Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:39 pm

Post by Claptastik »

In post 321, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 309, Claptastik wrote: Excellent, great minds etc!
:roll:
riddle me this: what's my scum motive here? Since you + Delta seem dead set on suspecting me here
I previously gave a scum motive for it, and it seems like you saw it, so why are you asking again, as if no motive had been given?
In post 212, Claptastik wrote:
In post 211, Gamma Emerald wrote: You do realize I stated my approach to this game was a bit special, right?
Yes, and I find that approach - declaring a 4-person townblock in post - to be highly suspicious.

Town blocks are great when they form organically, over time. I don't see town motivation for your approach. Seems more likely to be scum buddying.
Before that, Delta said the same in .

Now, you tell me what you think the scum motive is. As noted, your point that it's easy to call someone out as scummy for a premature manufactured town block means that you also see apparent scum motivation for it. Do you also think it's for buddying, or do you have additional reasons?

Earlier you said something about doing this for private reasons. If you now had reacted like
Yeah, I know it appears scummy, but again I have private reasons for doing it
I probably would have let it slide, at least today. But, you're doubling down, pointing fingers at me and others and acting like we're scummy for pointing out the obvious - which, again, you unwittingly agreed to by saying that scum reading you here is easy.

VOTE: Gamma
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:54 pm

Post by Claptastik »

In post 265, lucca261 wrote: , I believe she would be more concerned on mirroring her old playstyle as scum
In post 263, FuDuzn wrote: Lucca, what are you feeling about Clap right about now?
Meh. Vibe is weird, but nothing strong. Lots of empty questions and theory talk

I did note that feels very empty and unneeded, as it's just four null reads after a catch-up with nothing substancial
Felt like "fuck I just posted on the thread with no analysis whatsoever so I'll just write something here so people won't complain"

word quota stuff
You seem to be missing the context of that post.

Overall your ISO looks pretty good.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:16 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Votecount 1.06

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2024-01-14 01:13:22).
Combined Mod ISO.

Votecount
MargotRosa (4):
Gypyx, Laplacian, FuDuzn, Hu Tao
Gamma Emerald (2):
Alianna, Claptastik
lucca261 (1):
DeltaWave
Upwards (1):
lucca261
Alianna (1):
Naerys
Claptastik (1):
Gamma Emerald
FuDuzn (1):
MargotRosa

Not Voting (2):
Upwards, Zebedee

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to send someone on the fast route to the afterlife.

Flavor
Dragon Fact #7:
Gorin the Dragonslayer, a famous warrior renowned for killing 10 dragons single-handedly, was actually a dragon in human disguise. Ain't no way a human could ever kill even a SINGLE dragon, much less TEN! Humans are so gullible sometimes.
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:26 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 186, Gypyx wrote:
In post 163, DragonEater70 wrote:
flavor
Dragon Fact #4:
While often depicted as cruel and beastly monsters, dragons are actually highly intelligent, and have a better grasp on science than most humans. In fact, dragons invented modern computers!
Weren't the fantasy facts supposed to be fake ?
Oops, my bad!
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:22 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 170, Hu Tao wrote: If Margot gets to e-1 I will quick hammer
Was this serious?
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He, him, his

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:50 am

Post by Zebedee »

Hello hello. So sorry been extra busy today. I will post tomorrow when I can sit in front of my Commodore 64.... :)
Boingggg... Time for bed...
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He, him, his

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:52 am

Post by Zebedee »

E-1, that's like gonna lim soon? Why so quick? Anyway have to shoot the roundabout needs fixing and Gertrude needs her hay.

Boinnnng time for bed...
Boingggg... Time for bed...
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:55 am

Post by DeltaWave »

We have a whole week left for the day. Going into night when we have like, four or five people who haven't really contributed is not pro-town.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:14 am

Post by Upwards »

In post 323, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 306, Upwards wrote:
In post 301, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 273, Upwards wrote: Okay here we go.

I find Gamma suspicious for the townblock on day 1 when that’s a time where there’s really little basis for such a thing.

On the flipside I like Claptastic, Deltawave and Laplacian for calling it out.

I’m really mixed on Gypyx. She’s very active which is probably a good sign, but then again I don’t like my exchange with her. In #92 she feels the need to state that I shouldn’t blindly trust her, which is obvious enough that it irritated even me as a beginner. What follows is this strange discussion only to end it somewhat condescendingly in #206. Not a fan.
this is surface level analysis
Regardless of my alignment I think calling my townblock out is an easy thing to do as scum. This seems less like a real thought process and more like reflexively giving townpoints to player who’ve criticized me.
I will have you know that all my thoughts are perfectly real, thank you very much. Sorry if they don’t live up to your standards.

So here’s the thing, I believe you’re right. It is an easy play for Scum to call out Townblocks. But it’s just as easy for Scum to get the idea of forming an early town block. And the latter would be way more problematic so that’s what I am more concerned with right now.

So what do you make of that?
I think it would be foolish for me to pigeonhole myself into a position where I would have to maintain my towniness when I feel like I am better at scum when sieing chaos and letting my flip cause wild goose chases
Yeah okay but if you’re scum why play for eventually getting flipped? It actively makes it harder to fulfill Mafias Win Con.

This looks to me like a dubious exchange at best. So nothing I’d reasonably expect from a player like you who has claimed to have played a ton of games.

In other words, I don’t believe you here.

Therefore

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:30 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 331, Zebedee wrote: E-1, that's like gonna lim soon? Why so quick? Anyway have to shoot the roundabout needs fixing and Gertrude needs her hay.

Boinnnng time for bed...
E-3
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:46 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 331, Zebedee wrote: E-1, that's like gonna lim soon? Why so quick? Anyway have to shoot the roundabout needs fixing and Gertrude needs her hay.

Boinnnng time for bed...
Zeb's newb pass is over, this is feeling like newbscum stalling now.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:33 am

Post by Naerys »

Catching up
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:43 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 166, Hu Tao wrote: Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I'm having more town reads than scumreads at this point
In post 167, Gamma Emerald wrote: Um yeah that’s normal, there’s more town than scum, at least there should be in a well-balanced game :lol:
The dynamics of 2 of you feel different.Are you town?
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:53 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 255, Gamma Emerald wrote: VOTE: Claptastik
My Margot vote is played out so it’s time to go here
Feels scummy.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:01 am

Post by Naerys »

I thought Hu Tao´s entry was towny but as the game progressed, i dont like her dynamics with Gamma at all.
Also dont like Gamma´s reasoning for switching vote on Claptastik. Overall i get a feeling like Gamma is trying to position herself as town, and is worried that she doesnt look towny enough.
I think Gamma+Hu Tao are buddies.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:13 am

Post by Gypyx »

STAHP VOTING GAMMA YOU MEANIES >:CCCCCC

nah in all seriousness i kinda hate the general vibes around it's wagon, hard to describe but like, it feels like a lot of people each finding their own small thing to be suspicious about
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

*sigh*
I don’t think all scum would pile on me but none of these votes really feel town-motivated from where I’m standing
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 333, Upwards wrote:
In post 323, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 306, Upwards wrote:
In post 301, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 273, Upwards wrote: Okay here we go.

I find Gamma suspicious for the townblock on day 1 when that’s a time where there’s really little basis for such a thing.

On the flipside I like Claptastic, Deltawave and Laplacian for calling it out.

I’m really mixed on Gypyx. She’s very active which is probably a good sign, but then again I don’t like my exchange with her. In #92 she feels the need to state that I shouldn’t blindly trust her, which is obvious enough that it irritated even me as a beginner. What follows is this strange discussion only to end it somewhat condescendingly in #206. Not a fan.
this is surface level analysis
Regardless of my alignment I think calling my townblock out is an easy thing to do as scum. This seems less like a real thought process and more like reflexively giving townpoints to player who’ve criticized me.
I will have you know that all my thoughts are perfectly real, thank you very much. Sorry if they don’t live up to your standards.

So here’s the thing, I believe you’re right. It is an easy play for Scum to call out Townblocks. But it’s just as easy for Scum to get the idea of forming an early town block. And the latter would be way more problematic so that’s what I am more concerned with right now.

So what do you make of that?
I think it would be foolish for me to pigeonhole myself into a position where I would have to maintain my towniness when I feel like I am better at scum when sieing chaos and letting my flip cause wild goose chases
Yeah okay but if you’re scum why play for eventually getting flipped? It actively makes it harder to fulfill Mafias Win Con.

This looks to me like a dubious exchange at best. So nothing I’d reasonably expect from a player like you who has claimed to have played a ton of games.

In other words, I don’t believe you here.

Therefore

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
You don’t understand high-level play if you think getting flipped as scum can’t be a wincon-advancing move.

The second part just looks vague and trite. Calling it a “dubious exchange” with zero backing thought process is unhelpful. And I don’t see how my games played has to do with what you’re saying because
you’re basically saying nothing
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:07 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 340, Gypyx wrote: STAHP VOTING GAMMA YOU MEANIES >:CCCCCC

nah in all seriousness i kinda hate the general vibes around it's wagon, hard to describe but like, it feels like a lot of people each finding their own small thing to be suspicious about
What do you make of that?

I would think townies would be pretty happy with competing E-3 wagons at this point. I know I am.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:18 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 112, Gypyx wrote: VOTE: MargotRosa

Anyways wanna vote a slot that's been weirdly shy about things?
Gypyx, you voted Margot back here, when she had 5 posts. She has 8 posts since. Are you still happy with this wagon? If so can you make the case?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 339, Naerys wrote: I thought Hu Tao´s entry was towny but as the game progressed, i dont like her dynamics with Gamma at all.
Also dont like Gamma´s reasoning for switching vote on Claptastik. Overall i get a feeling like Gamma is trying to position herself as town, and is worried that she doesnt look towny enough.
I think Gamma+Hu Tao are buddies.
What exactly do you see as my reason for voting Clap?
<Embrace The Void>

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:56 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 344, Claptastik wrote:
In post 112, Gypyx wrote: VOTE: MargotRosa

Anyways wanna vote a slot that's been weirdly shy about things?
Gypyx, you voted Margot back here, when she had 5 posts. She has 8 posts since. Are you still happy with this wagon? If so can you make the case?
Yeah i've been meaning to make a more develloped case but i'm in a pretty bad mood right now so that'll have to be delayed for a bit

From my (admittedly quite superficial) read of her posts my mind isn't really changed though
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:10 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 329, Claptastik wrote:
In post 170, Hu Tao wrote: If Margot gets to e-1 I will quick hammer
Was this serious?
Yes. But i also wanted to see who would unvote and I think it's good for later in the game depending on margot's alignment
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:12 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 332, DeltaWave wrote: We have a whole week left for the day. Going into night when we have like, four or five people who haven't really contributed is not pro-town.
This looks like a post that scum does to contribute to the conversation without actually saying anything.

VOTE: Delta
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:14 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 337, Naerys wrote:
In post 166, Hu Tao wrote: Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I'm having more town reads than scumreads at this point
In post 167, Gamma Emerald wrote: Um yeah that’s normal, there’s more town than scum, at least there should be in a well-balanced game :lol:
The dynamics of 2 of you feel different.Are you town?
Didn't you say I was town already? And gamma is one of my favorites to play with. :]

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”