Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Well, this will be good for some information at the very least.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by destructor »

Unvote
Vote: Natirasha

Because I don't know what else to do with my vote.

CR or Batt can make the difference.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Axelrod wrote:Well, this will be good for some information at the very least.
Didn't you have more reasons than that to lynch me?

Well, as it stands. I'm going to be hitting the noose. D=

I am La Esmerelda's goat's Djali. Although the town believes I am possessed by the Devil, I am sided with you all. I have no powers, which is good.

Good luck catching scum.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by ortolan »

Unvote

Not commenting on why at this point.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day One: Vote Count #20: End of Day One

5 Natirasha (Axelrod, Mizzy, Machiavellian-Mafia, ThAdmiral, destructor)
4 ClockworkRuse (roflcopter, Urzassedatives, CarnCarn, Natirasha)
1 Urzassedatives (ClockworkRuse)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline December 14, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 2 – Battousai, ortolan

~

Thousands of good, calm, bourgeois faces thronged the windows, the doors, the dormer windows, the roofs, gazing at the palace, gazing at the populace, and asking nothing more; for many Parisians content themselves with the spectacle of the spectators, and a wall behind which something is going on becomes at once, for us, a very curious thing indeed.

Eleven of you have quite a good view, however. More’s the pity.

Natirasha, Town, has been lynched!

It is now
Night One
. Deadline for night is December 18, 9:59 pm CDT. I may be late opening the thread due to travel, but the deadline for choices remains firm.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

… first of all, there is a buzzing in the ears, a dazzlement in the eyes. Above our heads is a double ogive vault, panelled with wood carving, painted azure, and sown with golden fleurs-de-lis; beneath our feet a pavement of black and white marble, alternating. A few paces distant, an enormous pillar, then another, then another; seven pillars in all, down the length of the hall, sustaining the spring of the arches of the double vault, in the centre of its width. Around four of the pillars, stalls of merchants, all sparkling with glass and tinsel; around the last three, benches of oak, worn and polished by the trunk hose of the litigants, and the robes of the attorneys. Around the hall, along the lofty wall, between the doors, between the windows, between the pillars, the interminable row of all the kings of France, from Pharamond down: the lazy kings, with pendent arms and downcast eyes; the valiant and combative kings, with heads and arms raised boldly heavenward. Then in the long, pointed windows, glass of a thousand hues; at the wide entrances to the hall, rich doors, finely sculptured; and all, the vaults, pillars, walls, jambs, panelling, doors, statues, covered from top to bottom with a splendid blue and gold illumination, which, a trifle tarnished at the epoch when we behold it, had almost entirely disappeared beneath dust and spiders in the year of grace, 1549, when du Breul still admired it from tradition.

Largely ignored is the body of roflcopter.

roflcopter, Town, has been killed!

It is now
Day Two
. With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is January 8, 9:59 pm CDT.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

ortolan wrote:
Unvote

Not commenting on why at this point.
Essentially a hammering unvote, but with zero reasons and he never suspected Nat D1.
Vote: Ortolan

destructor wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Natirasha

Because I don't know what else to do with my vote.

CR or Batt can make the difference.
Not buying the excuse.
FoS: destructor
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:55 pm

Post by destructor »

Ya, ort needs to explain his unvote. With no day abilities, I don't see why he would have found a reason to flip on CR at the last minute.

CC, what's your problem with my Nat vote?

As a result of it, CR is looking a whole lot more town, don't you think?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by Battousai »

CC: Why FoS destructor and vote Ort and not the other way around?
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:09 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

CR: You could have voted Nat yesterday so that you could avoid getting lynched. Why didn't you do that?
The end justifies the means.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:48 am

Post by ortolan »

I believe CR's claim, for reasons relating to my own role/flavour

It seems quite unlikely that he would get that as a fakeclaim
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Mizzy »

I also believe CR's claim, but then I didn't think he was scum in the first place.

IGMEOY: ortolan
for his #428 and especially for posting after that and not explaining himself. Holding off on a vote until he speaks up about it.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by ortolan »

You've got your eye on me for preventing someone who you think is town from being lynched?

As should be obvious, explaining why I don't think CR is scum requires me at least partially roleclaiming. If you want me to, say so rather than subtly rolefishing.

Contrary to what CC thinks, my unvote on CR was a reaction to not thinking he was scum, rather than thinking Natirasha was. I don't believe I ever suggested Natirasha was scum.

And furthermore I believe withdrawing my vote on CR has been somewhat vindicated since, but I will wait for him to reply before saying why exactly.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I don't understand why the scum would have killed rofl.
knowing him he would have just redoubled his efforts against cr today (who seems to be town), and I would have lynched him at the drop of a hat if the opportunity came up.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by Mizzy »

ortolan wrote:You've got your eye on me for preventing someone who you think is town from being lynched?

As should be obvious, explaining why I don't think CR is scum requires me at least partially roleclaiming. If you want me to, say so rather than subtly rolefishing.

Contrary to what CC thinks, my unvote on CR was a reaction to not thinking he was scum, rather than thinking Natirasha was. I don't believe I ever suggested Natirasha was scum.

And furthermore I believe withdrawing my vote on CR has been somewhat vindicated since, but I will wait for him to reply before saying why exactly.
No, I am IGMEOYing you because of the teensy post with no content and a blatant lack of information. Followed by the ignoring of CC's #431 and destructor's #432. You then attempt to justify that lack of content with a role allusion, and then accuse me of rolefishing when I had no idea that it had to do with your role at all.

What bothers me most is that you posted without addressing either Carn OR destructor and then when you finally address me, you do so in a highly aggressive manner. That is not very pro-town of you.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:CR: You could have voted Nat yesterday so that you could avoid getting lynched. Why didn't you do that?
To be honest, I didn't know if I really felt strongly for Nat being scum. I also thought that at the time of my post I was lynched.

Admiral, why are you entering the WIFOM area of the nightkills?

Ort, I'm not sure if I understand what you want me to respond to.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by destructor »

When I said this:
me wrote:With no day abilities, I don't see why he would have found a reason to flip on CR at the last minute.
I meant, at the last minute without an explanation.
I'm not sure that flavour is telling of alignment in this game, which makes me wonder how wise ort's actions were, but...

The way Day 1 ended only makes CR look more like town. If he's scum, his play was counter-intuitive. Assuming CR is town, ort's unvote is counter-intuitive as scum - why unvote a player who is town at deadline to lynch another player who is town? I don't think it's really WIFOM, since I didn't see the real or likely benefit it would provide either as scum, unless someone thinks they're both scum and were doing some crazy bussing dance earlier in Day 1.

So, basically, as opposed to not seeing the case on CR, I'm now pretty sure he's town and that scum were on his wagon. The living players who were on his wagon at deadline yesterday are: Urzassedatives, CarnCarn.

I'll do some rereading of Urz and the players who left CR's wagon before deadline, but in the meantime.

Vote: CarnCarn
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:49 pm

Post by ortolan »

Mizzy wrote:Followed by the ignoring of CC's #431 and destructor's #432.
Post 435 was intended as a reply to them.

In Post 435 I clearly stated my reason for unvoting CR related to my role
Mizzy wrote:You then attempt to justify that lack of content with a role allusion, and then accuse me of rolefishing when I had no idea that it had to do with your role at all.
This doesn't even make sense...I alluded to my role as a reason for my unvote so unless you weren't reading:
Mizzy wrote:
IGMEOY: ortolan
for his #428 and especially for posting after that and not explaining himself. Holding off on a vote until he speaks up about it.
Implies you want me to state my role (because that is all I can do to elaborate).

I also didn't think my post was aggressively worded, beyond the role-fishing accusation.
CR wrote:Ort, I'm not sure if I understand what you want me to respond to.
It was just MM's question, which you did.

Anyway, I've realised there probably isn't any harm in role-claiming at this point anyway, because my ability will be used up as of tonight.

I am La Esmeralda. Not only this but my pm specifically mentions Djali, my precocious but misunderstood goat. Thus I see it as an unlikely (although not impossible) fakeclaim for CR as scum to get. However, as pointed out by MM, this fact coupled with the fact he didn't even vote Natirasha to save himself when on the chopping block leads me strongly to believe he is town.

My ability: on two nights in the game I can seduce (roleblock) someone. I did so to roflcopter last night.

On roflcopter's death I agree with ThAdmiral- I am surprised firstly he was town, but moreso that scum decided he was worth killing. It's possible he was the traitor; but then it seems unlikely he would target people that would make him an attractive night-kill.

I find Mizzy increasingly scummy, and will do a re-read soon which will probably culminate in a case.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Mizzy »

ortolan:
Wait, so you find me scummy for pointing out some weirdness in your play? Yes, that makes a whole lot of sense.

I
never
like it when people go, "Oh, I can't say anything about that because it has to do with my role." No one can question that or prod at it, even if they feel it's a total cop-out, because then we get labeled as "rolefishing." It's basically untouchable.
ortolan wrote:Post 435 was intended as a reply to them.
That's all you had to say to clear things up, you realize. Instead, your first reply to me was a huge over-defensive thing with an attack on me for what I feel is no reason.
ortolan wrote:This doesn't even make sense...I alluded to my role as a reason for my unvote so unless you weren't reading:
I actually mis-read it, so I thought you were saying something about someone
else's
role, which is why it pinged my radar.

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:23 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

ClockworkRuse wrote:Admiral, why are you entering the WIFOM area of the nightkills?
I'd rather say something about it rather than not say anything.
Urzassedatives
Urzassedatives
Goon
Urzassedatives
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Urzassedatives »

CR, that is not wifom. Please learn what wifom is.

ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Urzassedatives wrote:CR, that is not wifom. Please learn what wifom is.

Excuse me then, needless speculation.

Expect a post in a little bit.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:55 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

@CR: fair enough

@Destructor: Seems like you think there are scum on CR's wagon because you think CR is town. Do you also think there are scum on Nat's wagon since he's mod-confirmed town?
The end justifies the means.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:45 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In fact I think that might be somewhat scummy trying to get us to focus on only two people.

vote: destructor
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:58 am

Post by destructor »

Maybe. I tend to think that scum will try to avoid voting with their buddies, so it's possible that they were on both wagons. I already mentioned that I thought scum had been on CR's wagon earlier in day 1 and the way the day ended was an affirmation for me.

For me, Nat was more like a policy vote, the least pro-town lynch candidate, since I wanted my vote to be useful at deadline.

If there were scum on both wagons, I want to start with CR's since there are fewer players alive who were on it, which is a smaller sample size to work with and so easier for my head. I think CC was one of the first on and on it at deadline too. Coupling that with his FOSing rofl (who flipped Town), I'm happy to pick up where I left off yesterday.

Also, Nat might have been the traitor. I wonder if anyone actually said they
didn't
want to vote him...
ThAdmiral wrote:knowing him he would have just redoubled his efforts against cr today (who seems to be town)
What made you say CR seemed to be town? And to parrot CR's question, why the needless speculation about the nightkill?

Urz, what are your reasons for voting CC?

Mizzy, what do you make of my case on CC?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”