Eminence in Shadow: Season 1 [Game Over]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:28 am

Post by SirCakez »

T3 or Penguin seems to be the way to go today, I personally think Penguin has been incredibly scummy all game vs T3 having moments of towniness and scumminess but it seems like a lot of people want T3 and I can see the arguments

I have to say I am still harboring suspicions of Wheme but whatever that claim will have to come out eventually and we can analyze it then

VOTE: penguin for now
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:00 am

Post by WhemeStar »

I’ve been thinking it’s penguin/t3
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:02 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Wait penguin is town
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:04 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Fck is it jjh
Im a dog that quacks
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:18 am

Post by T3 »

[quote=SirCakez post_id=14061963 post_num=2750 time=1706203696 user_id=26092 I can see the arguments
[/quote]
Literally no one has made any argument of substance for me being scum
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:30 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: Penguin
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:20 am

Post by PenguinPower »

lol - your trajectory on me is bad. Penguin is scum but that largely relies on wheme being scum -> penguin doesn’t make any new posts -> nevermind penguin is now just scum for *reasons* -> oh god people are voting me I guess now’s the time for me to vote penguin.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:24 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2752, WhemeStar wrote: Wait penguin is town
Wait why?
<(") | (")>
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:58 am

Post by jjh927 »

T3's trajectory on you was mainly because T3 asked me why I disagreed with his reason for townreading you in our hood
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:10 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Yeah…idrc about hidden conversation.
<(") | (")>
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:00 am

Post by T3 »

In post 2756, PenguinPower wrote: lol - your trajectory on me is bad. Penguin is scum but that largely relies on wheme being scum -> penguin doesn’t make any new posts -> nevermind penguin is now just scum for *reasons* -> oh god people are voting me I guess now’s the time for me to vote penguin.
My initial reasons for townreading you were invalid, I realized that after I chatted with jjh in the hood
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:08 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Continue not to share. That’s fun.
<(") | (")>
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:17 am

Post by T3 »

In post 2756, PenguinPower wrote: lol - your trajectory on me is bad. Penguin is scum but that largely relies on wheme being scum -> penguin doesn’t make any new posts -> nevermind penguin is now just scum for *reasons* -> oh god people are voting me I guess now’s the time for me to vote penguin.
"penguin is scum but that largely relies on wheme being scum" - I've been saying this or some variation of this in the hood for the past 2 night
"penguin doesn't make any posts" - My flip from Wheme to you happened over ONE PAGE of you not making any posts. If I had the agenda to scumread you I would have just voted you at daystart in the first place
"penguin is now just scum for *reasons" - Again, my reasoning is pretty weak but I explained it a little bit in the PT with jjh, I didn't like that Pooky townread you and the only scum motivation I could think of was that he wanted to protect you from being limmed. My initial reason for townreading you was that I doubted Gamma would have voted you yesterday if you were scum but jjh showed me that I overestimated the momentum of the wagon on you. I still think it's less likely that you are scum from the fact that Gamma voted you but that does not outweigh my previous reason for scumreading you.
"oh god people are voting me I guess now's the time for me to vote penguin" - guilty as charged
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:23 am

Post by T3 »

In post 678, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: here let me demonstrate an actual read for you;

I think PenguinPower is town because he's just following me around like he expects me to townread him.

I have a pretty strong track record of reading him correctly pretty much every game I've ever played with him without fail so the way he's playing with pretty much no regard for making himself look good and just chilling while following me around feels pretty townie to me. I think he's not worried about being pushed or limmed this game because I'm alive and he expects me to just veto any wagon on him. This thought process only makes sense for him to have if he's town, if he's mafia I'd expect him to actually make some kind of effort.

This is what I mean by a thought process.
In post 1907, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1865, SirCakez wrote: I don't think this is a compromise or lurker D1 elimination either, Penguin always enters games like thats just his playstyle

Versus especially JJH feels like a coin flip
?

why is penguin mafia if he always enters games like this?
This seems less like a pocket and more like scum defending a buddy.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:32 am

Post by PenguinPower »

lol @ pooky protecting me. I’m almost never a day 1 yeet as either alignment and I almost never endgame as scum.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:34 am

Post by PenguinPower »

All I got from that long wall was weak reasons for scum reading me except that you’re the main wagon and I’m the counter and THAT, my friend, is scummy.

Still want to think Bingle is scum though.
<(") | (")>
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:35 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 2757, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2752, WhemeStar wrote: Wait penguin is town
Wait why?
I iso’d you I don’t think scum would vote their tremaare like how u did gamma and u asked pooky to sheep u idk
Im a dog that quacks
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:36 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Hmm…ok.
<(") | (")>
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:53 am

Post by T3 »

In post 2764, PenguinPower wrote: lol @ pooky protecting me. I’m almost never a day 1 yeet as either alignment and I almost never endgame as scum.
At one point near the end of day 1 you were at 6 votes to Dunn's 7, I know that the main reason I (and I believe Sakura too) avoided voting you for a while was because I looked at what Pooky said and bought it. If Pooky hadn't said that then the momentum may very well could have shifted to your wagon and you could have been limmed
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:56 am

Post by T3 »

I do not think that Pooky's townread of you is a pocket simply because scum!Pooky would have no reason to pocket you - you were sheeping him in the first place
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:08 pm

Post by Bingle »

Back and reading up. Sorry, life got all life-y for a bit there.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:13 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2765, PenguinPower wrote: Still want to think Bingle is scum though.
<3
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 0, Firebringer wrote: Bingle
Sakura Hana
SirCakez
tired person
Whemestar
Penguinpower
T3
jjh927
I think tp and Cakez are more or less spewed town by the joint GE/Pooky ISO. Wheme lives a day based on being a likely nk tonight, but absolutely claims results tomorrow. There is at most one scum in Wheme/jjh, which makes me think jj is a suboptimal choice for the lim today specifically. I'm 100% down to lim T3 or Pengy here and prefer that to a no lim when I'm not 100% we can't get an extra mislim out of a scumrole.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:44 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2763, T3 wrote:
In post 678, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: here let me demonstrate an actual read for you;

I think PenguinPower is town because he's just following me around like he expects me to townread him.

I have a pretty strong track record of reading him correctly pretty much every game I've ever played with him without fail so the way he's playing with pretty much no regard for making himself look good and just chilling while following me around feels pretty townie to me. I think he's not worried about being pushed or limmed this game because I'm alive and he expects me to just veto any wagon on him. This thought process only makes sense for him to have if he's town, if he's mafia I'd expect him to actually make some kind of effort.

In post 1865, SirCakez wrote: I don't think this is a compromise or lurker D1 elimination either, Penguin always enters games like thats just his playstyle

?

This actually makes me think PP town over T3, fwiw. I agree that this isn't a pocket attempt, but it seems more like a halfassed defense against a weak wagon than a buddy sticking his neck out. I don't think pooks was trying to prevent PP from being flipped so much as angling to look good if PP flipped town phases down the line. Like, this doesn't seem so much a "Don't lim Penguin" excercise as an excuse to be voting elsewhere, and if Pengy/Dunn was T/T that makes absolutely perfect sense.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:54 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 2773, Bingle wrote:
In post 2763, T3 wrote:

?

This actually makes me think PP town over T3, fwiw. I agree that this isn't a pocket attempt, but it seems more like a halfassed defense against a weak wagon than a buddy sticking his neck out. I don't think pooks was trying to prevent PP from being flipped so much as angling to look good if PP flipped town phases down the line. Like, this doesn't seem so much a "Don't lim Penguin" excercise as an excuse to be voting elsewhere, and if Pengy/Dunn was T/T that makes absolutely perfect sense.
Maybe? But again, the first post was a fairly hard read that shut down several people’s desire to vote Penguin

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”