Mini 2321: Classic Commercials (Postgame)

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:32 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

flavor

VC 2.04
VC 2.04

Dunnstral (4): Hu Tao, Celebloki, AnimatedWiz, Roden
Celebloki (4): Thomith, Flavor Leaf, Naerys, Bingle
Naerys (1): SirCakez
AnimatedWiz (1): Dunnstral

Not voting (1): RCEnigma

It takes 6 votes to eliminate someone.

Deadline: (expired on 2023-12-28 00:59:40).

Combined mod ISO: here.
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:39 am

Post by Celebloki »

Maybe FL, Dunn, Roden is a good solve. Bingle or RC could be in there swapping one of the others out. There's definitely scum somewhere in those 5. Probably 2.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:49 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Why is Roden voting for me?

I feel like I'm onto something in pointing to AnimatedWiz only being able to talk about me or defend themselves.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:57 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1052, Dunnstral wrote: Why is anyone voting for me?
FTFY
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1051, Celebloki wrote: Maybe FL, Dunn, Roden is a good solve. Bingle or RC could be in there swapping one of the others out. There's definitely scum somewhere in those 5. Probably 2.
I’m gonna laugh post game if you named half the playerlist and hit 0 scum.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:00 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Celebloki is being weird and decided trying to get themselves eliminated is a good play. I think It is a better idea to go for someone playing in the background this day phase.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:04 am

Post by Dunnstral »

People playing in the background this day phase: AnimatedWiz, Hu Tao, RCEnigma, SirCakez, Thomith
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:07 am

Post by Celebloki »

idk what your talking about, it's a truly masterful play /s. My whole goal here is to get people talking and out of the background. If scum want my wagon to succeed they either need to hop on it or try to push more townies onto it.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Dunnstral »

You are going off the assumption that mafia are scrambling to try to save me and piling onto you. I'm not mafia so likely mafia are instead sitting back doing nothing, if you are town. I find Thomith's current position suspect, they apparently want to vote me out but are voting for you instead. AnimatedWiz's iso is 85% about me and 10% defending themself. I mean look at this:
Spoiler:

Hu Tao pops in every so often to say we should eliminate someone but gives no reasoning and then makes a filler post and leaves, and then 24 hours later comes back in and says we should eliminate the same person again with no new reasoning. SirCakez seems to be busy but is angling for you in their latest post - it's a bit of a mystery what they think about me. RCEnigma's last post is saying we need votes for pressure and they're the only player not voting. They have offered some talk of the wagon but not much else, including not giving a clear stance - they just call it 'interesting'.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:01 am

Post by Celebloki »

You're making a lot of sense. I can be behind moving off you onto RC or Cakez. I'm still inclined on giving Hu a pass for today because she plays like this as town anyway.

I'm actually more interested in flip flopping on Naerys. I've also been giving her a pass because I felt like she normally also plays in the background like this, but her last post pinged me. She's responding to my hyperbolic

Spoiler:
In post 1029, Celebloki wrote: Aww man, nothing happened while I was gone. The soup was good. I'm fine with the people voting me, more people should vote me.

I just love all the people coming around saying, "We have 37 days left, lets take it slow" then they leave. Before you know it, everyone will be in here panic-wagoning everyone under the sun 6 hours before deadline because everyone procrastinated.

My criticism in the above was mostly aimed at posts like she makes:
In post 937, Naerys wrote: How about slowing down a bit? E-2 when we have like 8 days left?

Comes in and criticizes wagons without adding anything, says to slow down, then disappears again. I've been in too many games recently where the town lukewarmly plods along saying things like this, then we get to deadline and everyone's panicking pushing claims before settling on a mislim.

In post 1036, Naerys wrote: We have over 6 days left and Cele whimpers something about panic wagoning. Kindly stop trying to make ppl panic, when there is plenty of time left and we have solid targets of suspiction. It feels kinda scummy

Funnily enough she comes into to say the thing I'm criticizing her about. I wasn't panic wagoning in my post, I was saying people like her need to get more active and not lead us into a panic wagon at deadline. Why does everyone seem to want to coast through the Day phase saying to slow down, but then never actually come in and advance anything.

VOTE: Naerys
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:07 am

Post by Celebloki »

I'm not saying people should have come in and finished your wagon with the last votes on it, but at least come in and defend it, push it, analyze people on it, something. Not complacently say we have time to slack off and do nothing.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:16 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1049, Celebloki wrote: Then vote me out to break up some of those misconceptions. See my flip and maybe let the game start progressing instead of flaccidly plodding along. Pay attention to who let me egg them onto my wagon and who avoided it with a ten foot pole.

At this point I do think FL is probably scum. I think Thomith is confused about what I going on about and Naerys let me egg her onto my wagon. Maybe Bingle is town.

idk why people think I'm panicking, I'm pushing my own wagon since it's the only one people seem to care about. I'm not trying to get people off of it lol. I don't consider what I'm doing as throwing btw. I'm pulling a D1 FL that my flip will maybe galvanize the game to start moving forward.
Why are you acting like your fate is sealed? There's an equal counter wagon and a lot of time left today..
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:16 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1058, Dunnstral wrote: You are going off the assumption that mafia are scrambling to try to save me and piling onto you. I'm not mafia so likely mafia are instead sitting back doing nothing, if you are town. I find Thomith's current position suspect, they apparently want to vote me out but are voting for you instead. AnimatedWiz's iso is 85% about me and 10% defending themself. I mean look at this:
Spoiler:

Hu Tao pops in every so often to say we should eliminate someone but gives no reasoning and then makes a filler post and leaves, and then 24 hours later comes back in and says we should eliminate the same person again with no new reasoning. SirCakez seems to be busy but is angling for you in their latest post - it's a bit of a mystery what they think about me. RCEnigma's last post is saying we need votes for pressure and they're the only player not voting. They have offered some talk of the wagon but not much else, including not giving a clear stance - they just call it 'interesting'.
I need to read the back pages before I have a take on you because it seems like the wagon formed while I wasn't here
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:24 am

Post by Roden »

VOTE: Wiz
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:25 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1056, Dunnstral wrote: People playing in the background this day phase: AnimatedWiz, Hu Tao, RCEnigma, SirCakez, Thomith
How am I in the background?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:30 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1055, Dunnstral wrote: Celebloki is being weird and decided trying to get themselves eliminated is a good play. I think It is a better idea to go for someone playing in the background this day phase.
You were still the main wagon, but if scum were already on you, they don’t have that much leverage to push you further so i feel like this is Celeb bluffing bravado. I’ve never seen Celebloki play like this, so it does feel scummy.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1059, Celebloki wrote: You're making a lot of sense. I can be behind moving off you onto RC or Cakez. I'm still inclined on giving Hu a pass for today because she plays like this as town anyway.

I'm actually more interested in flip flopping on Naerys. I've also been giving her a pass because I felt like she normally also plays in the background like this, but her last post pinged me. She's responding to my hyperbolic

Spoiler:
In post 1029, Celebloki wrote: Aww man, nothing happened while I was gone. The soup was good. I'm fine with the people voting me, more people should vote me.

I just love all the people coming around saying, "We have 37 days left, lets take it slow" then they leave. Before you know it, everyone will be in here panic-wagoning everyone under the sun 6 hours before deadline because everyone procrastinated.

My criticism in the above was mostly aimed at posts like she makes:
In post 937, Naerys wrote: How about slowing down a bit? E-2 when we have like 8 days left?

Comes in and criticizes wagons without adding anything, says to slow down, then disappears again. I've been in too many games recently where the town lukewarmly plods along saying things like this, then we get to deadline and everyone's panicking pushing claims before settling on a mislim.

In post 1036, Naerys wrote: We have over 6 days left and Cele whimpers something about panic wagoning. Kindly stop trying to make ppl panic, when there is plenty of time left and we have solid targets of suspiction. It feels kinda scummy

Funnily enough she comes into to say the thing I'm criticizing her about. I wasn't panic wagoning in my post, I was saying people like her need to get more active and not lead us into a panic wagon at deadline. Why does everyone seem to want to coast through the Day phase saying to slow down, but then never actually come in and advance anything.

VOTE: Naerys
I didn't include Naerys in my list because when reading her iso I found her to be more aggressive which did not fit with what I was saying. She has a low post count but it is not a large gap from her day 1 play and the posts she does have don't feel like trying to do nothing.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I also specifically know Naerys as a thorny player, and Celebloki was in the 2 games I saw this in, so idk why that stands out for Naerys here.

I’m picking up big frantic vibes that I have never felt from Celeb before.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Roden’s Wiz vote is potentially momentum shifting, and could be a Celeb partner.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1064, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1056, Dunnstral wrote: People playing in the background this day phase: AnimatedWiz, Hu Tao, RCEnigma, SirCakez, Thomith
How am I in the background?
You mostly respond to suspicion on yourself or pop in to say you're "still fine" with your vote:

Spoiler:
In post 836, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 832, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 830, Hu Tao wrote: Interesting night kill?
lol

VOTE: Hu Tao
Why am I scum again?
In post 888, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 861, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 858, Dunnstral wrote: They feel manipulative. Going after Gob yesterday and pushing Bingle and I today.
I feel I’m pushing Hu Tao more than Bingle here. Me being alive makes Bingle town more likely after their setup yesterday.
Still not sure why I'm being scum read by you. Can you explain?
In post 889, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 869, Flavor Leaf wrote: End of day

gob
(7): Roden,
ssbm_kyouko
, AnimatedWiz, Naerys, Flavor Leaf, RCEnigma, Dunnstral
SirCakez (2): Thomith, Hu Tao
RCEnigma (1): SirCakez
ssbm_kyouko (1): Celebloki
Flavor Leaf (1):
gob

Roden (1): Bingle

Who was the counterwagon? Cakez? I think Wiz was the main counterwagon of Day 1.

gob
(4): SirCakez, Bingle, Roden, Flavor Leaf
AnimatedWiz (3):
ssbm_kyouko
, Hu Tao, Dunnstral
Flavor Leaf (1):
gob

Hu Tao (1): Naerys
RCEnigma (1): RCEnigma
Dunnstral (1): Thomith
ssbm_kyouko
(1): AnimatedWiz

Not voting (1): Celebloki

Roden and I being on Gob for both of these, Roden never leaving, is pretty townie for them, imo. Like, I just don't see the purpose of going for Gob that way as scum. I won't use that defense for me, but there were much better pushes. It's confirmed to have been a lhf fade. The AnimatedWiz wagon looks bad here. It's a 'there's scum on the wagon, or Wiz is scum' kinda thing.

Gob wagon can have scum or not, i think Gob's the type that scum would for sure just let town try to misfade, which is why I think it's not impossible for either 1.05 or end of day to be all town.

That being said, I think there's only 1 max scum on Gob in 1.05. If there are 2, it doesn't make a lot of sense here that Gob wagon stayed as the main one, even after Bingle/Cakez moved away. And I already explained why it's kinda weird for Roden (and myself, but I digress) to stay on Gob that way.

Also, why is Cakez on RCEnigma over me?

End of day wagon has 1 scum in Dunnstral or Naerys, or no scum at all. I'm already town reading Naerys, but for completionist's sake. RCEnigma, idk, i just dont see this as scum.

Thomith and Hu Tao on SirCakez means there's likely at least a scum in that section, and the fact that overlaps with the Wiz one, I really do think we're living in a Hu Tao Scum world.

Hu Tao, Dunnstral, Cakez is my solve right now.
Sure. Let's vote cakez or Dunn. I'm fine with either you want
In post 910, Hu Tao wrote: I'm okay with voting there VOTE: Dunn
In post 924, Hu Tao wrote: I think we go Dunn still. Bingley I'm not sure om yet. FL I'm leaning town but not sure
In post 1006, Hu Tao wrote: I still agree with Dunn gone
In post 1013, Hu Tao wrote: Why are you so against Dunn or wiz today?
In post 1033, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1025, Flavor Leaf wrote: I don’t remember ever thinking Celebloki was fluffy before.

Also really don’t like the idea of Hu Tao town thinking all 3 hard town reading her are town
Cele could be scum sure, but I would prefer Dunn right now.

You are not saying anything new, have not commented on Celebloki, or really explored other options.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:40 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I think I said celebloki could be scum, but right now I'm fine with you or wiz.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1041, Bingle wrote:
In post 1038, Roden wrote: If Celeb is scum then I don't really have a problem with him randomly asking to be voted out and people deciding that he should be voted out
In post 1039, Roden wrote:
Who's panicking?
These posts give me the impression you’re not really reading.
Is Celeb
not
repeatedly asking to be voted out...?
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:46 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 1059, Celebloki wrote: Funnily enough she comes into to say the thing I'm criticizing her about. I wasn't panic wagoning in my post, I was saying people like her need to get more active and not lead us into a panic wagon at deadline. Why does everyone seem to want to coast through the Day phase saying to slow down, but then never actually come in and advance anything.
What? i expressed my suspictions on Dunn and AWiz few times, besides i said i was kinda tired cuz pre-christmas stress and work stuff
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:47 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 1060, Celebloki wrote: I'm not saying people should have come in and finished your wagon with the last votes on it, but at least come in and defend it, push it, analyze people on it, something. Not complacently say we have time to slack off and do nothing.
Idk to me it feels like you are trying to push through a speedlim
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:47 am

Post by Hu Tao »