Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:27 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 73, Kurtapika wrote: Again the town reading while possible, I would view it as less sensical to have to test waters before putting forward reads in the first place when playing as town. 41 mainly contributes to the feeling of Bella giving the appearance of bringing up discussion but not actually furthering it in this case, IMO, which scum can tend more towards doing as mentioned.

But on the flip side maybe its anxiety at not saying something, conscious as town you should be saying something and then when you read the thread you think, shit I don’t know what to say.. but reading further posts, no I don’t think it is a case of that. Bella's inputs seem measured. Take for example.
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:27 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

oops page top
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:28 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 76, ProjEctRy wrote: UNVOTE: Kurtapika

Im new to the game so struggling to get involved, but whilst weak my initial suspicions would be for T3.

I’ve found his posts to be the most defensive. Particularly .

I also don’t like . I don’t like that he answered for Asia, whilst saying not to answer for her. Asia has been prodding slightly at T3 and I’m conscious whether answering for her was almost doing her a favour to get her off his back. Almost a ‘look im on your side’.

This read could be completely off, but I’d be curious to know peoples thoughts.

I’m not seeing them as overly defensive, having never played in a game with T3 before then I have nothing to go on. What I do know is that regardless of alignment players can be defensive, but for different reasons. I have been told in previous games that scum will generally not wish to come over as defensive as they would stand out and don’t wish to do that. But then again there is a flip to that, maybe it would serve their purpose if they appeared overly defensive. I’m new to this but that’s what I understand at the moment.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:29 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

thanks T3..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:30 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

to , Outworld’s soft push on Project is peeking my interest. one to consider later maybe
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:30 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Nono in 94, I don’t see what you see with regard to T3. In fact its seems like a hurried list of things to do with no substance, why?
In post 141, Aisa wrote: I kinda think Titus is a little towny so far? I've definitely not read her wrong before
How do you get Titus as town on so little interaction? Even if you have a read on their meta?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:30 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 149, Dannflor wrote: I feel that T3's primary motivation in this game thus far has been to get people to town read him rather than to find scum or even genuinely push the game forward.

Ok, it is early doors though. But I see the point.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:31 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 154, Black wrote: 5. I guess I need one more to get on your level but unfortunately this game won't be it
are you sure ?? :D
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:32 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

So far I read Aisa and T3 as probably town in all honesty.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:41 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

wow, Jupiter, I missed your wall, which in itself is hard to believe, but I did. and I thought I was top of the content dumps list.

but there's not much content really... A little less conversation, a little more action, please.

not vibing with me

VOTE: Jupiter
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:43 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 160, Dannflor wrote: it can mostly be distilled to the fact that T3's espoused motivation for his opening posts was to "spark discussion," presumably to get the game going and find scum

basically all of his posts after that point was focused on self defense or other contentless questioning

I think T3 is capable of sparking discussion much more concretely and usefully as town which is why his claim of wanting to spark discussion reads as performative to me
All of his posts? you've played with T3 before?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:49 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 158, ProjEctRy wrote:
In post 148, Bellaphant wrote: VOTE: dannflor

Is there reasoning to this vote?

Also, I’ve noticed several people posting solely a vote without context or reasoning. Is that normal?

I thought we were out of RVS. The posts also don’t necessarily seem to be placeholder for reasoning to follow. Am I missing something?

its a thing here on this site. More so as I understand in the larger games where votes fall like confetti, without much explanation. Generally I think its to push for a reaction, but don't quote me on that.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:16 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Eh, I just really dislike the directions of their posts: it's very negative and feels quite agenda driven.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:52 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 137, Aisa wrote: One thing about Kurtapika's post is that as of this comment:
In post 60, Kurtapika wrote: I'm mainly in agreement with shaddowez on Aisa, no comment on the others for now.
The only thing shaddowez had said about me was this:
In post 55, shaddowez wrote:
Aisa
Why is T3's bad vs no comment on Bella's ?
And ehhh interesting that Kurtapika thought that was something worth voicing agreement with?

VOTE: Kurtapika
I don't completely dislike this wagon and I have nowhere better to put my vote, so
I hadn't searched my name in this thread yet and missed this on my readthrough - good catch, and something I want to look more into.

In post 143, Aisa wrote: ...snip....
OutworldER: all he's done so far is ask questions. Which is great! But I don't feel like it's enough to give someone a townread. I'd like to see how his reads evolve.
I had a similar feel for him...he mentions "vibes" for his reads so far, which isn't super helpful for convincing the rest of us why to/not to vote for somebody.

In post 180, Afrayed Knott wrote: Nono in 94, I don’t see what you see with regard to T3. In fact its seems like a hurried list of things to do with no substance, why?
In post 141, Aisa wrote: I kinda think Titus is a little towny so far? I've definitely not read her wrong before
How do you get Titus as town on so little interaction? Even if you have a read on their meta?
From my understanding, that little interaction
is
the reason for the meta based town read.
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:01 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 101, Black wrote: I agree with OWER's read on Jupiter in 86 and I like how inquisitive and engaged OWER feels
In post 150, Dannflor wrote: Jupiter and Project are both pretty towny too.
In post 141, Aisa wrote: - JupiterXV also has that one very towny post, but my estimate of their towniness goes down if they have mafia experience from other places
@Black
and
@Dann
- What about Jupiter is it you're seeing that's making you TR him?

@Aisa
- are you talking about ? Also, same question as above with the additional thought of does anything in sway you one way or the other?
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:08 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 145, OutWorldER wrote: why I felt Jupiter's post was townie and it was just, they seemed invested in a way where they were spewing things off the top of their head, even if it wasn't super useful.
1) Do you feel this is something that scum can't/wouldn't do?
2) Do you feel it's townier or scummier to wallpost with not-useful information?

In post 162, Kurtapika wrote: Jupiter's posts I would view as insubstantial but in more of a town playing devil's-advocate way than anything, personally, as that's what they've seemed to be doing so far in terms of providing perspectives to the existing arguments,
I'm a little more comfortable with this phrasing of it, but I don't read it as purely perspective - there's too many references to Bella's background/posting that make it feel more like they're trying to defend why
she
did it that way, not why they would have.
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:09 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 64, JupiterXV wrote: OK i gotta go now. bye gang i got some more stuff but business calls! see ya
What more did you have from stuff up to this point? Future posts only respond to posts after yours, not any thoughts prior to that.
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:16 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 76, ProjEctRy wrote: I also don’t like 63. I don’t like that he answered for Asia, whilst saying not to answer for her. Asia has been prodding slightly at T3 and I’m conscious whether answering for her was almost doing her a favour to get her off his back. Almost a ‘look im on your side’.

This read could be completely off, but I’d be curious to know peoples thoughts.
I'm not sure your reasoning here is on point, since that could have gone a completely different way if Aisa did have a different answer.
V/LA on Weekends
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:57 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I do feel it's riskier for scum to do that stream of consciousness thing, as there's more to point back to later and say 'but you said...'
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:38 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 172, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 52, Aisa wrote: Also, my impression of T3 as far as scum players go is that he enjoys the alignment and thrives off trying to look towny. I think he could definitely pull off the things you've listed as scum (and he's said so himself).

wait, what...... you are new to the game right?
I've been around the site fairly consistently since 2022... I would say I haven't quite reached "old fossil" status yet but I don't consider myself new
In post 188, shaddowez wrote:
In post 180, Afrayed Knott wrote: Nono in 94, I don’t see what you see with regard to T3. In fact its seems like a hurried list of things to do with no substance, why?
From my understanding, that little interaction
is
the reason for the meta based town read.
Yeah. As I've mentioned briefly, I get good vibes from Titus so far. It's a weak read, which is why I said
a little
towny.
In post 189, shaddowez wrote:
In post 141, Aisa wrote: - JupiterXV also has that one very towny post, but my estimate of their towniness goes down if they have mafia experience from other places
@Aisa
- are you talking about ? Also, same question as above with the additional thought of does anything in sway you one way or the other?
I am talking about post 69, yes. I also think post 159 is quite towny. Despite the fact we now know JupiterXV has previous experience, I am inclined to read them as town so far, partly because of the effort that went into post 159 and the fact it seems towny to me generally.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Aisa »

I might swap Titus out for Afrayed as my whimsical spur of the moment townread
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 160, Dannflor wrote:
In post 159, JupiterXV wrote: honestly it's pretty interesting considering how you view them as performative- could you explain more on that point? i think their straightforwardness reads as a bit more genuine to me imo. the lack of content is actually a bit of a red flag that i hadn't exactly noticed, though i suppose it could be excused by the fact that people have generally been pushing them for a handful of pages and maybe this is to be expected?
it can mostly be distilled to the fact that T3's espoused motivation for his opening posts was to "spark discussion," presumably to get the game going and find scum

basically all of his posts after that point was focused on self defense or other contentless questioning

I think T3 is capable of sparking discussion much more concretely and usefully as town which is why his claim of wanting to spark discussion reads as performative to me
I like this case and I'd be interested to see what T3 has to say about it
Alternatively if replying directly to Dann's case is boring I'd be interested in T3's reads so far

VOTE: T3 why not
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:50 am

Post by Black »

In post 188, shaddowez wrote: I had a similar feel for him...he mentions "vibes" for his reads so far, which isn't super helpful for convincing the rest of us why to/not to vote for somebody.
I wouldn't really expect much more from people so early in the game. I think it's good he's sharing his thoughts about people even if they are mostly just vibe reads
In post 189, shaddowez wrote: @Black and @Dann - What about Jupiter is it you're seeing that's making you TR him?
It's more of a gut feeling that he's probably just newtown spewing whatever thoughts come to his mind. It doesn't feel like there is much of an agenda there. I feel like newscum would be more hesitant to say so much and be this involved this early but I could be wrong
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:51 am

Post by Black »

In post 193, Bellaphant wrote: I do feel it's riskier for scum to do that stream of consciousness thing, as there's more to point back to later and say 'but you said...'
Yep
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it