FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:41 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

VOTE: Lucca
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:45 pm

Post by lucca261 »

I'm on that weird path where I kinda think my only scumread so far is Upwards for .

Not to play armchair psychologist, but I think a guy who read a 100-person game on this website (and probably read several wallposts on the way) would feel a little more paranoid on his first post.

Too non-commital, too agreeable. This paragraph in particular:
So I guess I will just start talking about things I find notable reading the previous conversations. Please let me know if you think anything about the points I am making or if I am mistaken in some way.
I mean, this looks a lot like newbscum to me.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:08 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 116, Laplacian wrote:
In post 114, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 112, Gypyx wrote: VOTE: MargotRosa

Anyways wanna vote a slot that's been weirdly shy about things?
VOTE: MargotRosa
I somewhat agree with this idea. I think she’s just been not present but wouldn’t mind leaving her a little present on her return :twisted:
I'm down with this vote (despite only having 2 posts myself)
The "(despite only having 2 posts myself)" pings me weirdly here.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:12 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 175, FuDuzn wrote: VOTE: Lucca
hey mate why did you unvote Margot so quickly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I was going to unvote if FD didn’t anyway since I wanted to see Margot’s reaction to the wagon, not the blitz elim
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:25 pm

Post by lucca261 »

Overall catchup (non-reactive) thoughts:

Spoiler:

Like Alianna, Delta and Gyp for town at the moment.

is the only post that concerns me by Gamma. The 'I will apply pressure!' vote. Null other than that.

FD is in a middle spot. Liked his early-content, but he embraced the townblock spirit in a disheartening way. Saying on that Zeb is an apprentice to the townblock is an unnatural progression for a player so concerned with Gamma and Hu supposedly following him blindly just a couple of posts back. Also has a knack for asking obvious questions, but could be a playstyle thing trying to get more content.

Laplacian and Upwards pinged me wrong on some early posting, but nothing decisive of course.

Nothing about the other players so far. Maybe a weird vibe from Clap, don't know.

lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:30 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 179, Gamma Emerald wrote: I was going to unvote if FD didn’t anyway since I wanted to see Margot’s reaction to the wagon, not the blitz elim
Thought so. But given that his vote on Margot was serious - not only pressure -, I expect to have done something very scummy for a sudden switch when a wagon gets going.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He, him, his

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:54 pm

Post by Zebedee »

Hello hello. Just travelling for work. Will be back in the house on the AM Saturday. Can then thump some keys and get some thoughts going. Kinda like everyone right now. And that's not right. Need to see who vibes who and why. Later peeps
Boingggg... Time for bed...
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:03 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 116, Laplacian wrote:
In post 114, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 112, Gypyx wrote: VOTE: MargotRosa

Anyways wanna vote a slot that's been weirdly shy about things?

I somewhat agree with this idea. I think she’s just been not present but wouldn’t mind leaving her a little present on her return :twisted:
I'm down with this vote (despite only having 2 posts myself)
Why so self-concious about this, do you think you're being scummy when saying that?

i guess Lucca already pointed it out so yea i agree
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:04 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 130, Alianna wrote:
In post 46, Gypyx wrote:
In post 42, Alianna wrote:
In post 38, Gypyx wrote:
In post 33, Zebedee wrote: Feck... I'm a baby here....

Please be gentle. So if I think so someone's spouting crap I should say so?
I'd strongly advise you to check out the guides about townplay that we have on the mafiascum wiki, they're way more insightful than what anyone here could reasonably say

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... y_Articles
And why specifically the townplay guides? This looks TMI-ish.
Though does suggest you're aware of the info difference between town and scum, so it'd be kind of weird if you did actually TMI-slip and then
that
was your next post. Hmmmmmmmm, you can be a townlean for now (probably will have to check my logic tomorrow because it's getting pretty late and my brain is fried). I'm still interested in the answer to that question though.
I'm often talking to people with the assumption that they're town, can provide previous quotes on that in other games if this interests you

And on top of that, if you check the page there's also like, a lot of guides, so it kinda helps to narrow it down a bit more
Quotes would be helpful to verify, but I'm inclined to believe this.
Yeah so sorry but i'm kinda struggling to find quotes to provide you actually, recalling it happened is quite a big gap from finding what happened exactly it seems lol
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:24 am

Post by Gypyx »

Anyways here's a recap about what i think of everyone, not sure that's too useful but whatever

Spoiler: ooo

Upwards

Classic newbie slot, i feel like they're still quite likely to be scum? Obviously their reasoning is always gonna be somewhat rough, but there's an air of it being fabricated? Him stating his entry paragraph was motivated by worrying of being unoriginal makes me think it leans scum for instance

Hu Tao

Nope. Not looking there

Naerys

The very few posts she made are decently towny i guess, besides this game doesn't feel like we have too many scums still MIA so i'm inclined to not be too worried

Claptastik

Towniest town in the town of townsville, they've felt motivated and like they're questionning the correct things

lucca261

Had some elements of suspicion but his latest posts have been better, especially since i've mindmelded with him on quite a few reads

FuDuzn

While i do agree with the town vibes, i think people are kind of a bit too eager to put him as town, i guess i'm just being more wary of that kind of "constant stream of mild towniness" when it comes from an experienced player (or at least that's how i'm reading you)

Gamma Emerald

Somewhat of a gut read but i've been really thinking it is town, i guess depending on how that towblock stuff goes i'll reevaluate or lock it as town?

(btw hope i'm correctly using your pronouns there, not too sure on how "it" is supposed to work)

Laplacian

Posts averaging between bad and extremely NAI, of course it's not like there's a ton of them but... blergh, it's pretty bad

Zebedee

If this isn't obvtown newbie them i don't know what is

MargotRosa

Waiting on more obviously but this slot has been very conspicuous

DeltaWave

ughhhh... slightest of townleans i guess?

Alianna

Alianna has felt good, very natural and stuff, this is a mix of a gut read and just not seeing the scum intent in her things, it also seems like she geniuenly view herself as town

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:24 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 163, DragonEater70 wrote:
flavor
Dragon Fact #4:
While often depicted as cruel and beastly monsters, dragons are actually highly intelligent, and have a better grasp on science than most humans. In fact, dragons invented modern computers!
Weren't the fantasy facts supposed to be fake ?

bottom text
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:09 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 120, Laplacian wrote: Will have more time after my wife competes.
Post a link if you can.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:25 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 174, lucca261 wrote:
In post 158, DeltaWave wrote: It sounds to me like lucca got some backlash from gypyx for what was legitimately an odd post #71 and then immediately backpedaled it. If it's really an RVS vote then who cares. That's what the R means. Then lucca pegged you as town in #78. You get more friends by calling people town, especially early on. If you put this sequence of events together, the problem is evident.
ehh I wasn't really concerned by the reaction to my RVS vote, even if gypyx thought it was weird

but looking at this from your perspective:
you got backlash (from FD on ) from posting nothing today, came back and posted only about a guy who was inactive and not likely to defend himself?

seems like you are more concerned than me to make friends and not provoke anyone (which I truly believe is NAI, people hate being scumread, just ironic)
What's your read on lucca?
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:26 am

Post by Claptastik »

EBWOP
In post 188, Claptastik wrote:
In post 174, lucca261 wrote:
In post 158, DeltaWave wrote: It sounds to me like lucca got some backlash from gypyx for what was legitimately an odd post #71 and then immediately backpedaled it. If it's really an RVS vote then who cares. That's what the R means. Then lucca pegged you as town in #78. You get more friends by calling people town, especially early on. If you put this sequence of events together, the problem is evident.
ehh I wasn't really concerned by the reaction to my RVS vote, even if gypyx thought it was weird

but looking at this from your perspective:
you got backlash (from FD on ) from posting nothing today, came back and posted only about a guy who was inactive and not likely to defend himself?

seems like you are more concerned than me to make friends and not provoke anyone (which I truly believe is NAI, people hate being scumread, just ironic)
What's your read on
lucca
delta
?
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:29 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 180, lucca261 wrote: Like Alianna,
Delta
and Gyp for
town
at the moment.
Never mind.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:37 am

Post by Claptastik »

Re: (btw Gypyx is my strongest town read)

Upwards - I'm null on. People on both sides of Upwards should remember that scum have daytalk. If he's scum he has coaching available.

Gamma - I'm not seeing town at all. Not particularly seeing scum either.

Zebedee - I get it, but not as strongly as you do.

Alianna - Like Gamma, I'm not seeing the town. Null.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:43 am

Post by Claptastik »

There's a couple posts giving me a tin-foil-hat ping. Can't say more now, need to see how it plays out.
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:50 am

Post by Upwards »

In post 176, lucca261 wrote: I'm on that weird path where I kinda think my only scumread so far is Upwards for .

Not to play armchair psychologist, but I think a guy who read a 100-person game on this website (and probably read several wallposts on the way) would feel a little more paranoid on his first post.

Too non-commital, too agreeable. This paragraph in particular:
So I guess I will just start talking about things I find notable reading the previous conversations. Please let me know if you think anything about the points I am making or if I am mistaken in some way.
I mean, this looks a lot like newbscum to me.
Why exactly should I be paranoid, and of what? Don’t really get your point here.
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:03 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 191, Claptastik wrote: Re: (btw Gypyx is my strongest town read)

Upwards - I'm null on. People on both sides of Upwards should remember that scum have daytalk. If he's scum he has coaching available.

Gamma - I'm not seeing town at all. Not particularly seeing scum either.

Zebedee - I get it, but not as strongly as you do.

Alianna - Like Gamma, I'm not seeing the town. Null.
While i agree i'm probably overplaying some reads here and there, i'll just say that while upwards *could* be coached, i doubt his scumbuddies would go and rewrite each post on a word by word basis, more like, focus on telling him what should be said or done

therefore as the tone is mainly what irks me about him, i don't think that's something to be worried about

bottom text
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:40 am

Post by Upwards »

In post 185, Gypyx wrote: Anyways here's a recap about what i think of everyone, not sure that's too useful but whatever

Upwards

Classic newbie slot, i feel like they're still quite likely to be scum? Obviously their reasoning is always gonna be somewhat rough, but there's an air of it being fabricated? Him stating his entry paragraph was motivated by worrying of being unoriginal makes me think it leans scum for instance

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn’t really worrying, it was more me being excited to finally start. Hypothetically speaking, which upside would I have as Scum to open like this? To put anything out there right away that people might feel strange about? None that would come to my mind at least.

E: fixen broken formatting (N.B.: the [/
quote] tag used to be missing)
Last edited by biancospino on Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:43 am

Post by Upwards »

ffs I fear I’ll need the broken Quote Fixing once again I’m sorry

Bottom Text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:46 am

Post by Gypyx »

You need to input your answer after the "[/quote]" part

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:46 am

Post by Gypyx »

use the preview button in case you have any doubts

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:52 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 195, Upwards wrote:
In post 185, Gypyx wrote: Anyways here's a recap about what i think of everyone, not sure that's too useful but whatever

Upwards

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn’t really worrying, it was more me being excited to finally start. Hypothetically speaking, which upside would I have as Scum to open like this? To put anything out there right away that people might feel strange about? None that would come to my mind at least.
While i get the excitement, i feel that as town you would be less focused on if what you wished to say would come out good as since you're town, it should naturally be towny

and otherwise i think that as a new scum player, most people are probably *really* scared of messing up themselves and their allies, therefore prompting you to become somewhat of an overexplainer

doesn't help that i haven't seen much coming from you that strikes me as a "wow that's genuine !"

Bottom text

E: fixed broken formatting (N.B.: one [
/quote] tag used to be missing. Be aware that, when quoting a post containing an open, unclosed [
quote] tag, the broken formatting will spread.)
Last edited by biancospino on Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

bottom text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”