Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by Aliana »

In post 353, Altaria wrote: i would be down with an umlaut wagon btw. i think i want to lim within dragon and umlaut today
Still down to vote Umlaut?
I townread Aliana.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:45 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 375, Aliana wrote:
In post 353, Altaria wrote: i would be down with an umlaut wagon btw. i think i want to lim within dragon and umlaut today
Personally I will would prefer Dragon.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by T3 »

Day 1 VC 5:

DragonEater70 (4 [E-2]): Doctor Drew, Altaria, geraintm, Hu Tao
Umlaut (2): ssbm_Kyouko, Aliana
Altaria (1): gob
Doctor Drew (1): Umlaut

Not voting (2): Celebloki, DragonEater70

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2023-11-29 15:16:00).

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate and 5 to no eliminate.

MOD NOTES:
Last edited by T3 on Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altaria
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by Altaria »

In post 375, Aliana wrote:
i'm with drew...i would prefer dragon as well. it doesn't help that kyouko is on the umlaut wagon and i have a gut feeling she could be a dragon partner
It has a kind disposition, but if it's provoked, it will threaten opponents with shrill cries before attacking them without mercy
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by gob »

VOTE: DragonEater70
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:45 pm

Post by gob »

I am pretty nai on Umlaut. Dragoneater I feel over explains themselves too much. Which is a sign of mafia.

ACTUALLY WITH THIS SAID

UNVOTE: Dragoneater[/unote]

We should actually keep Dragon Eater alive and instead vote someone else. DragonEater can be shot at night or something.
But generally it's bad practice to vote off the obv-wolf Day 1, since it makes the other ones harder to catch.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by gob »

yeesh thats embarrassing.

UNVOTE: DragonEater
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:50 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 380, gob wrote: I am pretty nai on Umlaut. Dragoneater I feel over explains themselves too much. Which is a sign of mafia.

ACTUALLY WITH THIS SAID

We should actually keep Dragon Eater alive and instead vote someone else. DragonEater can be shot at night or something.
But generally it's bad practice to vote off the obv-wolf Day 1, since it makes the other ones harder to catch.
Are you literally saying that voting scum on D1 is a bad town strat??
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 362, Hu Tao wrote: I think we need a flip. This game seems ro be the same conversation in different ways to me.
It looks to me like plenty is happening. What's the hurry?

Also, why don't you think a Drew flip is possible when like half the game has scumread/voted him at some point?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 382, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 380, gob wrote: I am pretty nai on Umlaut. Dragoneater I feel over explains themselves too much. Which is a sign of mafia.

ACTUALLY WITH THIS SAID

^ what this guy said.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 383, Umlaut wrote:
In post 362, Hu Tao wrote: I think we need a flip. This game seems ro be the same conversation in different ways to me.
It looks to me like plenty is happening. What's the hurry?

Also, why don't you think a Drew flip is possible when like half the game has scumread/voted him at some point?
Sus post by you. Just because others scumread him, doesn't mean I have to be inclined to feel the same
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:21 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Sigh, I got my wires crossed and thought was you and not Kyouko.

So my question is actually for
@Kyouko
, why don't you think Drew is a possibility today? I know I'm the only one voting him right this second but he had a pretty sizeable wagon going, why not push for what you want with three days still on the clock?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:24 pm

Post by Umlaut »

@Kyouko
Also interested in your read on Dragon, looking through your ISO I see some commentary on other people's votes there but not much on Dragon himself.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:23 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 386, Umlaut wrote: Sigh, I got my wires crossed and thought was you and not Kyouko.

@Kyouko
, why don't you think Drew is a possibility today? I know I'm the only one voting him right this second but he had a pretty sizeable wagon going, why not push for what you want with three days still on the clock?
Well I've made my case on Drew and while it was convincing for some (you, maybe one other), I seem to recall other people acknowledging it and disagreeing with the conclusion, calling it more NAI than scum-indicative. Drew's wagon reached an apex of 4 (e-2) and when geraintm voted Dragon, bringing the wagons to a tie, I think is where the momentum stopped. I think if geraintm had voted the largest wagon on Drew and E-1ed him this day might have gone differently. Maybe that wasn't accidental by geraintm. Then we got an unvote from Dragon and the wagon at that point I think was definitely dead when it lost the vote from the player it was counter to. It doesn't help to have Celebloki not contributing at this point, but iirc one of the few things he did comment on is that he gets deja vu vibes from Drew vs Dragon from when Drew was Town and Dragon was scum. So at one point 8/10 players were voting for one of Drew/Dragon and people seemed firmly in one camp or the other. One of the two not voting those 2 was leaning more toward Dragon if push came to shove I think. So yeah, I don't think Drew is happening toDay.

I'm not pushing more for it now because I would just be repeating the same arguments that I've already made and I'm pretty sure everyone has read them and that's how we got the wagons to 4-4 in the first place. I don't think continuing to push Drew toDay will result in his flip so I'll focus my efforts elsewhere for toDay and we will have associatives to work with toMorrow.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:29 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 387, Umlaut wrote:
@Kyouko
Also interested in your read on Dragon, looking through your ISO I see some commentary on other people's votes there but not much on Dragon himself.
As for Dragon, nothing has pinged me so far and he is one of the more active posters (but it's not shitposting). I think he is probably town simply because he has been active and engaged, and if he is scum it is difficult to maintain that level of activity and engagement without getting caught.

I haven't looked into why people are voting for Dragon yet, as I've been more focused on Drew, but I know nobody has posted anything about Dragon that was persuasive enough to catch my eye while I have been playing from my phone.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 389, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
@Kyouko
As for Dragon, nothing has pinged me so far and he is one of the more active posters (but it's not shitposting). I think he is probably town simply because he has been active and engaged, and if he is scum it is difficult to maintain that level of activity and engagement without getting caught.

I haven't looked into why people are voting for Dragon yet, as I've been more focused on Drew, but I know nobody has posted anything about Dragon that was persuasive enough to catch my eye while I have been playing from my phone.
Well thanks for the subtle shade on me.

Why is someone town because they are active and engaged, and why is someone not town for shit posting?
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by gob »

ACTUALLY WITH THIS SAID

It depends on the setup, generally. The idea is that if you keep obv!maf alive to spew the other and anti-spew others.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:51 pm

Post by gob »

In post 388, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 386, Umlaut wrote: Sigh, I got my wires crossed and thought was you and not Kyouko.

@Kyouko
Well I've made my case on Drew and while it was convincing for some (you, maybe one other), I seem to recall other people acknowledging it and disagreeing with the conclusion, calling it more NAI than scum-indicative. Drew's wagon reached an apex of 4 (e-2) and when geraintm voted Dragon, bringing the wagons to a tie, I think is where the momentum stopped. I think if geraintm had voted the largest wagon on Drew and E-1ed him this day might have gone differently. Maybe that wasn't accidental by geraintm. Then we got an unvote from Dragon and the wagon at that point I think was definitely dead when it lost the vote from the player it was counter to. It doesn't help to have Celebloki not contributing at this point, but iirc one of the few things he did comment on is that he gets deja vu vibes from Drew vs Dragon from when Drew was Town and Dragon was scum. So at one point 8/10 players were voting for one of Drew/Dragon and people seemed firmly in one camp or the other. One of the two not voting those 2 was leaning more toward Dragon if push came to shove I think. So yeah, I don't think Drew is happening toDay.

I'm not pushing more for it now because I would just be repeating the same arguments that I've already made and I'm pretty sure everyone has read them and that's how we got the wagons to 4-4 in the first place. I don't think continuing to push Drew toDay will result in his flip so I'll focus my efforts elsewhere for toDay and we will have associatives to work with toMorrow.
3 sentences or less my friend.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 391, gob wrote:

ACTUALLY WITH THIS SAID

It depends on the setup, generally. The idea is that if you keep obv!maf alive to spew the other and anti-spew others.
I will disagree with this 100 times out of 100.
Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:59 pm

Post by Aliana »

In post 391, gob wrote:

ACTUALLY WITH THIS SAID

It also gives the obv!maf time to town it up and weasel their way out of the suspicions.
I townread Aliana.

Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Aliana »

I don't think anyone is obv!maf though.
I townread Aliana.

Altaria
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:04 pm

Post by Altaria »

In post 391, gob wrote:

ACTUALLY WITH THIS SAID

why do you think dragon is obvious scum from your pov
It has a kind disposition, but if it's provoked, it will threaten opponents with shrill cries before attacking them without mercy
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:08 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

I'm also starting to get sus of Gob but I'm not sure why.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 390, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 389, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
@Kyouko

Well thanks for the subtle shade on me.

Why is someone town because they are active and engaged, and why is someone not town for shit posting?
I didn't say either of those things, you are inferring a different meaning. Being active and engaged is
more likely
to come from town than scum in my experience. It is also my experience that scum can replicate this, but to do so consistently throughout a game is something that only the best scum players can do. Because of this, I choose not to push for D1 eliminations of players that are active but to me still feel nullish.

I mentioned shitposting because I was specifying that activity without content (shitposting) is not the type of activity of a nullish player that I will give a D1 pass to.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Altaria
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Altaria
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:33 pm

Post by Altaria »

In post 397, Hu Tao wrote: I'm also starting to get sus of Gob but I'm not sure why.
same but my read is based on the game of his i was reading the other day. he was scum with gamma and tried to act like he was ok limming them but he kept saying LAMIST stuff like "let's not hammer early" and "i think it's best we wait". i think if dragon flips scum then that could implicate gob somewhat but its not a sure thing

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”