Eminence in Shadow: Season 1 [Game Over]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:36 am

Post by T3 »

Well kind of but I want to hear it from her POV too
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:47 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2508, Sakura Hana wrote: That sounds... stupid. Do you think Bingle's gonna come and say "Yes i'm scum"?
I'm always confused why people ask these things.
PP is more interested in how I answer than what I answer. It's a vibe check, and one I fully intend to fail miserably.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:50 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2504, PenguinPower wrote: bingle are you scum?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:52 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2524, SirCakez wrote: I feel like Penguin is self explanatory at this point
Interesting, I find Penguin very rarely explains himself. :shifty:
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:31 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2526, Bingle wrote:
In post 2508, Sakura Hana wrote: That sounds... stupid. Do you think Bingle's gonna come and say "Yes i'm scum"?
I'm always confused why people ask these things.
PP is more interested in how I answer than what I answer. It's a vibe check, and one I fully intend to fail miserably.
Bingo.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:33 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Hmm. Klick can be right.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Second question.

Do you plan on catching up?
<(") | (")>
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:42 pm

Post by Bingle »

I do, but unfortunately right after I subbed in I was notified that I was onboarding and training a batch of 9 new hires this week. (My company is not great at advance warning) and I haven't had the time to do much reading. On the plus side, I have a 4 hour layover in Dallas tomorrow and plan on sitting in an airport bar and reading MS, so that should be a short term limitation.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:59 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

No worries. “I do” was enough.

Curious to hear your take.
<(") | (")>
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:17 pm

Post by Bingle »

I think jj telling me there isn't really mech to dig into despite already having seen something to weigh in on in the last 5 pages is interesting, potentially in a scum indicative way. I think that he's fairly easy to solve regardless, and I'm satisfied with that for now. I'm vaguely aware that there's some kind of 'guilty' but given that we haven't actually murdertastic murderbarned said guilty, I guess there's some reasonable doubt? I also hear tell that pooky is a dead scumlord so I should probably look into who he was actively manipulating. Pooky doesn't put on a show of manipulating buddies ime, but he can't help being a puppetmaster so he's likely spewed some town from that.

Also something something Sakura claimed vanilla and was obvtown and then got vanilla-iced by scum and is saying that conftowns her harder? Is there a reason outside of ALIventor to assume scum would vanilla-ice a vanilla claim?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:20 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Nah, there’s a hard guilty on the party boat via townflipped std. we just went for claimed guiltied pooky (via Sakura) because pooky is scary.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:21 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Also scum would vanilla sakura given the call out on pooky
<(") | (")>
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:01 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 2534, Bingle wrote: I think jj telling me there isn't really mech to dig into despite already having seen something to weigh in on in the last 5 pages is interesting, potentially in a scum indicative way. I think that he's fairly easy to solve regardless, and I'm satisfied with that for now. I'm vaguely aware that there's some kind of 'guilty' but given that we haven't actually murdertastic murderbarned said guilty, I guess there's some reasonable doubt? I also hear tell that pooky is a dead scumlord so I should probably look into who he was actively manipulating. Pooky doesn't put on a show of manipulating buddies ime, but he can't help being a puppetmaster so he's likely spewed some town from that.

Also something something Sakura claimed vanilla and was obvtown and then got vanilla-iced by scum and is saying that conftowns her harder? Is there a reason outside of ALIventor to assume scum would vanilla-ice a vanilla claim?
Party Boat is hard guiltied by a tracker.

Sakura claimed Watcher with a hard guilty on Pooky and was promptly vanillaized.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:06 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Order of events on the second one are wrong but yeah.
<(") | (")>
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:15 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 2534, Bingle wrote: I think jj telling me there isn't really mech to dig into despite already having seen something to weigh in on in the last 5 pages is interesting, potentially in a scum indicative way. I think that he's fairly easy to solve regardless, and I'm satisfied with that for now. I'm vaguely aware that there's some kind of 'guilty' but given that we haven't actually murdertastic murderbarned said guilty, I guess there's some reasonable doubt? I also hear tell that pooky is a dead scumlord so I should probably look into who he was actively manipulating. Pooky doesn't put on a show of manipulating buddies ime, but he can't help being a puppetmaster so he's likely spewed some town from that.
When I’ve seen scum Pooky before I have not been able to catch him at all based on interactions
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:18 pm

Post by T3 »

The Dunn wagon was started by Pooky the first two times as a counterwagon to himself. Then the third time it rose it happened as a dark horse counterwagon to jjh and Peng, and Pooky didn’t push hard for Dunn near EoD1 at all.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:21 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 1696, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: i feel like at this point dunnstral is somewhat in anti-spew mode because his response to sakura does not read as like a townie reaction in any way at all
actually he did push Dunn hard to counterwagon Gamma at one point
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:22 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 1557, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1553, Alisae wrote: When I are up I want to see some people say why they think cakez is town
I think Dunnstral's read of SirCakez and overt defense of him makes him TMI'd town.

as the game has progressed and Cakez became leading wagon on a 2nd go around - Dunnstral's said nothing to defend his Cakez Townread from earlier and just kind of twiddling his thumbs trying to pretend he doesn't exist.

Feels like he wants the Cakez wagon to go through. His inactivity while Cakez/BCG are the leading wagons makes me think he's comfortable with either one going through which doesnt make sense if he's scum with scum!cakez or town with a cakez townread. Furthermore he says nothing to really defend Cakez when he does enter the thread.

Dunnstral's scumplay I would classify as "act when necessary" and I think in game states that are favorable to scum he doesn't really do much you can see G+R for an example of Dunnstral doing nothing in a game state favorable to mafia.
Oh wait you might be right about the puppeteering thing
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2539, T3 wrote: When I’ve seen scum Pooky before I have not been able to catch him at all based on interactions
You can't catch pooky based on interactions, because he picks people to manipulate and goes for it as either alignment. But when he flips scum, those people are almost certainly town.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:57 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

All of the important interactions are on the lengthy day 1 and all the mech started from Day 2.
Day 2 begins with a gladiate resulting in Klick and Luka being the only elminable people, the text from the mod indicated this was done by the Cult (scum faction) and Gamma said that this would indeed be a scum move, right after STD comes saying that he tracked Gamma to Klick and Luka, and then Gamma just went and "So how's the weather?" and "Kinda dislike that i wont be going to the spectator PT" or something, so basically he admitted to being scum caught.
The same day i claimed a mech guilty on Pooky but didnt specify what it was and Pooky said "nothing in my role PM indicates i could be guilty'd of something" and then says that he had the same role PM as dunn minus the character, effectively claiming VT.
Klick at some point mentions his PR is minor and doesnt mind going, then Luka wants to go instead, and Luka ends up getting eliminated and flips Jailkeeper.
Day 3, Everyone starts voting Gamma because he got banned, but i propose to go for Pooky first, after a few pages i full claim Watcher that saw Pooky visiting Kyouko N1 and STD N2, and then Pooky just starts arguing like scum disguising themselves, i also claim that redirection is imposible just in case, then we eliminate Pooky who indeed flips scum.
And that brings us to today.

The list submitted by Alisae is the list of people e gave Shadow blessings to, they are PRs but arent guaranteed to be town, all of them are flipped or claimed except Klick and Wheme as far as i remember.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:12 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Now here's the thing, there were 2 deaths N1, Pooky was a scum 2-shot vig, so that makes sense, but only 1 death on N2, and i know Pooky was behind it.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:15 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Then there's BCG who was an inventor and left in his last will that he gave out a neighborizer but not to who, jjh claims that T3 received said neighborizer and used it on him.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:30 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Now as an aside on D1 there were
BCG claiming confidently that they could soul-read Kyouko, which was correct both were town.
STD claiming confidently that Cephrir (now tired person) is town based on some meta shenanigans i dont remember right now.
Klick claiming confidently due to meta that your (Bingle) slot is town based on one of your predecesor's (Kawaii) meta.

Pooky's interactions D1 can be summarized as:
Entering trying to flirt with me, then Cross busing with Gamma then saying im town coz of rejecting his flirting.
Cakez entering voting RVS then immediately switching to Pooky.
Pooky continuing to argue with Gamma, then switching to Cakez to "give Gamma some space(?)" something like that.
Now from here my memory of events is a bit hazy but.
Dont remember anything from Pooky standing out until Klick comes into play and sees that Pooky, STD and PP voting the same wagons together or something and seeing it as a unit, and mentioning that they were already independently scummy.
Then Pooky arguing that such a thing doesnt make them scum and well some big argument with Klick focusing on them voting together, while Klick mentions that wasnt even the major part of the reason to suspect them or something(?), i guess Klick can remember that better than me.
Then Dunn comes in and suspects Pooky for focusing on that single thing.
Then Pooky argues that this is how he scumhunts by focusing on the reasons people suspect him.
And from there i dont remember much from Pooky until his Dunn case, where he says that Dunn not doing anything to help his townread (Cakez) is indicative of scum Dunn. To which i counter saying that Dunn hadn't posted since before that wagon even appeared.
Then after a bit i realize Dunn was commiting Elitell and decide to vote him then, and Gamma mentions that Elitell works on Dunn.

There are a lot more things but that's what i remember from Pooky mostly.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Well hopefully that helps
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:35 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I definitely suggest you read Day 1 when you have enough time, since it's pretty long, Day 2 and 3 are pretty short due to all the mech shenanigans that occured.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”