Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 523, Claptastik wrote: What's your read on Margot?
To put it simply, null town
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Lucca seems pretty towny too
I should look over Lap because if he feels town then that means my bar’s too low as by my expectations, scum would have to be clearing it
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:26 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 524, Gamma Emerald wrote: I think my townreads are generally pretty known so I don’t understand why you don’t seem to be processing them
TBH I just like playing and you're on, so I'm asking questions. I'm probably posting too much and junking up the game to some extent. I'm going to make an effort to NOT post for a bit unless something important comes up. Plus maybe I'll get some work done.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:56 am

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 512, Claptastik wrote:
In post 510, MargotRosa wrote: The FD vote has little to do with the Gamma wagon. Zeb's interaction with the Gamma wagon does though.
So what reeks about the gamma wagon? If FD and Zeb are scum, that means the gamma wagon is at least 4/5 town.
I meant that there was scum on it somewhere. I'm certainly not ruling out anyone who was on the wagon, but I definitely have a scum lean on Zeb, and I see FD as the kind of player who wouldn't eagerly jump onto a miselim especially immediately after an intense line of questioning. Will have to check the back catalogue at some point to be sure tho
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:00 am

Post by MargotRosa »

For Laplacian when they come back, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the wagon
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 528, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 512, Claptastik wrote:
In post 510, MargotRosa wrote: The FD vote has little to do with the Gamma wagon. Zeb's interaction with the Gamma wagon does though.
So what reeks about the gamma wagon? If FD and Zeb are scum, that means the gamma wagon is at least 4/5 town.
I meant that there was scum on it somewhere. I'm certainly not ruling out anyone who was on the wagon, but I definitely have a scum lean on Zeb, and I see FD as the kind of player who wouldn't eagerly jump onto a miselim especially immediately after an intense line of questioning. Will have to check the back catalogue at some point to be sure tho
What do you think of my reads rn?
<Embrace The Void>

Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:21 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 520, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 497, Hu Tao wrote: Gamma are you willing to vote delta?
Are you willing to explain your vote?
I've already explained, but you're not okay with me answer. So am I scum or am I misguided town from your pov?
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:54 am

Post by Upwards »

In post 507, Claptastik wrote:
In post 484, Upwards wrote: I mean I get your point regarding the deadline that’s a fine argument but I don’t think you understood my line of thinking in this case. What do you make of the fact that Delta is currently voting Gamma but vows to back down should it come to E-1 while Hu Tao does the opposite with not voting but vowing to do so should it come to E-1? For me it blurrs the line of who can be held responsible since they’re both saying one thing but currently doing the other.
First, please get an avatar, it makes it easier for others to read the game.

From what I've seen, both playing and looking back, there's some bad site meta that comes into play here. On the face of it Delta pings me for the comment, BUT there seems to be a lot of people on this site who think you pretty much always have to go down to deadline in order to generate more info, so that's a mitigating factor.

With Hu Tao, you can have more than one scum read, so no problem voting one person but saying you'll vote another. Also there's site meta that a quickhammer is scummy, so announcing before the fact could be a CYA move. OTOH, in the scenario that gamma and Hu are scum together, Hu's announcement could be a way to avoid gamma's lim while maintaining distancing. I don't see that scenario as highly likely right now, but it's possible.

Regarding quickhammers in general, there's a time and place for them. Here's a game where I, as town, quickhammered scum:
viewtopic.php?p=14023291#p14023291

In this game, we had scum (including gamma in a hydra) at E-1 on D1:
viewtopic.php?p=14010270#p14010270

But then a townie dropped off because so many people here chant the more info mantra:
viewtopic.php?p=14010285&f=51&t=91997&u ... #p14010285

It can be really difficult to get a failed scum wagon back on track. What frequently happens, and what happened in that case, was we went on to lim a low activity townie.
I already tried to make an avatar but it said the picture is too large to everything I tried. Actually would appreciate some help in that regard.

Coming back to the game: I don’t understand the "CYA move" terminology and feel like I might misinterpret your point without it. Would it be fair to say that you’d support Hu Tao quickhammering Gamma if it comes to that?

Also that still doesn’t really answer my concerns with the ( Pseudo- ) Rng involved. But seeing like I seem to be the only one being irritated by that I must assume this situation is nothing unordinary.
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:12 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 532, Upwards wrote: I already tried to make an avatar but it said the picture is too large to everything I tried. Actually would appreciate some help in that regard.
I save the pic, open it in paint or something, resize, resave, then upload.
Coming back to the game: I don’t understand the "CYA move" terminology and feel like I might misinterpret your point without it.
"Cover Your Ass." I.e. Hu may be putting the warning up to reduce the possibility of a charge against her tomorrow.

Another possibility is that she announces it to judge reactions: does anyone drop off? Does someone quickly jump on the wagon?
Would it be fair to say that you’d support Hu Tao quickhammering Gamma if it comes to that?
Yes. I think there's a good possibility that gamma is scum. This is a closed setup, so there's no way to verify a PR claim if she made one. She's posted a lot and interacted with a lot of players, so there's good info to be obtained. I don't see a downside to it.
Also that still doesn’t really answer my concerns with the ( Pseudo- ) Rng involved. But seeing like I seem to be the only one being irritated by that I must assume this situation is nothing unordinary.
I don't see that there's RNG (pseudo or otherwise) involved. If you're not ready for a gamma flip you're free to remove your vote. Just be prepared to be held accountable for that if she does flip red down the road.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:36 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 345, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 339, Naerys wrote: I thought Hu Tao´s entry was towny but as the game progressed, i dont like her dynamics with Gamma at all.
Also dont like Gamma´s reasoning for switching vote on Claptastik. Overall i get a feeling like Gamma is trying to position herself as town, and is worried that she doesnt look towny enough.
I think Gamma+Hu Tao are buddies.
VOTE: Gamma
What exactly do you see as my reason for voting Clap?
Thats the problem, i didnt see any.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That feels like a cop out
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 249, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 235, Laplacian wrote: @GammaEmerald
You've got your towncore posted, but any scumreads?
Clap is a scumlean because the meta point feels half-baked
I can’t remember anything else pinging me
ftr this point about the half-baked meta is tied to my later critique of his lack of any feeling about the scumgame of mine that ended recently: even if I was not that active I was still present, plus he seemed opinionated in the dead PT so I thought he had some thoughts on me that would carry over into his approach on me here
<Embrace The Void>

Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:47 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 456, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 448, Claptastik wrote:
In post 395, Gamma Emerald wrote: I’m questioning that myself too; feel like he should be doing something more here regarding me given a game just wrapped that we were both in
In that game you were in a hydra and let the other head carry the slot, then you dropped out. I don't see where I'm going to learn much if anything about your solo play from that game. This is a very weak charge.
Okay
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:49 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 361, Upwards wrote: Naerys, can you elaborate on what you don’t like about them interacting?
I have some nagging feeling like these 2 are working together.Kinda feels like Hu Tao throws a ball and Gamma determines the direction it should go.
Eh, i really dont know how to put it to words
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:51 am

Post by Upwards »

In post 533, Claptastik wrote:
In post 532, Upwards wrote: I already tried to make an avatar but it said the picture is too large to everything I tried. Actually would appreciate some help in that regard.
I save the pic, open it in paint or something, resize, resave, then upload.
Coming back to the game: I don’t understand the "CYA move" terminology and feel like I might misinterpret your point without it.
"Cover Your Ass." I.e. Hu may be putting the warning up to reduce the possibility of a charge against her tomorrow.

Another possibility is that she announces it to judge reactions: does anyone drop off? Does someone quickly jump on the wagon?
Would it be fair to say that you’d support Hu Tao quickhammering Gamma if it comes to that?
Yes. I think there's a good possibility that gamma is scum. This is a closed setup, so there's no way to verify a PR claim if she made one. She's posted a lot and interacted with a lot of players, so there's good info to be obtained. I don't see a downside to it.
I don't see that there's RNG (pseudo or otherwise) involved. If you're not ready for a gamma flip you're free to remove your vote. Just be prepared to be held accountable for that if she does flip red down the road.
I see. My point with the RNG is that both claimed to do a thing at the same point X in the future but there’s no way to hold them accountable to that claim since they’re directly contradicting each other and can always just blame the other.

Anyways, my vote on Gamma was a conscious decision that I stand by since I have seen nothing to suggest that my logic doesn’t hold. In my eyes she’s the most suspicious so far and I’m prepared to be held accountable for that.
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:07 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 418, Gamma Emerald wrote: @Naerys: please explain your Hu Tao progression.
Hu is generally hard to read for me, but at the beginning of this game i had towny vibes from her. Then i started to feel strange "chemistry" between hers and yours posting, its hard to describe. Its ridiculous but you 2 feel like a volleyball partners.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Which posts give that vibe?
<Embrace The Void>

Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:09 am

Post by Upwards »

In post 538, Naerys wrote:
In post 361, Upwards wrote: Naerys, can you elaborate on what you don’t like about them interacting?
I have some nagging feeling like these 2 are working together.Kinda feels like Hu Tao throws a ball and Gamma determines the direction it should go.
So what do you make of Hu Tao saying she’d eliminate Gamma at E-1? Think it’s a bluff?

Bottom Text
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:18 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 105, Gamma Emerald wrote: Why is it scum instead of just newb?
In post 107, Hu Tao wrote: Could be. But I feel new people are not as likely to have a scripted opening like that.
In post 166, Hu Tao wrote: Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I'm having more town reads than scumreads at this point
In post 167, Gamma Emerald wrote: Um yeah that’s normal, there’s more town than scum, at least there should be in a well-balanced game
In post 318, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 316, Claptastik wrote: You and gypyx.

Yours?
You and FuDuzn
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:18 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 542, Upwards wrote:
In post 538, Naerys wrote:
So what do you make of Hu Tao saying she’d eliminate Gamma at E-1? Think it’s a bluff?
I thought Hu said she would hammer Margot, not Gamma.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

320 was not a reaction to Hu Tao in the slightest
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 308, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 301, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 273, Upwards wrote: Okay here we go.

I find Gamma suspicious for the townblock on day 1 when that’s a time where there’s really little basis for such a thing.

On the flipside I like Claptastic, Deltawave and Laplacian for calling it out.

I’m really mixed on Gypyx. She’s very active which is probably a good sign, but then again I don’t like my exchange with her. In #92 she feels the need to state that I shouldn’t blindly trust her, which is obvious enough that it irritated even me as a beginner. What follows is this strange discussion only to end it somewhat condescendingly in #206. Not a fan.
this is surface level analysis
Regardless of my alignment I think calling my townblock out is an easy thing to do as scum. This seems less like a real thought process and more like reflexively giving townpoints to player who’ve criticized me.
"Calling me scummy for the scummy thing I did is an easy thing to do" Yes there is a reason as to why that's so easy

EBWOP Clap stole my zinger
In post 309, Claptastik wrote: Excellent, great minds etc!
This was what the smh was for, this little circlejerk
<Embrace The Void>

Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:21 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 354, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 350, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 339, Naerys wrote: I thought Hu Tao´s entry was towny but as the game progressed, i dont like her dynamics with Gamma at all.
Also dont like Gamma´s reasoning for switching vote on Claptastik. Overall i get a feeling like Gamma is trying to position herself as town, and is worried that she doesnt look towny enough.
This is a great post from you. I think you're town (for once)
I agree that Naerys feels town, but calling that a great post doesn’t land
In post 355, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 354, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 350, Hu Tao wrote:
This is a great post from you. I think you're town (for once)
I agree that Naerys feels town, but calling that a great post doesn’t land
I don't agree with the post. But I can see how and why she came to that conclusion so that makes it a great post.
Honestly the exchange here feels rather unfinished.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:22 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 545, Gamma Emerald wrote: 320 was not a reaction to Hu Tao in the slightest
Okay, i was look at your iso so i might have missed that
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:24 am

Post by Naerys »