Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:41 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 165, bugspray wrote: btw i still have not read the posts you want me to read.
who does you refer to? it refers to you. the mafia player reading this

This is a disengaged player who will continue to draw out inactivity until their inevitable elimination at the end of the day, in the vain hope that people get distracted and another wagon will emerge. I've seen this pattern many times now. I say 'vain hope', perhaps not - in the meta I provided earlier I had Bugs pegged as scum from early day 1 but they managed to somehow survive until D3.

Town!Bugs is proactive and inquisitive, scum!bugs pretty much throws in the towel when caught. I don't expect much content from Bugs during this day phase.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:54 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 173, ketchup777 wrote: Luca raises some good anti-Bugs points in which have begun to persuade me that Bugs is maybe dodgier than I first thought. Nowhere close to voting them tho. Let’s try something new.

Vote: ProjEctRy

You’ve had 3 meaningless posts and one post accusing a townie (me ;)). Not looking so good for you there my friend.

Happy belated birthday Luca!

Thanks!

Could I ask you to elaborate more on your thoughts regarding Bugs?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:01 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 60, Black wrote:
In post 58, Luca Blight wrote: Yeah, Bugs is definitely scum this game.
Why?
In post 59, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 44, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 18, DeltaWave wrote: If you kick out all the multitaskers, then who is going to do multiple night actions, moderator? in the sense that -

I'm trying to make sense of this post. Could this be a scum pt slip? A casual question to the mod like this, cut off mid post.

Why does she think the multitaskers are being kicked out? It's as though she is reading another thread, or am I missing something here?

I just want to bring attention back to this post to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

Right, off to bed.
I doubt it was a scum slip. They're not very common. I read it more like a joke based on the earlier conversation around multitasking

I'm just curious, did you understand the joke? I don't think it makes any sense unless you're intimately familiar with the video that Delta posted.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:07 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

If I had to stick my neck out right now, I'd say the scumteam is Bugs/Black/ketchup. That is probably quite controversial, but it makes sense to me right now.

Obviously we're still waiting for content from a few, but I sometimes like to make these early predictions just in case I hit the jackpot.
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:11 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 178, Luca Blight wrote: If I had to stick my neck out right now, I'd say the scumteam is Bugs/Black/ketchup.
That is probably quite controversial, but it makes sense to me right now.

Obviously we're still waiting for content from a few, but I sometimes like to make these early predictions just in case I hit the jackpot.
Talk to me about it
iavh is slightly annoyed
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:18 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 179, iamveryhappy wrote:
In post 178, Luca Blight wrote: If I had to stick my neck out right now, I'd say the scumteam is Bugs/Black/ketchup.

Talk to me about it

I feel like they are both subtly redirecting from the Bugs wagon. Ketchup's townread and refusal to vote Bugs makes no point at this stage, especially when ketchup said I made good points in my case against Bugs. Black is just posting exactly how I would expect scum to, staying pretty neutral yet active, lots of filler. Her vote on Jacob feels really off to me for some reason. her reaction to the Delta joke could be a case of knowing too much - I don't think most people would have understood that joke? I'm about to go offline again so will try to explain my thoughts better later.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:24 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

*Makes no sense at this stage, that should have read.

For some reason, Bugs asking Ketchup if they were an alt pinged me as a potential partner interaction at that point in time as well.

I just wanted to say that if Ketchup is indeed scum, then you're doing a terrific job! Just don't defend your buddy so obviously next time ;)
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:20 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 181, Luca Blight wrote: *Makes no sense at this stage, that should have read.

For some reason, Bugs asking Ketchup if they were an alt pinged me as a potential partner interaction at that point in time as well.

I just wanted to say that if Ketchup is indeed scum, then you're doing a terrific job! Just don't defend your buddy so obviously next time ;)

That’s fair, it does seem a bit sus. I hope if i were mafia I wouldn’t be so dumb as to spend all my time defending one of my partners tho!

As for your black/me/bugs predict, again I doubt I would mention both my partners in the top 4 people I think are safest. But who knows I’ve never been mafia before and I still haven’t now!

I’ll reply to other stuff later, have school :)
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:25 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 148, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 142, DeltaWave wrote: VOTE: Ketchup777

I can elaborate but just look at the ISO and tell me I'm wrong.
You're wrong
NO

Post 123 - "I am liking the look of Luca, Black, DeltaWave and Bugs at the moment." (All I had done was share a kelly osbourne meme)

Post 173 - "You’ve had 3 meaningless posts and one post accusing a townie" (about Project)
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:48 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 176, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 173, ketchup777 wrote: Luca raises some good anti-Bugs points in which have begun to persuade me that Bugs is maybe dodgier than I first thought. Nowhere close to voting them tho. Let’s try something new.
Thanks!

Sure. Basically everything you’ve recently said has led me further and further from my original guess that Bugs was town. I thought at first that if bugs were mafia, they wouldn’t be asking random questions (like the multitasking one and asking if I was an alt) because it’s just drawing unnecessary attention to themselves. It’s not like asking questions demonstrates that your town, so I didn’t think a mafia would be asking these kind of questions. But you raise so many good points that you’re making me doubt my initial read; maybe Bugs is nervous, or is double bluffing me. Aware that there are liars among us though, I don’t want to let myself get fully swayed by you (Luca) yet on Bugs, especially as my vote at this point would be the fifth vote on Bugs which is dangerously close to voting them off. All it takes them is one mafia and one over enthusiastic townie to vote Bugs off and that seals it (for better or for worse, I can’t tell at this point). I haven’t felt anything good come out of Project yet, maybe if they had accused someone else but I get to be in the fortunate position of distrusting anyone who votes me because they’re wrong (:
So I’ll keep my vote on Project for now until something better comes up. I honestly doubt I’ll be successful in starting a wagon, because Bugs is under way more fire atm it seems, but I’d rather go with my gut than go with the herd.
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:53 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 178, Luca Blight wrote: If I had to stick my neck out right now, I'd say the scumteam is Bugs/Black/ketchup. That is probably quite controversial, but it makes sense to me right now.

Actually coming back to this now I’ve had more time to read the last couple pages again, didn’t you just say in that you thought I was town? What swayed your mind?
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:55 am

Post by ketchup777 »

Sorry, you explained that in .
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:57 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 183, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 148, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 142, DeltaWave wrote: VOTE: Ketchup777

I can elaborate but just look at the ISO and tell me I'm wrong.
You're wrong
NO

Post 123 - "I am liking the look of Luca, Black, DeltaWave and Bugs at the moment." (All I had done was share a kelly osbourne meme)

Post 173 - "You’ve had 3 meaningless posts and one post accusing a townie" (about Project)
I might be dumb, but it seemed like a bold thing to say if you were a mafia. You already saw how much attention in generated in a short time. Similarly to bugs, I just thought the mafia wouldn’t have the balls to do that.
Jacob24
Jacob24
Goon
Jacob24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:01 am

Post by Jacob24 »

In post 184, ketchup777 wrote:
Thanks!

Sure. Basically everything you’ve recently said has led me further and further from my original guess that Bugs was town. I thought at first that if bugs were mafia, they wouldn’t be asking random questions (like the multitasking one and asking if I was an alt) because it’s just drawing unnecessary attention to themselves. It’s not like asking questions demonstrates that your town, so I didn’t think a mafia would be asking these kind of questions. But you raise so many good points that you’re making me doubt my initial read; maybe Bugs is nervous, or is double bluffing me. Aware that there are liars among us though, I don’t want to let myself get fully swayed by you (Luca) yet on Bugs, especially as my vote at this point would be the fifth vote on Bugs which is dangerously close to voting them off. All it takes them is one mafia and one over enthusiastic townie to vote Bugs off and that seals it (for better or for worse, I can’t tell at this point). I haven’t felt anything good come out of Project yet, maybe if they had accused someone else but I get to be in the fortunate position of distrusting anyone who votes me because they’re wrong (:
So I’ll keep my vote on Project for now until something better comes up. I honestly doubt I’ll be successful in starting a wagon, because Bugs is under way more fire atm it seems, but I’d rather go with my gut than go with the herd.
This reads town to me. I’m not sure on Black at the moment but definitely not in a place to name them mafia.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:29 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 168, iamveryhappy wrote:
In post 161, Hu Tao wrote: VOTE: bugs

I'm all here for it
why are you still scum
Honestly, I’m so bad at mafia it’s actually normal to be insulted, it’s never gone well for the opposing player regardless of their alignment. I can’t say the same for you, I can tell you you think highly of yourself, and it probably irks you that I caught you this early.
You sound like you're reciting a play.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:29 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 172, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 161, Hu Tao wrote: VOTE: bugs

I'm all here for it

Did the meta I provided convince you, or my analysis of Bugs in , or something else?
Meta and your confidence. I don't think scum does that this early
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:05 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 188, Jacob24 wrote:
Thanks!

This reads town to me. I’m not sure on Black at the moment but definitely not in a place to name them mafia.

Yeah, I could be wrong about Ketchup. There are definitely some townie elements to his play. He certainly seems to scumhunt/townhunt in a unique sort of way that I find difficult to resonate with, though. Of course, that is to be expected from newer players to an extent.

As for you, Jacob, you are hardly filling me with confidence. Can I get your general thoughts on the game, as well as an answer to my ?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:19 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I think Ketchup is going to be my paranoid scumread this game. I want to townread him as I like his posts and they seem so innocent, but there is also something about the tone of his posts, looking beneath the surface, that reads as contrived. It might just be his playing style, of course. I think he reminds me of another new player I played with who I town-leaned for similar reasons and they ended up being scum, so that might have something to do with it.
Jacob24
Jacob24
Goon
Jacob24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 am

Post by Jacob24 »

In post 191, Luca Blight wrote:
Thanks!

Yeah, I could be wrong about Ketchup. There are definitely some townie elements to his play. He certainly seems to scumhunt/townhunt in a unique sort of way that I find difficult to resonate with, though. Of course, that is to be expected from newer players to an extent.

As for you, Jacob, you are hardly filling me with confidence. Can I get your general thoughts on the game, as well as an answer to my ?
Did I really? If so my bad. That post was mostly aimed at not the first phase stuff so sorry if it seemed like I was on you. I just wanted something more though out then “you voted me so f you” mentality.

Sorry if I’m not convincing you of my township, why poke at me though? You’ve been out against everyone in the game practically
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:30 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 193, Jacob24 wrote:
In post 191, Luca Blight wrote:
Thanks!

Did I really? If so my bad. That post was mostly aimed at not the first phase stuff so sorry if it seemed like I was on you. I just wanted something more though out then “you voted me so f you” mentality.

Sorry if I’m not convincing you of my township, why poke at me though? You’ve been out against everyone in the game practically

D1 essentially is about poking around in the dark to try and make sense of what's going on, from a town perspective. I feel like you're deflecting a bit with that last sentence. Do you think
'being out against everyone'
is scummy, or are you just finding my playing style frustrating?

Also, again, can I get your general thoughts on the game? I feel like you've only spoken about a few players in this game so far (namely Bugs, Ketchup and myself.)
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:27 am

Post by Black »

In post 180, Luca Blight wrote: Black is just posting exactly how I would expect scum to, staying pretty neutral yet active,
lots of filler
Her vote on Jacob feels really off to me for some reason.
her reaction to the Delta joke could be a case of knowing too much - I don't think most people would have understood that joke?
I'm about to go offline again so will try to explain my thoughts better later.
I think reducing my content to "lots of filler" is pretty disingenuous

What about my Jacob vote feels off to you?

I didn't get the reference but it felt more like a joke to me than a scum slip
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:29 am

Post by Black »

Also Luca can you answer
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:24 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I'd agree that you're not your usual townie self, Black. But I suppose that could change in due time
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:41 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 180, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 179, iamveryhappy wrote:

Talk to me about it

I feel like they are both subtly redirecting from the Bugs wagon. Ketchup's townread and refusal to vote Bugs makes no point at this stage, especially when ketchup said I made good points in my case against Bugs. Black is just posting exactly how I would expect scum to, staying pretty neutral yet active, lots of filler. Her vote on Jacob feels really off to me for some reason.
her reaction to the Delta joke could be a case of knowing too much
- I don't think most people would have understood that joke? I'm about to go offline again so will try to explain my thoughts better later.
tmi where
iavh can't read
iavh is slightly annoyed
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:06 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I think I agree with Luca's solve except I'd replace Black with iavh

This is not to say I townread Black I just think iavh's posts are worse.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”