Open 898: Don't Fall In The Volcano! | Game Over!

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:59 am

Post by Aureal »

Votecount 1.07

Klick (3: E-2)
-> Dannflor, FakeGod, Black
Black (3: E-2)
-> Claptastik, DragonEater70, Klick
NekoLover (1)
-> Skygazer

Not Voting (2)
-> Titus, NekoLover

With 9 gladiators in the arena, it takes 5 votes to remove someone from play.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2023-12-26 16:28:30).

Mod Notes: the combined mod ISO can be found here.
Titus has 48 hours from game start ((expired on 2023-12-17 16:20:47)) to confirm her role or a replacement will be sought.
Serious
reminder that role should be confirmed
before
posting in-game.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:11 am

Post by NekoLover »

In post 243, Claptastik wrote: Follow up on Black:
- questions someone else putting out an early town read -
I'd be suprised if someone had a page 1 read on me

- doubts that people have enough info to have a serious read on her this early -
Again, I'd be suprised if someone had a page 1 read on me this early

- puts out a bare town read on neko - "Neko town" is the entire post -
I don't take this seriously at all, seems a bit jokey to me as well

- again doubts that there's enough information to have serious reads yet -
Literally repeating himself

- puts out gut town reads on sky and dragon, now claims that the town read on neko "wasn't real." -
I mean yea, the initial read was obviously a joke,and the gut feelings were just that, gut feelings

- excessively focused with the people who have voted her, votes dragon -
First point here imo; scum are more likely to defend each accusation, and voting dragon here does feel like an attempt to redirect pressure

- backs off the dragon scum read. More concerned with how she appears to others than with generating information to get real reads. -
I mean to be fair, everyone kinda agreed dragon looked less scummy and he explained his reasoning

and and - hey newbie you should town read me -
A town read from a new player like me holds no value, especially when she brings it up so outwardly; I think this was just truly an attempt to understand my thought process, given that i'm someone she hasn't played with

- wishy-washy town read on neko -
Honestly that's just opinion imo, I I know star thinks i'm sus but i'm just playing it safe

- detailed defense. Town getting heat early on D1 tend to just continue on and trust that their town game will become apparent in time. Black is focused on herself this game. -
I do agree with this a fair amount; trying to fight back the votes feels scummy, but I also believe if I was put to E-1 on page 2 I'd have a fair amount of pushback to prevent that from happening again

- naked vote on me. Hey let's see if I can deflect the conversation to someone else. -
This. Black has done a lot of deflecting, and i'm not sure if its just a result of nearly being eliminated page 2 or actual scummy behavior, so I feel neutral on this

- just gross -

- rolleyes response to klick, who made the same observation that I did above, i.e. town!Black would be towning it up -
This is a personal read, so naturally no opinion on it

- vote Klick. I mean WTF, why did you vote me? Apparently not in an attempt to sort me -
Does feel very strange and feels like another attempt at deflecting

This is a really bad ISO.
@black my reasoning
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:16 am

Post by Klick »

In post 261, DragonEater70 wrote: What is "game-running narrative"?
I like that you and Claptastik have voices and I want to add weight to them especially since I don't have particular feelings towards Black!town
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:16 am

Post by Klick »

In post 267, Black wrote:
In post 260, Klick wrote: VOTE: Black

I don't feel certain about Claptastik yet but I'm pretty happy with this as the game-running narrative
This vote is awful btw
This commentary is awful btw
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:18 am

Post by Klick »

In post 269, Black wrote:
In post 265, DragonEater70 wrote: Black how about instead of admiring the coolness of the use of BBCode inside quotes, you give me a rundown of who do ypu actually TR right now and why? I'm specifically interested to know who you TR out of the people on your wagon.
I thin you and Neko are the most likely to be town

I think there's one scum in Clap/Klick. Most likely Klick. Not sure if they are partnered but I'm worried about it. I'm not sure if partners would vote together like this
In post 271, Black wrote: Dragon why is Klick your top townread?
After our conversation earlier about how you weren't sure how to read me, I'm far from convinced you have as strong feelings about me being scum as are conveyed in your recent posts

I find it more likely you're pushing this harder in direct response to the pressure on you
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:19 am

Post by Klick »

In post 272, NekoLover wrote:
In post 266, Black wrote:
In post 221, NekoLover wrote: Honestly my feeling is that you and black are both town and its just you two being extra picky over each other; the E-1 on page 2 seemed very random, and I have a feeling would've been hammered without much info if I didn't Unvote. I think sky is also another case of aggressive townie, my gut feeling right now is saying that titus and maybe klick is scum; Dannflor doesn't really rub off as scum but i haven't had the chance to really interact with them to be fair
In post 262, NekoLover wrote: Yea considering everything I'm now starting to feel like black is scum

VOTE: Black

That should be black E-1
I'm having a hard time believing this progression. I don't think anything Clap said should convince anyone that I'm scum, and if you think Klick is likely scum then it makes me wonder why you decided to join the wagon he's on instead of questioning "hmm could this be a mislim?"
Honestly at this point I'm going mentally back and forth and I've realized I've dug myself into a very deep mental game I wasn't expecting
Welcome to the asylum, enjoy your stay :D
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:20 am

Post by Black »

In post 301, NekoLover wrote: @black my reasoning
Doesn't really feel strong enough to convince you I'm scum, but you seem easily swayed and paranoid so I'm willing to chalk it up to personality

For the record I defend myself excessively as town. Obviously I can recreate this as scum but that alone is NAI (non-alignment indicative)

As far as deflecting, I find it funny that you and Clap think I'm scummy for focusing on myself and then when I look elsewhere to try and sort it's called deflecting :lol:
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:22 am

Post by Klick »

In post 282, Black wrote: I'm the type of player that doesn't respond well to pressure. I get focused on everyone's shitty scumreads on me and it derails the game and it's not fun for anyone
Somewhat same
I've been working on my responses to pressure, but my buttons can be pushed the wrong way
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:22 am

Post by NekoLover »

In post 306, Black wrote:
In post 301, NekoLover wrote: @black my reasoning
Doesn't really feel strong enough to convince you I'm scum, but you seem easily swayed and paranoid so I'm willing to chalk it up to personality

For the record I defend myself excessively as town. Obviously I can recreate this as scum but that alone is NAI (non-alignment indicative)

As far as deflecting, I find it funny that you and Clap think I'm scummy for focusing on myself and then when I look elsewhere to try and sort it's called deflecting :lol:
Yea currently I don't trust my own feelings; once i get rooted into a social deduction game my opinions become much more concrete but this is still fresh water for me so naturally i'm a bit inclined to shift who i trust
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:23 am

Post by Black »

In post 304, Klick wrote:
In post 265, DragonEater70 wrote: Black how about instead of admiring the coolness of the use of BBCode inside quotes, you give me a rundown of who do ypu actually TR right now and why? I'm specifically interested to know who you TR out of the people on your wagon.

I think there's one scum in Clap/Klick. Most likely Klick. Not sure if they are partnered but I'm worried about it. I'm not sure if partners would vote together like this
After our conversation earlier about how you weren't sure how to read me, I'm far from convinced you have as strong feelings about me being scum as are conveyed in your recent posts

I find it more likely you're pushing this harder in direct response to the pressure on you
Why are you assuming I have strong feelings about you being scum? I think you're the most likely to be scum here but that doesn't mean the feelings are strong. This just feels like shade. Town!you would more than likely ask me how strong my feelings are instead of just jumping to conclusions to make me look worse
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:25 am

Post by Klick »

In post 290, Black wrote:
In post 278, DragonEater70 wrote: and I am going to make your life hard, intentionally
Like what the fuck is this? You don't want to sort me. You just want to be right about me so you can say "OoO I caught scum Black!!11!!"

I'M TOWN
If you're town I'm the wrong person to counter-push. I somewhat understand your concerns about my vote on you, but I feel that most of the votes on me have been just as lazy, and the difference is just that the vote is on you instead of me.

We're in similar spots if you're town. If that's the case then I think the scum are more likely to be in the quieter crowd.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:30 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: claptastic
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:30 am

Post by Dannflor »

I am not going to explain my original klick read or push specifically to piss Dragons off
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:31 am

Post by Black »

I think the three people on my wagon are sorting me in bad faith. There's a lot of reasons that are either NAI or a huge stretch, like they are jumping through hoops to paint me as scum

Dragon does this as town a lot and I just feel like he's in his tunneled town meta

I'm not familiar with Clap so the jury is still out here

Klick's townplay is generally very good and I'm legitimately shocked he agrees with some of the reasons being presented against me, so I think it's more likely he's just scum going along with the easy counterwagon
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:32 am

Post by Klick »

In post 309, Black wrote:
In post 304, Klick wrote:

Why are you assuming I have strong feelings about you being scum? I think you're the most likely to be scum here but that doesn't mean the feelings are strong. This just feels like shade. Town!you would more than likely ask me how strong my feelings are instead of just jumping to conclusions to make me look worse
Why are you assuming I think you have *strong* feelings about me being scum? I think the urgency you're conveying in your posts about the potential of me being scum is strong relative to how much evidence you seem to be working with.

...or we could avoid the semantic argument and talk about more important things.

I don't think your vote on me holds water. I think it's there because you're feeling defensive and want a plausible counterwagon. What I want to discern is whether that's town defensive or scum defensive.

If you're town, I want to get somewhere with you beyond vague baseline paranoia.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:32 am

Post by Dannflor »

but i think klick is more likely to be town now for *reasons*

currently think claptastic is the most likely slot to flip scum

maybe followed by neko but that’s a less defined read

Basically i think clap’s catchup and jump on Black was way over justified and more focused on looking townie than anything else
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:32 am

Post by Klick »

In post 313, Black wrote:Klick's townplay is generally very good and I'm legitimately shocked he agrees with some of the reasons being presented against me, so I think it's more likely he's just scum going along with the easy counterwagon
I agree with zero of the reasons but I don't think that means you're town
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:33 am

Post by Black »

Like I think town!Klick sees poor reasons being used to push someone and he questions them. Instead he is just blindly following them. It doesn't track with how I would expect Klick to sort here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:35 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 289, Black wrote:
In post 287, DragonEater70 wrote: It's a fucking game
Yeah and it's supposed to be fun, but instead I wake up to being put at e-1 based on yet another shitty scumcase on me, you joining the wagon and rallying others to join, and Klick's scummy vote

Ya'll are annoying af. Let me breathe
In post 290, Black wrote:
In post 278, DragonEater70 wrote: and I am going to make your life hard, intentionally
Like what the fuck is this? You don't want to sort me. You just want to be right about me so you can say "OoO I caught scum Black!!11!!"

I'M TOWN
I'm sorry that you are not having fun, Black. I really am.

I really don't enjoy being a dick to people, especially to people I like. I do think I have stayed within the boundaries of what's allowed in a game of Mafia, but if you think I did something that was inappropriate, rude, offensive or personal, please let me know so I can apologize and correct my behavior.

I am going to take a break from this site until tomorrow because I really don't enjoy toxic arguments.

Meanwhile, you win. I'm unvoting you.

UNVOTE: Black
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:36 am

Post by Klick »

In post 317, Black wrote: Like I think town!Klick sees poor reasons being used to push someone and he questions them. Instead he is just blindly following them. It doesn't track with how I would expect Klick to sort here
This is an inaccurate read
I do not have patience to whack away at weeds
I will settle for a pretty garden
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:36 am

Post by Black »

In post 314, Klick wrote: Why are you assuming I think you have *strong* feelings about me being scum? I think the urgency you're conveying in your posts about the potential of me being scum is strong relative to how much evidence you seem to be working with.
You interpreted a post where I asked Dragon to explain his townread on you as me having strong feelings that you're scum. I don't agree with the townreads so I want to hear why people have them. It's really not that hard to understand
In post 314, Klick wrote: I don't think your vote on me holds water. I think it's there because you're feeling defensive and want a plausible counterwagon. What I want to discern is whether that's town defensive or scum defensive.

If you're town, I want to get somewhere with you beyond vague baseline paranoia.
shrug

I don't really care. I don't have many strong feelings about anyone and so far your behavior is the scummiest thing to me, so yeah I'm going to vote for you
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:36 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think Black is more likely to be town right now. I dont have a lock read yet but im confident i can get a very confident read there given enough time

I have an extremely good record of reading Black and if people can find me as town it would be cool if people trusted that

Dragon I believe it’s obvious he wants to catch scum!black and will do so by tunneling her regardless of her alignment so he can say he caught her
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:37 am

Post by Dannflor »

Black i would prefer you voted for clap
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:37 am

Post by Black »

In post 316, Klick wrote:
In post 313, Black wrote:Klick's townplay is generally very good and I'm legitimately shocked he agrees with some of the reasons being presented against me, so I think it's more likely he's just scum going along with the easy counterwagon
I agree with zero of the reasons but I don't think that means you're town
???

So you see people casing me for like 10 reasons that you don't agree with and you have no reaction to it at all?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:37 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think klick is approaching this in a way that doesn’t optically make him look very good

Clap intentionally is

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”