Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:48 am

Post by Enchant »

Smiley probably town so if i vote someone else i have 1/3 chance to vote townie randomly. If that happens, we lose.

If i vote mafia, then people shitpush me and we lose.

So yeah i am randomvoting in (expired on 2023-11-29 12:48:36)
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:29 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I would really appreciate if we didn’t try to randomvote so early (or even at all here)—I would like the chance to read up on Shea’s past games to get a better picture of his play.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:07 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 2250, Enchant wrote: Smiley probably town so if i vote someone else i have 1/3 chance to vote townie randomly. If that happens, we lose.

-SNIP-

I literally said I think you could be town. You basically led the THS wagon yesterday, convincing even Naerys, who said she found THS townie beforehand. Where the hell is this pessimism that people don't listen to you/are going to instalim you coming from all of a sudden? Don't fucking randvote, holy shit.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:11 am

Post by Enchant »

Smiley doesn't.

Mafia only need to fool one player to win.

If you would believe i am town, from your pow everyone else but me and Smiley are mafia and you don't act an that.

Quoting my posts without gifs are scumclaim.

I am bored as fuck.

I don't care.

/rip
Wizard-Mercenary

OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:16 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 2253, Enchant wrote: Smiley doesn't.

If you would believe i am town, from your pow everyone else but me and Smiley are mafia and you don't act an that.

I am bored as fuck.

I don't care.

/rip
I'm not acting on that because it's ELO with 5+ days left, and I'm not 100% confident in my reads. You're right, if I'm to conclude your Town than it has to mean that the scumteam is Wiz/TSQ. But I could be wrong in my read about Wiz. I could be wrong about my read about you, or TSQ. And if I vote wrong, we lose. So I'd rather, you know, not, and take it slowly.

And by the by, it's really shitty to just give up at the finish line regardless of your alignment.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:18 am

Post by Enchant »

Do i look like i ever give up.
Wizard-Mercenary

OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:21 am

Post by OutWorldER »

It sure looks like you are this game.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Enchant »

Wrong.
Wizard-Mercenary

SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:03 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2246, Enchant wrote:
In post 2244, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 2230, Enchant wrote: Huh... I also can't.
@Enchant

I know this was a while ago now, but can you go more into your day 3 play? Did you have any particular motivation or intent behind bringing up the idea of scum holstering or did you say it just cause? (To be clear, i'm essentially asking for the purpose of bringing up said theory at that point in time if there was any. Sorry if the way I worded the question was unclear :oops:)

Also my apologies if mentioned already, but could you claim role? I know you didn't claim earlier, but given we're in ELO it's important that town has a full set of information to work with.
At first you must work out all possibly theories then pick one which are more likely and probably stick for it. I didn't really believe in holstering, but possibility existed.

... It didn't really work out with THS as you see. If you are town (and i believe you are), mafia saw THS selfvoting and be like "oh lol blatant PR let's kill them... And then roleblock for good measure!"

Which makes uh. No sense? I still don't get it. Should't they roleblock potential protective/blocker instead?
In terms of the response, fair enough. I think I can see that.

In regards to the roleblock, I think it's important to note that THS self-voting happened day 1 compared to them getting roleblocked night 2. Going back to the end of day 2, I could see Hold's response to Hu Tao's doctor claim potentially tipping mafia off that he had access to a doc ability
In post 1422, TheHoldSteady wrote: The doctor claim is ???????? though
In post 1423, TheHoldSteady wrote: Hu Tao please explain your motivation behind that claim
In post 1470, TheHoldSteady wrote:
Hu Tao you have 24 hours to explain why you claimed Doctor or else I'm voting you and not switching.
(This leads into Hold hammering Hu Tao).

My guess would be scum shot Hold night 1 due to the slot being fairly townread end of day 1 (it's why I decided to jailkeep there). Then roleblocked there night 2 due to suspecting Hold was doc (roleblock instead of kill because night 1 shot on them failed).
Friendly Neighborhood Scummer

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:03 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2249, Enchant wrote: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
Spoiler:
Couldn't Resist

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:04 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2250, Enchant wrote: Smiley probably town so if i vote someone else i have 1/3 chance to vote townie randomly. If that happens, we lose.

I actually don't hate the idea of having someone just vote who they think is scum after a certain point (was kind of mulling over the idea of pitching a plan similar to that while at work yesterday) though I do think waiting an additional day or two to do so would be best to allow for the most discussion.

Random voting is cringe if you're serious about that though. There's enough info in the game to the point where we shouldn't need to resort to that.

I cant stop you from doing what you're going to do, but if you're going through with this I'd say give it another day at least before doing so and fire at a scumread when you do.

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:11 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2253, Enchant wrote: Smiley doesn't.

I am bored as fuck.

I don't care.

/rip
To be clear, I'm listening to what your saying. I don't even think I'm leaning you for the elimination here currently. If you are town, keep the spirit up. Scum want to play into apathy, don't play into their hands

ADHD
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:12 pm

Post by Enchant »

Waiting day or two for what, everyone keep silence and allow mafia do so too.

Only reason Outworld and Animated posted is to tell me that they should wait and... And...

No really that's it i guess, maybe you have some sort of brainstorm, but lmao we can't see it.
Wizard-Mercenary

SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:12 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2251, AnimatedWiz wrote: I would really appreciate if we didn’t try to randomvote so early (or even at all here)—I would like the chance to read up on Shea’s past games to get a better picture of his play.
Going to re-up my question to you.
In post 2243, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 2160, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 2156, Enchant wrote: How i see game.

Out of table:
Black - Macho 2-shot Watcher
- Killed by Mafia N3.
Spoiler: Acts
N1: Annie. No one.
N2: Python. Smiley, BlackStar.
N3: Can't act.

BlackStar - BG
- Executed 3D
N1: Thestatusquo
N2: usesPython

Python - Mafia Goon
- Executed D4.
Roden - VT
- Killed by Mafia N4.
Hu Tao - VT
- Executed 2D
Wartortle - VT
- Executed 1D
Enchant - ???
- Living

POE:
Smiley - Lazy JK

N1: THS.
N2: Python
N3: Annie
N4: Annie

THS - JOAT (Vig/Tracker/Doc)

N1: Vig (Thestatusquo). Fail.
N2: Track (OWER). No result.
N3: No Action
N4: Doc (Smiley).

Naerys - VT

Annie - VT

OWER - VT

Thestatusquo - VT

Mafia kills:
N1: THS tries to kill TSQ. Direct Jail.
N2: Python tries to kill Black. Direct Jail.
N3: THS kills Black.
N4: THS kills Roden.

THS>Annie>OWEN probably must win.

Start voting.
Honestly, I’m fine with this PoE—would personally like to go for OWER second instead of me (for obvious reasons), but I think this all lines up with everything I’ve been able to figure out so far. Happy to sign off on this with my vote.

VOTE: TheHoldSteady.

E-0.
Can you explain how you got to Hold being the top of your PoE here? Looking back through your stance towards OWER seemed more solidified to me then your stance on Hold (Compare towards OWER to something like towards Hold), so it feels off to be content with limming Hold first there.

ADHD
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:13 pm

Post by Enchant »

It's like picking from 3 lurkers duh.
Wizard-Mercenary

SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:24 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2262, Enchant wrote: Waiting day or two for what, everyone keep silence and allow mafia do so too.

Only reason Outworld and Animated posted is to tell me that they should wait and... And...

No really that's it i guess, maybe you have some sort of brainstorm, but lmao we can't see it.
TSQ said they needed time to read and think here. Wiz also said they needed time to check through TSQ's games
In post 2232, Thestatusquo wrote: I do think it should be obvious that scum has some sort of ability here because of all the potential town has to stop kills. I'm not really sure why anyone was ever operating under a different assumption. Smiley is still conf imo.

This game has been ridiculously frustrating for me because it has felt like the last 3-4 days have all been the following: I post some stuff. I don't post for like 12 hours and then I check the thread and we've mislimmed like 2 days into the game day.

So it's kinda been hard for me to parse because of this and I feel like I haven't really even been given a chance to play.

But I'm going to take my time today because of we need to slow the fuck down. People have been going rapid fire for like 4 days now and I need time to read and think.
In post 2251, AnimatedWiz wrote: I would really appreciate if we didn’t try to randomvote so early (or even at all here)—I would like the chance to read up on Shea’s past games to get a better picture of his play.
I also have two questions that haven't resolved and I still need have partner analysis that needs to be done, there are reasons to need more time here.
(I dropped the ball in regard to the analysis today :oops: , fell asleep early IRL and woke up at 2 AM. I have to get ready for work in about 3-4 hours so i'm probs heading back to sleep after this post. Will likely get started on it tommorrow after work though)

ADHD
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:26 pm

Post by Enchant »

If there will be tomorrow.
Wizard-Mercenary

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:13 am

Post by Dannflor »

VC 6.1

Not Voting [5]:
SmileyDude1, Thestatusquo, OutWorldER, Enchant, AnimatedWiz

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate. Day 6 ends in (expired on 2023-12-04 00:29:00).

Mod Notes:
Prodding Thestatusquo.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:32 am

Post by OutWorldER »

Rereading the game and at this point, I think I'm just gonna send it. I retract my claim that Enchant could be town here.

VOTE: Enchant

The thing I noticed on a reread is that Enchant did not vote, at all, during D3 in the BlackStar vs Python 1f1. He abstained entirely, and the only indication he was even going to was saying that Smiley would regret stealing from him when he hammered BlackStar.

Instead, Enchant spent a good chunk of that day trying to discredit Black, the Watcher, discrediting the mass-claim and being purposefully obfuscatory about his role. What little he posts outside of that is useless fluff, except for which contains absolutely zero analysis of use. When Python is confirmed red by BlackStar's flip, he immediately tries to chain THS, the JOAT, to them , setting up for D5 where he pushes THS and gets him elimmed.

I think there's more than enough here to associate Enchant with Python. The other partner has to be within Wiz/TSQ, because Smiley is basically conftown at this point, but on a reread I feel most confident about eliminating Enchant here.
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:02 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2268, OutWorldER wrote: Rereading the game and at this point, I think I'm just gonna send it. I retract my claim that Enchant could be town here.

VOTE: Enchant

The thing I noticed on a reread is that Enchant did not vote, at all, during D3 in the BlackStar vs Python 1f1. He abstained entirely, and the only indication he was even going to was saying that Smiley would regret stealing from him when he hammered BlackStar.

Instead, Enchant spent a good chunk of that day trying to discredit Black, the Watcher, discrediting the mass-claim and being purposefully obfuscatory about his role. What little he posts outside of that is useless fluff, except for which contains absolutely zero analysis of use. When Python is confirmed red by BlackStar's flip, he immediately tries to chain THS, the JOAT, to them , setting up for D5 where he pushes THS and gets him elimmed.

I think there's more than enough here to associate Enchant with Python. The other partner has to be within Wiz/TSQ, because Smiley is basically conftown at this point, but on a reread I feel most confident about eliminating Enchant here.
As mentioned earlier I kind of wished we waited a bit longer before committing a vote here for the sake of discussion, and lowkey I don't feel the best about this 1v1(If i'm being honest I think I felt worse about Annie than I did you or Enchant), but I don't feel strongly enough on both of you being town to fight you on this here.

First things first, let's see if there's scum in this combo

@AnimatedWiz
@Thestatusquo

If you could both check in as soon as possible, to confirm the 1v1 (or end the game if it's both of you) that'd be great.
In post 2236, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 2235, Dannflor wrote: viewtopic.php?sid=&f=2&t=91848&user_select%5B%5D=19042

You can use this link for the time being. Post #0 is blank but you can see VCs and flips at the very least.
Thank you Dann—this will probably end up being really useful.
In post 2238, Thestatusquo wrote: my most recent scum game is team mafia - amnesiac mafia if you want to read it.
Quoting for ping

ADHD
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:08 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Thank you for quoting me—I should be free to finish my reading in about 6 hours or so and then give my feedback on everything.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:08 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

Going to withold doing any analysis for a couple hours until it's confirmed not TSQ/Annie. Would rather not get started on it only for it to wind up being redundant.

Crossing off this from consideration though on the grounds that we lose if this is the team (and thus is not worth going over)

AnimatedWiz/Thestatusquo

ADHD
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:33 pm

Post by Enchant »

I wanted to voted Animated. I guess...

VOTE: OutWorld
Wizard-Mercenary

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:36 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Dannflor