fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:33 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1237, DragonEater70 wrote: I actually heavily disagree about this about me. Like yeah sometimes I do have something I think about and analyze and whatever, but 80% of my reads in games are like gutreads. And especially when I have a logic-based read clashing with a gutread I often just follow the gutread without thinking about it too much.
i believe that this is your own impression of your townplay and thus what you would try to imitate as scum, but i don't believe it's actually accurate having recently read most of your games
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:34 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1240, DragonEater70 wrote: Like you are trying to make me explain the scumread on Klick minutes after I unvoted him

How does this make sense
i don't care about your votes im trying to see if your thought process is real
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:36 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 2.2

PlayerVotes
fireisredsir
(2)
DeasVail (1201), DragonEater70 (1243)
implosion
(1)
T3 (1135)
Not Voting
(5)
implosion, DeasVail, fireisredsir, Appearance, Klick (1205)

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2024-02-02 12:30:00).
Last edited by Prism on Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:37 am

Post by Klick »

VOTE: fireisredsir

E-1 I think?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:48 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1249, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1239, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1220, fireisredsir wrote: dragon, what are your thoughts on a potential scum!klick's motivations for relinquishing control of the coalition vote to you?
1. Pocket me as I had already said on Day 1 when you were queationing me on why I was thinking Klick might've been pocketing me.

2. Have clean hands when the coalition fails.

3. Look extra towny for doing an act that "endangers his wincon"

That said, I don't think your questioning trajectory is a towny one.
the thing i was looking for was if there was any thought from you about whether klick scum would be in danger if losing by proposing that, and if not, who his partner is

like i don't think "endangers wincon" should be in quotes. you were very clearly considering leaving him out

the only way that it's a guaranteed safe play for him is if either him or his partner are for sure going to be in the coalition you choose

and it doesn't feel like you've thought about this at all which is strange to me because it feels like a very important consideration when it comes to solving this game
It's in quotes because there was no shot I would leave Klick out after he did such a move. It was too damn pockety (or towny, depending on interpretation).
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:49 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1251, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1240, DragonEater70 wrote: Like you are trying to make me explain the scumread on Klick minutes after I unvoted him

How does this make sense
i don't care about your votes im trying to see if your thought process is real
That just doesn't sound right
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:50 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I think the biggest thing that sells me on fire!scum is the relative amount of time spent "trying to figure out things" compared to the amount of times spent actually pushing people.

It just feels really off for town to spend two day phases trying to figure out if my thought process is real or not without pushing me or deciding to townread me.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:51 am

Post by fireisredsir »

that just seems like a fundamental misunderstanding of how i play both alignments
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:55 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i dunno

ive been lacking motivation to push anywhere because i don't really currently feel like it improves town win% for me to do so

im probably wrong about that but that doesn't really change the feeling
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:58 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think if im scum here there's basically zero reason not to push hard since scum in the coalition isn't trying to endgame anyway they just want to yeet townies
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:59 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Like fire doesn't really have any trajectory with their thoughts. They're stuck in a constant "is it Dragon or is it not Dragon" and it feels so fake. As town, fire would decide on a read even if it was wrong, because when you push a wrong read you can actually find out you were wrong. Like how I pushed Klick and then decided I was probably wrong.

Pedit: I don't think it's a fundamental misunderstanding even if it is a misunderstanding. You are in fact capable of having reads and pushing people, and the fact that you are not really doing that is just REALLY off. Like yes I know you do a lot of thinking as town, but this thinking needs to conclude with a vote or a townread if it's not for show, and so far it hasn't.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:01 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1259, fireisredsir wrote: i think if im scum here there's basically zero reason not to push hard since scum in the coalition isn't trying to endgame anyway they just want to yeet townies
Push who? Me and Klick were at each other's throats moments ago. You seemed fine with letting us have a go at each other.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:01 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

UNVOTE: fire

I'm gonna give you an hour to actually do something that pushes the gamestate forward, then I am putting my vote back.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:02 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1250, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1237, DragonEater70 wrote: I actually heavily disagree about this about me. Like yeah sometimes I do have something I think about and analyze and whatever, but 80% of my reads in games are like gutreads. And especially when I have a logic-based read clashing with a gutread I often just follow the gutread without thinking about it too much.
i believe that this is your own impression of your townplay and thus what you would try to imitate as scum, but i don't believe it's actually accurate having recently read most of your games
Please point me to a counter-example then, if you really have read most of my games (why though?)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:03 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1260, DragonEater70 wrote: As town, fire would decide on a read even if it was wrong, because when you push a wrong read you can actually find out you were wrong. Like how I pushed Klick and then decided I was probably wrong.
i really wish this was true
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:05 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1262, DragonEater70 wrote: UNVOTE: fire

I'm gonna give you an hour to actually do something that pushes the gamestate forward, then I am putting my vote back.
not gonna happen in an hour

i can try tonight
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:09 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1263, DragonEater70 wrote:
Please point me to a counter-example then, if you really have read most of my games (why though?)
can't go digging rn but off the top of my head i remember in particular your thought process surrounding aureal i believe in that large theme about the mods or whatever

like yes you usually tend to have gutreads and that triggers the initial thought process but i think when you're town it's really clear that there is still a deeper layer of underlying thought beneath that, and you don't just get a gutread and leave it at that, you're working on analyzing why and thinking carefully about the read
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:04 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1265, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1262, DragonEater70 wrote: UNVOTE: fire

not gonna happen in an hour

i can try tonight
Well I'm probably going to sleep now so gl
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:15 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1266, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1263, DragonEater70 wrote:
can't go digging rn but off the top of my head i remember in particular your thought process surrounding aureal i believe in that large theme about the mods or whatever

like yes you usually tend to have gutreads and that triggers the initial thought process but i think when you're town it's really clear that there is still a deeper layer of underlying thought beneath that, and you don't just get a gutread and leave it at that, you're working on analyzing why and thinking carefully about the read
Like yes, I had a gut TR of Aureal that game and then I went and verified the meta behind it and gave some logical explanations for it.

Are you saying I had not given PLENTY of reasoning for my reads on Klick, you, implo? Because I feel like I have.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:16 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Happy scumday btw

Mine is in like 2 weeks
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:08 am

Post by Appearance »

reading up now.
just had internet signal again.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:28 am

Post by T3 »

In post 1248, DragonEater70 wrote: What's the context
implosion asked me
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:31 am

Post by T3 »

In post 1235, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1227, implosion wrote: I think DV's play today is town very very frequently. Trying to undermine and dismantle a 1v1 between two people on coalition feels like very needlessly anti-wincon play if it's TvT, and if it's SvT then it's more possible but the way he's doing it feels like the way I'd expect him to act as town.

Dragon, why do you think T3/kyo is a very unlikely team? Based on coalition dynamics, or otherwise?
See, I see the possibility of DV being scum with exactly Klick, but I decided to just plain give up on that possibility because I don't see a world where we win if they are the scum team.

T3/Kyo couldn't be acum together because they just lurked for forever with no attempt to get anything done but I guess it did feel scummy for both of them individually and maybe I am in fact assigning too much credit to the idea that scum necessarily would have high WIM or a plan.

Like if fireisred flips scum here then tbh the person I am gonna lock as town as a result is DV, not T3.
I played this setup once before as scum and my WIM was very high, so high that it was very obvious I was just trying to get townread rather than solve the game - Enchant was my partner and I thought it would be absolutely impossible for him to get into the coalition so I tryharded and it backfired
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:44 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I’m going to have to say

V/LA for the next 24-48 hours

Shouldn’t affect prod/replace stuff but I’m going to be even lower activity than usual and I’m sorry about that.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:34 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

fireisred, what time is it in the land of crimson flame? Because I think your time might be up but I am too charitable so I'm willing to give you a bit more time if you really need it.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”