Goon
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:38 pm

Post by Laplacian »

In post 1012, Upwards wrote:
In post 1011, Naerys wrote: VOTE: Upwards
meanwhile putting pressure on this slot
Pressure, yes…

May I ask what this pressure is supposed to amount to? I’m happy to respond to any actual questions or arguments about what I may or may not have done d1 ( and d2, for that matter ). That’s the case for however many votes there are on me though.
You can all unvote me right now or put me at E-1
and nothing changes in that regard as far as I’m concerned.

The only issue I have with this wagon right now is that there’s nothing new to talk about.
If you insist.
VOTE: Upwards

E-1. You talk about answering questions about day 1 and day 2. How about night 1? Got a claim?
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:07 pm

Post by Prince of Paterson »

This is a very lazy wagon. It doesn't feel like anyone is trying to sort Upwards.
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:11 pm

In post 1021, DeltaWave wrote: Have you played with Enchant before?
I have two completed games with Enchant, one where they were town, and one where they were scum. As town they were measurably more engaged with the game and had clear thoughts and opinions. As scum they barely did anything.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1026, Prince of Paterson wrote: This is a very lazy wagon. It doesn't feel like anyone is trying to sort Upwards.
Who do you think is scum?
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:42 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

I hereby intend to hammer. I want to see the claim though.

Meanwhile, pop, show your work.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:55 pm

In post 1028, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1026, Prince of Paterson wrote: This is a very lazy wagon. It doesn't feel like anyone is trying to sort Upwards.
Who do you think is scum?
Nothing the Enchant slot has done has made me consider that they might be town. I'm not sure on a possible second, the only townread I'm confident in is Gypyx, and I don't think it's Lapacian.
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:00 pm

In post 1029, DeltaWave wrote:Meanwhile, pop, show your work.
The difference between these ISOs is very evident. It doesn't take long to look through.

viewtopic.php?t=89682&user_select%5B%5D=35064

viewtopic.php?p=13587857&f=56&t=90204&u ... B%5D=35064
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:01 pm

Why are you declaring intent to hammer with a week left in the day phase when you were hesitant to have Gamma on E-1 at the end of the previous day?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:04 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

UNVOTE:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:05 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Upward should probably claim though
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:56 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Votecount 2.05

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2024-01-22 03:32:58).
Combined mod ISO.

Votecount
Upwards (4):
Gypyx, Mucho Man Randy Passion, Naerys, Laplacian
Prince of Paterson (1):
DeltaWave
Mucho Man Randy Passion (1):
Enchant

Not Voting (4):
Upwards, lucca261, Prince of Paterson, Hu Tao

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to throw someone to the lions.

Flavor
Elf Fact #5:
Humans often say that elf music sounds magical. Well, it IS magical! Elves usually play on enchanted instruments, whose music soothes the soul and heals physical injuries.
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:32 pm

VOTE: Enchant
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:41 pm

Post by Upwards »

Everything PoP is posting screams town to me.
Even excluding the topic of myself his view of Enchant sounds reasonable and I second his 1032.

Combined with Margot having his slot as Scum Lean that leaves me with the Prince of Paterson as my most solid town read at this point.
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:42 pm

Post by Upwards »

Want to see Enchant to react to his 1031 though.
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:53 pm

Post by Upwards »

In post 1016, Gypyx wrote: the annoyance around there being nothing to talk about might also come a bit from an informed perspective? Like, that's maybe a me thing but as a townie there's thousands of things i could ask about at anytime, irrelevant yes but when you know the truth it's hard to have theories that are so out there come to your mind
If you refer to my reply to Naerys in 1012, the "nothing new to talk about" refered to my own wagon that had more votes than arguments behind it at that point. And I’m a fan of actual arguments so that was what annoyed me.

In fact there are a couple of things I’d like to talk about outside of myself. For starters, any thoughts on Delta and Hu Tao?

Bottom Text
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:23 pm

Post by Upwards »

In post 1025, Laplacian wrote:
In post 1012, Upwards wrote:
In post 1011, Naerys wrote: VOTE: Upwards
meanwhile putting pressure on this slot
Pressure, yes…

May I ask what this pressure is supposed to amount to? I’m happy to respond to any actual questions or arguments about what I may or may not have done d1 ( and d2, for that matter ). That’s the case for however many votes there are on me though.
You can all unvote me right now or put me at E-1
and nothing changes in that regard as far as I’m concerned.

The only issue I have with this wagon right now is that there’s nothing new to talk about.
If you insist.
VOTE: Upwards

E-1. You talk about answering questions about day 1 and day 2. How about night 1? Got a claim?
In post 1034, Hu Tao wrote: Upward should probably claim though
That’s because there was literally nothing to do for me n1. I’m a Vanilla Townie.

Feel free to ask whatever you want about n1 as well though.

Bottom Text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:11 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1039, Upwards wrote:
In post 1016, Gypyx wrote: the annoyance around there being nothing to talk about might also come a bit from an informed perspective? Like, that's maybe a me thing but as a townie there's thousands of things i could ask about at anytime, irrelevant yes but when you know the truth it's hard to have theories that are so out there come to your mind
If you refer to my reply to Naerys in 1012, the "nothing new to talk about" refered to my own wagon that had more votes than arguments behind it at that point. And I’m a fan of actual arguments so that was what annoyed me.

In fact there are a couple of things I’d like to talk about outside of myself. For starters, any thoughts on Delta and Hu Tao?
Hu Tao i read as scum but i feel like they don't make much sense as a mafia member in terms of the game event so i'm holding on to it

Delta is probably the slots i have the least thoughts about but i trust they're town

what about you?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:14 pm

In post 1041, Gypyx wrote: but i feel like they don't make much sense as a mafia member in terms of the game event so i'm holding on to it
Please, can you elaborate on why you feel this?
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:22 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 1032, Prince of Paterson wrote: Why are you declaring intent to hammer with a week left in the day phase when you were hesitant to have Gamma on E-1 at the end of the previous day?
Wtf are you talking about. I was the E-1 vote. How was I hesitant?

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:26 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 1031, Prince of Paterson wrote:
In post 1029, DeltaWave wrote:Meanwhile, pop, show your work.
The difference between these ISOs is very evident. It doesn't take long to look through.

viewtopic.php?t=89682&user_select%5B%5D=35064

viewtopic.php?p=13587857&f=56&t=90204&u ... B%5D=35064
I don't know if I would call it "very" evident but you might have a point. Townie enchant seemed to produce slightly more actual content while scum enchant was more flippant.

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:30 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1042, Prince of Paterson wrote:
In post 1041, Gypyx wrote: but i feel like they don't make much sense as a mafia member in terms of the game event so i'm holding on to it
Gotta admit, i'm working a bit off of my memory of my thoughts here but basically given the small level of chaos we have / her (lack of) interactions with the margot wagon she basically hasn't acted with a scum agenda, which could mean deepscum but most likely town

VOTE: Enchant

Come fouth foul Enchanter of the Mafia
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:52 pm

In post 1043, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 1032, Prince of Paterson wrote: Why are you declaring intent to hammer with a week left in the day phase when you were hesitant to have Gamma on E-1 at the end of the previous day?
Wtf are you talking about. I was the E-1 vote. How was I hesitant?

My reference was to this:
In post 455, DeltaWave wrote: VOTE: Gamma, but I would unvote if Gamma got to E-1. I still want to get more information out of Alianna's replacement and to get some more activity in general going from people who are lower in the post counts. I'd also like Zeb to explain his vote, which seemed to come out of nowhere, and which made me think some things that I'll share after he explains.
It's a markedly different mentality and I was wondering what was the cause for the difference.
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:00 pm

Post by Upwards »

In post 1017, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 1015, Upwards wrote: In hindsight I can say that her behavior shortly before the Gamma elimination was strange, starting a huge discussion with Delta pretending to try to save Gamma, a player she knew was her opponent, while interacting comparably little with Hu Tao who I saw as the other piece of the puzzle in that situation. As I said in my 828, that looks like an potential avenue to explore for me and I would be interested in hearing an opinion from Delta and Hu Tao on it.

Back then though, I didn’t think any of that.
It's clear from the end-of-day events on D1 that Margot knew Gamma was going to flip town and was trying to collect townpoints by vehemently opposing a mis-elim. The fact is (and truly no offense to Gamma) is that Gamma did a bunch of scummy things despite being town and got eliminated for it. But Margot's apparent certainty about Gamma's flip sounded very much like she was trying to go into D2 looking spotless by opposing the wagon.

That being said, the timing of your vote really did look like it was trying to distract from the Margot wagon.

I am still way behind since I just got home but my limpool right now is pretty much just Upwards and PoP. I do want to take a look at Enchant because I also felt that Enchant's vote against Mucho was weird.
Here’s Delta again with a first paragraph that sounds very agreeable but isn’t really saying much behind what is completely obvious. I’m beginning to understand some of the critic from earlier in the game.

Delta, I’m not wondering about Margots role here. That’s solved. I’m wondering about Hu and You. And in your case, you asked Margot back then why she wants to defend Gamma so badly but, if I haven’t missed anything, you never gave any read other than "Null" on her. In 695 and 706 the argument devolves in total fluff, and from where I stand, that’s still questionable, especially with a player on the verge of being eliminated, even if Gypyx might disagree.

Then you dare say the timing of my vote was looking like a distraction, while you hopped onto the same wagon later with a very strange statement.

And now you come and claim your limpool is just me and the guy who spoke up for me. Marvelous. Could you elaborate on the "Why" please?

Bottom Text
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:02 pm

In post 1045, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1042, Prince of Paterson wrote:
Gotta admit, i'm working a bit off of my memory of my thoughts here but basically given the small level of chaos we have / her (lack of) interactions with the margot wagon she basically hasn't acted with a scum agenda, which could mean deepscum but most likely town
They had Margot as a suspect for most of day 1 but never really pressured or questioned there, and only joined the wagon briefly between and . I think that pattern of action is if anything more indicative of a possible scum agenda.

Similarly, the very early threatening to hammer Margot in seems more likely to serve a scum purpose (scare people into unvoting the wagon while looking like you were willing to vote scum) than a town purpose. It's a strange post to make if you're unaware of Margot's alignment, but it makes sense for someone who knows Margot is scum.

If Enchant is scum, Hu Tao also has served scum agenda by saying that we should "find the scum on gamma" by voting out Delta or Upwards (), while conveniently giving Enchant a pass despite Enchant also being on gamma ().
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:08 pm

Post by Upwards »

In post 1041, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1039, Upwards wrote:

Hu Tao i read as scum but i feel like they don't make much sense as a mafia member in terms of the game event so i'm holding on to it

Delta is probably the slots i have the least thoughts about but i trust they're town

what about you?
It should come as no surprise when I say that I have my suspicions about both of them currently. Delta even more than Hu Tao.

They’re not the only ones though. I’m still waiting on an actual argument for Mucho Mans vote for me and when I looked back over Gammas Elimination I found Margots 731 about the Enchant slot interesting, still have to make up my mind about how to read that though.

Bottom Text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”