biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
compulsive complex Inventor
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:01 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1.11

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2024-01-14 01:13:22).
Combined Mod ISO.

Votecount
Gamma Emerald (5):
Alianna, Claptastik, Upwards, Naerys, DeltaWave
MargotRosa (3):
Gypyx, Laplacian, FuDuzn
DeltaWave (2):
Hu Tao, Zebedee
Laplacian (2):
lucca261, Gamma Emerald
FuDuzn (1):
MargotRosa

Not Voting (0).

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to send someone on the fast route to the afterlife.
Last edited by biancospino on Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:02 am

Post by Gypyx »

VOTE: Laplacian let's fucking gooooooo
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:03 am

Post by Hu Tao »

No. Lap is town 100%
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 602, Hu Tao wrote: No. Lap is town 100%
Now I know you’re capping. There is zero reason you should be townreading that ISO
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:11 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 591, lucca261 wrote:
In post 580, Upwards wrote:
In post 576, lucca261 wrote: Honestly I've been lurking on the thread a couple of times and it seems nothing actually happened those two past days (a lot of the posts are the Clap - Gamma argument that kinda bored me)

will re-read with more attention later, but for now

VOTE: Laplacian
What’s that vote for Lucca? From what I’ve seen you’ve disliked his early posting but never really explained why. Whereas you had explained why you disliked mine.

Also there did happen something with the Delta/Hu Tao situation around Gammas potential E-1, even if for some reason I seem to be the only player finding that noteworthy at all. Any thoughts on that perhaps?
Because his catch-up post is the most generic, 'go with the flow' readslist I have ever seen. I also don't really get the Hu Tao townread from him. It seems like a fake read to me
Saying he's "open to vote" the three most suspected slots on the game while scumreading the fourth most suspected slot and applying no pressure? It's not a town mindset

What's your opinion on the post?
I said I hadn't had time to do a deep dive, which I thought was clear by "vaguely keeping up" in the post you don't even bother to quote so that is hidden.

None of these are new to my list btw. I was prodding gamma earlier about the towncore, clearly had suspicions of both delta and upward, and hopped on the margot train early when it started. No shit I'm down to vote the most sus slots int he game
because they're the most sus slots in the game
. I had null read on you earlier, but now I see why people put you in their scumpool.

VOTE: Lucca
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:15 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 603, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Now I know you’re capping. There is zero reason you should be townreading that ISO
So am I scum then if I'm lying?
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:17 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 604, Laplacian wrote:
In post 576, lucca261 wrote: Honestly I've been lurking on the thread a couple of times and it seems nothing actually happened those two past days (a lot of the posts are the Clap - Gamma argument that kinda bored me)

What’s that vote for Lucca? From what I’ve seen you’ve disliked his early posting but never really explained why. Whereas you had explained why you disliked mine.

Also there did happen something with the Delta/Hu Tao situation around Gammas potential E-1, even if for some reason I seem to be the only player finding that noteworthy at all. Any thoughts on that perhaps?
Because his catch-up post is the most generic, 'go with the flow' readslist I have ever seen. I also don't really get the Hu Tao townread from him. It seems like a fake read to me
Saying he's "open to vote" the three most suspected slots on the game while scumreading the fourth most suspected slot and applying no pressure? It's not a town mindset

I said I hadn't had time to do a deep dive, which I thought was clear by "vaguely keeping up" in the post you don't even bother to quote so that is hidden.

None of these are new to my list btw. I was prodding gamma earlier about the towncore, clearly had suspicions of both delta and upward, and hopped on the margot train early when it started. No shit I'm down to vote the most sus slots int he game
. I had null read on you earlier, but now I see why people put you in their scumpool.

So you're voting for me (a null read), instead of Gamma, who also voted for you and you were scumreading?
cê filma e fala?

tu é o bixão mesmo hein doido
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:18 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 584, Gamma Emerald wrote: You’re misunderstanding the meaning of what I did
I wasn’t just trying to join your pair, I was trying to take the pairs of me + gypyx and you + FD and weld them together
We had like 20 pages of people, me included, phrasing your welding together as building a four player town block / towncore. Why did it take so long for you to clarify this?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:18 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Just his vibe is town. I don't think scum has his vibe
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 605, Hu Tao wrote:
Are admitting you don’t have a valid reason to TR Lap?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:20 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 606, lucca261 wrote:
In post 604, Laplacian wrote:

So you're voting for me (a null read), instead of Gamma, who also voted for you and you were scumreading?
Both y'all are voteworthy but I'm finally at a computer to deep dive. We'll see where it ends up once I'm done reading and checking votecounts
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 607, Laplacian wrote:
In post 584, Gamma Emerald wrote: You’re misunderstanding the meaning of what I did
I wasn’t just trying to join your pair, I was trying to take the pairs of me + gypyx and you + FD and weld them together
We had like 20 pages of people, me included, phrasing your welding together as building a four player town block / towncore. Why did it take so long for you to clarify this?
Because Hu Tao is the only one who is so self-involved to think it’s about her block with FD specifically
<Embrace The Void>

Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:24 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 569, Upwards wrote:
In post 562, Laplacian wrote:
In post 561, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 559, Laplacian wrote: I live! Event over, wife won a silver and a gold in her divisions. Been vaguely keeping up, will effortpost later when at a computer and not phone posting from an uber.

Until then, happy to vote Gamma, Delta, Margot

Will not vote HT, Gypyx

Can be persuaded on everyone else
your limpool is gross, it’s basically every viable vote at this moment.
Upward would be on there too, but I really dont want to lim a newbie day 1
Now that’s just silly isn’t it? While I’d appreciate it to get to play more, I think you must naturally consider voting me if I really appear suspicious to you. Or is there something other than pity behind that thought process?

Would like to hear your case here.
From the opening post:
In post 1, DragonEater70 wrote: Have fun - This is not an option. Games are only good when players are having fun. If you are not having fun, replace out. There is no shame in this. I have no problem with it. You are not a bad person. Both you and the game will be happier for it.
Getting nuked day 1 as a newbie sucks and it's a good way to have people not stick around and play more. If you're above that, cool, more power to you, but I generally make it a policy to not vote them day 1 without egregious circumstances.

And this is a genuine question, not idle curiosity. You dropped some chess references earlier. What is your Elo rating?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:26 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 609, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Are admitting you don’t have a valid reason to TR Lap?
I looked at his newbie game where he was town. He seems the same. As a new player I don't think he'd be the same as scum here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 612, Laplacian wrote: Getting nuked day 1 as a newbie sucks and it's a good way to have people not stick around and play more. If you're above that, cool, more power to you, but I generally make it a policy to not vote them day 1 without egregious circumstances.
Source???
<Embrace The Void>

Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:33 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 614, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 612, Laplacian wrote: Getting nuked day 1 as a newbie sucks and it's a good way to have people not stick around and play more. If you're above that, cool, more power to you, but I generally make it a policy to not vote them day 1 without egregious circumstances.
Source???
wtf? Source is I've been curbstomped in games before and just peaced out instead of learning. Isn't just a mafia rule, it's a good rule for all games. Do you want a notarized transcript of my friends trying to get me to league?

Hell, this is game design 101, make sure the first experience is good before people funnel out. It's the reason fortnite gives you an easy win vs bots when you first sign up. It's the reason every single mobile games tracks retention and tries to max the 1-week numbers.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think if someone can’t handle getting voted out D1 as a newb, they might not have think enough skin for this game.
<Embrace The Void>

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:41 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Is this the kind of thing where you know Lap is town, Lap gets eliminated, and then you try to gain townpoints as a result?
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:47 am

Post by Upwards »

In post 612, Laplacian wrote:
In post 569, Upwards wrote:
In post 562, Laplacian wrote:
In post 561, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 559, Laplacian wrote: I live! Event over, wife won a silver and a gold in her divisions. Been vaguely keeping up, will effortpost later when at a computer and not phone posting from an uber.

Until then, happy to vote Gamma, Delta, Margot

Will not vote HT, Gypyx

Can be persuaded on everyone else
your limpool is gross, it’s basically every viable vote at this moment.
Upward would be on there too, but I really dont want to lim a newbie day 1
Now that’s just silly isn’t it? While I’d appreciate it to get to play more, I think you must naturally consider voting me if I really appear suspicious to you. Or is there something other than pity behind that thought process?

Would like to hear your case here.
From the opening post:
In post 1, DragonEater70 wrote: Have fun - This is not an option. Games are only good when players are having fun. If you are not having fun, replace out. There is no shame in this. I have no problem with it. You are not a bad person. Both you and the game will be happier for it.
Getting nuked day 1 as a newbie sucks and it's a good way to have people not stick around and play more. If you're above that, cool, more power to you, but I generally make it a policy to not vote them day 1 without egregious circumstances.

And this is a genuine question, not idle curiosity. You dropped some chess references earlier. What is your Elo rating?
My Elo? Hahaha I don’t have any. I just play it rarely and extremely casually. I’m out of book on move 2. Which doesn’t matter though since my opponents are usually out of book move 1. The reason that I’m somewhat familiar with the concepts I mentioned is that I watched a couple chess games from the WM and the commentary was incredibly informative. No comparison to football or the like.

I’d be interested in knowing why you wanted to know this.

That said, I’m a bit disappointed to hear that it’s really just pity. I had hoped there would have been a better explanation.
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:54 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Newbies have the same chance of being scum as everyone else. Unless the town no-elims, which is really rare on D1, someone has to go. There's no particular reason why newbies should have any additional protection. Just try to have fun with it.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:57 am

Post by DeltaWave »

From what I can tell, Lap's big sin is that he gave a low-effort read list and then OMGUS'ed Lucca. Is that the case against him?

Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:59 am

Post by Laplacian »

In post 620, DeltaWave wrote: From what I can tell, Lap's big sin is that he gave a low-effort read list and then OMGUS'ed Lucca. Is that the case against him?
I'm also gluttonous, which I've been informed is one of the top 7 sins
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:00 pm

Post by Claptastik »

Huh, a sudden push on the lowest activity slot in the game. That's not sus at all. :roll: This makes me feel better about the gamma and margot wagons, and worse about gypyx.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:02 pm

Post by Claptastik »

In post 604, Laplacian wrote: I said I hadn't had time to do a deep dive, which I thought was clear by "vaguely keeping up" in the post you don't even bother to quote so that is hidden.

That's a wasted vote. Vote gamma.
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:03 pm

Post by Laplacian »

In post 619, DeltaWave wrote:
Newbies have the same chance of being scum as everyone else. Unless the town no-elims, which is really rare on D1, someone has to go. There's no particular reason why newbies should have any additional protection. Just try to have fun with it.
The also have the same chance of being town as everyone else. I'll crunch numbers later, but I'm pretty sure ignoring a newbie for day 1 votes cancels out the odds

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”