Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:15 am

Post by Gypyx »

top text
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:25 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 74, Gypyx wrote:
In post 71, lucca261 wrote: fuck, missed on RVS

I'll just pretend nothing of note happened and VOTE: Upwards
How about you don't pretend it's still RVS and come play the game with us my friend
pretending it's still RVS is more fun though and even the mod's using an avatar that takes me back to 2017 (I think) shitposting
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 73, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 67, Gamma Emerald wrote: I want to work together with them and FD rn
Ok let's put in some work.

What do you make of Alianna?
Very fluffy, though I think is an alright post
UNVOTE:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:29 am

Post by lucca261 »

to be fair, I read the game again and jumped at nothing

at most I think FD looks towny enough
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:17 am

Post by MargotRosa »

I'm opening up the old sublime text Mafia notes templates again. What a time to be alive.

Only vibe leans atm are Gypyx as town and Claptastik as Scum, but they are purely on vibes based on early d1 behaviour, and tells are almost always useless, esp. as you two seem to have been playing for ages.
In post 42, Alianna wrote:
In post 38, Gypyx wrote:
In post 33, Zebedee wrote: Feck... I'm a baby here....

Please be gentle. So if I think so someone's spouting crap I should say so?
I'd strongly advise you to check out the guides about townplay that we have on the mafiascum wiki, they're way more insightful than what anyone here could reasonably say

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... y_Articles
And why specifically the townplay guides? This looks TMI-ish.
Though does suggest you're aware of the info difference between town and scum, so it'd be kind of weird if you did actually TMI-slip and then
that
was your next post. Hmmmmmmmm, you can be a townlean for now (probably will have to check my logic tomorrow because it's getting pretty late and my brain is fried). I'm still interested in the answer to that question though.

Like, this gives town vibes just because it's the kind of non-committal, but still roughly reasoned out thinking I'd expect, whereas , and feel a bit more accusatory? Just feels off for the first 24 hours of the first day.

E: tag fix
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:30 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 79, MargotRosa wrote: Like, this gives town vibes just because it's the kind of non-committal, but still roughly reasoned out thinking I'd expect, whereas , and feel a bit more accusatory? Just feels off for the first 24 hours of the first day.
Did you not think I was acknowledging that in when I said "Sorry if I seem to be badgering"?
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:37 am

Post by FuDuzn »

I feel like Clap is a bit too aggressive too early to be scum here
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:43 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 81, FuDuzn wrote: I feel like Clap is a bit too aggressive too early to be scum here
What do you think of Margot?
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:46 am

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 82, Claptastik wrote:
In post 81, FuDuzn wrote: I feel like Clap is a bit too aggressive too early to be scum here
What do you think of Margot?
Was trying to parse 79 as we speak here, feels a bit manufactured......if that makes sense
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He, him, his

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:57 am

Post by Zebedee »

In post 34, Alianna wrote:
In post 27, Zebedee wrote: Yasss it's my first game here. I have little experience. Other than some experience a few years ago in a in game thread of a game that had nothing to do with Mafia games. Yea that sounds like "aHuh". But it was a game that was played. Love the names btw... What do we do now?
Basically, we all vote randomly and post mostly non-serious stuff until somehow the game advances out of it.
In post 28, Zebedee wrote: Love the image on P1 also...
Seconded.
Thanks
Boingggg... Time for bed...
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:58 am

Post by Zebedee »

In post 38, Gypyx wrote:

I'd strongly advise you to check out the guides about townplay that we have on the mafiascum wiki, they're way more insightful than what anyone here could reasonably say

Thank you
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:00 am

Post by Zebedee »

In post 38, Gypyx wrote:

Though does suggest you're aware of the info difference between town and scum, so it'd be kind of weird if you did actually TMI-slip and then
that
was your next post. Hmmmmmmmm, you can be a townlean for now (probably will have to check my logic tomorrow because it's getting pretty late and my brain is fried). I'm still interested in the answer to that question though.

Yeah I read the post and thought, how does they know I'm town? I thought it was only a thing scums would know...
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:02 am

Post by Zebedee »

In post 64, Claptastik wrote:
In post 34, Alianna wrote:
In post 27, Zebedee wrote: Yasss it's my first game here. I have little experience. Other than some experience a few years ago in a in game thread of a game that had nothing to do with Mafia games. Yea that sounds like "aHuh". But it was a game that was played. Love the names btw... What do we do now?
Basically, we all vote randomly and post mostly non-serious stuff until somehow the game advances out of it.
Also note that the players who have been around a while and know each other might make tone reads at this point based on past experience. For someone new to the site it's difficult to make any meaningful assessments until some serious wagons get going at the earliest. So if you feel lost don't worry about it.

I see, was wondering what I was missing with peeps vibing everywhere on others. Thought I had missed something in the game rules and setup.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:02 am

Post by Zebedee »

Anyway.... boing time for bed. Zzzzzz
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:58 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 79, MargotRosa wrote: I'm opening up the old sublime text Mafia notes templates again. What a time to be alive.

Only vibe leans atm are Gypyx as town and Claptastik as Scum, but they are purely on vibes based on early d1 behaviour, and tells are almost always useless, esp. as you two seem to have been playing for ages.
In post 38, Gypyx wrote:

that

Like, this gives town vibes just because it's the kind of non-committal, but still roughly reasoned out thinking I'd expect, whereas , and feel a bit more accusatory? Just feels off for the first 24 hours of the first day.

E: tag fix
aaaah yes, agressive = scum and nice = town

clap certainely feels like town motivated agression here, can't tell if Margot has got her radar calibrated on the complete opposite of mine or if she's just scum afraid of a proactive townie

and while this got me thinking about it, i gotta say the Alianna post in question looks pretty bad to me? Like, it's *extremely* reasonable, and non-antagonizing immediatly afterwards, almost like the main worry is making sure i don't get angry about it
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:02 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 86, Zebedee wrote:
In post 38, Gypyx wrote:

that

Yeah I read the post and thought, how does they know I'm town? I thought it was only a thing scums would know...
Kinda like this from Zebe, obviously the reasoning doesn't sound too fluid, but like, idk, i feel like scum!Zebe wouldn't know / think of how to say that

and while i'm at it She/Her pretty please !!! <3 Neutral pronouns are fine but not my fave

bottom text
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:20 am

Post by Upwards »

Day 1 Vet Bait here, TP/LO on me. Oh wait, wrong game.

Alrighty, so here we are, my first ever comment in my first ever Mafia game. Super excited to try this out, hope I find the time to properly contribute.

I found this site by reading about a funny jester role in a Mafia game with 100 players, and then I kinda got hooked and read the whole thing. It was interesting. My main takeaway was that the dude with the Majoras Mask Profil picture was right, town needs to rule with an iron fist. Less chitty chatty, more substance.

That said, seeing as I’m new to this I obviously don’t intend to tell others how to play. Not like I’d be familiar with the normal meta here already. In Town of Salem which is my main experience with this sort of genre so far it would be customary to start by going down the playerlist asking for roles, but from what I understand that’s not how it works here?

So I guess I will just start talking about things I find notable reading the previous conversations. Please let me know if you think anything about the points I am making or if I am mistaken in some way.

GL,HF
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:36 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 91, Upwards wrote: Day 1 Vet Bait here, TP/LO on me. Oh wait, wrong game.

Alrighty, so here we are, my first ever comment in my first ever Mafia game. Super excited to try this out, hope I find the time to properly contribute.

I found this site by reading about a funny jester role in a Mafia game with 100 players, and then I kinda got hooked and read the whole thing. It was interesting. My main takeaway was that the dude with the Majoras Mask Profil picture was right, town needs to rule with an iron fist. Less chitty chatty, more substance.

That said, seeing as I’m new to this I obviously don’t intend to tell others how to play. Not like I’d be familiar with the normal meta here already. In Town of Salem which is my main experience with this sort of genre so far it would be customary to start by going down the playerlist asking for roles, but from what I understand that’s not how it works here?

So I guess I will just start talking about things I find notable reading the previous conversations. Please let me know if you think anything about the points I am making or if I am mistaken in some way.

GL,HF
Right on so far ! As it seems you've played way more ToS (may i ask if it was on the forums or the actual game?) i'd say mostly that in terms of roles, you need to expect half the town to not have any powers, scum huting is therefore way less reliant on mechanical data and more like, actually reading people, take all i say with a grain of salt obviously, but try to focus on seeing the intent / mindset / agenda behind what people are saying, should be a good start

bottom text
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:07 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 39, Gypyx wrote:
In post 23, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 14, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 11, Hu Tao wrote: Hi.
I like your entrance the best.

You are town.
Thank you. I will blindly trust this and say you're town too!
VOTE: Hu Tao

kinda wanna say this comes from scum? Like, there's a bit of a "oh god i gotta appear towny" in those words imho
"blindly" also sounds hyperaware of the lack of info a townie would normally have
VOTE: gypyx
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:08 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 44, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 39, Gypyx wrote:

You are town.

kinda wanna say this comes from scum? Like, there's a bit of a "oh god i gotta appear towny" in those words imho
"blindly" also sounds hyperaware of the lack of info a townie would normally have
I don’t think Hu Tao’s post is that bad
I will say I am likewise getting good vibes from you
For the time being I think a town block of you, me, Hu Tao, and FuDuzn works
Sorry gamma. No adding yourself or anyone else to my town core of me and FuDuzn
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:09 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 49, Gypyx wrote:
In post 47, Naerys wrote:
In post 45, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 43, Naerys wrote: I wish i could time travel :x
huh? what prompts this?
I am tired so i wish to time travel straight to my bed
Well um actually the correct superpowed would be teleportation as time travels only allows you to move through time and not space :mrgreen:
🤓☝️
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:10 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 56, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 39, Gypyx wrote:

You are town.

Hu Tao's post sounds like the kind of thing a townie would say tbf
Why would a townie say it?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:15 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 70, Claptastik wrote: What did you like about it?

Sorry if I seem to be badgering, but putting someone in a town block based on a dozen words seems strange.
I like this post!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:16 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Bestie we have the same read.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:17 am

Post by Naerys »