted to use it to get reads and content that he could parse.
I'm fairly happy with the Black wagon, I think there's potential for scum there but I don't really want to add momentum to it atm
Can you explain the naerys read?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hu Tao stop being trash pls
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Like, you seem dead-set on me being scum for…pushing a new player to provide better content??? And you additionally seem to be giving that new player a pass for what exactly???

Like, I’m not gonna play with kid gloves on, those were thrown in the wood chipper after my last off-site game. I am not gonna just let bad play snowball because a player is newer.
<Embrace The Void>

Arko
Arko
He/They - Either
Goon
Arko
He/They - Either
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:02 am

Post by Arko »

I'm going to bed.

I kinda did the same thing the first like 1.5 days so I don't find it too bad but yeah they aren't really too active and would need to be a bit now. so fully neutral on that debate. if they don't add much tomorrow yeah the possi town ranking could go down. but I do have a small gut feeling in her being town.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:07 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

VC 1.06
Votecount 1.06

Black (3):
Testarossa, Naerys, Arko
Gamma Emerald (2):
Hu Tao, Kittiesecret
Thomith (1):
Black
Kittiesecret (1):
Gamma Emerald
Hu Tao (1):
Klick
Arko (1):
Thomith

Not Voting (0):

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an elimination.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2023-11-30 17:17:13).

Mod notes:
  • Use this link to find all mod posts, vote counts, etc.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:18 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 162, Gamma Emerald wrote: Like, you seem dead-set on me being scum for…pushing a new player to provide better content??? And you additionally seem to be giving that new player a pass for what exactly???

Like, I’m not gonna play with kid gloves on, those were thrown in the wood chipper after my last off-site game. I am not gonna just let bad play snowball because a player is newer.
I dont like the aggression in this post.I agree that bad play should not be tolerated, not even newbies. But pushing for their 3rd or 4th post? That feels as if you were a shark that has smellt their prey
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:10 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 134, Testarossa wrote:
In post 127, Thomith wrote: I feel good about Kittie for now I think. I like how they answered the questions - sure it had to be prompted, but I think there was a decent amount of analysis in them. I'm curious to see their answer to my first two questions though.
How so? Tbh her post felt pretty neutral to me. I would get it if that would be based on getting some vibes from that post, but I don't think she has said anything substantial?

Maybe I am just salty that there are so many scumreading Black, but are that ambigous about it because former games, which doesn't help. lol
Tbh to me I also thought it was weird that so many people were scumreading Black, but (at the point you made this post) not many people had voted her despite having her as a scumread... I'm going to leave it alone for now though, because it seems the game has moved past that now.

To me, Kittie reacted well to the questioning, and her thoughts seemed genuine and my gut is making me think she could be town after reading that post.
I want to see how she ends up responding to my first two questions before committing a read one way or the other (and of course, her responses to what has happened since).
In post 150, Arko wrote: Oh shit, I did just notice a typo. Yeah, I fucked that in the end of that post, it is the other way around.

But yes, besides that ONE typo I've been saying the same thing.
Fair enough, That's why I was so confused about how adamant you were because there was a clear discrepancy there :lol:
UNVOTE:

In post 152, Klick wrote: Got a bit of time before work

At the point in time where I first starting reading Hu Tao as town, they were questioning things in a way that seemed like they were trying to get my motivations, and help move the game forward, which I don't really feel like Scum is likely to do that early?
Could you elaborate when you say you don't feel belief behind their thoughts?

In post 158, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 151, Arko wrote: Anyways fuck it I've got a reads list to post.

Hu Tao - Town -
Thomith - Town -
Testa - Possible Town -
Kittie - Possible Town -
Naerys - Neutral -
Gamma - Neutral -
Klick - Neutral -
Black - SCUM -

You're selling me on Black. I could see a Black + Gamma team. I think you're my first true townread so far.
Why do you think a Black/Gamma scum team specifically could be possible? I haven't seen too much interactions between them that could insinuate that unless I've missed something?

In post 165, Naerys wrote:
In post 162, Gamma Emerald wrote: Like, you seem dead-set on me being scum for…pushing a new player to provide better content??? And you additionally seem to be giving that new player a pass for what exactly???

I dont like the aggression in this post.I agree that bad play should not be tolerated, not even newbies. But pushing for their 3rd or 4th post? That feels as if you were a shark that has smellt their prey
Do you think that aggression says anything about Gamma's alignment though? I feel like it's NAI most likely?

I'm going to properly read the Black case now.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:14 am

Post by Black »

Arko's case on me is hot garbage. It's based entirely on meta, and I'm not some formulaic robot that plays the exact same way every game. My play is more influenced by things like what is going on in a game and what is going on in my actual life than it is by my alignment. I think comparing my early game posting between my town and scum games is a really poor way to try and determine my alignment, and that's even more evident considering Arko's conclusion here

That being said I like Arko's posts after the case, specifically his thoughts on Klick/Hu Tao in . I'm getting the vibe that he's probably just tunneled town here. I think part of this read is influenced by Hu's response to the case. is really bad and makes her lose some town points imo. How is a case this bad selling her on scum!me? Feels more like she's trying to push the wagon along because she's fine with the mislim

I'm still not really sure about Thomith. I like Gamma's responses over the past couple of pages and I think she's probably town
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:20 am

Post by Black »

This just feels town to me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:23 am

Post by Black »

In post 91, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 86, Gamma Emerald wrote: VOTE: kittiesecret
I don’t like the narration-esque manner of writing or the lack of any tangible content. Doesn’t feel like she actually gives a damn to solve.
VOTE: gamma

Feels like pushing on a new person. They stated they were new, why not ask a specific question if you're worried she's not trying to solve?
In post 92, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 87, Thomith wrote:
In post 85, Kittiesecret wrote: Good evening!

I just finished catching up, and there was a lot of things said with out a lot of things being said.

I am new I only have one game under my belt. And I don't have any day one reads on any one yet.
Hey!

What do you think of Hu Tao's questioning of me?
What do you think of my responses to that questioning?
What do you think of how Black has been posting so far?
What do you think of Arko's read list? Do you agree?
This is the response I'd expect from gamma if she's town. I've seen gamma ask lots of questions before so I know she's capable, so she could be scum here
This case on gamma is just bad. Asking questions is like the easiest thing for scum to do so I'm not sure why gamma not asking questions is scum indicative

I'm starting to think Hu could definitely be scum here but I can't rule out bad/inaccurate town
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Black »

In post 156, Arko wrote: Hmm you do have a point that it can be faked- but I'm definitely not looking there currently. It definitely is possible, and no you aren't insane. I'll probably look at it more like, Day 2 but I'm very, very set on getting black, the fuck out of here. But yes, I can see what you mean.
Yeah this is probably just a really bad tunnel by Arko. The case is plagued by conf bias
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:32 am

Post by Black »

Happy Thanksgiving to all the American scummers! I'm gonna go stuff my face now :]
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:13 am

Post by Thomith »

Okay, read the black case.
The effort put in makes me feel better than I did about Arko.
To be honest, I've never hugely liked meta cases - I do kind of see the comparisons, but not sure I want to 100% commit to any kind of scum read on Black solely based off a meta case alone. I find it a little weird that from what I recall, a lot of the early suspicion on Black was purely because "she's playing like she did in other scum games", which I'm not sure how I feel about.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

UNVOTE:
<Embrace The Void>

Kittiesecret
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:37 am

Post by Kittiesecret »

Good afternoon,

Popping into skim on my lunch break. I have no where to be this evening. I'll be back later with my thoughts to date.

And Thom, I'll answer your other questions then too.
Always watching

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”