Mafia Reunion | Postgame

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3050 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:12 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

So we’re in a do you believe Theta or believe Roden situation.

Roden can only be converted scum, unless Hu Tao is also Group Scum, so i don’t see the purpose of Theta lying

I haven’t liked Roden’s play this day phase, though
Narration
Narration
he/him
Goon
Narration
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3051 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:40 pm

Post by Narration »

VC coming…
Moderator Account Of RH9, specifically for Themes
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3052 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:44 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

oh

updated results on roden

recruitment miscellaneous and miscellaneous actions happened in rodens room
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Narration
Narration
he/him
Goon
Narration
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3053 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:49 pm

Post by Narration »

Day 5 Count I

ActionDan (
E-4
) - ,
Aureal (1) -

Not Voting
- , ActionDan, Doctor Drew, Hu Tao, JacksonVirgo, Theta Alpine, Thomith

Notes
  • With 10 remaining, it takes 6 to form a majority.
  • Our mod ISO is here.
  • Please let know if there are any errors or queries.
  • Sorry for the delay.
Day 5
concludes in (expired on 2024-02-07 09:00:00)

Moderator Account Of RH9, specifically for Themes
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3054 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:56 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 3049, Theta Alpine wrote: that is a good point
i would imagine a redirect on me would have effected both of my ability usages and that obviously did not happen hmm
In post 3052, Theta Alpine wrote: oh

updated results on roden

recruitment miscellaneous and miscellaneous actions happened in rodens room
Well that solves that

Kinda still back to square one though
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3055 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:59 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 3050, Flavor Leaf wrote: So we’re in a do you believe Theta or believe Roden situation.

Roden can only be converted scum, unless Hu Tao is also Group Scum, so i don’t see the purpose of Theta lying

I haven’t liked Roden’s play this day phase, though
I mean

If you believe Theta, she's saying that you are likely group scum
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3056 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:03 pm

Post by Roden »

Two of Dan/Theta/Aureal are conftown, right?
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3057 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:09 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

two are confirmed to investigate as town
unless titus is lying of course
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3058 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:09 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3056, Roden wrote: Two of Dan/Theta/Aureal are conftown, right?
Yes, as I would be shocked with any other false innos.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3059 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:13 pm

Post by Roden »

Well, it weirdly lines up here

If town believes me, then Theta is the scum in that list

If town believes Theta, Dan is the scum in that list

So Aureal is confirmed not group scum
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3060 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:19 pm

Post by Roden »

Titus, how does a Dan elim into an Aureal elim ever make sense here?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3061 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:24 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Well I typed an essay only to be logged out.

Let's try again.

fuck.

Okay. I believe that the group scum are Drew and Flavor Leaf. That's my best guess though there's some wiggle room with regard to FL. I still believe the N1 convert is Hu Tao. While there might be a special interaction with Roden's stream that actually makes it so they are "caught on stream" even if from a pure action standpoint a self-watcher would not target them, their play this entire game and gamma's play D2 really lends itself to recruit territory. N2 was likely maestro, N3 was stopped by Thomith or game would likely be over, and originally N4 it was making plenty of sense Roden would be the recruit with Theta's result, a cop inno on them, and the fact that of all the living players Roden might be the only one to previously express disinterest in voting me (my fade is obviously the scum goal today). However if it can be ascertained that Roden had previously said he actively self watches, that is, he explicitly actions on himself (which I do kinda remember that being stated previously) than Theta not getting that result is suspect. Even if the mod made an error usually the mod would tell the affected party (Theta) but that not being the case probably means it is unrelated. So of the two, it is likely to me that theta is the scum, but probably just a convert if so.

It's easiest to explain why Drew is scum. Firstly we have to go back to NK15's role to show there is group scum in FG. With the likelihood that Cakez was original traitor and Maestro was not, as it stands, NK15 had the potential to get both a false positive (Maestro) and a false negative (Cakez) as scum from implication of their role. That is shoddy game design if there wasn't at least a way to get a real hit. I think it would be unconscionable if that were the case. So it is a choice between me and Drew. We will look at role reasons and play reasons. Role reasons: If I am the scum converting in the hood and Drew is town, his role does jack all to stop the conversions as he only stops non-FG player actions on his target. It only serves to block out the town info roles as demonstrated N2. I have asked this before and I ask again, would it not be better if Drew never used his role? The answer is yes it would be. Again this would be rather shitty game design. My role as a simple doc has no such negative interactions with town info roles and I stop conversions from FG members. Considering the limited purview I think that's much fairer and makes a lot more sense.

Playwise Drew was decently active and vocal D1 but I haven't revisited it since I entered the game. D2 he followed me unto RR and the day was cut short. D3 is more consequential. I have always thought him turning his vote on me mid-day came out of whole cloth. However there is a possibility that the argument he started was projection. I will not relitigate it (you can read up if needed - the info is all there but good luck not frying brain cells). I will simply restate it: I was accused of TMIing when I causally asked if, and implied I believed that, Drew had targeted Maestro N1. Doing so gave away that I failed to convert Maestro N1 and that I thought Drew had to be responsible (his words). I now wonder, and it would be oh so sweet, if Drew had failed in a Maestro convert N1 and tried to attribute this to me. No matter what I think the argument levied at me in the first place was insane, illogical, and unnatural. However it has pretty much established Drew's perennial inclination to vote me ever since. Onwards Drew has not been active and has barely sunk an additional thought into the game.

Now why FL? Admittedly my suspicion is less solid than Drew. But it does start from Drew being scum.

The first thing that does not jive is the "Scum have a 1-shot unblockable modifier to all abilities". This only bypasses my role, and only my role. I don't think it's necessary and is probably one of those creative lies. Perhaps made to bolster Drew's ability's viability. The more I think of the role itself the more I have come to dislike it. The anme part has told us info that we could readily guess at or else we would find out about at about the same rate we get it. All if it is info group scum could feed us. The miller part in a game with 2 roles with the reverse miller feels like overkill though its not out of the question. And flavor cop could include getting a name easily. While I dislike the role its not strong enough at all by itself.

I think Flavor Leaf's play just rings hollow to me. I think today is a good example in multiple ways of an uncritical approach that belies no intention to solve. Thinking Roden defending me immediately as the day began being weird isn't unexpected due to his feelings yesterday. Titus voting Aureal may not be the greatest but there no real further attempt to solve that when there is a trove of VCA and interactions with Titus that makes her slot solvable at least for 3 game days. The firehouse postings of pairings viable or not do not feel fleshed out and are more like pretense (see Drew/Aureal) than anything else. Trying to spin finding traitors in FG as a reason to trust him does not play well when for all purposes Cakez would likely be thought to be town by group scum and Maestro was a traitor who if faded would be practically doing his job. The same when saying lauding the fact he claimed rightfully scum was on RR wagon while he was part of it and caused an early day.

I feel like if FL really thought I my tone was town he might have seen past "Maestro falling on the sword". Clearly I'm still a viable fade now, and I think Maestro would have recognized I always would be and wanted to cash in on his own fade as a converted traitor before the town could ignore him and search for group scum. Does that make sense? I dunno this is not exactly something I can really argue past but I think if a few certain people are so laser focused on my fade so far along into the game as to willfully ignore the other nuances of the game than perhaps they are the scum with an agenda.

Anyway that's my soapbox.

I see there are some cuts. will read
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #3062 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:25 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 3061, ActionDan wrote: Well I typed an essay only to be logged out.

Let's try again.

fuck.

Okay. I believe that the group scum are Drew and Flavor Leaf. That's my best guess though there's some wiggle room with regard to FL. I still believe the N1 convert is Hu Tao. While there might be a special interaction with Roden's stream that actually makes it so they are "caught on stream" even if from a pure action standpoint a self-watcher would not target them, their play this entire game and gamma's play D2 really lends itself to recruit territory. N2 was likely maestro, N3 was stopped by Thomith or game would likely be over, and originally N4 it was making plenty of sense Roden would be the recruit with Theta's result, a cop inno on them, and the fact that of all the living players Roden might be the only one to previously express disinterest in voting me (my fade is obviously the scum goal today). However if it can be ascertained that Roden had previously said he actively self watches, that is, he explicitly actions on himself (which I do kinda remember that being stated previously) than Theta not getting that result is suspect. Even if the mod made an error usually the mod would tell the affected party (Theta) but that not being the case probably means it is unrelated. So of the two, it is likely to me that theta is the scum, but probably just a convert if so.

It's easiest to explain why Drew is scum. Firstly we have to go back to NK15's role to show there is group scum in FG. With the likelihood that Cakez was original traitor and Maestro was not, as it stands, NK15 had the potential to get both a false positive (Maestro) and a false negative (Cakez) as scum from implication of their role. That is shoddy game design if there wasn't at least a way to get a real hit. I think it would be unconscionable if that were the case. So it is a choice between me and Drew. We will look at role reasons and play reasons. Role reasons: If I am the scum converting in the hood and Drew is town, his role does jack all to stop the conversions as he only stops non-FG player actions on his target. It only serves to block out the town info roles as demonstrated N2. I have asked this before and I ask again, would it not be better if Drew never used his role? The answer is yes it would be. Again this would be rather shitty game design. My role as a simple doc has no such negative interactions with town info roles and I stop conversions from FG members. Considering the limited purview I think that's much fairer and makes a lot more sense.

Playwise Drew was decently active and vocal D1 but I haven't revisited it since I entered the game. D2 he followed me unto RR and the day was cut short. D3 is more consequential. I have always thought him turning his vote on me mid-day came out of whole cloth. However there is a possibility that the argument he started was projection. I will not relitigate it (you can read up if needed - the info is all there but good luck not frying brain cells). I will simply restate it: I was accused of TMIing when I causally asked if, and implied I believed that, Drew had targeted Maestro N1. Doing so gave away that I failed to convert Maestro N1 and that I thought Drew had to be responsible (his words). I now wonder, and it would be oh so sweet, if Drew had failed in a Maestro convert N1 and tried to attribute this to me. No matter what I think the argument levied at me in the first place was insane, illogical, and unnatural. However it has pretty much established Drew's perennial inclination to vote me ever since. Onwards Drew has not been active and has barely sunk an additional thought into the game.

Now why FL? Admittedly my suspicion is less solid than Drew. But it does start from Drew being scum.

The first thing that does not jive is the "Scum have a 1-shot unblockable modifier to all abilities". This only bypasses my role, and only my role. I don't think it's necessary and is probably one of those creative lies. Perhaps made to bolster Drew's ability's viability. The more I think of the role itself the more I have come to dislike it. The anme part has told us info that we could readily guess at or else we would find out about at about the same rate we get it. All if it is info group scum could feed us. The miller part in a game with 2 roles with the reverse miller feels like overkill though its not out of the question. And flavor cop could include getting a name easily. While I dislike the role its not strong enough at all by itself.

I think Flavor Leaf's play just rings hollow to me. I think today is a good example in multiple ways of an uncritical approach that belies no intention to solve. Thinking Roden defending me immediately as the day began being weird isn't unexpected due to his feelings yesterday. Titus voting Aureal may not be the greatest but there no real further attempt to solve that when there is a trove of VCA and interactions with Titus that makes her slot solvable at least for 3 game days. The firehouse postings of pairings viable or not do not feel fleshed out and are more like pretense (see Drew/Aureal) than anything else. Trying to spin finding traitors in FG as a reason to trust him does not play well when for all purposes Cakez would likely be thought to be town by group scum and Maestro was a traitor who if faded would be practically doing his job. The same when saying lauding the fact he claimed rightfully scum was on RR wagon while he was part of it and caused an early day.

I feel like if FL really thought I my tone was town he might have seen past "Maestro falling on the sword". Clearly I'm still a viable fade now, and I think Maestro would have recognized I always would be and wanted to cash in on his own fade as a converted traitor before the town could ignore him and search for group scum. Does that make sense? I dunno this is not exactly something I can really argue past but I think if a few certain people are so laser focused on my fade so far along into the game as to willfully ignore the other nuances of the game than perhaps they are the scum with an agenda.

Anyway that's my soapbox.

I see there are some cuts. will read
ok
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3063 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:30 pm

Post by Roden »

Let's kill JV

VOTE: JV
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3064 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:33 pm

Post by ActionDan »

With the votes from Aureal / FL to me it confirms one of them is group scum (I'm not surprised). unless I get hammered overnight. Roden and Titus were probably both town prior to tonight so can't be both converts. Titus convert implies Theta scum. Not really sure how useful that is or if it matters atm. Vote should be between Me and Drew.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3065 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:34 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Titus result D3 is actually useful. Drew scum implies JV town then.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3066 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:35 pm

Post by ActionDan »

VOTE: Drew

I'll leave this here.

Sleep time.. work soon -_-
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3067 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:45 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 3063, Roden wrote: Let's kill JV

VOTE: JV
Let's kill Roden

VOTE: Roden

@_@
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3068 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:47 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 3061, ActionDan wrote: Even if the mod made an error usually the mod would tell the affected party (Theta) but that not being the case probably means it is unrelated.
it uh
my results on roden did end up being the mod error
they just forgot to tell me the updated result until just a bit ago
alter of rautherdir
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3069 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:56 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 3064, ActionDan wrote: With the votes from Aureal / FL to me it confirms one of them is group scum (I'm not surprised). unless I get hammered overnight. Roden and Titus were probably both town prior to tonight so can't be both converts. Titus convert implies Theta scum. Not really sure how useful that is or if it matters atm. Vote should be between Me and Drew.
I don't feel like a quickhammer is at all likely here, given the lack of coordination and knowledge that the scum team would have here. If the team was like Drew/Theta with a couple of converts, they all need to not just be online simultaneously, but realize that the others, whose identities they don't know, all are as well so that it's safe to vote. If they just trickle in over the course of hours, it looks weird and could mess things up.

As for your wall... well, you have a point about the usefulness of Drew's role. I'll consider it further.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3070 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:00 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

hammer testing does not work in this setup from what it looks like

converted being traitors that are not even potentially known by the full cult completely messes with hammer testing quite a bit
alter of rautherdir
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3071 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:06 pm

Post by Aureal »

Turning that over in my head... Dan stops conversions
from
FG? The same group that he's been insisting had no scum in it?

I'm gonna have to go back and read all this claim info stuff again aren't I? :?

Dan and Drew, can you clarify when and why you guys claimed your roles to each other in the FG?
-furtiveglance
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3072 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:07 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

it ain't me. :shrug:
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3073 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:07 pm

Post by Titus »

FL being group scum is possible socially, but I'd put more evidence on him being a convert if scum. Both worlds are viable.

Claiming miller in the first post is something I've done as scum and won before. It could signal a traitor who he was.

However, from a setup design, it makes a lot of sense for a false guilty. Maestro was originally a false guilty for NK15. Cakez was a false inno for NK15. DV was a false inno for my role. FL being or starting as a false guilty makes sense.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3074 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:09 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

i standby there is a group scum in Dan/Drew basically 100% of the time.

their roles put them in a situation where they can just target each other every night and become untouchable bar the unstoppable action, but I always thought that was weird.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”