Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:17 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 449, Purplemango wrote: What do you mean?
In post 444, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: Also I seem to be the only one who thought this looked like rolefishing
You should ask Kyouko what she meant
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:24 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 447, DragonEater70 wrote: What roles could it fish?
No idea, just emphasizing "can't" versus "won't" pings me, that's a common way for fishing to happen
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Purplemango
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him + any neos

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:28 am

Post by Purplemango »

In post 451, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 447, DragonEater70 wrote: What roles could it fish?
No idea, just emphasizing "can't" versus "won't" pings me, that's a common way for fishing to happen
What you mean in "fishing"?
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:49 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

role-fishing/rolefishing/fishing, means someone is asking probing questions that could lead to a power role (PR) giving a clue or admitting that they are a PR. You could probably argue that trying to figure out if someone is a VT is also rolefishing but usually the connotation is power-rolefishing. It is
typically
scum-indicative (scum wants to find and kill the PRs) but sometimes is done by town PRs that might want information on who else is a PR to aid their own decisionmaking. Like a Doctor might want to protect PRs, or a Cop would not want to investigate another PR that may be able to clear themselves with their claim down the line

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:55 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 24, Flavor Leaf wrote: there's other reasons for Dragoneater to state the sheeping comment other than what comes across at face value. They could be reaction testing me. They could be trying to setup an early pocket (I think this is rather bold if so because it would always illicit some people attacking the idea).
In post 303, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 302, Celebloki wrote:illicit
Illicit? Like smuggling???
obligatory, didn't notice it the first time around

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:06 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Spoiler: long quoted post
In post 62, cw357 wrote:
In post 29, DragonEater70 wrote: Though, thinking about it, I wouldn't
mind
pocketing Flavor, but that would probably require more effort than I am willing to put in for Day 1.
could be joke
i do see jokes here
but are jokes allowed?? :/
In post 30, Pavowski wrote: This checks out. Dragon town.
too jumpy, but not sussy-jumpy
more incompetent jumpy
imaginge you say someone venting adn you said

OHH MY GOODNESS BIG DADDY I SEE THE IMPROSOTR
but it was just an engineer
well that makes me think he do be just a jumpy conslusioner idk idk idk
In post 47, Thomith wrote:
In post 46, Pavowski wrote: *pokes thread with a stick*

What, do you people have jobs or something?

Somebody vote Kyouko for that smell thing, that was weird, wasn't it?

That way I can defend her and be all "nah that's totally normal, actually"
I'm finding myself not liking this post. Its giving me a weird gut ping that it feels fake but I dont know how to explain it fully.

You mentioned earlier that we were early on in the day, but here you are acting like there is a sense of urgency that feels like a subtle contradiction.

Why are you trying to get other people to vote Kyouko for something that you find weird? Why not lead the charge yourself if you want to get the game moving?
thomith is gutreading rvs posts LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO

wow u r a sus
maybe thomith/kyouko scumteam
I CALLED IT

IF THE IMPOSTORS WIN YOU WILL SEE THEM SHOW UP AND YOUW ILL SE THEM
I CALLED IT
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Thomith
I AM SMARTER THAN ALL OF YOU (in my humble opinion)

I think a lot of people are mostly ignoring cw - I know I was, but if you actually read what he's saying there are coherent thoughts there. He's making a lot of Among Us comparisons I don't fully understand (never played, but have some peripheral knowledge of how it works). This in particular
"I AM SMARTER THAN ALL OF YOU
(in my humble opinion)
"
I think reveals the deeper thinking is happening and he's hiding it under the shitposting.

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:14 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Does this develop into a read on cw?
cw357
cw357
Goon
cw357
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:34 am

Post by cw357 »

In post 247, Joyboy wrote: VOTE: CW
THIS MEAT IS TERRIBLE! HEALTHY BUT TERRIBLE!
LETS GET IT OUT OF HERE SO WE CAN GET TO THE GOOD MEAT TOMORROW
people who actively try to pl are auto-impostor
VOTE: Joyboy
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:38 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 150, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 147, Abnegation wrote:
In post 139, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 53, HighPrincessErinys wrote:

I'm finding myself not liking this post. Its giving me a weird gut ping that it feels fake but I dont know how to explain it fully.

You mentioned earlier that we were early on in the day, but here you are acting like there is a sense of urgency that feels like a subtle contradiction.

Why are you trying to get other people to vote Kyouko for something that you find weird? Why not lead the charge yourself if you want to get the game moving?
In post 48, Thomith wrote: UNVOTE:
VOTE: Pavowski

Thomith don't you think maybe you're jumping the gun a bit?
Pavowski's post seems a little, teensy tiny bit, blatantly, shitposty.
Second post by HPE that pinged me as scummy

VOTE: HPE
i don't see it.
why do you think it's scummy?
It just doesn't feel like how town would naturally react to that post, I guess?
In post 151, DragonEater70 wrote: Like I think town would rather ask Thomith about their read instead of trying to stop him?
Reading these I initially follow DE's logic, but thinking on it a little longer, the bolded sort of does both of what DE is saying - it is simultaneously asking Thomith about his read and
leading
Thomith to challenge his initial reaction.

The only way to answer that question honestly is to think to yourself, "Did I jump the gun?" - if Thomith decides he didn't, he probably explains his read in responding. For example, (not an actual quote) "No, I don't think I jumped the gun. It may seem too early to tell, but I think Pavowski really is a scummy mcscumbutt for <tonal reason/vibe>". If he decides he did jump the gun, then he acknowledges it and probably moves on.

The way that abnegation starts defending HPE following this, I think I understand (don't agree though) where people are getting the idea these two are scum together, but need to keep reading

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:42 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 458, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 150, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 147, Abnegation wrote:
In post 139, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 53, HighPrincessErinys wrote:

In post 48, Thomith wrote: UNVOTE:
VOTE: Pavowski

Thomith don't you think maybe you're jumping the gun a bit?
Pavowski's post seems a little, teensy tiny bit, blatantly, shitposty.
Second post by HPE that pinged me as scummy

i don't see it.
why do you think it's scummy?
It just doesn't feel like how town would naturally react to that post, I guess?
In post 151, DragonEater70 wrote: Like I think town would rather ask Thomith about their read instead of trying to stop him?
Reading these I initially follow DE's logic, but thinking on it a little longer, the bolded sort of does both of what DE is saying - it is simultaneously asking Thomith about his read and
leading
Thomith to challenge his initial reaction.

The only way to answer that question honestly is to think to yourself, "Did I jump the gun?" - if Thomith decides he didn't, he probably explains his read in responding. For example, (not an actual quote) "No, I don't think I jumped the gun. It may seem too early to tell, but I think Pavowski really is a scummy mcscumbutt for <tonal reason/vibe>". If he decides he did jump the gun, then he acknowledges it and probably moves on.

The way that abnegation starts defending HPE following this, I think I understand (don't agree though) where people are getting the idea these two are scum together, but need to keep reading
Adding onto this (got a phone call and had some work pop up while writing this post and forgot to finish my point) - 151 from DE feels like it's the result of looking at HPE's question at a surface level. Whether that's town surface level or scum surface level I can't tell, but DE if you are town you should reconsider this point

cw357
cw357
Goon
cw357
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:48 am

Post by cw357 »

In post 444, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 335, Pavowski wrote:
In post 327, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 323, Flavor Leaf wrote: what's the HPE case? I reread ISO, and I dont necessarily feel it.
pinged me, can't say more than that

is weird to me because why does it care that thomith is "jumping the gun" in RVS? You kinda have to force scumreads in RVS if you ever wanna get out of it. I don't feel HPE's reaction is the natural town reaction.

presents something that is either NAI or towny (change in the way Lap looks at Pav,
after a reread, mind you
) as scummy to justify a vote, and it's also over-explainy in my opinion.
In post 321, Hu Tao wrote: All roads always lead back to this VOTE: HPE
I'm trying to see the case for HPE but it's just not clicking for me.

44 seems entirely benign -- DE is it that you "can't" say more -- because there's nothing more to say -- or that you "won't -- because you don't want to?

I just disagree on 53 because that sentiment from HPE was also my feeling. I agree we have to get out of RVS sometime, but I did feel like Thom was trying real hard to make something out of what I felt was pretty obviously Not a Thing

Re: 240, I gave thoughts on Lap's change of heart before: how the change of heart looks depends entirely on what you think of Lap going in. Given HPE's professed scumread there, reading Lap in that light makes sense.

All of this could be fakery of course, but That One feels legit enough to me right now.
Also I seem to be the only one who thought this looked like rolefishing
tbh i dont understand how this could fish anything
like you would have to be severely challenged at mafia to get fished by this

thom making random reads to get us out of rvs is good, impstrs wnat rvs to keep going on and on so that we make some idiotic hang choice

I get the argument that HPE's post is not worded well, tonally at least, but DE I think is being opportunistic. tbh I see a Thomith/DE scumteam here

Thomith - ppl contradict each other constantly in RVS, major opportunism factor
DE - honestly i think DE is bussing his partner here, but simultaneously saving him by saying HPE/Thomith scumteam, let's hang HPE, then HPE flips town and suspicion averted from Thomith. When people make reads I think are stupid (usually scumeads on me) I tell them to stfu all the time and that's not any different from what's going on here, albeit more mildly. People vote each other for shitposting all the time in RVS an iirc that's not a valid argument in any way, shape or form.

I'm going to try and go through post history tonight to find something AI i guess.

but shitposting is more fun tbh
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:51 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 459, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: but DE if you are town you should reconsider this point
I have reconsidered, and then re-reconsodered, and then reconsidered again and re-reconsodered again.

How about that
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:52 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

So I'd say I'm considering HPE until there's a very good reason to consider it
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:53 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I'd say I'm done considering HPE*
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:54 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 460, cw357 wrote:
In post 444, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 335, Pavowski wrote:
In post 327, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 323, Flavor Leaf wrote: what's the HPE case? I reread ISO, and I dont necessarily feel it.
pinged me, can't say more than that

is weird to me because why does it care that thomith is "jumping the gun" in RVS? You kinda have to force scumreads in RVS if you ever wanna get out of it. I don't feel HPE's reaction is the natural town reaction.

presents something that is either NAI or towny (change in the way Lap looks at Pav,
after a reread, mind you
) as scummy to justify a vote, and it's also over-explainy in my opinion.
In post 321, Hu Tao wrote: All roads always lead back to this VOTE: HPE
I'm trying to see the case for HPE but it's just not clicking for me.

44 seems entirely benign -- DE is it that you "can't" say more -- because there's nothing more to say -- or that you "won't -- because you don't want to?

I just disagree on 53 because that sentiment from HPE was also my feeling. I agree we have to get out of RVS sometime, but I did feel like Thom was trying real hard to make something out of what I felt was pretty obviously Not a Thing

Re: 240, I gave thoughts on Lap's change of heart before: how the change of heart looks depends entirely on what you think of Lap going in. Given HPE's professed scumread there, reading Lap in that light makes sense.

All of this could be fakery of course, but That One feels legit enough to me right now.
Also I seem to be the only one who thought this looked like rolefishing
tbh i dont understand how this could fish anything
like you would have to be severely challenged at mafia to get fished by this

thom making random reads to get us out of rvs is good, impstrs wnat rvs to keep going on and on so that we make some idiotic hang choice

I get the argument that HPE's post is not worded well, tonally at least, but DE I think is being opportunistic. tbh I see a Thomith/DE scumteam here

Thomith - ppl contradict each other constantly in RVS, major opportunism factor
DE - honestly i think DE is bussing his partner here, but simultaneously saving him by saying HPE/Thomith scumteam, let's hang HPE, then HPE flips town and suspicion averted from Thomith. When people make reads I think are stupid (usually scumeads on me) I tell them to stfu all the time and that's not any different from what's going on here, albeit more mildly. People vote each other for shitposting all the time in RVS an iirc that's not a valid argument in any way, shape or form.

I'm going to try and go through post history tonight to find something AI i guess.

but shitposting is more fun tbh
I didn't get who am I bussing? Thomith? I never even shaded him, much less voted.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:00 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 166, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 8, Purplemango wrote: Hellooo
Hey Purple, if you were a night 0 cop, who would be your guilty? And who would be your inno?
Posts like this also make a lot more sense knowing you know Purple irl too

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:14 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 240, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 236, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 233, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Lemme check myself before taking someone this one is wary of at face value
Okay checks out thank you :salute:
VOTE: Laplacian
To elaborate this one disagrees on Abne doing nothing but illusory acts of help, but more importantly just doesn't really think there's that "comedic veneer" from Pavowski and that and are secretly totally serious. ESPECIALLY not a fan of the sudden mood change after a reread, compare and contrast how and talk about Pavowski. Still don't like those early posts but certainly willing to write things off. It reeks of "scum failed to get people to kill this guy so they're walking away and saying 'yeah but i think they're cool now'".
Just to be clear, this one says it
disagrees
with Laplacian's assessment of Pavowski's and , right? Or is this one saying it thinks that Pavowski was being serious in 46/51 without a "comedic veneer"?

(Am I using this one's pronouns right, I'm not sure if I should use "you/your" or "this one/this one's")

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:20 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 269, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 233, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Lemme check myself before taking someone this one is wary of at face value
Looks like you're just voting them since you're getting heat too.

My reaction when I read this the first time through was "what heat", and rereading, trying to be less tunneled on Laplacian and more aware of what else is going on in the thread, I still think "what heat"? Must be Thomith/DE? Or was it just DE at this point when it voted Laplacian?

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:21 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

^checking this one myself I guess that question is a bit rhetorical but I'm still curious as to what you perceived as "heat" when you made

Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:27 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 457, cw357 wrote:
In post 247, Joyboy wrote: VOTE: CW
THIS MEAT IS TERRIBLE! HEALTHY BUT TERRIBLE!
LETS GET IT OUT OF HERE SO WE CAN GET TO THE GOOD MEAT TOMORROW
people who actively try to pl are auto-impostor
VOTE: Joyboy
I actually agree with this. Policy elims are terrible
Purplemango
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him + any neos

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:27 am

Post by Purplemango »

In post 448, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 446, Purplemango wrote: (I can say that as long as I don't try to provide evidence, yes?)
Yeah, as long as you don't take a picture of the dice

I got laplacian, but if I'm not mistaken laplacian is On E-2 (?) so it's probably not such a good idea to vote for laplacian right now, maybe later
Anyway, I would prefer this out of the two because of that
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:31 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 467, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 269, Hu Tao wrote:
Looks like you're just voting them since you're getting heat too.

My reaction when I read this the first time through was "what heat", and rereading, trying to be less tunneled on Laplacian and more aware of what else is going on in the thread, I still think "what heat"? Must be Thomith/DE? Or was it just DE at this point when it voted Laplacian?
When I post I read in real time. So at the time of that post there were discussions about HPE. So it looks like it just voted to push the lap narrative.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:33 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Kyouko did you ever reply to my post asking if you see any similarities between this game and the smugglers game for HPE? I have a tendency to scumread HPE a lot, so not sure.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Looking back I thought hpe had more votes at the time but I think it was just dragon voting and unvoting. I also unvoted HPE when it explained the reasoning later on in a different post.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:46 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 322, Hu Tao wrote: Only thing holding me back is I always scumread it early. HPE has a habit of doing something scummy early and then it's town after flip. Just like the smugglers game. Kyouko, taking your tunnel out of consideration, thoughts on HPE?
I'm back here now in rereading and this is why I was rereading in the first place - it seems fine to me, I think it's demonstrating it's thought process and I'm not pinged by anything it's done to this point (unless I'm wrong in my interpretation of . Even then I'm just curious as to why it thinks 46/51 are serious attempts to set up a push on me.)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”