Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:18 pm

Post by Black »

In post 1516, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1508, Katsuki wrote: It boils down to her job being to look town as oppose to find scum.
See this is my main problem with Black at the moment, and it's hurting my head quite a lot they are somehow are balancing a fine line between what I consider scummy, and then justifying it in a way that works well and it keeps going back and forth. Usually it's one way or another in my reads but they're like constantly dead on that line wobbling between the two and I'm unable to really see if that's just them as Town (the game I was reading them last, just closed I had a pretty substantial scum-read on them so this game has to be different somehow) or they're scum that's really good at squeezing out of things which is why I asked them directly which again is probably stupid but I really want this out of my head. I feel like I'm getting played?
If it helps at all, I often times seem scummy when I'm town. It's a trend with me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:21 pm

Post by Black »

In post 1523, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1521, Black wrote:
In post 1517, JacksonVirgo wrote: I don't like this feeling
What is your read on Katsuki?
Town
You write paragraphs all game, surely you can give me more than this. What do you townread about her?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:21 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1516, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1508, Katsuki wrote: It boils down to her job being to look town as oppose to find scum.
See this is my main problem with Black at the moment, and it's hurting my head quite a lot they are somehow are balancing a fine line between what I consider scummy, and then justifying it in a way that works well and it keeps going back and forth. Usually it's one way or another in my reads but they're like constantly dead on that line wobbling between the two and I'm unable to really see if that's just them as Town (the game I was reading them last, just closed I had a pretty substantial scum-read on them so this game has to be different somehow) or they're scum that's really good at squeezing out of things which is why I asked them directly which again is probably stupid but I really want this out of my head. I feel like I'm getting played?
She's good, is all I can say lol. It's a huge reason why I love her play so much and why I've just been sitting back. I'm enjoying how she plays and I neither have the energy nor the ego to try and make the game unpleasant for everyone else while I try my way to deathtunnel her into the ground D1. There's also a degree of unfamiliarity there ofc, so I really wanted to take my time to figure out the rest of the game before pushing for her.

Just look at her tactics to try and convince the game that my read on her is bad. What need is there for townBlack to do this when I'm not even pushing for her nom today, when I've been pretty clear that I want her flipped
after a dragondann scumflip
?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:23 pm

Post by Black »

In post 1527, Katsuki wrote: Just look at her tactics to try and convince the game that my read on her is bad. What need is there for townBlack to do this when I'm not even pushing for her nom today, when I've been pretty clear that I want her flipped after a dragondann scumflip?
I do this as town in every single game I play. When someone has a bad read on me I call them out on it. If you looked over my games you should know this
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:25 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1507, Black wrote: Anyway I'm starting to cross a personal line I've set for myself where I don't get super frustrated at the game, so I'm going to take a deep breath and just chill
I will say that this is just a game and that hopefully we can all enjoy ourselves, or at least not have a bad time from playing. Nothing is personal.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:26 pm

Post by Black »

And part of the reason I brought up your bad read was because I thought you were scum and the read was fake

I'm not just calling your read bad so people will think I'm town. I wanted to show them that you're scum
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:26 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1528, Black wrote:
In post 1527, Katsuki wrote: Just look at her tactics to try and convince the game that my read on her is bad. What need is there for townBlack to do this when I'm not even pushing for her nom today, when I've been pretty clear that I want her flipped after a dragondann scumflip?
I do this as town in every single game I play. When someone has a bad read on me I call them out on it. If you looked over my games you should know this
We can revisit this post-dragondann flip.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:27 pm

Post by Black »

In post 1529, Katsuki wrote:
In post 1507, Black wrote: Anyway I'm starting to cross a personal line I've set for myself where I don't get super frustrated at the game, so I'm going to take a deep breath and just chill
I will say that this is just a game and that hopefully we can all enjoy ourselves, or at least not have a bad time from playing. Nothing is personal.
<3

Yeah my bad. I recognize that I probably made it not enjoyable for a little bit there
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:27 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1530, Black wrote: And part of the reason I brought up your bad read was because I thought you were scum and the read was fake

I'm not just calling your read bad so people will think I'm town. I wanted to show them that you're scum

I know that you want to show them that I'm scum, am well aware of that. I take no offense for you calling my reads or play bad.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:29 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1525, Black wrote: If it helps at all, I often times seem scummy when I'm town. It's a trend with me
I think that's a trend with most people at a particular point as they're not so focused on self-image, but in this game it's different than that and I'm also seeing it from the point that the two games I have played with you that I recall. One, you were confirmed Town when I replaced in (my masonry game, I babysat protected you) and the second you couldn't respond back to me because
you
replaced out which was a recent game just closed so I don't know how you respond to these things as Town, but the main issue I have is that there's this feeling that you're expertly bouncing around my reads/arguments and straight playing me and feeding into the things I want to hear because there's been many times I've asked you a question straight up instead of doing a "test" because I felt it would be more effective and less risky but each time you say the perfect thing I'm looking for (slight exaggeration but you get my point) but in a way that it satisfies the logical part of my thinking which I've said before but the feeling still remains in my gut.

Like the whole behaviour around switching from me to Naerys once I let go of my read on you, I wanted to test it directly and push you but decided to ask you instead and you told me what I wanted to hear and satisfied that but then you go and do the exact same thing with Dragon -> Katsuki and it feels like it's not what you said it was. It feels like it's just you switching to what you want to switch to and you feel like you want to make an overjustification as to why you're switching instead of switching. It doesn't feel like a natural progression to me and it doesn't feel like what you said it was (or what I asked about) for it's just you evolving/shifting reads to the stronger one, you said so yourself through the read on Katsuki is not that strong and u feel Dragon is wolf so you did the exact same thing with me/naerys with katsuki but the reads on katsuki/dragon are completely different than they were with us. You're allowed to switch to Katsuki but the way you're over explaining your thought process when it comes down to making the actual moves it reads as off, and reads as you trying to save face. You've done it three times now from memory which is the read on Naerys, the switch from myself to Naerys again and then the switch from Dragon to Katsuki.

It's not just those types of reads either, I just feel like you're playing in a way that just constantly just bounces back and forth in my reads and I just feel this is off because I've never really been in this position with you before as I said earlier or you're scum playing me.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:29 pm

Post by Black »

In post 1531, Katsuki wrote:
In post 1528, Black wrote:
We can revisit this post-dragondann flip.
Is there any reason why you don't want to talk about it now? Like this kinda ties into what I was saying about you not reconsidering your reads. I tell you that I do this as town and instead of thinking "hmm maybe she does" you just handwave me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:29 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

And it goes without saying, feeling like you're getting played is not a fun feeling lol so I want to get this sorted asap

wiki // GTKAS
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:32 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1532, Black wrote:
In post 1529, Katsuki wrote:
<3

Yeah my bad. I recognize that I probably made it not enjoyable for a little bit there
Not at all, dw about it.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

intent to hammer

I actually feel somewhat better about JV after our exchange, and since I already TR Thomith and know I’m town, that just leaves Dragon/Dannflor as the only person who can be scum off-wagon.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:33 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1538, Gamma Emerald wrote: I actually feel somewhat better about JV after our exchange, and since I already TR Thomith and know I’m town, that just leaves Dragon/Dannflor as the only person who can be scum off-wagon.
Our exchange being talking about Hu Tao's writing?

wiki // GTKAS
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:34 pm

Post by Black »

@Jackson, I care about how people read me when I'm town so I try to make my thought process as apparent as possible. I feel like a failure when I'm scumread as town and I end up getting caught up in those scumreads and lose focus in solving the game. It's a flaw I have
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:34 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1526, Black wrote: You write paragraphs all game, surely you can give me more than this. What do you townread about her?
Sure lmao, I was answering your question directly cuz I felt it was funny. Give me a moment, I'm making lunch now

wiki // GTKAS
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yes @JV
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:35 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1542, Gamma Emerald wrote: Yes @JV
What about it? I don't see how that could strengthen or weaken a read, like at all

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:36 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Also why are people looking for scum off the wagon? I still don't understand that, it was a town flip with a seeming wolf as a counterwagon

wiki // GTKAS
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1543, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1542, Gamma Emerald wrote: Yes @JV
What about it? I don't see how that could strengthen or weaken a read, like at all
it’s the way you concluded the interaction that feels towny. It felt like you had a real attachment to your opinion on the matter so while my point made sense, you wanted to stick to your guns
<Embrace The Void>

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:44 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I was thinking it was weird you of all people would be pushing people off wagon but no given your stance on myself and Thom it would make sense as to why dragon is your confident vote.

There's a few things I want to bring up before we throw Dann out, will get to them soon

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1540, Black wrote: @Jackson, I care about how people read me when I'm town so I try to make my thought process as apparent as possible. I feel like a failure when I'm scumread as town and I end up getting caught up in those scumreads and lose focus in solving the game. It's a flaw I have
Alright, I'll ask you directly again. What's the difference between your swap from myself to naerys, and the swap from Dann to Katsuki?

wiki // GTKAS
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Whoever said sorting a smaller pool is easier was right *shrug*
<Embrace The Void>

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:46 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1548, Gamma Emerald wrote: Whoever said sorting a smaller pool is easier was right *shrug*
Assuming we're all right on Dragon and they flip red, what's your other solve? Not talking about associative reads I couldn't care less but if you use them then go ham

wiki // GTKAS

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”