orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:19 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Elect: roflcopter
- He's pretty much one of the only ones I've played with, so..yah. I played with Slysly too, but, rolf I've played with more.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:54 am

Post by orangepenguin »

I am not opposed to the rotating the list either. It seems like the most fair way to go about this, and as Mora pointed out, the chances of overthrow are higher day 1.

For now, I am keeping my elect on rolfcopter, until I have a reason not to. (i.e. we come up with a good strategy or plan to elect the dictators, like the rotating one)
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I take offense that you didn't say Ladies, Gentlemaen, and Exotic Animals. I am sure Monkeyman is half-offended as well.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Does Caligulaph always type so..polite?

unvote, vote: Caligulaph

I don't like how rofl insists on speeding things up and is already dead set on executing occam. Caligulaph seems like a pretty good choice at the moment. The feast sounds amazing, but there better be fish.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

SiestaGuru wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:Does Caligulaph always type so..polite?

unvote, vote: Caligulaph

I don't like how rofl insists on speeding things up and is already dead set on executing occam. Caligulaph seems like a pretty good choice at the moment. The feast sounds amazing, but there better be fish.
Are you trying to get him lynched or elected here?
*sigh*

unelect, elect: Caligulaph

:oops:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

SlySly wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
roflcopter wrote:sorry guys, but this game just isn't for me. i've requested replacement.
Scumtell? :?
It is definitely noteworthy.
I think rofl just legitamentally doesn't like this kind of format, I suppose, based on playing with him before. He's usually is very speedy, and perhaps a bit impatient, so I could understand why he wouldn't like this kind of mafia.

Sorry for killing the thread though.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:15 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Kind sir, are you post restricted or not? We ask because you type in a very formal fashion not normally exibited by our users, which you have done in each post.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Sorry, busy with the holidays and all of that..

quick post!

As for SlySly, I DID NOT! like how he tried to overthrow Caligigraph right after he was named Dictator. I thought that was really scummy, since he did it for his own selfish reasons.

Later, he claimed Doctor. I guess he bread crumbed, but I don't think that really indicates anything, other than he was planning on claiming soon. But for now, I guess I believe him, since there doesn't appear to be a counter claim from anyone, and it is day 1. Now, SlySly has flavor claimed already after Gorrad's request, so if he's lying, it probably will be countered. For now, I think he's town, but I don't think he's doing such a great job helping us, by claiming already at this point, but if he is the doctor, which I assume he is, then Cali should name him his successor, IMO.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Not sure what to think of the quick overthrow. On the one hand, I didn't really like the random selection of Jebus, but, thus far, they haven't really done anything yet worth overthrowing, IMO.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Jebus wrote:Gorrad, are you going to explain your post 225?
225 was a post by Caligulaph.

Unless you meant 224, which is just a link, which I agree, Gorrad needs to explain that.. :?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Korlash wrote:Hey Jebus... You said you're unable to Overthrow today... would you... care to prove it?
Oooo, interesting.

I would like to see that. If you are telling the truth, than you won't be able to overthrow. If you are lying..then it's up to the dice. :wink:

Sorry for the long _________ from posting. The site crashed..as everyone probably knows, but now we can get back into the swing of things.

I really don't understand why Der Hammer role makes him a better overthrower or whatever, but I do think it's kind of suspicious that someone apparently just happened to have their's stolen the same night. :?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:43 am

Post by orangepenguin »

The Thief is a pro-Town informative role that targets one player each night to 'steal' an 'item' related to that player's role. For example, if a Thief targets a Goon or a Vigilante, they are likely to obtain a gun.

The Moderator decides if the targeted player loses their ability after their 'item' has been 'stolen' by the Thief.

The Thief can be also considered to be a Flavor Cop.
Do you think there might be a thief among us? That would easily explain everything.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:43 am

Post by orangepenguin »

From the Wiki, BTW.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Korlash wrote:Stop the penguin consipracy?
Who told you-!?! :shock: Oh wait..nevermind.

:P

Welcome CarnCarn. As a veteran of Prisoner's Dilemma, you should fit in here fine.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:26 am

Post by orangepenguin »

CarnCarn wrote:
Korlash wrote:
Carn wrote:Role ability.
That doesn't say much...
It says everything. My character has that ability (increased overthrow chances).
Did you steal Jebus' ability to overthrow, as part of your ability? Or do you just have it automatically?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:28 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Interesting. Can't say I really like SG as the dictator, but as long as he abides by his rules, and agrees to go with the majority, I don't really see that big of an issue. Hopefully, like Jebus suggested, he abdicates to Moratorium tonight.

Korlash's last point makes a lot of sense. If they dictator does something pretty scummy, then they'll face the wrath from the town the day following that.

As for who we are executing, I'm fine with either Gorrad or monkeyman. They both have been scummy, but I am going to still look at other options, personally, and if I think somebody is equally, if not more scummy, I'll pipe up, but it seems like everyone is locked between those two, so I don't really want to jump on a wagon and call it a day. :|
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I don't want either of you as dictator. Hopefully, you both fail. This shall be ..interesting.

Just in case either of you wins..
overthrow
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I don't even know if Gorrad's overthrow attempt will count when MM's hasn't even occured. If I do become dictator though, I plan to follow through with Siesta's plan, and execute the person with the most "votes". Since most of the players here in this game believe that either MM, Gorrad, or both are definitely scummy, I don't think either should be dictator, especially considering they are only overthrowing to save themselves, which, if they're town, I guess is necessary, in some circumstances, but just the way it happened, with Monkeyman, and then Gorrad both attempting to overthrow Siesta, it just didn't sit well with me, so I decided to overthrow just in case one of them won, and that way, we can continue on with Siesta. If I do become dictator, I would definitely abdicate to someone else, if you guys believe someone else is more deserving or whatever the case may be, which I understand.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I am actually hoping all 3 of ours fails, and Siesta remains. Monkey is obviously (and has posted) that he will execute Gorrad. Gorrad will obviously execute Monkey. Given the success rate, I think one of us will become a dictator, so I doubt that will happen though.

Maybe it was stupid of me, but I know at least I can be objective and make the right choice, because I would listen to the majority. I don't think you can say the same about Monkey/Gorrad.

I was pretty indifferent with the two of them before, but seeing them both overthrow kind of set some alarm bells. It's likely that at least one of them is scum, if not both (which I really really doubt, unless they are super bussing), but there is also a possibility that they're both town, but given the weird vibes those overthrows set off, I don't think that is the case.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

monkeyman (4): siesta, gorrad, moratoriam. carncarn
gorrad(3): jebus, monkeyman, korlash

Not voting: Jazz

Here is the current "vote count". If your vote changed or something, please say something. Not sure if MM and Gorrad's votes should even count, since they would naturally vote for the opposing player. Of course, there are other players they could technically vote for if they wanted to, so if they did, they can.

So it appears that I am dictator. I will be executing the person with the most "support", going back to Siesta's original plan, which I felt was pretty much the fairest way for town to control the dictatorship.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

What I am saying is that with or without them, the vote count is basically the same. But I am keeping them, just cuz it doesn't really matter, and it lets them have a say, even though it does cancel them out.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Alright, so the deadline is near. Since I am afraid I won't be online in time, I will execute the person now. Right now, as it stands, Monkey is in the lead. I think Gorrad has been the calmer of the two anyways during this, so I will go with the town, and
execute: Monkeyman
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Oh, Day 3! This was so low on my watchlist, that I figured it was still night. Since Siesta is the second (I think, could be more) person to have their overthrow stolen, I believe we have a overthrow-stealing thief. Don't know what to think about whether or not that is a town role or a scum role. I believe CarnCarn is the thief though.

Gorrad definitely looks bad for today, as he did yesterday, but today, Korlash, who was for a Gorrad execution yesterday, is now dead. Not sure if this is a set-up to get me to execute Gorrad, or just plain stupidity on Gorrad's part. I am leaning heavily towards a Gorrad execution, especially with Monkey flipping town.

Before I act on it though, I really want the town to post though, since only Gorrad, Siesta, and Jazz has posted. The good news is that Jazz is back. Since they missed out on yesterday, I want to hear more from them and what they think of Gorrad, or if they think anyone else is scummy.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #23) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Gorrad (3) - (Siesta, Jebus, orangepenguin)

Not Voting (4) - (CarnCarn, Gorrad, Moratorium, Jazzmyn)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 (right?) to execute. Gorrad is currently at L-1.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:34 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Moratorium wrote:OP, please explain your motives not to use the secret police last night.
We're close to lylo, so I didn't want to be responsible for another miskill, since Monkey flipped town, so I just used my protection, and was just going to consult the town instead, and see what they thought since Monkey flipped town.

Since there seems to be a consensus on him, I will gladly
execute: Gorrad

Had I used the secret police, and killed Gorrad, that would make three people dead - Monkey being executed, Korlash being nightkilled, and Gorrad being secret policed killed. Had Gorrad flip town in that scenario, that would be three dead townies, and I thought it would be wiser to discuss it, instead of being rash about it.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I only executed so soon because you and everyone else has made it clear who you wanted to lynch and that me not using the secret police was a bad decision on my behalf. If everyone's mind is set on Gorrad, then I am not going to waste even more time by giving scum a chance to overthrow, which I think they already have attempted.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #26) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Oh, cool. I thought today was lylo, and feared when I saw "Game Over" that somebody overthrew me, and that we lost. This happens in all MM games.

Some thoughts:
- I thought we were able to poison every day, so day 2 IRL of the game, I decided to poison Cal, because he was considered pro-town, or whatever. SG and Gorrad had no idea..and thought it was a bad idea.
- I thought, if any of the 3 of us were going to make it to endgame, it was Gorrad, who I thought was the most protown. Guess not. LOL.
- I did NOT want to be dictator. I thought we were in a good position with Siesta. Monkeyman overthrew. I figured Gorrad wasn't going to get it, so I freaked out, and overthrew both of them. I decided to go by Siesta's rules, because I figured, hey, why not? It worked for him.
- We (Siesta + I) knew we had to sacrifice Gorrad. But we knew Monkey was going first, because if Gorrad flipped scum, Monkey would look good. I always planned to kill Gorrad the day after. I probably should've night copped him (not sure if I could or not), and then day executed CarnCarn...since he was scummy, in the way that he could steal.
- I was just going to execute right away today, just in case I was overthrew. It would've gone to night, and we would've won right away..

I am very pleased with the results. It worked out better than I expected. I was worried about Siesta, but when he became Dictator, I was really impressed.

:)
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Moratorium wrote:
Gorrad on qt board wrote: Alternately, it's possible to break this game. We use two kills tonight. Tomorrow, we stall for 48 hours- if one of us is overthrown, we get another of us to overthrow the overthrower. As soon as we can, we execute a townie. Any townie. From there? We win.
Pretty much what happenned.
I didn't like his plan. It seemed pretty reckless..lol. :oops:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”