Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Moratorium »

roflcopter wrote: anyone who thinks this dictatorthon is stupid and that we should be playing mafia instead of larping can come back to reality and help elect me dictator
Well it's been made pretty plain that you're the wrong choice to elect, as this is now the second time that you've proposed reasons to elect you that are essentially casting wide fishing nets trying to catch electoral votes from players who've expressed similar opinions.

People express reservations about campaigning for dictator, Occam was the first to do so, you state "my first act as dictator would be to execute occam". People start to express reservations about the dictatorthon, you use that in the quote above as a platform for votes.

unelect: roflcopter

Moratorium wrote:
Caligulaph, are you post restricted?
Moratorium wrote:
Moratorium wrote:
In triplicate because I was ignored the first time.
Slysly wrote: I am willing to elect the person that the town becomes most convinced of as being town.
And this is the best point made so far. I fail to see how winning a dictatorthon equates to electing the person we think has the least chance of being scummy. It feels more scum-driven, with town lazily playing along.
Many people wrote:
...bunch of people trying to find game-breaking mason mechanic...
Considering the plot twists that Machiavellian-Mafia likes to throw in his games, I would have to think that trying to play "Outguess the Mod" (tm) is especially a bad thing to do here. We should expect some strange events to occur, but trying to guess what it is specifically and act on our guesses might lead us to counterproductive actions.

I highly recommend that people take the time to read Prisoner Dilemma I, wierd stuff like prison break-ins where one of the prisoners died, everyone then suspecting the other prisoner.. This game is likely to have a Bastard Mod feeling to it, what with all the potential twists.

elect: Slysly

Expresses pro-town opinions, experience with previous M-M games, rejects playing "answer my 20 inane questions" as a means to gain dictatorship.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:19 am

Post by roflcopter »

sorry guys, but this game just isn't for me. i've requested replacement.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:09 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

roflcopter wrote:sorry guys, but this game just isn't for me. i've requested replacement.
Scumtell? :?
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Jebus »

Caligulaph wrote:Here's the scenario: You have been elected dictator, and you have had a suspician about a certain townsperson being a mafia scum ever since day one. Since you are the dictator and you might as well execute him/her, how would you do it? Would you do it quick and thoughtless? Would you formally state to the victim your reasons, or give him/her any last words? Would you feed them to a giant tortoise, or boil them in a stew with finely-diced vegetables? Just how would you like to execute this townsperson?
Throw out the meat (eg, I think this person is scum for xyz, discuss), and decide from there. It's basically the same scenario as last time you asked :/
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Caligulaph
Caligulaph
Townie
Caligulaph
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Caligulaph »

First and foremost, Moratorium, kind gentlesir, ladyman, or exotic animal of indefinite age, I deeply apologize for having missed your question! I apologize again for not entirely understanding what you mean by post restricted. I think I may have ignored it for that reason, actually. Terribly sorry, though.

Now for my answer for the Dictatorthon: I would not go about acting on a mere dislike or hunch when it comes to executing plausible scum (similar to what has been previously said by someone whose name escapes my memory - sorry!). I would find at least a little more evidence with what this person has said and done, how instinctively they have acted toward certain subjects, their levels of defensiveness, or anything and everything that could prove as evidence. Then I would expose my gatherings on my observations and consult and compare observations with everyone else, paying close attention to my officers I mentioned in my plans for dictatorship.

If my two officers think one person should be executed, while the entire rest of the town think otherwise, then of course I would not trust them. My plan is to postpone the killing until half of my officers and about half of the town agree with my decision, but of course preferably more than half.

Once I know who I am going to kill, then, with gentle firmness, I will give a quick shot to the head, so as to be efficient and painless. Though I would like the scum to suffer a great deal, we must remember our humanity.

And this, my fellows, is my method of taking care of the scum.
-Dannald

P.S. - I will be away from all computers from December 27, 2008 until January 1, 2009. Happy new year.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by SlySly »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
roflcopter wrote:sorry guys, but this game just isn't for me. i've requested replacement.
It is definitely noteworthy.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

SiestaGuru wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:Does Caligulaph always type so..polite?

unvote, vote: Caligulaph

I don't like how rofl insists on speeding things up and is already dead set on executing occam. Caligulaph seems like a pretty good choice at the moment. The feast sounds amazing, but there better be fish.
Are you trying to get him lynched or elected here?
*sigh*

unelect, elect: Caligulaph

:oops:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

SlySly wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
It is definitely noteworthy.
I think rofl just legitamentally doesn't like this kind of format, I suppose, based on playing with him before. He's usually is very speedy, and perhaps a bit impatient, so I could understand why he wouldn't like this kind of mafia.

Sorry for killing the thread though.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Moratorium »

Caligulaph wrote: First and foremost, Moratorium, kind gentlesir, ladyman, or exotic animal of indefinite age, I deeply apologize for having missed your question! I apologize again for not entirely understanding what you mean by post restricted. I think I may have ignored it for that reason, actually. Terribly sorry, though.
Does anything mentioned in your role PM affect the way you are posting?
orangepenguin wrote: I think rofl just legitamentally doesn't like this kind of format, I suppose, based on playing with him before. He's usually is very speedy, and perhaps a bit impatient, so I could understand why he wouldn't like this kind of mafia.
Defense noted.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Election Count #3

3 - Caligulaph (christiano drago, Occam, orangepenguin)
2 - SlySly (Gorrad, Moratorium)

1 - Moratorium (Jebus)
1 - roflcopter (roflcopter)
1 - Der Hammer (Der Hammer)
1 - Occam (SiestaGuru)

Not voting: SlySly, Caligulaph, MonkeyMan576

Remember the deadline is 10:00 AM EST on Sunday, December 21st, 2008
The end justifies the means.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:23 am

I will begin searching for a replacement for roflcopter.

No prods are currently needed.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:26 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

My vote on Occam is a bit pointless right now, and Id rather see cali win this election then sly. because I havent seen any real reasons for a sly election ( "I played with him" doesn't cut it for me) while cali has been really helpfull for the town.

unelect, elect: Caligulaph
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:03 am

Post by SlySly »

SiestaGuru wrote: ( "I played with him" doesn't cut it for me)
What do you mean by this?
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:14 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

SlySly wrote:
The argumentation behind one of the votes on you:
Gorrad wrote:/Confirmage

Elect: SlySly
, the only one in this game I've played with before.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:04 am

Post by SlySly »

SiestaGuru wrote:
SlySly wrote:

Ah, ok. I had forgotten about Gorrad's reason and I have to agree that reason alone wouldn't cut it for me either.

What are your thought about posts 84 & 85?
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Occam »

Something to think about is that the dictator can pretty much rule the game if we aren't careful. He can end the day 5 minutes after it starts if he wants to.
Slice.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:50 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Electing Cal is a little bit like GWB choosing Cheney for VP after he was running the VP search in 2000. And I don't want Occum or ROFL So...

Elect: Gorrad

He seems to be acting the most reasonable at this point and has some mafia knowledge.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:01 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Occam wrote:Something to think about is that the dictator can pretty much rule the game if we aren't careful. He can end the day 5 minutes after it starts if he wants to.

2. The DICTATOR is the only person who has the power to decide who is executed for each day. When the DICTATOR has reached a decision, he or she should post execute: playername. Each day ends when there is an execution.
The earliest time the DICTATOR can execute a player is 48 hours after the start of each day
. If nobody is executed by the deadline, nothing happens and night ensues.
Luckily its not that bad, but the dictator still holds alot of power.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:09 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

SlySly wrote:
SiestaGuru wrote:
SlySly wrote:

Ah, ok. I had forgotten about Gorrad's reason and I have to agree that reason alone wouldn't cut it for me either.

What are your thought about posts 84 & 85?
The tactic you suggest seems too risky for me, a mason pair doesn't even mean a guarenteed town pair. And revealing the masons to the mafia just seems like a horrible idea, it only takes one shot to get rid of the dictator afterall (if hes not using his shield that is) while a (alive) mason pair can be extremely valuable a few days in.
It doesn't sound like a scummy idea though, if thats what you ment. Clearly a proven dictator can be worth quite a lot, but is it valuable enough to reveal the mason pair (if there is one)?

85 gives some intresting information, but its not something we can really use in calculations/assumptions since the unpredictability can go both ways.. It jsut makes everything less certain, not just a few things, so im not too sure how this could be used to our advantage.
Caligulaph
Caligulaph
Townie
Caligulaph
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Caligulaph »

To Doctor Moratorium, whom I designate him or her as for the sake of presenting a profound and gender-ambiguous title: I am not post restricted, if that is what it means. Though I am somewhat curious as to why you asked.

I am positive that you all noticed a lack of me making challenges for the Dictatorthon. I chose to do this willingly for two reasons:
1) A lack of interest on my part, and an observed lack of interest on most of the compedetors' parts
2) No one complained
I logically drew that it would be safe to discontinue. I think that perhaps Professor Occam's (whom I designate him or her as for the same reasoning as I did name Doctor Moratorium) original plan for the Dictatorthon was more of true challenges or some other exciting things of sorts. I am sorry for being unable to carry out his true dream, though I am glad that the first couple questions might have helped on breaking the ice. Maybe? Maybe not? No matter; it is done with, for now.

I linger over choosing who to elect, but for the moment, if it was not hugely notable since the start, I do have an extent of respect towards Occam. At the same time, I do see a couple more of you using your thinking caps noteworthibly, and I would like someone who uses their thinking cap and makes close observations to be elected. It is for this reasoning that I will wait to make any kind of decision, for the moment.
-Dannald

P.S. - I will be away from all computers from December 27, 2008 until January 1, 2009. Happy new year.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:42 pm

Jazzmyn replaces roflcopter, effective immediately. Let's welcome Jazzmyn to the game!
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Occam »

Yo what up Jazz.
Slice.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Hello, all

As noted above, I am replacing roflcopter, and I'm delighted to join you.

Unelect

I'll catch up shortly (the thread isn't very long so it won't take me long) and post more then.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Well, there isn't much to go on yet, but at this early stage I could see electing either Occam or Gorrad as the initial dictator. The idea of instituting a 'rotation' schedule for the first few days also seems like a good idea as a way of ensuring that if we wrongly elect scum to the office, they would have to abdicate on schedule or be outed and overthrown. On the other hand, since scum would be utterly foolish not to abdicate on schedule in light of a prior agreement to do so, the rotation system might also serve to lend a false sense of security in the event that we elect scum, when they
do
abdicate on schedule.

Without knowing how many scum there are and without knowing how many days we'll have to eradicate them, I'm not sure whether or not we can come up with a rotation plan that would minimize this potential problem, but I'll give it some more thought and I invite others to please offer up their thoughts on the matter.

Regards,
Jazz
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by SlySly »

To me, this game is exactly opposite of how a game of mafia is usually played. Usually you want to make certain that you are voting scum, in this game I think it is crucial for us to elect a town dictator in order to get the town win.

I think, if there is a cop in this game, the cop should claim and we should elect him dictator and have him stay dictator as long as possible.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”