Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:37 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 696, OutWorldER wrote: im kinda feeling a gypyx vote here but i'm also at the point where I don't think my vote has any real sway
Go on vote me, i'm sure you can do it, you're a champ, pretty sure you found scum even

besides trying something is usually better than not trying something but that's pretty advanced stuff
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:40 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 694, Gypyx wrote: i think it's Luca / Hu Tao / Black

no cares and this just serves to get street cred points post game as a "aha i knew it"
Girl please :roll:
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:42 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 701, Hu Tao wrote:

no cares and this just serves to get street cred points post game as a "aha i knew it"
Girl please :roll:
:cool: i'm just that good at not catching scum what can i say :cool:
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:57 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 697, Gypyx wrote:
In post 695, OutWorldER wrote:

i aggressively dislike this post but I'm not sure if it's scummy or just a playstyle difference
Is it just a tone thing or what's the idea here

i should note that i'm in the middle of a depression outburst so that's probably not my usual me here
it is mostly tonal. i do disagree with like the general idea you've presented (i think presenting solves can be a good barometer of where someone stands in the game and how they're thinking about it) but mainly like the snark felt discrediting of Luca, like you were annoyed with him for no reason in particular

if it's IRL-related though i guess that just explains it then
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:04 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm just gonna vomit forth my thoughts because I feel a bit sick whenever I look at this game anyway.

Hu Tao - lean town, I guess. Kind of a shitty town read because it's based on the idea that I think Hu Tao would be trying to play better / appear as if they were playing better as scum. Like, as it is, their D1 play consists of tunneling a town slot and not in a way that makes them optically look good like Luca Blight. I just think there might be more preparation and awareness on scum!HuTao's part about how they will look after I flip. I guess she could be scum but I don't really feel it.

Gypyx - also feel town? idk I think the way they immediately had a thought about Jacob on replacing in was towny. I think their kinda wibbly wobbly progression on me has been towny? I just town read their tone a lot I think.

ProjEctRy - I liked Psyche's read here. I think Projectry believes in his Ketchup push. I think the indignation about people's scum reads on him is towny. I think there is an empathy in his posts towards Ketchup that I wouldn't expect from a scum pushing a townie. I think speaks to someone trying to sort the alignments of people pushing him.

Dannflor - a shining radiant beacon of towniness. pure of soul and pure of heart.

Luca Blight - I admit I have had doubts here. Especially when I spied that Luca Blight has last played mafia years ago and he is still projecting so much confidence on the bugspray read. but gun to head I still think this slot is town and I won't elaborate because that's fairly consensus. (btw it is fairly consensus because Luca Blight is useful to scum and they want to keep him going)

Jacob24 - I think Jacob's outrage in rings true. I guess i found their outrage in the beginning about mindless reads to ring true. This is one of my weakest town reads tbh.

iamveryhappy - could be scum. I expect like an ounce of game advancing content from iavh at this point if they are town but i haven't seen that. they made one post about how im prob scum without really any context.

ketchup777 - I think he's just town. I understand the scum reads and I think the way ketchup phrases a lot of his posts is somewhat performative and surface level scummy. idk I don't think ketchup goes back and forth on my slot in the way that he did if he's scum. I think he fully commits to like hard defending me or not, not the sort of half-assed defense he did.

Psyche - similar read as above, but I think psyche picks a lane when it comes to my slot. They've gone from wanting to white knight to being possibly ambivalent. I think generally there is a depth of thought here that comes from town. I think they've gone against the grain but not in a way that really makes them optically look good.

DeltaWave - i think this is scum. I think the fact that Delta realized ketchup was a newbie in but didn't unvote until is emblematic of someone who isn't really fluidly thinking about the game. I think the line to ketchup about "needing to quit this line of argument" is reminiscent of scum only finding validity in arguments that are "factually correct," it's not really interested in ketchup's alignment.

To be honest, I think DeltaWave reading 228 straight and calling it "so, so, so bad" is a scum tell. I think scum are more likely to take non-serious posts seriously for the most part and again, the defense of Drew seems more based in "this argument is factually inconsistent" not "this argument is scum motivated." I also think the town read on Luca is exactly the position scum would be taking up right now. There's too many scum reads and not in a towny way.

Black - gun to head town. Unfortunately, I don't have as much confidence on this read (or many of my reads) as I am used to. I blame the position I've been forced into in this game. Overall, I think the way Black has treated my slot leans town. I think her shift from wanting to resolve my slot to giving me some time was natural. I think she believes in her push on Projectry. again, I've historically managed to get very confident reads on black but wasn't in a position to do that this game. still would say town if I had to choose.

Doctor Drew - still kinda think this is scum. I think DeltaWave is scummier at the moment but Drew is a good pick for partner and I still don't really have anything to town read from Drew's slot. Drew continually shading ketchup as I get run up is not really a good look, I feel like he's setting up for me to claim PR or something and wants a backup option. there hasn't really been an evaluation of who might be scum pending my scum flip, which drew seems to feel pretty strongly about. Luca meanwhile is trying different solves based on my flip, but Drew seems content just to OMGUS and leave it at that. maybe my expectations are too high but I expect more from town!drew here.

OutWorldER - never kill this, probably my most confident town read. i think there is a night and day difference between OWER's scum and town game and i think this is his town game. i think he really believes in his ketchup push. etc, etc,

so like, if I run with all my reads then my solve ends up being Delta Wave/Doctor Drew/iamveryhappy

That's not really the most satisfying solve to me. It feels like 3 kinda LHF, but that's honestly where I'm at and I don't think I'm gonna really be able to evolve beyond that given my position here.

Currently, I feel strongest about Delta Wave as far as scum reads go.

I feel strongest about OWER as far as town reads go. If I were to ask that any of my reads are to be sheeped, those are the two I would ask to be sheeped if I die.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:05 am

Post by Dannflor »

I would most like to kill this VOTE: DeltaWave
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:05 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 703, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 697, Gypyx wrote:
In post 695, OutWorldER wrote:

i aggressively dislike this post but I'm not sure if it's scummy or just a playstyle difference
Is it just a tone thing or what's the idea here

i should note that i'm in the middle of a depression outburst so that's probably not my usual me here
it is mostly tonal. i do disagree with like the general idea you've presented (i think presenting solves can be a good barometer of where someone stands in the game and how they're thinking about it) but mainly like the snark felt discrediting of Luca, like you were annoyed with him for no reason in particular

if it's IRL-related though i guess that just explains it then
Yeah ok maybe i wasn't being very charitable there, i'll try to keep myself contained from doing more snark

pedit : Wall of text jumpscare

bottom text
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:06 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 705, Dannflor wrote: I would most like to kill this VOTE: DeltaWave
I would most like for someone to hammer you tbh
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:06 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 704, Dannflor wrote: DeltaWave - i think this is scum. I think the fact that Delta realized ketchup was a newbie in 505 but didn't unvote until 664 is emblematic of someone who isn't really fluidly thinking about the game. I think the line to ketchup about "needing to quit this line of argument" is reminiscent of scum only finding validity in arguments that are "factually correct," it's not really interested in ketchup's alignment.

To be honest, I think DeltaWave reading 228 straight and calling it "so, so, so bad" is a scum tell. I think scum are more likely to take non-serious posts seriously for the most part and again, the defense of Drew seems more based in "this argument is factually inconsistent" not "this argument is scum motivated." I also think the town read on Luca is exactly the position scum would be taking up right now. There's too many scum reads and not in a towny way.
guess I'll quote this because I think it is important and I know people don't read walls
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:08 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 707, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 705, Dannflor wrote: I would most like to kill this VOTE: DeltaWave
I would most like for someone to hammer you tbh
guess I'll quote this because I think it is important and I know people don't read walls

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:11 am

Post by Gypyx »

it really feels like Dann is fishing around for scumreads that stick with other players

i don't know if that's cause he's town or cause he's scum, would lean more towards scum naturally but confidence isn't my strongest suit right now

the delta case is also pretty compelling fwiw

bottom text
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:14 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 710, Gypyx wrote: it really feels like Dann is fishing around for scumreads that stick with other players
Yes he is.
Which part, the part where he's wrong and fishing for alternative wagons?

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 710, Gypyx wrote: it really feels like Dann is fishing around for scumreads that stick with other players
im not sure why that is your vibe when I've pushed a total of like 2 scum reads this game
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

if anything i feel like im struggling to get one that I feel real confident about

deltawave is my best feeling read so far
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:19 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 712, Dannflor wrote:
im not sure why that is your vibe when I've pushed a total of like 2 scum reads this game
mostly about how your pushes have been very wishy washy, not how many you've done

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:19 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 711, DeltaWave wrote:
Yes he is.
Which part, the part where he's wrong and fishing for alternative wagons?
You're going right for his troat huh

bottom text
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:20 am

Post by Dannflor »

I see

I think a variety of factors have affected the quality of my play / confidence in my reads this game

I don't feel great about it but it is what it is
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:20 am

Post by OutWorldER »

i can agree with the deltawave read actually, especially after seeing those responses

i think it feels really convenient that deltawave is absent most of the day and only shows back up when dann is near death and seems to be trying to push the vote through, while almost entirely sheeping Luca.

VOTE: Deltawave
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:21 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I think the fact that Delta realized ketchup was a newbie in 505 but didn't unvote until 664 is emblematic of someone who isn't really fluidly thinking about the game.
Yeah, because I wasn't fluidly thinking about the game since I was way behind and needed to catch up. I said that, but of course you don't mention it. I wonder why.
I think the line to ketchup about "needing to quit this line of argument" is reminiscent of scum only finding validity in arguments that are "factually correct," it's not really interested in ketchup's alignment.
The problem here is that I wasn't using it to push the wagon. I was telling ketchup, a super newbie, that they can't just assume everyone who votes them has to be scum. Again, BS.
To be honest, I think DeltaWave reading 228 straight and calling it "so, so, so bad" is a scum tell. I think scum are more likely to take non-serious posts seriously for the most part and again, the defense of Drew seems more based in "this argument is factually inconsistent" not "this argument is scum motivated." I also think the town read on Luca is exactly the position scum would be taking up right now.
Given that I said that I don't like Drew's posts I'm not sure how you can call this a "defense." Who cares about my Luca town read given that Luca is not in jeopardy of being limmed right now.
There's too many scum reads and not in a towny way.
I have two scum reads. There are some people I'm unsure about but there's only two good scum reads.

It sounds like you're just cherry picking reasons to justify a vote.

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:23 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 717, OutWorldER wrote: i think it feels really convenient that deltawave is absent most of the day and only shows back up when dann is near death and seems to be trying to push the vote through, while almost entirely sheeping Luca.
Oooh yeah I'm pushing the vote on someone who I think is scum, that's totally my bad. lmao. It's very funny that the two people I point a finger at vote me immediately after.

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:23 am

Post by Dannflor »

counterpoint: no u
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:23 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think deltawave is trying to win the argument not figure out people's alignments
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:24 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 721, Dannflor wrote: I think deltawave is trying to win the argument not figure out people's alignments
Translation: DeltaWave pointed out all the ways I'm wrong but I can't defend it

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:25 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 721, Dannflor wrote: I think deltawave is trying to win the argument not figure out people's alignments
ditto

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:25 am

Post by Gypyx »

idk, gonna let y'all figure this out, not my problem

bottom text

bottom text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”