A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:37 am

Post by T-Bone »

Ranger, while I appreciate the enthusiasm to call me town your energy is better spent elsewhere. I cannot be mislimmed without scum practically revealing themselves to do it. Incidentally...I think I have to call STD town because of that.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:38 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1449, gob wrote:
In post 1448, Ranger wrote:
In post 1441, Save The Dragons wrote:I'm sorry what

Secret conversation?
Yes. We talked to each other and said one thing, yet meant another.

Again. I have receipts. You’ll be surprised how obvious they were in hindsight, you just weren’t looking.
Let's see em. I wasn't paying attention i will admit.
Yes, a lot of talk of these receipts.

Yes rl happens and stuff, but don't keep teasing it and not showing your work.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:39 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

this is bound to be hilarious
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:40 am

In post 1442, humaneatingmonkey wrote: This is the vote that killed Python's chance to build Black counterwagon. They were hoping it ended with my vote and people would switch to Black. They were also counting on your townread on them.

This is a sudden flip that could indicate scum's commitment to bussing Python or reveals STD as town.

So, STD, if you can walk us through what made you say that you could be wrong, we'll get a lot from it I think.
Notification bell
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:41 am

Post by Naerys »

VOTE: ranger
fine, if u wish 1v1 so be it, i am tired of ur nonsense
i will tear down ur logic tmorrow
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:42 am

In post 1036, Save The Dragons wrote: fuck it maybe i'm just wrong

VOTE: python

that's e-1 i think
fuck i did it wrong, so here's the original quote

but please carry on with the secret conversation
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:45 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I don't remember

I would need some time to see if I could figure it out
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:32 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1431, Ranger wrote:
In post 1393, davesaz wrote:Flat out saying you were lying isn't a reaction that means something?
Not to Dannflor it wasn’t. If he thought it was, he wouldn’t have said it. He only did because he thought it would be understood I lie. In 2023 I built a rapport for chronic fakeclaiming. Dannflor knew this and assumed others would, too.
You're missing my point. It doesn't matter whether Dannflor meant for it to be a signal. What matters is that I saw it as a signal.
Which is, somewhat ironically, what you're saying about your secret communications.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:10 pm

In post 1344, T-Bone wrote:
In post 1258, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Tinfoil hat:

If gob is town, then Python must really thought deepdown that he's telling the truth in #836 - as he could have done things differently if he thought he had the chance of pushing for a gob elimination.

Python's list of people who would go for Gob
- light/Black/Ranger/Python/Drew/Dave

Python's list of people who wouldn't vote for Gob
- gob/Naerys/Dann/HEM/STD/T-Bone/JV

Then everyone in the list of people who wouldn't vote for Gob is just town, and Python slipped.
Counterpoint.
Is this not a surface level factual state of the game?
Seems like everyone voiced an opinion of where they would go for gob or not.

(Counter to my counter, six votes is essentially 7 because someone will hammer so why not try?)
I missed this. It was not. While the list of people who would go for Gob had reason behind it (daveas looked back and they were the previous voters of Gob in a wagon), the list of people who wouldn't vote for Gob was inaccurate (for example, i never said i wont vote Gob)

I do think that while this list is probably not an exact town vs scum divide, it is still important to note because Python still went for Black instead of Gob - where their ass is on the line.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:37 pm

maybe Python just sucks ass as a player and was not thinking rationally idk
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:38 pm

Post by Black »

In post 1439, Ranger wrote:
In post 1412, Black wrote:If Naerys is scum with python I feel like she would have just swapped to my wagon when it was 5v5. That probably would have been enough to save Python. It would have been 6v4 and all they would need after that was a T-Bone or Drew hammer
During the period the wagons were tied, was she around?
Was usesPython around?

That was only a couple of hours a time period.

The scum were clearly talking to each other near day end, likely on whether to try and save Python; they opted not to. Did they have the time to reach a consensus not to swap in that small timeframe?

I need to check myself; I doubt it’s there.
I think Naerys was around

I'm thinking of a few ways where my read could be wrong. Like if scum didn't think she could switch off believably or if they were committed to the bus cred. I just think there are better options today
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:44 pm

Post by Black »

In post 1443, T-Bone wrote: What are you on about exactly? I'd love to hear the theory of what you think I was trying to do
Well if you're scum then you were trying to get people to talk about who they think the Masons are. I'm not sure why'd you ask it as town unless you just don't understand the harm in role speculation, or if you think there's some benefit to discussing it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:01 pm

Post by T-Bone »

What kind of amateur hour is this?

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:10 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1462, T-Bone wrote: What kind of amateur hour is this?
Apparently the kind where you think it's ok to promote discussing mason solves.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:13 pm

Post by gob »

In post 1459, humaneatingmonkey wrote: maybe Python just sucks ass as a player and was not thinking rationally idk
huh? whatever logic you're running through right now is not correct
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:18 pm

so at least we agree that it's meaningful to solve the game by finding out what Python was trying to do
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:05 pm

In post 1442, humaneatingmonkey wrote: This is the vote that killed Python's chance to build Black counterwagon. They were hoping it ended with my vote and people would switch to Black. They were also counting on your townread on them.

This is a sudden flip that could indicate scum's commitment to bussing Python or reveals STD as town.

So, STD, if you can walk us through what made you say that you could be wrong, we'll get a lot from it I think.
If you're asking why I would vote a townread, lots of people are super confident in their reads even when they have no right to be. In order to better my play, I am trying to be humble at times. If python were to flip scum, that's a win, and if not, then maybe people will listen to me more and I can build up confidence in my reads this game.

Along with a looming deadline, a tbone wagon no one had interest in, and me balking on my tbone read because tbone pointed out I did nothing to push him when I thought I had also contributed i think.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:06 pm

Post by Ranger »

The "Tee-Hee~" between usesPython and Naerys started early.

+ looked coordinated.

was responded to with .

I saw as continued strategic distancing.

I saw as continued cheekiness of Naerys and usesPython being tied together as masons pretending to be mafia.

and were both nonserious and yet serious.

continued their ties together.

continued their cheekiness.

I tied Ausuka to them off of (+), and Naerys's in response, augmented by . I thought Ausuka's without followthrough was mason distancing.

If you think I was the only one seeing their interactions, refer to . light painted the interaction between Naerys and usesPython as suspicious, I thought it was masons.

I believe light was right (perhaps due to being the actual third?). Light also restated it in . I agreed with Light, I thought it was inorganic. I mistakenly believed it was due to masons knowing each others' alignment.

It continued into + .

(Again, light possible third from +, then , with too. adds to this. too. //etc. further defend usesPython.)

felt it was admitting they were masons being cheeky.

+ + continued the tee-hee between them. felt like it was Naerys trying to cheekily say they were masons with usesPython.

For Ausuka, + + [poar]138[/post] + felt staged, to fake having no awareness of each other.

When Dannflor stated in he didn't believe usesPython actually townread Ausuka, I agreed; I thought the reason why was they were the masonry.

What sold it to me as mason distancing was how despite the suspicion on Naerys usesPython alleged, they were most heavily engaging Dannflor and suspicious of him without voting there.

That made me believe the vote on Naerys was strategically placed to leave a false trail of them not being masons, and they would later hop off each other and go their separate ways, having hidden themselves from the mafia.

I thought was Ausuka moving to make them do exactly that, and start the process of shifting their reads, enhanced by . Ausuka began upping the defense in , and making the same wink wink nudge nudge tee-hee interaction in , about Naerys.

had Naerys within, but usesPython was focusing more on T-Bone and Dannflor, never once addressing Naerys, with Naerys not addressing them, either. There was a mutual sense of them ignoring each other while engaging other alleged scumreads.

I thought the "masons" (Naerys, usesPython, and Ausuka) had, in the mason PT, collectively decided they were sus of T-Bone, and fueled that theory.

While it seemed , I figured it was continued distancing by trying to not appear united as one entity when . made me feel Ausuka was forcing the townreads on the non-Ranger read because her explanation of them was different than for me.

In , Dannflor outright told me "Ranger, I am a mason." Dannflor would never have said this to me from a page one vote on him if he wasn't trying to already tell me he's a mason. He doubled-down on mason-signaling to me in . "you are not good at reading me" was code for "Ranger, I am a MASON". If you know Dannflor, you know he wouldn't default to saying this instantly.

In , by page two, I had usesPython and Naerys as masons together (see above) and Ausuka as the likely third.

Because I thought they were the masonry, I thought from Dannflor was a scumclaim, thus my .

When I read 186, . This was my way of acknowledging I saw his mason claim for what it was, I just didn't believe it. "Nice try" is a phrase I wouldn't use unless there was something I viewed as an attempt to falsely sell a narrative. What narrative did I see in ? Dannflor-mason, because he told me very early on.

That led to my , where I outright said it; I acknowledged Dannflor was trying to pretend to be a mason; I thought he wasn't.

was another "I am a mason and you should not be this much in opposition to me" post. Since I was aware I could've been wrong on him, I made / acknowledging this.

In , I signaled to what I saw as the masonry, asking if it was okay for me to fake being masons with them, to get a VT killed in place of a mason.

In , I deliberately placed the three masons together, separating them from the rest. It meant I saw usesPython, Naerys, and Ausuka as all the strongest, with everyone else below, because they were who I thought the masonry was. It was designed to reinforce the previous hint. And my reasons were transparently not the real ones, part of signaling:
In post 396, Ranger wrote:I understand the suspicion on UsesPython and Naerys but
don't want my masonbuddies voted
I see their perspectives as town
, despite understanding why they're seen as suspect. These reads are where I'll likely need to explain most going forward; for now, this'll suffice.
Ausuka's presence has been strongly indicative of a solvey mindset I believe demonstrates she's town.
I reinforced "hey, I know you're masons" by strikethrough mason text and putting Ausuka next to them with a similarly nonsense explanation. The real reason those three were my top townreads is I saw their interactions as cheeky masonry mechanics.

Then, immediately after, , by stating they were done distancing. They had been voting Naerys, so by swapping off, they would be 'done' distancing. I believed this was usesPython's way of telling me I was right about all three being masons, and a signal of blessing to me to move forward.

There was a post where I swore Python called me a mason to confirm the plan of me fourth-masoning, I sadly can't find it.

All of this was beginning to culminate in . I didn't list usesPython, Naerys, or JacksonVirgo, due to belief in them being masons.
I didn't list Dannflor because of acknowledging he could be town.
I listed everyone else.

When JacksonVirgo came in, I began to have doubts Naerys was a mason, and thought the third might be gob from and similar. JacksonVirgo's defense of usesPython told me I was right about the usesPython-Ausuka mason connection though.

I didn't have time to verify (I was working), so I knew I could be wrong on usesPython at this point. Still, I felt I had connected the two strongly.

This is how I thought Naerys and usesPython (with Ausuka/JacksonVirgo) were town masons.
It was also how I thought Dannflor was scum despite his very obvious signaling.

And now, I believe the opposite.

Naerys never really interacted with usesPython.
usesPython never really interacted with Naerys.
Their interactions were performative alright, just not for masons.

Given all of this, my conclusion:

Though there may be extenuating circumstances as to why, I'm going to say something I loathe to utter as I thought it never could apply;
In post 388, Ranger wrote:
{UsesPython, Naerys}
{Ausuka}
{light_ganski}

{
Doctor Drew
, Save the Dragons}
{T-Bone}
{davesaz}
{Cook}

{gob}
{Black, Dannflor}
If you invert Ranger's readslist here, you'll have the entire scumteam. Vote out the top of her list, and the town wins every time.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:10 pm

Ranger they all voted each other for most of the day

Why would masons do that that's not distancing that's suicide
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:12 pm

Ranger, I will be honest. That's a lot of things. But I will engage with it if you engage with my content as well. Good?
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:13 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 1449, gob wrote:Let's see em. I wasn't paying attention i will admit.
I probably didn't format it well. Still, all the receipts are in .
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:16 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 1468, Save The Dragons wrote:Ranger they all voted each other for most of the day
Why would masons do that that's not distancing that's suicide
It's not suicidal if they never push each other. It's level 2 mason play. Not the smartest strategy, yet smarter than forcing townreads on both masonbuddies and signaling to the scumteam exactly who to kill (level 1 play). I believed their push on each other was designed to deliberately prevent scum from putting them together as a masonry, while avoiding the town wagoning them to elimination.

Naerys was inactive enough at deadline I thought usesPython being in hammering range may have been unintentional.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:17 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 1469, humaneatingmonkey wrote:But I will engage with it if you engage with my content as well. Good?
When I see things worth engaging, sure!
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:18 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 1463, davesaz wrote:
In post 1462, T-Bone wrote: What kind of amateur hour is this?
Apparently the kind where you think it's ok to promote discussing mason solves.
:roll:

It might be worth going back and seeing which player I was talking to in light of a recent post by said player.

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:18 pm