lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:03 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 224, Claptastik wrote:
In post 222, lucca261 wrote: The thing is: if you are town here, it's very likely that scum will try to use your status as a new player to advance their game. Not in a "I'm evil, kill all the newbies" way, but maybe by buddying you, maybe by trying to use you as elimbait, stuff like this.
You mean like you're doing now?
Maybe. See how he shouldn't trust everyone?
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:45 am

Post by MargotRosa »

Sorry for absence. Slowly catching up, but in response to it was mine and gf's anniversary, and my sleep schedule has been screwed up. I was thyinking about absence this morning, but made the wise decision to give myself a couple days not checking so I would feel less bad about compulsively checking later
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:02 am

Post by Claptastik »

Ugh I'm bored but two hours to go. Someone post something...
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:06 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 183, Gypyx wrote:
In post 116, Laplacian wrote:
In post 114, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 112, Gypyx wrote: VOTE: MargotRosa

Anyways wanna vote a slot that's been weirdly shy about things?
VOTE: MargotRosa

I somewhat agree with this idea. I think she’s just been not present but wouldn’t mind leaving her a little present on her return :twisted:
I'm down with this vote (despite only having 2 posts myself)
Why so self-concious about this, do you think you're being scummy when saying that?

i guess Lucca already pointed it out so yea i agree
.. 114 in that quote Gamma called MR "not present". Commenting my voting a lurker while also being low post count isn't self-conscious, it's having a healthy appreciation for irony.

Also, you put both me and Margot as scummy. I was 3rd on the vote train you started for them, hopping on within an hour. If we're both scum, why would I bus so quickly and give the vote momentum?
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:08 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 187, Claptastik wrote:
In post 120, Laplacian wrote: Will have more time after my wife competes.
Post a link if you can.
Not going to post exact division since I don't want to doxx us, but here's the livestream for the country world championships
https://www.twitch.tv/rgstreaming
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am

Post by MargotRosa »

At the bottom of page 6. Will post vibes from here and keep going after a bit of a break.

Town leans:
- GammaEmerald - Liked their vote for me the most out of all of them. Feels like the work of a fairly proactive townie to gain info for reads based on responses, which I vibe with
- Laplacian - Based mostly on . I didn't like Hu Tao's vote for Upward at , for fairly similar reasons expressed there.
- Gypyx can stay for now as well.

Very slight scum lean from FuDuzn. seems like their reads are grasps that don't have much weight behind them. This is only more so by the "genuine but fake" read on Gamma in . No post refs, just vibes. There's also alot of filler, like in , first half of , and the second half of , and feel like boosting post count more than anything well thought out or solid.

Back in halfa.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 228, Laplacian wrote: .. 114 in that quote Gamma called MR "not present". Commenting my voting a lurker while also being low post count isn't self-conscious, it's having a healthy appreciation for irony.
Yeah that's how I read it.
Also, you put both me and Margot as scummy. I was 3rd on the vote train you started for them, hopping on within an hour. If we're both scum, why would I bus so quickly and give the vote momentum?
I generally don't answer for other people but as noted I'm bored. Personally I don't often think in terms of teams on D1 (although I'm trying to start doing that privately), so I don't see an issue with this.
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:18 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 212, Claptastik wrote:
In post 211, Gamma Emerald wrote: You do realize I stated my approach to this game was a bit special, right?
Yes, and I find that approach - declaring a 4-person townblock in post - to be highly suspicious.

Town blocks are great when they form organically, over time. I don't see town motivation for your approach. Seems more likely to be scum buddying.
Agreed, especially on day 1. 2 person townblock happens trivially. 3 person, sure, easy enough. 4 on day 1 is forced. So scumpoints for Gamma.

That said, I don't think we have a townblock so much as gamma
wanting
a townblock. If HT, Gypyx, and FuDuzn all hopped on Gamma's suggestion, then I'd be panicking and assuming 1+ were scum.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:25 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 228, Laplacian wrote:
In post 183, Gypyx wrote:
In post 116, Laplacian wrote:
In post 114, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 112, Gypyx wrote: VOTE: MargotRosa

Anyways wanna vote a slot that's been weirdly shy about things?

I somewhat agree with this idea. I think she’s just been not present but wouldn’t mind leaving her a little present on her return :twisted:
I'm down with this vote (despite only having 2 posts myself)
Why so self-concious about this, do you think you're being scummy when saying that?

i guess Lucca already pointed it out so yea i agree
.. 114 in that quote Gamma called MR "not present". Commenting my voting a lurker while also being low post count isn't self-conscious, it's having a healthy appreciation for irony.

I guess it could be irony yea, it just didn't strike me as that in the moment, and once again,

and also, that one's more of a personal scumtell of mine, why would you, as a townie, think about what scum!You would you? i'm kinda reading that as the fact that you were hoping to gain towncred for that and you're annoyed it's not working out

also yeah, as claps said, acting as if mafiosos never vote each other early
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:25 am

Post by Gypyx »

once again you're more likely to come up with that joke if you're worried abour being viewed as a lurker to start with*
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:50 am

Post by Laplacian »

@GammaEmerald
You've got your towncore posted, but any scumreads?
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:18 am

Post by MargotRosa »

I read through the next few pages. I'm simultaneously feeling a harder scum read on FD, but I'm also feeling a lot more self-conscious about my reads and my radar in general, especially as so many reads have been the opposite of mine. I need to germinate on everything a lot more and come back to the game with a fresher mind, maybe after rereading a bunch of the wiki.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:35 am

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 220, Claptastik wrote:
In post 218, Gypyx wrote: Hot take but people should be allowed to switch up their playstyle
They are allowed. And other people are allowed to question such switches.
it especially gets less worth as a meta read here cause Gamma is making a conscious effort to switch up how she plays rather than failing to reproduce her town meta
Maybe she's making that conscious effort
because
she has difficulty reproducing her town meta as scum.
Gyp still does seem so towny, not loving this take from Clap though
In post 222, lucca261 wrote:
In post 193, Upwards wrote:
In post 176, lucca261 wrote: I'm on that weird path where I kinda think my only scumread so far is Upwards for .

Not to play armchair psychologist, but I think a guy who read a 100-person game on this website (and probably read several wallposts on the way) would feel a little more paranoid on his first post.

Too non-commital, too agreeable. This paragraph in particular:
So I guess I will just start talking about things I find notable reading the previous conversations. Please let me know if you think anything about the points I am making or if I am mistaken in some way.
I mean, this looks a lot like newbscum to me.
Why exactly should I be paranoid, and of what? Don’t really get your point here.
The thing is: if you are town here, it's very likely that scum will try to use your status as a new player to advance their game. Not in a "I'm evil, kill all the newbies" way, but maybe by buddying you, maybe by trying to use you as elimbait, stuff like this.

Being so open on your opening post, even asking people to correct you? I see newb!town would be a little more wary, especially on a game like this with several very experienced players.

Keep in mind this is a early D1 read, so it's not final or decisive in any way. But it's something that pinged me early game.
My first reaction to this was a buddy talking to a buddy, kind of a tinfoily take but I wanted it out there to see if someone else agrees, of I am just seeing something that isn't there.
In post 230, MargotRosa wrote: At the bottom of page 6. Will post vibes from here and keep going after a bit of a break.

Town leans:
- GammaEmerald - Liked their vote for me the most out of all of them. Feels like the work of a fairly proactive townie to gain info for reads based on responses, which I vibe with
- Laplacian - Based mostly on . I didn't like Hu Tao's vote for Upward at , for fairly similar reasons expressed there.
- Gypyx can stay for now as well.

Very slight scum lean from FuDuzn. seems like their reads are grasps that don't have much weight behind them. This is only more so by the "genuine but fake" read on Gamma in . No post refs, just vibes. There's also alot of filler, like in , first half of , and the second half of , and feel like boosting post count more than anything well thought out or solid.

Back in halfa.
You are correct, it wasn't anything really well thought out, I was just quickly going through the iso's of people I haven't really had an opinion on yet. Wasn't meant to be a set in stone super solid list of reads or anything.

Also I wasn't trying to boost post count, it is just easier for me to make a separate post for each iso instead of one giant post containing all of them(plus personally I hate giant wall posts)
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:47 am

Post by Upwards »

In post 176, lucca261 wrote: I'm on that weird path where I kinda think my only scumread so far is Upwards for .

Not to play armchair psychologist, but I think a guy who read a 100-person game on this website (and probably read several wallposts on the way) would feel a little more paranoid on his first post.

So I guess I will just start talking about things I find notable reading the previous conversations. Please let me know if you think anything about the points I am making or if I am mistaken in some way.
Why exactly should I be paranoid, and of what? Don’t really get your point here.
The thing is: if you are town here, it's very likely that scum will try to use your status as a new player to advance their game. Not in a "I'm evil, kill all the newbies" way, but maybe by buddying you, maybe by trying to use you as elimbait, stuff like this.

Being so open on your opening post, even asking people to correct you? I see newb!town would be a little more wary, especially on a game like this with several very experienced players.

Keep in mind this is a early D1 read, so it's not final or decisive in any way. But it's something that pinged me early game.
Ah, now I get where you’re coming from. See, just because I’m new doesn’t mean I can’t differentiate between someone being nice and someone making sense. So at that point I was less worried about getting tricked than about understanding how to proceed, since when I started posting there was very little I could conclude from the previous content. Think I have a better grasp now.

But while I’m familiar with the term buddying, what’s elimbait?
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:47 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 237, FuDuzn wrote:

My first reaction to this was a buddy talking to a buddy, kind of a tinfoily take but I wanted it out there to see if someone else agrees, of I am just seeing something that isn't there.
Yeah i can totally see it, although i also agree this feels quite tinfoil-ish, think we keep this in mind for if we manage to flip one of them as scum?

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:50 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 238, Upwards wrote:

Ah, now I get where you’re coming from. See, just because I’m new doesn’t mean I can’t differentiate between someone being nice and someone making sense. So at that point I was less worried about getting tricked than about understanding how to proceed, since when I started posting there was very little I could conclude from the previous content. Think I have a better grasp now.

But while I’m familiar with the term buddying, what’s elimbait?
Elimination-bait, a very scummy townie that the actual scum can push without much worry to take the heat off them

It's derived from lynchbait, but since "lynch" is no longer an allowed word on here that's the most popular alternative

bottom text
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:54 am

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 239, Gypyx wrote:

Yeah i can totally see it, although i also agree this feels quite tinfoil-ish, think we keep this in mind for if we manage to flip one of them as scum?
I don't like talking buddies until a scum is flipped per se, but as you put it an interesting possible interaction in the case one of them does flip scum.
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:06 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 235, Laplacian wrote: @GammaEmerald
What about you mate
any reads at all?
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:18 am

Post by Upwards »

Actually I can see it funnily enough, especially with that last paragraph being potentially usable as a setup to justify changing course in the future. Thing is, town might just as well make this post and I have it on good sources that I am not the buddy of anyone.
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:37 am

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 243, Upwards wrote:

Actually I can see it funnily enough, especially with that last paragraph being potentially usable as a setup to justify changing course in the future. Thing is, town might just as well make this post and I have it on good sources that I am not the buddy of anyone.
Lol, don't be lying to me now :igmeou:

But I will say it was more about Lucca than you
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 232, Laplacian wrote:
In post 212, Claptastik wrote:
In post 211, Gamma Emerald wrote: You do realize I stated my approach to this game was a bit special, right?
Yes, and I find that approach - declaring a 4-person townblock in post - to be highly suspicious.

Town blocks are great when they form organically, over time. I don't see town motivation for your approach. Seems more likely to be scum buddying.
Agreed, especially on day 1. 2 person townblock happens trivially. 3 person, sure, easy enough. 4 on day 1 is forced. So scumpoints for Gamma.

That said, I don't think we have a townblock so much as gamma
wanting
a townblock. If HT, Gypyx, and FuDuzn all hopped on Gamma's suggestion, then I'd be panicking and assuming 1+ were scum.
I think I’m more willing/likely to force certain things as town, and other things as scum. For instance, I tend to lack stamina as scum so my presence on later days in scum games tend to be diminished. But I frequently have a read as town that I form on very little evidence but has substantial strength, which I think can be described as “forced” among other terms
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:43 am

Post by lucca261 »

Just re-read some stuff and feel confident adding Margot to my town pile so far.

Her stuff seems natural. I like the contrarian reads. Feel like scum!Margot would have more defined reads by now. feels pretty good, even if I do not agree with most of it.
Still not loving Laplacian.

So FD, since you are active, why are you voting me again?
cê filma e fala?

tu é o bixão mesmo hein doido
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:43 am

Post by Naerys »

I am too tired for writing some reads rn

sensible post tmorrow
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 233, Gypyx wrote: and also, that one's more of a personal scumtell of mine, why would you, as a townie, think about what scum!You would you? i'm kinda reading that as the fact that you were hoping to gain towncred for that and you're annoyed it's not working out
:shifty:
I actually do something like this myself (reflect on my own actions and consider how I would read them, how I’d expect others to read them, and how they fit into my concept of my own meta)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 235, Laplacian wrote: @GammaEmerald
Clap is a scumlean because the meta point feels half-baked
I can’t remember anything else pinging me
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”