BooneyToonz XVIII: Lights, Faeries, Action! [END]

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Night Lights »

In post 623, Alianna wrote: I could see it.
What do you see? I'm curious if we're mindmelding on this too
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 624, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 619, Alianna wrote:
In post 618, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 612, Night Lights wrote:
In post 606, Something Cool wrote: Weren't you the one who claimed that optimal strategy is fading the person you are most sure is town every day? How come you don't want to be faded if FYPOV you are the likeliest to be town?
Well first of all I don't think I'm the likeliest to be town in terms of how other players perceive me. I think maybe two people townread me?

Second I think I like me and Alisae's chances of finding other townies in this group

Third I just like the setup and the playerlist and want to keep playing
I can respect the last part, not that I thought I would be the first to be limmed, but I also would rather stick around a bit and play the game.

Like Dragons said, I don't know what Hu is doing here with her reads, but it seems like something scum wouldn't do. Still no chance I would vote for her.

Also Dragons, you should listen to Pythons more lol.
If you don't think scum would do what Hu Tao is doing, why aren't you willing to vote for her? Do you think she's 3p?
You are emphasizing the part where I say it seems like something I don't think that scum would do, but glossing over that I don't know what she is doing.

It doesn't leave me in a comfortable spot to be voting her.

Are you comfortable voting for her?
This vibes town.
Comfortable enough, considering I agree with you that this doesn't seem like scum behaviour from Hu Tao.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:45 am

Post by Something Cool »

In post 613, Aureal wrote:
In post 609, Something Cool wrote:
In post 607, Gamma Emerald wrote: I townread Alianna.
Great. So do I. But nobody wants to spare her right now because "the day phase should be longer".
Not true, I don't want to spare her right now because then I'd be left alone without the only voice of sanity and reason in a pile of loonies. :(
I may be a loony, but I am a loony that vibes with you. That gotta count for something, right?
In post 618, Doctor Drew wrote: Also Dragons, you should listen to Pythons more lol.
Maybe I should. However I refuse on principle to spare a person who calls me Python and then "Dragons" with an S (alluding to STD).
In post 621, Night Lights wrote: UNVOTE:

We're not ending the day yet
Back, I actually think that this type of behavior is anti-town. We need to have wagons that can actually get somewhere to get better reads off people. And I don't even know what we're gonna get from this day phase when it's just you, me and Python arguing, and every 5 pages there's a round of people TRing Alianna. I actually think we need a flip now.
In post 622, Night Lights wrote:
I think Gamma could be scum here
On that, I agree.
Hydra of usesPython (They/Them) and DragonEater70 (He/Him)

Conveniently color coded:
Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 625, Night Lights wrote:
It's some stuff from her ISO yesterday that I didn't notice at the time, so if your read is based on recent stuff it's probably not.
Gamma asked why Kitty, briefly commented on the response from SC but wasn't clear about her Kitty read, said she was fine voting him after an ISO but never explained why, but somehow it's a bad question when you ask about the strength and reason for the read.
In post 270, Gamma Emerald wrote: Why Kitty?
In post 289, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 274, Something Cool wrote:
After Hu Tao said she's confidently TRing him I did an ISO of him and I think he's nulltown.

I also think that mechanically it's more optimal to spare a nulltown on Day 1 than a top townread
UNLESS
we have reason to think that lowering enlightenment/increasing enlightenment has a mechanical effect beside advancing us toward wincon (EX: a town role that only works at 1+ enlightenment would make us want to spare a confident townread Day 1).

Pedit: I am also fine with doing Alianna. What's making you doubt your Hu Tao read?
I think enlightenment might have effects where higher enlightenment gives scum a bonus
There was a mechanic like that in a LT from 2016
In post 309, Gamma Emerald wrote: VOTE: KittyTacky
After an ISO, I’m fine with this
In post 324, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 312, Night Lights wrote:
Is Kitty your top townread? If so then why?
I have not really made efforts to read most of the slots so I can’t really describe him as a top TR. but this question sucks imo

I once again mindmeld with you on [url=viewtopic.php?p=14011931#p14011931]this[/post].
And then she just hasn't townpinged me at all.
So I wouldn't say for sure she's scum or anything, but I can see that world.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Alianna »

Let's fix that.
In post 625, Night Lights wrote:
It's some stuff from her ISO yesterday that I didn't notice at the time, so if your read is based on recent stuff it's probably not.
Gamma asked why Kitty, briefly commented on the response from SC but wasn't clear about her Kitty read, said she was fine voting him after an ISO but never explained why, but somehow it's a bad question when you ask about the strength and reason for the read.
Spoiler: quotes
In post 289, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 274, Something Cool wrote:
After Hu Tao said she's confidently TRing him I did an ISO of him and I think he's nulltown.

I also think that mechanically it's more optimal to spare a nulltown on Day 1 than a top townread
UNLESS
we have reason to think that lowering enlightenment/increasing enlightenment has a mechanical effect beside advancing us toward wincon (EX: a town role that only works at 1+ enlightenment would make us want to spare a confident townread Day 1).

Pedit: I am also fine with doing Alianna. What's making you doubt your Hu Tao read?
I think enlightenment might have effects where higher enlightenment gives scum a bonus
There was a mechanic like that in a LT from 2016
In post 324, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 312, Night Lights wrote:
Is Kitty your top townread? If so then why?
I have not really made efforts to read most of the slots so I can’t really describe him as a top TR. but this question sucks imo

I once again mindmeld with you on this.
And then she just hasn't townpinged me at all.
So I wouldn't say for sure she's scum or anything, but I can see that world.
I townread Alianna.

Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Night Lights »

In post 628, Alianna wrote: It's some stuff from her ISO yesterday that I didn't notice at the time, so if your read is based on recent stuff it's probably not.
Yeah I thought that was weird. I also just think she has some questionable opinions, like thinking ending the Day early is beneficial to the town and being ok with fading a null-ish slot
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:53 am

Post by Night Lights »

In post 627, Something Cool wrote: Back, I actually think that this type of behavior is anti-town. We need to have wagons that can actually get somewhere to get better reads off people. And I don't even know what we're gonna get from this day phase when it's just you, me and Python arguing, and every 5 pages there's a round of people TRing Alianna. I actually think we need a flip now.
Normally I would agree with you on the wagons but I think when we're voting for townie players it's not as important? I could be wrong but I feel like in a normal setup, the wagons can create pressure and as a result we get reactions to said pressure. I do think it's helpful to see who votes with who though so that part at least is supportive of your argument

But saying we need a flip now I just do not agree with at all. The more scum talk the more likely they are to reveal themselves through contradictions and associations with other slots. The longer the Day the more they have to post
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:56 am

Post by Night Lights »

I think reducing the Day to "me, you, and Python arguing" and "people townreading Alianna" isn't fair and isn't true. There's been a lot more than that and it's only been 2 days into the game

Why has your opinion changed on ending the Day early? I'm not really buying the above as a legit reason
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Boonskiies »

INT. VOTE COUNT - DAY 1.06
LEVEL OF ENLIGHTENMENT - ZERO

Alianna [2]:
Something Cool, Gamma Emerald

KittyTacky [1]:
Hu Tao,
Hu Tao [1]:
Alianna,
Something Cool [1]:
KittyTacky
Doctor Drew [1]:
Roden,

Not Voting [3]:
Doctor Drew, Aureal, Night Lights

With
alive, it takes
to
Enlighten

Day 1
ends
(expired on 2023-12-15 13:30:00)

Mod Notes:
:mrgreen:
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:30 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Alianna if you flip town which town reads are you most confident in?
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:40 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 634, Hu Tao wrote: Alianna if you flip town which town reads are you most confident in?
I townread Alianna.

You and Night Lights. Though it kind of scares me how much I've mindmelded with Black lol.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:45 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 635, Alianna wrote:
In post 634, Hu Tao wrote: Alianna if you flip town which town reads are you most confident in?
I townread Alianna.

You and Night Lights. Though it kind of scares me how much I've mindmelded with Black lol.
The thing making me townread Black is also the thing making me paranoid of her. :lol:
That and she's burned me twice.
I townread Alianna.

Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:55 am

Post by Night Lights »

I townread Alianna.

In post 636, Alianna wrote:
I townread Alianna.

The thing making me townread Black is also the thing making me paranoid of her. :lol:
That and she's burned me twice.
:lol:

I don't think we mindmelded in those games so maybe it only happens when I'm town
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:57 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I townread Alianna.

Okay then I should be next. I'm fine with you today
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

:roll:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:22 am

Post by Hu Tao »

:lol:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Aureal »

:o
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Night Lights »

:woman_mage:
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:31 am

Post by Something Cool »

In post 632, Night Lights wrote:
I think reducing the Day to "me, you, and Python arguing" and "people townreading Alianna" isn't fair and isn't true. There's been a lot more than that and it's only been 2 days into the game

Why has your opinion changed on ending the Day early? I'm not really buying the above as a legit reason
In short, both Python and I feel like we're crowding the thread, and I personally feel drained by this day phase.

Maybe you are right and we are getting more content to read off of, I just feel frustrated with how the game is going, because it feels either it's going to be a boring town sweep, or a torturous slow trudge through the day phases.

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Something Cool »

In post 617, Night Lights wrote:
Why am I scum
You kinda had a low key unreasonableness vibe when interacting with Sakura that I don't think you'd have as town

-Python

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:42 am

Post by Night Lights »

In post 643, Something Cool wrote:

In short, both Python and I feel like we're crowding the thread, and I personally feel drained by this day phase.

Maybe you are right and we are getting more content to read off of, I just feel frustrated with how the game is going, because it feels either it's going to be a boring town sweep, or a torturous slow trudge through the day phases.
Ok. I think if you feel drained, or if you feel like you're crowding the thread, then you should just take a step back and chill for a bit. There's no point in promoting something that is anti-town just so you can re-energize yourself. If you are drained or frustrated then relax for a bit. This isn't a slow trudge. This game is actually moving pretty quickly and I feel like we've gotten a lot out of it so far

In the words of Aaron Rodgers...

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:44 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 645, Night Lights wrote:
In post 643, Something Cool wrote:

Ok. I think if you feel drained, or if you feel like you're crowding the thread, then you should just take a step back and chill for a bit. There's no point in promoting something that is anti-town just so you can re-energize yourself. If you are drained or frustrated then relax for a bit. This isn't a slow trudge. This game is actually moving pretty quickly and I feel like we've gotten a lot out of it so far

In the words of Aaron Rodgers...

Quoting Aaron Rodgers??

Black is lock scum for sure.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:44 am

Post by Night Lights »

In post 644, Something Cool wrote:
Why am I scum
You kinda had a low key unreasonableness vibe when interacting with Sakura that I don't think you'd have as town

-Python
Hmm. Ok. I'd have to check the town games you've played with me to see if this is a real thought you'd have but I'm feeling pretty lazy atm

I feel like I was somewhat unreasonable in F&I but I could be wrong. Do you have an opinion on this?
Night Lights
Night Lights
Goon
Night Lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Night Lights »

In post 646, Doctor Drew wrote: Quoting Aaron Rodgers??

Black is lock scum for sure.
Would you rather me quote my Panthers? It pains me to watch this team every week

Something Cool
Something Cool
Goon
Something Cool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:48 am

Post by Something Cool »

In post 647, Night Lights wrote:
In post 644, Something Cool wrote:
Why am I scum

-Python
Hmm. Ok. I'd have to check the town games you've played with me to see if this is a real thought you'd have but I'm feeling pretty lazy atm

I feel like I was somewhat unreasonable in F&I but I could be wrong. Do you have an opinion on this?
You should know by now that we pretty much only ever make "real thought" type pushes as scum anyways, especially d1.

And the only thing I remember about FaI is us pushing Drew and Bulge for the most tinfoil pre-flip associatives on the planet

-Python

Dragon (soft purple)
, Python (no color)

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”