Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:45 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 161, Gamma Emerald wrote: Hu Tao stop being trash pls
In post 162, Gamma Emerald wrote: Like, you seem dead-set on me being scum for…pushing a new player to provide better content??? And you additionally seem to be giving that new player a pass for what exactly???

Like, I’m not gonna play with kid gloves on, those were thrown in the wood chipper after my last off-site game. I am not gonna just let bad play snowball because a player is newer.
:( I'm a sucker for ATE.

And yes, I know but just based on experience you seem the type to talk it out first. I could be wrong though
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:45 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 163, Arko wrote: I'm going to bed.

I kinda did the same thing the first like 1.5 days so I don't find it too bad but yeah they aren't really too active and would need to be a bit now. so fully neutral on that debate. if they don't add much tomorrow yeah the possi town ranking could go down. but I do have a small gut feeling in her being town.
Tbf I have a soft spot for newer players so it could be my fault.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:46 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 165, Naerys wrote:
In post 162, Gamma Emerald wrote: Like, you seem dead-set on me being scum for…pushing a new player to provide better content??? And you additionally seem to be giving that new player a pass for what exactly???

Like, I’m not gonna play with kid gloves on, those were thrown in the wood chipper after my last off-site game. I am not gonna just let bad play snowball because a player is newer.
I dont like the aggression in this post.I agree that bad play should not be tolerated, not even newbies. But pushing for their 3rd or 4th post? That feels as if you were a shark that has smellt their prey
That was my original interpretation too
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:49 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 167, Black wrote: Arko's case on me is hot garbage. It's based entirely on meta, and I'm not some formulaic robot that plays the exact same way every game. My play is more influenced by things like what is going on in a game and what is going on in my actual life than it is by my alignment. I think comparing my early game posting between my town and scum games is a really poor way to try and determine my alignment, and that's even more evident considering Arko's conclusion here

That being said I like Arko's posts after the case, specifically his thoughts on Klick/Hu Tao in . I'm getting the vibe that he's probably just tunneled town here. I think part of this read is influenced by Hu's response to the case. is really bad and makes her lose some town points imo. How is a case this bad selling her on scum!me? Feels more like she's trying to push the wagon along because she's fine with the mislim

I'm still not really sure about Thomith. I like Gamma's responses over the past couple of pages and I think she's probably town
Considering I'm not voting you currently and never expressed a town read on you. (In fact I've been more weary of your slot considering I've been asking people thoughts on your positions) why does that make me scummy? You already are E-2 why would it need my help to Elim you? This seems overly defensive for no reason
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:50 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 169, Black wrote:
In post 91, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 86, Gamma Emerald wrote: VOTE: kittiesecret
I don’t like the narration-esque manner of writing or the lack of any tangible content. Doesn’t feel like she actually gives a damn to solve.
VOTE: gamma

Feels like pushing on a new person. They stated they were new, why not ask a specific question if you're worried she's not trying to solve?
In post 92, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 87, Thomith wrote:
In post 85, Kittiesecret wrote: Good evening!

I just finished catching up, and there was a lot of things said with out a lot of things being said.

I am new I only have one game under my belt. And I don't have any day one reads on any one yet.
Hey!

What do you think of Hu Tao's questioning of me?
What do you think of my responses to that questioning?
What do you think of how Black has been posting so far?
What do you think of Arko's read list? Do you agree?
This is the response I'd expect from gamma if she's town. I've seen gamma ask lots of questions before so I know she's capable, so she could be scum here
This case on gamma is just bad. Asking questions is like the easiest thing for scum to do so I'm not sure why gamma not asking questions is scum indicative

I'm starting to think Hu could definitely be scum here but I can't rule out bad/inaccurate town
:lol:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:51 am

Post by Hu Tao »

UNVOTE: gamma
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:52 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 174, Kittiesecret wrote: Good afternoon,

Popping into skim on my lunch break. I have no where to be this evening. I'll be back later with my thoughts to date.

And Thom, I'll answer your other questions then too.
Looking forward to it ~
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:54 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I don't like Black's 180 on me. Seems like omgus. Unless they are known for being defensive in this way?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 175, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 161, Gamma Emerald wrote: Hu Tao stop being trash pls

:( I'm a sucker for ATE.

And yes, I know but just based on experience you seem the type to talk it out first. I could be wrong though
I think my mood this game is “shoot first ask questions later” because I think my way of getting your attention feels a bit like how I poked kittie
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:08 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

VC 1.07
Votecount 1.07

Black (3):
Testarossa, Naerys, Arko
Gamma Emerald (1):
Kittiesecret
Thomith (1):
Black
Hu Tao (1):
Klick

Not Voting (3):
Thomith, Gamma Emerald, Hu Tao

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an elimination.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2023-11-30 17:17:13).

Mod notes:
  • Use this link to find all mod posts, vote counts, etc.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Black »

In post 178, Hu Tao wrote: You already are E-2 why would it need my help to Elim you? This seems overly defensive for no reason
Oh my bad, I must have missed the memo where e-2 was suddenly enough to fade someone :lol:
In post 182, Hu Tao wrote: I don't like Black's 180 on me. Seems like omgus. Unless they are known for being defensive in this way?
I think I made it pretty clear that I don't think Arko's case should be convincing anyone that I'm scum, which is why your gives me major pause. I'm not sure why you interpret that as omgus when the progression is very transparent

Do you think being defensive is inherently scummy?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 172, Thomith wrote: Okay, read the black case.
The effort put in makes me feel better than I did about Arko.
To be honest, I've never hugely liked meta cases - I do kind of see the comparisons, but not sure I want to 100% commit to any kind of scum read on Black solely based off a meta case alone. I find it a little weird that from what I recall, a lot of the early suspicion on Black was purely because "she's playing like she did in other scum games", which I'm not sure how I feel about.
Ok I re-read through, and to be fair, the only two people that mentioned suspecting black for mainly meta reasons, or because of previous scum behavior, was Arko and Kittiesecret.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:43 am

Post by Black »

In post 186, Thomith wrote:
To be honest, I've never hugely liked meta cases - I do kind of see the comparisons, but not sure I want to 100% commit to any kind of scum read on Black solely based off a meta case alone. I find it a little weird that from what I recall, a lot of the early suspicion on Black was purely because "she's playing like she did in other scum games", which I'm not sure how I feel about.
Ok I re-read through, and to be fair, the only two people that mentioned suspecting black for mainly meta reasons, or because of previous scum behavior, was Arko and Kittiesecret.
What is your read on me?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:00 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 187, Black wrote:
In post 186, Thomith wrote:
What is your read on me?
I dislike that the Suspicion on you seems mostly on Meta, and that suspicion on you seemed to come quite quickly, but despite a lot of people suspecting you it took a while for anyone to commit to a vote.
I feel like you have responded to the suspicion well (Specifically in #98, #114 and #167), because it didn't feel like you were purely in defense mode, as you were asking questions, or otherwise furthering the narrative of the game to keep things moving.

Kind of unrelated to my read on you, but something I want to mention anyway, is I disagree with this:
In post 169, Black wrote: *SNIP*
This case on gamma is just bad. Asking questions is like the easiest thing for scum to do so I'm not sure why gamma not asking questions is scum indicative
While I understand your point, I think it definitely matters the type of questions that are asked, and even if you aren't asking questions, whether the comments you are making are working towards the solve or progressing the game. You can pressure someone for what you feel is "bad play", but if there is no way for them to really respond (or it's unclear), that feels a little anti-town to me.

I want to tentatively read you as town I think, but as I said early, there's just that little bit of paranoia that you were trying to pocket me in the first few pages, but I'm trying to view everything else objectively rather than basing my ideas off that, because I feel like I can't objectively pressure you or read you based off something that you aren't able to control :P
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 182, Hu Tao wrote: I don't like Black's 180 on me. Seems like omgus. Unless they are known for being defensive in this way?
Pretty sure that’s how she is. I know she got into it with Alisae in open 891 as town
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:18 am

Post by Black »

Yes I tend to get defensive as town but I don't think my read on Hu Tao was defensive at all

The fact that she described it as
overly
defensive is wild to me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:15 pm

Post by Testarossa »

So basically no one is really townreading Black, besides maybe Thom (if not for his paranoia), while some people seem to be vulturing above her, yet no one really wants to commit to push her to E-1 because... why?

At least I don't feel she is getting bussed here in a scum world. If town, it's a bit more difficult as I might need to review some reads.

Hu Tao's and ping me a bit in a negative way. Would still lean rather town, but it regressed at least. Might you explain what convinced you so much in Arko's meta case?

Also I don't think Black/Gamma is a team.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 146, Gamma Emerald wrote: I like the effort to case Black
Why does the effort means in this case that it comes from town?
In post 130, Gamma Emerald wrote: :igmeou:
I have issues with this post, I’ll get into those in a bit
Older post, but do you mind to tell what your issues have been? Also what changed that made you unvote Kittie?
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:19 pm

Post by Testarossa »

I like Arko more as town for now. Originally I slightly disliked his first readlist as all his reads left a window open with phrases like "could be faking it as scum", "this read is an easy changer", "it's 50/50" etc.

However I thought the fact that he loves to interpret so much in some whacky details, like the early rvs wagon on Black regarding his ORAM read as example, is more a thing that townies tend to do.

Don't think Arko/Black is SvS, for that his case seems too dedicated. However I can't really follow how he went from 50/50 of Black being scum to such a strong scumread or urge to go on an all-out metadive.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 192, Testarossa wrote:
In post 146, Gamma Emerald wrote: I like the effort to case Black
Why does the effort means in this case that it comes from town?
In post 130, Gamma Emerald wrote: :igmeou:
I have issues with this post, I’ll get into those in a bit
Older post, but do you mind to tell what your issues have been? Also what changed that made you unvote Kittie?
I only really had like one real issue I think, which is that kittie was saying she felt like Arko’s reads were valid despite being extremely tepid about taking a solid stance herself just before. I unvoted to give myself space to think, though.
Wrt the effort, it’s not a hard towntell without more to back it up but it feels like a real solving fervor.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 85, Kittiesecret wrote: Good evening!

I just finished catching up, and there was a lot of things said with out a lot of things being said.

I am new I only have one game under my belt. And I don't have any day one reads on any one yet.
In post 126, Kittiesecret wrote: What do you think of Arko's read list? Do you agree?

I feel this is accurate for page 4.
These do not line up imo
<Embrace The Void>

Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Arko »

3 things
1: Me going 50/50 to full scum: I actually had been analyzing this for the first time myself, so soon as I noticed it besides the general gutread and familiarity to the one game she was scum and I was town, it went from yeah null to HELL NO, NOT TOWN.

2: Black going from Hu Tao good to Hu Tao bad is definitely pinging off the ON/OFF behaviour sensor to me- one of the thing she does as scum. But Hu Tao didn't do necessarily great to me in the last few posts either. I'll look there later.

3: The thing about E-1: Yeah you are kinda right. I get why people are hesitant but considering the fact at one point we had 2/3 of the entire player list not liking black to just 1/3 voting them... yeah I get the point. still, likely just town hesitancy.
Insert an uncreative signature here. Maybe one day, maybe one day. Well at least it has colour. Now pink and bold :3
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Black »

In post 191, Testarossa wrote: So basically no one is really townreading Black, besides maybe Thom (if not for his paranoia), while some people seem to be vulturing above her, yet no one really wants to commit to push her to E-1 because... why?
I find it odd that you've kept your RVS vote on me and are now encouraging others to get me to e-1 despite you showing some suspicion over some of the people pushing me. Why do you think I'm scum here?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by Black »

In post 196, Arko wrote: 2: Black going from Hu Tao good to Hu Tao bad is definitely pinging off the ON/OFF behaviour sensor to me- one of the thing she does as scum. But Hu Tao didn't do necessarily great to me in the last few posts either. I'll look there later
Which is it? Am I confident in my reads as scum or not?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by Black »

Arko if you're town then you should seriously consider that you may be tunneled here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “Completed Micro Normal Games”