Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:40 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 84, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 44, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 18, DeltaWave wrote: If you kick out all the multitaskers, then who is going to do multiple night actions, moderator? in the sense that -

I'm trying to make sense of this post. Could this be a scum pt slip? A casual question to the mod like this, cut off mid post.

Why does she think the multitaskers are being kicked out? It's as though she is reading another thread, or am I missing something here?
LOL it's a meme https://youtu.be/a8INEYLFWwc?si=JUlL5q0mCHUheIvr

Hmm, ok fair enough I guess. I'm actually aware of that video yet never would have made the connection had you not pointed it out. Very obscure indeed. Why did you finish with '
in the sense that
- '?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:41 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 125, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 84, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 44, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 18, DeltaWave wrote: If you kick out all the multitaskers, then who is going to do multiple night actions, moderator? in the sense that -

I'm trying to make sense of this post. Could this be a scum pt slip? A casual question to the mod like this, cut off mid post.

Why does she think the multitaskers are being kicked out? It's as though she is reading another thread, or am I missing something here?
LOL it's a meme https://youtu.be/a8INEYLFWwc?si=JUlL5q0mCHUheIvr

Hmm, ok fair enough I guess. I'm actually aware of that video yet never would have made the connection had you not pointed it out. Very obscure indeed. Why did you finish with '
in the sense that
- '?

Scratch that question - I just watched the video in full again. Makes sense now.
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:43 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 6, bugspray wrote: @mod you claim this is a normal simple but multitasking is not a simple role modifier. Are all other mechanics in the game simple?
iavh will go and analyse almost every single post within these 3 days.
think ppl have been overanalyzing this (personal opinion), reads as NAI
it's more of a personal attitude on bugspray
so far null, rereading posts
HOWEVER
the wagons don't lie. imo it's a bit of a meme wagon so iavh is going to anticipate some shift in like approx 15 irl hours, just in time for iavh to not exist.
iavh is slightly annoyed
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:44 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 65, Psyche wrote: kind of an interesting way to put it. he typed "bugs is definitely scum this game" and still hasn't voted anyone

Because I was still investigating the Delta situation, but now my lead has run dry.

You can consider my vote on Bugs, but I still see no reason to vote so early in the day. Some players haven't even posted yet.
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:46 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 16, Psyche wrote:
In post 14, OutWorldER wrote: one of bugspray/psyche is scum, leaning bugspray
how does this kind of either/or read happen
In post 22, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 20, Psyche wrote: wait but explain. how did you get an either/or read?
From my point of view, it's certainly not a strong view that one of you must be scum, but I sense something off with both of your openings, and don't necessarily feel like you would begin that way if bugs was your partner, although of course that is possible. I last played mafia a few years ago now but bugs always lacked confidence as scum so I could see a question like that being asked as an entrance point into the game, and I'm not sure you would put early pressure on your partner by pointing out such a flaw, as you would be overly sensitive to the fact that it could be construed as an awkward opening.
interactions look funny, love how luca is answering for outworlder
iavh is slightly annoyed
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:47 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 69, Psyche wrote: would like luca to elaborate on what they see in bug's posts that shift read to definitely scum

I have read Bugs as scum correctly every time in the past, very early in the game, and townread them correctly too. I can just tell effortlessly, for some reason. I will elaborate later on why I'm so sure Bugs is scum now, I'm about to go out.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:47 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 129, iamveryhappy wrote:
From my point of view, it's certainly not a strong view that one of you must be scum, but I sense something off with both of your openings, and don't necessarily feel like you would begin that way if bugs was your partner, although of course that is possible. I last played mafia a few years ago now but bugs always lacked confidence as scum so I could see a question like that being asked as an entrance point into the game, and I'm not sure you would put early pressure on your partner by pointing out such a flaw, as you would be overly sensitive to the fact that it could be construed as an awkward opening.

I answered for myself - psyche was questioning me.
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:51 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 131, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 129, iamveryhappy wrote:

I answered for myself - psyche was questioning me.
asked two ppl, got one answer
iavh is slightly annoyed
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:56 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 132, iamveryhappy wrote: asked two ppl, got one answer
I did answer Psyche though, as well? Post
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:00 pm

Post by Black »

In post 128, Luca Blight wrote: You can consider my vote on Bugs, but I still see no reason to vote so early in the day. Some players haven't even posted yet.
Voting creates wagons which apply pressure. Peoples reactions to the pressure can help us read them. It's also useful to see who jumps on the wagons and for what reasons

I'm not saying you have to vote but there are valid reasons to vote early. Our vote is a tool that should be utilized
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:02 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 134, Black wrote:
In post 128, Luca Blight wrote: You can consider my vote on Bugs, but I still see no reason to vote so early in the day. Some players haven't even posted yet.
Voting creates wagons which apply pressure. Peoples reactions to the pressure can help us read them. It's also useful to see who jumps on the wagons and for what reasons

I'm not saying you have to vote but there are valid reasons to vote early. Our vote is a tool that should be utilized

I get that, and in essence my vote is on Bugs as I'm sure they're scum, but I feel more comfortable voting when I at least have a decent read on everyone in this game.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:05 pm

Post by Black »

Sure, that's fair

I'm looking forward to hearing your scumcase on bug. Your confidence is a little jarring but that might be because I'm rarely confident in my reads, especially early
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:15 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 133, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 132, iamveryhappy wrote: asked two ppl, got one answer
I did answer Psyche though, as well? Post
it's still there
the can't read syndrome
(sorry!)
iavh is slightly annoyed
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 135, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 134, Black wrote:

I get that, and in essence my vote is on Bugs as I'm sure they're scum, but I feel more comfortable voting when I at least have a decent read on everyone in this game.
Well look at everyone sheeping ol Drew right out of the gate.

I should look back at what has happened, but opening up the game this evening I certainly don't like this post at a first glance.

Take my vote

VOTE: Lucca

See? Not that scary to vote early
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:24 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 130, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 69, Psyche wrote: would like luca to elaborate on what they see in bug's posts that shift read to definitely scum

I have read Bugs as scum correctly every time in the past, very early in the game, and townread them correctly too. I can just tell effortlessly, for some reason. I will elaborate later on why I'm so sure Bugs is scum now, I'm about to go out.
Would also love to hear from Bug if this is in fact true.

I mean, I have a great track record of knowing when Psyche is town, last game I knew before the game even started!
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:25 pm

Post by Black »

In post 139, Doctor Drew wrote: I mean, I have a great track record of knowing when Psyche is town, last game I knew before the game even started!
:dead:
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:36 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 103, Psyche wrote: voting people for razor thin reasons on page 1 is protown actually
Last game you called me out as scum for some razor thin reasons I had on D1
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:52 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

VOTE: Ketchup777

I can elaborate but just look at the ISO and tell me I'm wrong.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:24 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 141, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 103, Psyche wrote: voting people for razor thin reasons on page 1 is protown actually
Last game you called me out as scum for some razor thin reasons I had on D1
Actually, dismiss this. If anything you were the one to have razor thin reasons to suspect me in Wilson.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:24 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 142, DeltaWave wrote: VOTE: Ketchup777

No please, elaborate
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:55 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 46, bugspray wrote:
In post 45, Luca Blight wrote: I'm about to go to bed, but right now my feeling is that bugs/Delta + 1 of the quiet ones is scum. I'm leaning town on Ketchup at the moment.
you can't call someone who hasn't posted in 9 hours a quiet one. i literally posted twice and then went to sleep. even when about to sleep you could not consider that is why I have not posted for the amount of time that is around one sleep? that is strange
but not as strange as the maybe scum pt slip
Here Bugs is immediately defensive and doesn't read the post properly. The main reason I find this post scummy is because they shade me while also halfheartedly agreeing to my observation regarding the scum pt slip, but then never following up on that.
In post 47, bugspray wrote: ketchup are you an alt?
This kind of question immediately after takes the limelight off of Bugs without really achieving anything. It actually makes me feel like Bugs/Ketchup could potentially be partners, which I might elaborate on later.
In post 55, bugspray wrote: how is what i wrote a scum pt slip? it was literally directed at luca

This one is hard to explain, but it subconsciously reads to me that Bugs knows I'm Town - from the general perspective of the town, me and Bugs could potentially be partners, so directing the message at me alone doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a slip. That Bugs believes the message being directed at me means it can't be a slip, is in itself a slight perspective slip, if you follow me.
In post 56, bugspray wrote:
In post 24, Psyche wrote:
this explains downweight of "scum psyche / scum bugspray", but doesn't give why "scum psyche / town bugspray" and "town psyche / scum bugspray" scenarios are upweighted
why do you think we can't both be town? surely if you did you would have included us both being town as an alternative. seems like you are trying to take advantage of how scummy i just straight up always seem to appear (it's fucked up, i got TSE'd my most recent games) and then just be like low key appear more town than me

VOTE: psyche

I hard-scumread this, because remember Bugs just acknowledged the 'maybe scum-slip' of Delta and then completely neglects it and goes after Psyche instead (because they already knew it wasn't really a scum slip, perhaps). Bugs again completely fails to follow the context of what is being written, and is desperately trying to deflect onto another member of town who people have expressed suspicion of. Also, if Bugs is scum and psyche town then it makes sense for Bugs to go after psyche when you consider that if Bugs is condemned and flips red, then people already said that they believed Bugs and psyche were not teammates anyway, so it limits the association tells.

Also, it feels like another perspective slip. '
Why do you think we can't both be town'
feels like a really weird thing to ask if you're town.
In post 57, bugspray wrote: if you don't add avatars to your account i will policy yeet you due to playability reasons

Another one to add to the collection of deflecting attention away immediately following a potentially incriminating post that is subject to scrutiny. It's difficult to explain, but it's like Bugs feels uncomfortable following the post against psyche, and feels the need to immediately change the tone to something a little more light-hearted. The same as they did earlier in .
In post 93, bugspray wrote:
In post 85, OutWorldER wrote:
bugspray's comment I do think is scummy and performative: to ask the question genuinely in the first place would require them to believe that the NRG (3 people) + listmod signed off on a game that had a role which is no longer normal/considered simple. It comes off to me as faking a dumbtell and also as a way to say "hey if I was scum I could've just asked this in scum PT".

But it being a genuine brainfart is
not
outside the realm of possibility. I've had dumber moments in my time playing mafia. If this is the case than you, Psyche, could very easily be scum trying to capitalize on a townie blunder, which is how I arrived at the either/or read since at the time I posted that your vote looked a bit more thought out than Drew's; Drew's looked more like a kneejerk reaction and it's why I lean town on him.
you are seriously misrepping this. people make mistakes very frequently. there is so mental gymnastics to ignore occam's razor. i had the concern the moment i read the game thread after checking my role pm and decided to immediately ask it publicly
Bugs is in survival mode and probably already fairly accepting of their inevitable condemnation. Bugs is not a confident player as scum, and is far more proactive as town. This is an easy read for me.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:58 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 71, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 68, Black wrote:
Yes! I love it! Thank you
Alice in borderland is one of my favourite shows :good:
On a more relevant note, the only person yet to post is ssbm_Kyouko.
Ooo. I read the Manga. I like it.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:02 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 121, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 118, ketchup777 wrote: -SNIP-
Hu Tao and Jacob may have had votes but they were far from the points of discussion at that time. All eyes were on bugspray. The lines of thinking and discussion at that time would've continued much the same as they did without Jacob's presence. The theory you've described here is patchwork at best.

My mind went off track when I said your bugspray townlean made no sense, disregard that.

The additional shade thrown at Hu Tao here also ruffles me, what's your read there?
Err. I think it's not shade. They were just giving an example
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:03 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 142, DeltaWave wrote: VOTE: Ketchup777

You're wrong
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:03 pm

Post by Hu Tao »