She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:46 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

also no bloops
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 672, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: 640 bothered me because it was so "mediator-ish" without really adding anything thoughtful. I think we could all see both sides, even if personally we would agree with Gamma or with BQ2: Electric Boogaloo. I don't think it's hard to see that Gamma felt the behavior was manipulative and also that BQ2 did not mean it in that way (or at least says he didn't, which feeds more into it feeling manipulative to Gamma)
And it felt like he had not posted in a while so I went back to see when he posted last and what happened.

So since it's apparent what the situation is, why post at all? 640 feels like a long post about... nothing.

And I didnt remember dave posting recently so I thought "hmm, I'm going to go back and check what has happened between 640 and the last time dave posted because that seems like a scummy "I'm not lurking" post to me. So I did... and while checking when he last posted I read Dave's ISO. It's mostly shading Keyleth, but not trying to start any pressure directly on her.

I think dave is slitherin' rn
VOTE: davesaz
In post 681, davesaz wrote:
In post 675, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: No bloops
VOTE: ssbm_kyouko
I disapprove of anti-bloops too. No intentional pagetops.
In post 766, Dunnstral wrote: Towny: ssbm_Kyouko, Black, Broccoli Quest 2, Elements, Gamma Emerald, Hu Tao, Guillotina, Keyleth, Random Nurse
Null: Cat Scratch Fever, Naerys, TimmerRC
Scummy: davesaz, Celebloki, Andresvmb, KawaiiKame
In post 772, davesaz wrote: VOTE: Dunnstral
Are you openly voting for anyone who suspects you?

681 is weird because it's written out like an rvs vote but it seems clear you voted there because they suspected you.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 720, Black wrote:
In post 719, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
I would like to propose a plan:

Every person list 2-4 people they are sure are town with higher than 90% certainty.

Then we make a pool of 4-5 people who never get voted today.

Then we just wagon a random person who's not in the pool, and repeat the same tomorrow. If the reads are accurate, that gives 33% chance to hit scum each day, or about 60% chance to to succeed on either.

My 2 are Gamma and Nurse btw.
Nice plan, scum
Do you think the plan is scummy or are there other reasons you SR BQ?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 776, Dunnstral wrote: 681 is weird because it's written out like an rvs vote but it seems clear you voted there because they suspected you.
I interpret 681 as again attempting the behavior via negative stimuli, which makes me question why dave expects it to work this time
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Attempting to correct behavior*
Sometimes my brain is faster than my mouth/hand so I skip words
<Embrace The Void>

Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:57 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 749, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
WHy is it scummy to want to know people's reads?

For example I would have wanted to wagon CSF or Keyleth (just outta PoE, not due to anything especially scummy), but it feels like people are implicitly TRing them, and then I feel demotivated to do anything about it because people are like "nah" but there was no explicit consensus TR before that. If we have consensus TRs I can start a wagon which I know could get support.
I like this post because it feels sort of bold? It's openly a strategy I think can be exploited as a wolf and I kind of would expect this to be a bit more coy if it was coming from a wolf if that makes sense? Like, I see the world where a wolf posts this but I see more worlds where a villager does.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 762, Guillotina wrote:
In post 758, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
In post 756, Guillotina wrote: Guillo Bam and Aid
What's that?
Very glad you asked.

The Guillo BAM and AID technique is the process in which everyone has to earn my townread every day as opposed to secretly giving you a score high enough to towncore you for the rest of the game based on your performance on a specific day.

Pros: Keeps the game dynamic
Removes the possibility of scum buddying me once to ride on my favor forever.
It catches deepwolves.
Makes me unpredictable and mafia cant plan around it.

Cons: Very difficult to build a towncore this way.
Builds a level of distrust amongst the actual town as it could be seen as scum keeping the PoE wide instead of narrowing it down.
I like this. I’m gonna use it myself in the future.
Btw what’s the meaning behind the name?
<Embrace The Void>

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Black »

In post 777, Gamma Emerald wrote: Do you think the plan is scummy or are there other reasons you SR BQ?
I just typically scumread plans like this. It always reads as an attempt to get a bunch of information out on the table in order to make the optimal NK's and night targets. I think it could come from town though so it's just meh

You said the plan was "interesting" ...what does that mean? Do you think it's scummy or nah?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Keyleth »

black play here feels very analytical and logical, it's hard for me to wrap a read on that given I'm mostly the other way. Not that I haven't run into people like this but it's a 50/50 most of the time.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 782, Black wrote:
In post 777, Gamma Emerald wrote: Do you think the plan is scummy or are there other reasons you SR BQ?
I just typically scumread plans like this. It always reads as an attempt to get a bunch of information out on the table in order to make the optimal NK's and night targets. I think it could come from town though so it's just meh

You said the plan was "interesting" ...what does that mean? Do you think it's scummy or nah?
I don’t think it’s scummy in isolation; with additional context it could be. But in this instance I think it’s a town move.
<Embrace The Void>

Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:03 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 784, Gamma Emerald wrote:

I don’t think it’s scummy in isolation; with additional context it could be. But in this instance I think it’s a town move.
Really? I've seen that plan executed by wolves before, at least if you put the plan into action given you're asking for support on a wagon and who are the top towns. I think it's a net positive for wolves, while for town it depends on the first hit. So in isolation you can see how the post is sort of wolfy.

However, with the added context with how Broccoli is playing I'm more inclined to believe it's in good faith. Maybe I wouldn't feel this way if I wasn't nodding along with their previous posts but yeah.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:04 am

Post by Black »

One thing I'm kinda upset about is CSF didn't say hi to me at all :cry:

I guess Team Mafia meant nothing to you?

I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:06 am

Post by Black »

In post 783, Keyleth wrote: black play here feels very analytical and logical,
it's hard for me to wrap a read on that given I'm mostly the other way.
Not that I haven't run into people like this but it's a 50/50 most of the time.
In post 785, Keyleth wrote:

Really? I've seen that plan executed by wolves before, at least if you put the plan into action given you're asking for support on a wagon and who are the top towns. I think it's a net positive for wolves, while for town it depends on the first hit. So in isolation you can see how the post is sort of wolfy.

However, with the added context with how Broccoli is playing I'm more inclined to believe it's in good faith. Maybe I wouldn't feel this way if I wasn't nodding along with their previous posts but yeah.
Idk, this kinda feels analytical and logical to me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:08 am

Post by Keyleth »

keyword in that sentence is mostly. :giggle:
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:08 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 787, Black wrote:
In post 783, Keyleth wrote: black play here feels very analytical and logical,
it's hard for me to wrap a read on that given I'm mostly the other way.
Not that I haven't run into people like this but it's a 50/50 most of the time.

Idk, this kinda feels analytical and logical to me
actually same reaction get out of my head charles
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:09 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 776, Dunnstral wrote: 681 is weird because it's written out like an rvs vote
I'm slapping people who intentionally pagetop.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:09 am

Post by davesaz »

This is at least the 3rd game I've done that since hiatus.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Black »

In post 788, Keyleth wrote: keyword in that sentence is mostly. :giggle:
That's fair lol
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:11 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 790, davesaz wrote:
In post 776, Dunnstral wrote: 681 is weird because it's written out like an rvs vote
I'm slapping people who intentionally pagetop.
In post 791, davesaz wrote: This is at least the 3rd game I've done that since hiatus.
OK. So what made you vote for me?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’ve done similar as both alignments, so I can see either doing it. Broccoli’s reasoning matches my typical reasoning when I do these sorts of things as town, and developments earlier in the game also make it make sense more for town to do.
<Embrace The Void>

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:12 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 793, Dunnstral wrote: OK. So what made you vote for me?
You're the next scumlean I wanted to vote.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:14 am

Post by Dunnstral »

davesaz, do you remember 4 hours ago when you made this post?
In post 693, davesaz wrote:
In post 689, Keyleth wrote: Is there uh, anything I can do to help dave?
Quote things and say what you think about them would be a good start. More than just like or don't like. For me to evaluate your alignment (or anyone's) I need to know if what you say makes sense given the events, and that's pretty well impossible without a fair amount of because clauses.
In light of this post, do you think it is fair to say that you are not following your own standards for others as written above?
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:19 am

Post by Keyleth »

Feel free to answer this after your convo with dave Dunn but do you scumread them? I uh, don't really understand the point of that post.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:20 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 766, Dunnstral wrote: Towny: ssbm_Kyouko, Black, Broccoli Quest 2, Elements, Gamma Emerald, Hu Tao, Guillotina, Keyleth, Random Nurse
Null: Cat Scratch Fever, Naerys, TimmerRC
Scummy: davesaz, Celebloki, Andresvmb, KawaiiKame
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:22 am