The "I hate being scumread for this" thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

The "I hate being scumread for this" thread

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:00 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Post ITT things you hate being scumread for (as town, or as scum, or both).

I'll start:
I hate being scumread for not posting in one game but posting in another game. It happens too often as both alignments.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:08 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 5, Firebringer wrote: I love getting scumread though
Post what you hate getting townread for.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:14 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 3, Aureal wrote:
In post 0, DragonEater70 wrote: Post ITT things you hate being scumread for (as town, or as scum, or both).

I'll start:
I hate being scumread for not posting in one game but posting in another game. It happens too often as both alignments.
Surely this is a violation of the rule against discussing ongoing games? Mentioning someone is in other games is okay, but talking about activity level is describing content from there.
In post 4, usesPython wrote:
In post 3, Aureal wrote:
In post 0, DragonEater70 wrote: Post ITT things you hate being scumread for (as town, or as scum, or both).

I'll start:
Surely this is a violation of the rule against discussing ongoing games? Mentioning someone is in other games is okay, but talking about activity level is describing content from there.
You can get away with it if you find cross site activity outside of mafia games (e.g. posting in mafia discussion) or wait for the game to finish
Actually, in this game that just ended you have a player who never even posted outside of game threads (TP), being called out for ellitelling (posting in other games but not this one):
In post 2838, T3 wrote:
In post 2805, jjh927 wrote: Very much feels like they're trying to appear to be doing more than they are doing

but yeah if I'm going to respond to that request to towncase T3 then I will do it in real time, because I think I've set out quite succinctly what makes T3 town and it's there if you actually look for it
TP has recently been ellitelling too - she asked jjh to towncase me, jjh said something to the effect of "I'll point the specific posts out to you at some point," at which point TP visited the site and posted elsewhere but didn't do anything here despite jjh's response.
But it's somehow acceptable due to weasel wording that doesn't directly mention the other game.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:51 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 27, KayJayQueue wrote: Being new.
I also dislike being scumread for being perceived as experienced and therefore likely to do some crazy shit as scum, when in fact I still feel like a total newb 90% of the time.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”