Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:04 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

@Black would you say your scum play is close to your town play.

Probably the wrong person to ask so I will throw that out to people who have had more interaction with her than me. Are Black's playing styles similar regardless of alignment?
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:05 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Oops Page top again, that is 2 in a row.....
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:05 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

yeah I’d agree with that hypothesis
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 246, Titus wrote:
In post 171, Afrayed Knott wrote: Outworld pushing a TR on T3 based on the premise that trying to jump start discussion is more a town thing to do. But couldn’t the same be said for scum, especially a player who knows how to play scum? Not sure we should take that as a way to read people. And T3 backs that up in .
Awkward.

Reads awkward or is awkward. Actually I think I know which, yeah it is poor.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 249, ProjEctRy wrote: Hmmm ok. However, others players have done similar posts / votes and if Afrayed’s explanation in 186 is correct - that this is just something people do on this site - it would negate any resulting town read from this.

Glad you didn’t quote me, XD. But seriously need to dissect my statement a little here lined up against this. I’d say that what is happening in and around the thread at the time of the vote is and can be indicative to an extent. Don’t feel you have to ignore the vote and by all means question it if you feel you need to understand it.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:07 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 262, JupiterXV wrote: just throwing this out there- what's everyone's opinions on dannflor?

see my but right now I’m getting town vibes, but as Black says in I’ve learned recently not to totally lock him in
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:08 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Jupiter you can come out of scum isolation, I like your recent interactions

UNVOTE:
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:08 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

So Aisa, your response to fairly straight forward questions is to post a video that doesn’t give an answer, I haven’t watched it all the way through but I get the gist of it. Sadly it strikes me as a somewhat superfluous action. But ok fair enough and noted.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:09 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 307, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 304, Dannflor wrote: I don't think Titus is super town but I don't really think she's scummy either. Her tone/demeanor feels pretty relaxed in a good way imo. Her gut reactions/takes have seems pretty genuine and it seems like her posting hasn't really been geared towards trying to get town read, so I guess I slightly lean town on her?

I'm not saying don't vote her Jupiter but of your two scum reads I view shaddowez less favorably personally
I'm currently waiting for shadow to show up before I vote them- my vote on Titus mostly acts as a sort of pressure vote, I guess? to try and pressure her to be more active, if that makes more sense. Tbh that's kind of fair (Titus did ask why everyone was townreading them) but I still maintain that it's kind of hard to townread someone who's been consistenly posting but not doing much to add to gamestate.

What? Ok. Why not just vote Shaddow? And what I know of Titus is that you aren’t pressuring her at all
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:16 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 263, Dannflor wrote: I don't want to push T3 while he's on V/LA btw

I think Bellaphant's defense of T3 was scummy regardless of T3's alignment, and I want her to explain why shaddowez is her top town read.

I was wondering the same and then saw your post. I was going to leave it but I just had a thought. You say you don't want to push T3, and so you moved your vote, but then you say this to Jupiter

In post 304, Dannflor wrote: I don't think Titus is super town but I don't really think she's scummy either. Her tone/demeanor feels pretty relaxed in a good way imo. Her gut reactions/takes have seems pretty genuine and it seems like her posting hasn't really been geared towards trying to get town read, so I guess I slightly lean town on her?

I'm not saying don't vote her Jupiter but of your two scum reads I view shaddowez less favorably personally

why not put your vote back where it was on Shaddow?
Kurtapika
Kurtapika
Any
Townie
Kurtapika
Any
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:48 pm

Post by Kurtapika »

Right, in regards to catching up. I want to note in particular that OutWorldER's responses overall are giving me a strong tr on him, and as far as D1 reads go it's the most solid I currently have.

Have maintained my impressions for the most part. is pinging Jupiter as slight town, but I'm reserving judgement for the most part, since they're somewhat new to the game. More interested in the reads on shaddowez than I have scumlean on him himself.
In post 166, Black wrote: Ok. Any thoughts on my vote on you? Do you think there was a reason behind it or did you read as me not having one?
I assumed to glean my reaction to it, to be blunt. More specifically, the reason it gave me the impression from town from you as opposed to scum was that you hadn't provided your reason upfront, and I doubt that scum calculating their actions would make the obviously contradicting move of switching to my wagon like that while giving a tentative sounding excuse, when it could easily be pointed at later as potential sheeping. It feels like there was a towny thought process behind it, like as if you reread my posts and felt something from them that made you change your mind, but hadn't been able to put into words yet. So essentially you were placing your vote on me to try and sense out further what could be causing that vibe.
In post 175, Afrayed Knott wrote: Bella's inputs seem measured. Take for example.
I suppose. I'd been getting that impression from some of Bella's later posts after the initial discussion on T3 blew over somewhat, like . I'm less sure of what to make at it at the current state of the day, but I agree with the sentiment that if scum ends up flipping between the two it's going to be one or the other and not teammates.

I don't understand the proposition that it could have been anxiety at not saying something yet. The post was on page one. This doesn't serve to make me think of Bella as more towny than it does to make me think of Afrayed Knott as less so, it seems unnatural to have as a thought about that post from town POV and confusingly forced for a conclusion that was presumably written down as an ongoing thought progression.

The move at this point I'd think would be best lim the lowest posters over anything, I don't have a strong sr personally and I imagine it would be conducive to getting an overall better idea of who's solidly town when more of the table is producing content later down the line. Plus it'd root out whether we're dealing with scum on one of them or if and where we're going to be narrowing down existing townish reads.

Assuming no replacement yet I'm primarily looking at Skygazer or Nono, but Nono's been mentioning getting to reading on most replies. Skygazer hasn't offered anything thus far despite posting. Therefore as far as this is going on I'll be putting it down as a vote.

UNVOTE: Aisa

VOTE: Skygazer
Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:02 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Finally someone in my TZ, I think ...

interesting that you mention this

In post 335, Kurtapika wrote: The move at this point I'd think would be best lim the lowest posters over anything

you are one of them at this point. I was doing some ISO digging looking at votes etc and then saw that you had posted. What I was about to do was shake your leg and place a vote on you because of that, then your post dropped. Yes Sky and Nono are also in the group of LHF and one has less input than you, but not much. You have 6 posts, Nono 3, and Sky 10.

Not that post counts matter much in many respects until I feel someone with a low count singles out those others with low counts. then yes it is a thing in my mind. So

Why did you choose Sky over Nono?
ProjEctRy
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:19 pm

Post by ProjEctRy »

In post 335, Kurtapika wrote:
The move at this point I'd think would be best lim the lowest posters over anything, I don't have a strong sr personally and I imagine it would be conducive to getting an overall better idea of who's solidly town when more of the table is producing content later down the line. Plus it'd root out whether we're dealing with scum on one of them or if and where we're going to be narrowing down existing townish reads.
I don’t like this idea. To me that is not the best move for town, just a random lim on a low contributor. I appreciate there is likely scum essentially hiding in the shadows but it’s a complete shot in the dark.

Surely it’s better to lim someone specific we have some suspicion over rather than just a complete random lim?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:34 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 337, ProjEctRy wrote:
In post 335, Kurtapika wrote:
I don’t like this idea. To me that is not the best move for town, just a random lim on a low contributor. I appreciate there is likely scum essentially hiding in the shadows but it’s a complete shot in the dark.

Surely it’s better to lim someone specific we have some suspicion over rather than just a complete random lim?
I see what you are driving at, it is what is known as POE. Process of Elimination. They are not contributing at all to what we are trying to do, again that's how I understand it.
Kurtapika
Kurtapika
Any
Townie
Kurtapika
Any
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:47 pm

Post by Kurtapika »

In post 336, Afrayed Knott wrote: Not that post counts matter much in many respects until I feel someone with a low count singles out those others with low counts. then yes it is a thing in my mind. So

I mentioned this in the same paragraph as putting forward the vote? Nono has , Sky has nothing. Similarly I'm not looking at Titus in this department despite low numbers. I'm aware I'm in the position as well, but as I said I'm feeling a lack of scumleans to push currently and so don't feel there's a stronger place to put my vote. Bare minimum but at least adds on towards angling for something from Skygazer.
In post 337, ProjEctRy wrote: I don’t like this idea. To me that is not the best move for town, just a random lim on a low contributor. I appreciate there is likely scum essentially hiding in the shadows but it’s a complete shot in the dark.

This might be my differing experience with the styles of mafia games but it's my feeling that with this one at least, the majority of suspicions at D1 are going to essentially amount to a random lim. I would agree if it was a strong suspicion as to have most people on them, but we haven't reached that point at the moment, and this way even if temporarily votes can be effective in spite of lack of consensus. It seems beneficial to town to have a higher bar of content for scum to clear, at least if my thinking on this strategy does follow with site meta.

Is POE replying to the eliminating least content or ProjEct talking about eliminating a suspicion?
Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:48 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

@ Mod

can you check the game countdown please. it seems to be stuck. and is it 12 days or 7?

Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:51 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 339, Kurtapika wrote: I mentioned this in the same paragraph as putting forward the vote?
yeah I know, but Sky has also said
In post 213, Skygazer wrote: hi i should probably read up tonight instead of playing oblivion for 6 hours huh

so? both have stated they will read up, but not much actual action from either

VOTE: Nono
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:54 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 339, Kurtapika wrote: Is POE replying to the eliminating least content or ProjEct talking about eliminating a suspicion?
least content, that's how I understood it when I think Titus explained it to me in a previous game.
Kurtapika
Kurtapika
Any
Townie
Kurtapika
Any
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:03 pm

Post by Kurtapika »

In post 341, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 339, Kurtapika wrote: I mentioned this in the same paragraph as putting forward the vote?
yeah I know, but Sky has also said
In post 213, Skygazer wrote: hi i should probably read up tonight instead of playing oblivion for 6 hours huh

so? both have stated they will read up, but not much actual action from either

VOTE: Nono
I meant that the difference is effectively splitting hairs but at least Nono's posts on getting to reading have done something to give impressions thereof, as you make the point of in . Basically it's between game related nothingness (Nono) and nothing game related at all (Skygazer) so far.
In post 342, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 339, Kurtapika wrote: Is POE replying to the eliminating least content or ProjEct talking about eliminating a suspicion?
least content, that's how I understood it when I think Titus explained it to me in a previous game.
Ah, I see. The blockquote there was slightly confusing.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:31 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 214, Dannflor wrote:
In post 212, Bellaphant wrote: Ahaha no

Shadowez is probably my strongest tr.
can you elaborate
Apparently this is a more controversial take than I thought it was? I might be way off but I've really likes the way that shadow has explained their thoughts and I can see an overall process that I vibe with. A lot of what I do day one is find people who's thoughts I can work with. I've had this massively backfire once or twice (my last game with Implosion) but I'm still weak to it.
In post 215, shaddowez wrote:
@Bella
- why your concern on Aisa?
They seem more filler than content, overly nice and not really taking stances? People like Titus are getting sussed for it but aisa isn't. Plus, I didn't like their vote, it felt very temperature check rather than a read
In post 251, ProjEctRy wrote:
In post 248, Titus wrote:
In post 207, Bellaphant wrote: Black's probably town, I'm a bit concerned about aisa, one of the three people I don't know with really long names feels scummier than the others.

Titus isn't someone I'd lim today.
P-edit it feels like something I would feel worried about as scum, that's all.
How am I so townread? Not complaining but still

Yeah @Bella, why would your position be ‘Titus isn’t someone I’d lim today’?

Aside from saying Kurtapika was ‘awkward and distant’ Titus hadn’t contributed anything else of note by that point so how come you were so opposed?

Shouldn’t your position be that you had no read rather than Titus being off the table?
These things are kind of the same day one but it's also meta based: recently I've been fairly good at reading titus and I find her a useful presence in the game - I've also been able to find her as scum ok before, so I'd rather not lim them day one.
In post 263, Dannflor wrote: I don't want to push T3 while he's on V/LA btw

I think Bellaphant's defense of T3 was scummy regardless of T3's alignment, and I want her to explain why shaddowez is her top town read.
I tr T3 for very similar reasons to me tr ing shadow, but I disagree that the defence is scummy: I like finding town more than scum and the wagon was rubbish.

Maybe Dannflor is town and I'm just moody with them. O.o
In post 313, Black wrote:
In post 306, Dannflor wrote: black where are your scum reads at
I'm struggling. I feel like it has been a lot easier finding town this game than it has been finding scum. That probably means I'm wrong about somebody but that's pretty standard. I have a gut feeling that there's at least one scum in the lurky non-talkers which is why I wanted the mod to start poking people

I think bella and shaddow could be scum together. I know bella said the TR on shaddow was vibes but I just don't understand where those vibes could have came from and I'm starting to think is the scummy kind of performative. I don't agree with a lot of her reads which doesn't make her scum but it always feels weird when someone is seeing things so differently than me

With shaddow I didn't like very much. I think OWER is fairly townie so his comment to Aisa here feels like a read scum might sheep to go against the grain. feels like a softball question to a partner considering bella already went over this feeling earlier but I'll admit this may just be conf bias
Can you rephrase the bit about shadow, Ower and aisa? Also, it makes me Sus that you have this many opinions on me without engaging me. Especially because out of everyone you also know my meta?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:31 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

UNVOTE:

@afrayed knot, hope that helped
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:34 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Also, eliminating someone who has no content gives us nothing on vote patterns, associatives, how people reacted to the wagon, etc.,so although it feels protown, it weirdly isn't
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:44 pm

Post by Black »

In post 325, Afrayed Knott wrote: @Black would you say your scum play is close to your town play.

Probably the wrong person to ask so I will throw that out to people who have had more interaction with her than me. Are Black's playing styles similar regardless of alignment?
I think so, but I'd be curious to hear what other people think. Dannflor or Bella would probably be the best people to ask

I feel like my meta is somewhat fickle but the constants are me being active and engaged as both alignments. Maybe slightly moreso as town
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:50 pm

Post by Black »

I feel comfortable slotting Kurtapika as town for now
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:55 pm

Post by Black »

In post 336, Afrayed Knott wrote: Finally someone in my TZ, I think ...

interesting that you mention this

In post 335, Kurtapika wrote: The move at this point I'd think would be best lim the lowest posters over anything

you are one of them at this point. I was doing some ISO digging looking at votes etc and then saw that you had posted. What I was about to do was shake your leg and place a vote on you because of that, then your post dropped. Yes Sky and Nono are also in the group of LHF and one has less input than you, but not much. You have 6 posts, Nono 3, and Sky 10.

Not that post counts matter much in many respects until I feel someone with a low count singles out those others with low counts. then yes it is a thing in my mind. So

Maybe if you're strictly talking about post counts but I think including Kurtapika in the same group as sky and nono is a little unfair. His content is way better. This kinda feels like shade
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”