micro 1096: planned idea [game over]

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:49 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

oh yeah. yoing
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/them or she/her

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:53 pm

Post by Flare Fluff »

VOTE: Ausuka

- A
Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:54 pm

Post by Flare Fluff »

I'm leaning scum on Ausuka. It looks like she is not trying to understand my pov. I'm used to town trying to understand my pov and she is not doing it and it looked like she twisted my post.

- A
Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:55 pm

Post by Flare Fluff »

The 1 vs 1 between Roden and HPE was confusing for me to read and those are slots I am having a hard time reading.

- A
Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:57 pm

Post by Flare Fluff »

In post 257, Ausuka wrote:
In post 188, Flare Fluff wrote:
Deliberate means purpose and so you think I made that post just to show off?

On the second paragraph to your post you thought a natural response would have been "what the fuck" about the wagon on Shadow about players not knowing he is vla on weekends? Saying a reaction like "what the fuck" looks like a weird response for clearing up why a player is absent in my opinion.

I disagree on the third paragraph. Players will change their playstyles out of the blue and seeing that DkKoba changed their avatar I was worried they changed their playstyle to a troll who would instantly hammer at L-1 without waiting for the player to claim. I know a player who changed his playstyle just to troll and for not wanting to take playing mafia seriously anymore.

- A
Where are you getting showing off from? Purpose means doing stuff for a reason. I think most of what scum does is just vibes and difficult (but not impossible) to catch, but some of the stuff they do is purposefully meant to advance their wincon and that's easier to aim for.

I didn't mean literally "what the fuck" but at least a little bit of bafflement, which again I think other players in this game did show so I don't think it would be particularly weird.

The third does make sense to me.
You said it felt I deliberately made that post which I interpretted the word deliberately as purpose. I fail to understand why you think town wouldn't do stuff.

- A
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:07 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 302, Flare Fluff wrote: I'm used to town trying to understand my pov and she is not doing it and it looked like she twisted my post.
In post 304, Flare Fluff wrote: I fail to understand why you think town wouldn't do stuff.

- A
:?

I said your posts feel cautious, in the sense they came across as very deliberate. Town are more likely to post fluidly and say what comes to mind. A lot of scum players are more strategic in what they say and can often overthink things. I explained why I thought your posts fit this mold, but there is also an element of tone which is difficult to explain. I looked at other games from you, as I believe I mentioned, and didn't really get the same vibes so I thought it might be alignment indicative.

I find it baffling that I say that I agree with one of your points after thinking it over and immediately after you come in making the argument that I am not trying to understand your pov at all.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:08 pm

Post by Flare Fluff »

In post 264, Roden wrote:
In post 256, Two Level 1 Rogues wrote:
In post 209, Two Level 1 Rogues wrote:
In post 133, Roden wrote: Would you like to join me on Shaddow in the mean time at least?
That's a weird question to ask right after your interaction with HPE. Do you have any thoughts of its alignment?
@Roden
I don't think it's town. It's claiming to be wary of quick hammers and flash wagons, but it didn't want to vote Shaddow even after the momentum there lulled. Withdrawing it's vote from Ausuka's wagon as well when it gained momentum makes me think it either only cares about appearances in case of a town flip, or is wary protecting a partner from an early elim. Either way, I don't see the town motivation for it.
I'm reading this post again and from my understanding on what HPE said, it didn't want there to be a quick hammer and flash wagon and it unvoted for a reason. It does make a little bit of sense why it didn't vote Shadow with Roden. Roden suspecting HPE for that I don't see how is it scum indicative.

- A
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:11 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I still think hpe/roden is probably just tvt fwiw.
Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:16 pm

Post by Flare Fluff »

In post 305, Ausuka wrote:
In post 302, Flare Fluff wrote: I'm used to town trying to understand my pov and she is not doing it and it looked like she twisted my post.
In post 304, Flare Fluff wrote: I fail to understand why you think town wouldn't do stuff.

- A
:?

I said your posts feel cautious, in the sense they came across as very deliberate. Town are more likely to post fluidly and say what comes to mind. A lot of scum players are more strategic in what they say and can often overthink things. I explained why I thought your posts fit this mold, but there is also an element of tone which is difficult to explain. I looked at other games from you, as I believe I mentioned, and didn't really get the same vibes so I thought it might be alignment indicative.

I find it baffling that I say that I agree with one of your points after thinking it over and immediately after you come in making the argument that I am not trying to understand your pov at all.
When you said you agreed with my points, it looked odd to me that you put me as possible scum on your readslist. Don't even bother on trying to meta read me. I have had over 20 players attempt to meta read me and they have all failed on reading me correctly except for 1 player who is retired.

- A
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:17 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I didn't really meta you. I checked to see if something I thought was scummy was also true of their town games, which I do all the time and will continue to do.

I said I agreed with one point. I still think you are scummy overall. Also, I don't really think "you are not trying to understand my pov" really meshes as an argument with "you agreed with me but still said i am possible scum"
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:37 pm

Post by Skygazer »

MargotRosa replaces Roden.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:41 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Heyo friends, let's do this
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:44 pm

In post 311, MargotRosa wrote: Heyo friends, let's do this
Would you like to address your predecessor's wacky ass reads?
Get To Know A Doll
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:45 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

It's pretty delightful coming back after a few years and still recognising a lot of the names
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:45 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Have to catch up on the thread
Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:47 pm

Post by Flare Fluff »

In post 309, Ausuka wrote: I didn't really meta you. I checked to see if something I thought was scummy was also true of their town games, which I do all the time and will continue to do.

I said I agreed with one point. I still think you are scummy overall. Also, I don't really think "you are not trying to understand my pov" really meshes as an argument with "you agreed with me but still said i am possible scum"

Can you answer me this question.

Your suspicion on me is for looking cautious on and explain to me how is clearing up for players on why Shadow isn't posting is cautious to you? I am struggling to understand you.

- A
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:52 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Trying to get a bead on it, and honestly I don't quite understand what happened. Kind of just feels like normal D1 progression that derailed because people's emotions were a little high.

For what it's worth, when I played with Roden last, they were scum and strategically stayed apart and above the emotional turmoil, and instead actively manipulated those emotions for the win. I know Roden was town here, because I am now Roden, so it makes sense that they'd be more all over the place and susceptible to it all.

Still getting situated in the game more generally, so don't have a proper reads list, but that's my initial take
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:00 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

First take is that reading Koba's posting is always hilarious, and quote-replying the same post in the same of two subsequent posts ( and ) is very on brand
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:05 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 315, Flare Fluff wrote:
In post 309, Ausuka wrote: I didn't really meta you. I checked to see if something I thought was scummy was also true of their town games, which I do all the time and will continue to do.

Can you answer me this question.

Your suspicion on me is for looking cautious on and explain to me how is clearing up for players on why Shadow isn't posting is cautious to you? I am struggling to understand you.

- A
If you think people like tris or me were sincerely pushing Shadow for not posting that early into day 1 and koba was sincerely threatening to hammer, that would be remarkably bad play on our part and worthy of further comment. HPE and Black, who both thought we were being serious, made comments to this effect and pushed back against our push, which makes sense because in that hypothetical world our push would, again, be really terrible. I view the lack of calling us out (and potentially getting into conflict) as a cautious play. I think most players would argue against it as either alignment, but I think not doing it is somewhat more likely to come from scum because some scum players do overthink things and are cautious.

There is also an element of tone in me reading your early game as cautious, which I am obviously not going to be able to explain in great depth.

I still think your response to me is contradictory, and that's probably slightly scum indicative, but it's also something town do fairly often.

Do you have reads on players other than me?
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:15 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Ok, initial thoughts are that the solve is in Black or HPE (one of the two, not both), TL1R and Shadow.

Ausuka is easy Town Lock and Koba's play seems too natural to me. It's been a while, and I'm rusty as hell with a bad streak thus far in the return, so take it all with a grain of salt, and I'll do another reread later today
Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:20 pm

Post by Flare Fluff »

I don't like how Ausuka just now avoided my question and instead she answers me with something else and it looks like she misrepped me.

- A
Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:21 pm

Post by Flare Fluff »

I always scum read replacements and once when Margot is done with her catchup and reads list I'm probably going to scum read her too.

- A
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:23 pm

In post 319, MargotRosa wrote: Ok, initial thoughts are that the solve is in Black or HPE (one of the two, not both), TL1R and Shadow.

Ausuka is easy Town Lock and Koba's play seems too natural to me. It's been a while, and I'm rusty as hell with a bad streak thus far in the return, so take it all with a grain of salt, and I'll do another reread later today
scumreads me too... L!
Get To Know A Doll
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:25 pm

Post by Black »

In post 321, Flare Fluff wrote: I always scum read replacements and once when Margot is done with her catchup and reads list I'm probably going to scum read her too.

- A
I don't like how preemptive this feels. Why do you always scumread replacements?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:26 pm

In post 323, Black wrote:
In post 321, Flare Fluff wrote: I always scum read replacements and once when Margot is done with her catchup and reads list I'm probably going to scum read her too.

- A
I don't like how preemptive this feels. Why do you always scumread replacements?
TRUEEEEEEEE
Get To Know A Doll

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”