Post by Dannflor »

VC 6.2

Enchant [1]:
OutWorldER
OutWorldER [1]:
Enchant

Not Voting [3]:
SmileyDude1, Thestatusquo, AnimatedWiz

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate. Day 6 ends in (expired on 2023-12-04 00:29:00).

Mod Notes:
:]
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by Enchant »

I never won 1vs1 as town really.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by Enchant »

expect 3 players elo
Wizard-Mercenary

AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:57 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Hi, I've returned!

My thoughts on Shea: y'all, I fear the theory of mind has left me, because even reading past games has not made understanding Shea's playstyle easy—I read through Amnesiac Mafia, and I would like to say Shea has been quite different this game, which leads me to be lean towards a townread for him? I, hm... my read of him and Black arguing around Day 3 made me incredibly suspicious of him for a time (I noted that I felt like at least one person in that interaction was scum), but upon looking at how he discusses with people in previous games I think he might just be like that. I wish I had a better grasp on him and his playstyle, but I don't think I got a smoking gun pointing one way or the other—just a better push towards town for him in my opinion.
In post 2263, SmileyDude1 wrote: Can you explain how you got to Hold being the top of your PoE here? Looking back through your stance towards OWER seemed more solidified to me then your stance on Hold (Compare towards OWER to something like towards Hold), so it feels off to be content with limming Hold first there.
Quite honestly, it was two things:

a) At that point in the day, I saw that getting a final, solid push on OWER was not reasonable given how much pressure had mounted on THS instead. Considering THS was settling somewhere around my 2nd strongest scumread at that time, and Enchant had promised a plan to go for OWER after, I thought it a reasonable compromise. Plus, I had been accused of sitting pretty and trying to slip under the radar, and I figured I should hammer there to prove a point.

b) THS was acting really, really odd. THS thought I was the best vote when BlackStar flipped green instead of, y'know, Python (who had pushed the policy elimination of both of them). Additionally, THS just announces that he feels it's certain that there's a Mafia roleblocker instead of his failed night action being due to an unclaimed Ascetic/Commuter OWER , which I thought was indicative of partnering. Also, the claimed night actions were really weird in my opinion, like how he tried to shoot really early on (which upon looking at some stuff on the wiki, is not that uncommon and is sometimes recommended)—I thought there could even be a possibility of THS lying about a failed track on OWER after me and Black were hard scumreading OWER for a while before to get us to miselim OWER maybe (I thought of this as possible, but unlikely—but it still influenced me, I fear).

I would like to vote OWER, but I want Shea to have a chance to share his thoughts first.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:01 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Also, I'm a bit confused—why are you disregarding the idea of Shea and I being partnered, Smiley? I don't know if me needing to read up on him and saying I can't read him easily is like, great proof against that.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:02 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Hi, I held the idiot ball again!

I now understand you mean that we can't be partnered because we both would've just voted for Enchant or OWER to win the game instead of asking for more time to think.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:04 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 2278, AnimatedWiz wrote: b) THS was acting really, really odd. THS thought I was the best vote when BlackStar flipped green instead of, y'know, Python (who had pushed the policy elimination of both of them). Additionally, THS just announces that he feels it's certain that there's a Mafia roleblocker instead of his failed night action being due to an unclaimed Ascetic/Commuter OWER
in
, which I thought was indicative of partnering. Also, the claimed night actions were really weird in my opinion, like how he tried to shoot really early on (which upon looking at some stuff on the wiki, is not that uncommon and is sometimes recommended)—I thought there could even be a possibility of THS lying about a failed track on OWER after me and Black were hard scumreading OWER for a while before to get us to miselim OWER maybe (I thought of this as possible, but unlikely—but it still influenced me, I fear).
Edited to include the correct reference post.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:15 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

...the edit is not linking to the right one either—I meant .

I think I'm going to go lay down now.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:32 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

i know I haven't been here much, I'm sorry.

This time its not the games fault its mine. I think I prefer ower over enchant but I am not sure.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I kind of keep coming back to the slip though.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 2284, Thestatusquo wrote: I kind of keep coming back to the slip though.
You free to make other reasonable guess who mafia attacked, if not claimed macho watcher.
Wizard-Mercenary

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:04 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

see this is part of my problem though.

Like making an assumption is conscious when one thinks through the actions. Thinking through actions and coming to a conclusion is one thing, but that's not what happened and this whole defense feels disingenuous to me
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:08 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

eh fuck it, I've read the two isos and like this is hard to quantify in words but it just kinda feels like enchant has cared a lot more about finding scum this game than outworlder has.

like it really just feels like outworlder has been coasting completely without ever really caring very much about who gets eliminated at all.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:08 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think that outweighs the slip thing.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 2278, AnimatedWiz wrote: I would like to vote OWER, but I want Shea to have a chance to share his thoughts first.
In post 2283, Thestatusquo wrote:I think I prefer ower over enchant but I am not sure.
One of you has to be town so I am begging either of you to tell me a single townie thing that Enchant has done all game. He tried to discredit our watcher and push her for shitty reasons both D2 and D3, he wanted to hammer our BG, he has positive associations with Python, he was basically the main mechanic behind our JOAT lim.

Like yeah, my reads have been bad, and I've lost a lot of WIM at points, but I've given reasons as to why that is. What has Enchant done this entire game but blow smoke left and right?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

the mech solving stuff he was doing with the various different worlds based on the claim felt much closer to what i'd expect from town enchant than scum enchant. the refusal to participate in the mass claim also felt like something enchant was much more likely to do if enchant is town based on my experience with him.

Like I'm not gunna try to convince you because you're either scum or in a world where enchant is confirmed scum to you, but the claim that he hasn't done "a single town thing" is like...not factually accurate to the point of being kind of laughable?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:16 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

VOTE: outworlder

In addition to what I just said that last post just doesn't feel particularly genuine to me at all.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:19 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 728, Enchant wrote: Black basically KNEW i would hammer, goated you in putting on E-1, then "oh no troll how unfunny".
In post 1617, Enchant wrote: I think it's you afraid about posting results in fear that they will be disputed.
In post 1623, Enchant wrote: You don't have watcher result.
In post 1625, Enchant wrote: You still don't have watcher result.
In what world are these town posts? With everything we know after they were made, how do you see these as town posts? Enchant literally never gave a reason as to why he though Black's watcher was fake, and he was pushing her for dogwater reasons start of D2, and then promptly started lurking again once Naerys picked up the tunnel.
In post 2290, Thestatusquo wrote: the mech solving stuff he was doing with the various different worlds based on the claim felt much closer to what i'd expect from town enchant than scum enchant. the refusal to participate in the mass claim also felt like something enchant was much more likely to do if enchant is town based on my experience with him.

Like I'm not gunna try to convince you because you're either scum or in a world where enchant is confirmed scum to you, but the claim that he hasn't done "a single town thing" is like...not factually accurate to the point of being kind of laughable?
And where did all of that mech solve leave us? His D3 mech was basically just "here's a punch of different possibilities" without any actual analysis. His D5 mech got the town JOAT limmed. None of it ended up benefitting the town.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:34 pm

Post by Enchant »

@Smiley
@Animated

Please announce if you hammer or not.
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:36 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 2292, OutWorldER wrote: His D5 mech got the town JOAT limmed.
You read that mech which contained "Slip".
Only after JOAT was hammered you suddenly remembered that thinking that mafia attacked watcher (most obvious kill which they always make) are slip. Which is kinda unreasonable.

If anything Outworld proved that he don't read anything people write, but saw this as opportunity.
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:11 pm

Post by Enchant »

I mean i did tried to vote out every PR in this game.

... Yeah...
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:12 pm

Post by Enchant »

Doesn't look cool really.
Wizard-Mercenary

AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:27 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I don’t want to hammer right now—I would like to think and consider my options because I really would like to not be responsible for the final miselim if I can help it.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:30 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I do think it’s likely OWER here, but I would like to try to figure out who the most likely partner pairing is here—I could see OWER as scum and Enchant as a partner with Python, with them perhaps bussing each other here in the hopes that it’ll make the other on the chopping block not look like a good target?

Or is it possible that I’ve misread Shea, or even Smiley (not really possible on the last part, as it requires a really complicated series of lucky actions for the facts to line up how they do).
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:33 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Ugh, but if I stall on OWER’s elimination, people could claim I’ve been bussing all game until the end when my true partnership is suddenly revealed.

This is awful. I hate being a deciding vote in these kinds of situations—so many factors to weigh.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”