Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:59 am

Post by Gypyx »

Vivax (2) :
Roden / gob

outoforder (1) :
Naerys

Dannflor (1) :
Vivax

Not Voting (9):
Hu Tao / MalcolmTucker / Luca Blight / Dunnstral / Oatsmaster / outoforder / SuperfluousNinja / Dannflor / DarthPunk

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to secure an execution.

Day One ends in (expired on 2024-02-12 04:48:03)

Mod NotesOatsmaster and MalcolmTucker both have (expired on 2024-02-04 04:47:47) to confirm their role PM before i start a replacement search for their slot

Flavor
Spoiler:
fast foward 2022, murder drones is announced ! it's supposed to be a dark comedy with morally ambiguous women (still cool) that will be running for 8 episodes of roughly 20-25 minutes, which is already quite a lot of runtime for 3d animation apparently (don't quote me on that i don't know what a blender is expect the thing you use for cooking stuff)

specifically, remember that the main plot is uzi (main character) fighting off murder robots sent by the human species because uzi and everyone on her planet are AIs that went rogue and so death is the only answer to this technical issue or something like that, REMEMBER THAT THERE WILL BE A TEST
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:16 am

Post by Naerys »

luca blight feels towny
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:22 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 120, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 104, Vivax wrote:
In post 97, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 87, Vivax wrote: VOTE: Dannflor

All things considered, seems like the best vote to me currently.
I´m a bit wary of superflousnjnja´s way of interceding between Dann and DP here, felt like a very safe entrance to make.

I don't really follow this logic. What is safe about taking a side in an ongoing conflict at this stage?
You isolated one of DP‘s posts to write about what you didn‘t like about it but it seemed to me you ignored the context in which it originated. Felt like you tried to pick out one of the posts to generate content instead of looking at the interactions as a whole.

But why should the context matter? It's not like a waffle-y, "oh maybe don't take me so seriously" type of comment is suddenly less scummy just because it fits into something, yeah? The whole point of a tell is that you're able to discern things from it, REGARDLESS of the context. Tells should be things that stand on their own and stick out to you, regardless of what people try to bury it in, yeah?

But yeah, I was curious if you were going to bring this one up, and I see that you did...
Maybe as a means to endear you to one side of the discussion while appearing active.
Yeah. THIS is just nonsense. Why would an alleged scum version of myself want to make such clear lines in the sand when day 1 was, for me at least, less than an hour old? Like I know yall were talking while I was getting my beauty sleep, but the idea that I was actually trying to choose sides this early is just not logical. The LAST thing any scum ever wants to do, like ever, and much less at the very very beginning of the game, is have any clear allegiance with anyone. So this theory of yours seems like poor theorycrafting IMO.
Do you have any clear allegiances with anyone, in your opinion ? You initiated a suspicion arc on DP in a hit-and-run manner.
I guess what I'm asking for is that you take into consideration more than just that post from him while you have the advantage of being in a bystander position.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:36 am

Post by Vivax »

That said, I don't disagree that DP could be mafia and that maybe you even had a point that I didn't acknowledge as valid. But most likely he's not mafia with Dannflor. That seems like a good division to work onwards from.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:24 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 127, Vivax wrote:Do you have any clear allegiances with anyone, in your opinion ?

I certainly don't think so. The only thing I've done in this game is point that out and converse with you. I don't know if I'm ever going to classify my relationship with anyone in this game as an "allegiance". There will be people I trust more than others, but everyone will be treated with a healthy dose of skepticism as required.
You initiated a suspicion arc on DP in a hit-and-run manner.

Sure, but like, how else am I supposed to do it? It struck me as odd and I commented on it. And I don't think it's fair to describe it as "hit and RUN" either. I welcome any and all discussion of the matter and I didn't plan on running at all. I was, in fact,
hoping
that people would talk about it.
I guess what I'm asking for is that you take into consideration more than just that post from him while you have the advantage of being in a bystander position.

This seems needlessly controlling, tbh. Who says that's the only post from him that I've taken into consideration? It's the only one I commented on, sure, but it certainly isn't the only one I've considered.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:42 am

In post 62, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 60, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: outoforder
VOTE: Dannflor

Terrible.

If you want me to talk more about why I am a little sus of DarthPunk, this reaction is part of the reason why.

Outoforder said a thing about they think Dannflor might be trying to cozy up to them. Dannflor then reacted by voting for Outoforder.

Now you can either look at that as a joke, or you can see that Dannflor is unironically just trying to distance himself from Outoforder. One interpretation is that this was meaningless and another is, IMO, totally understandable. Thus, I don't really get why DarthPunk took so much issue with it. It's scummy to take issue with stuff on flimsy evidence, since scum know they're never going to get solid evidence of anything and thus must jump on even the flimsiest of cases and hope it somehow blows up into something legitimate.

Like it's just weird I guess. It didn't strike me as a scummy activity at all so I guess I just don't follow the thought process that might make someone think it was, other than a very simplified "there's a vote with little rationale behind it, go after it", which isn't much of a case so early in the day.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:44 am

In post 82, Dannflor wrote:
In post 80, Luca Blight wrote: Do you think it's scummy that they didn't get your joke?
i think it can be. there was an MD thread about this awhile back and generally I've found scum are more likely to take things overly seriously than not.

I am in complete agreement with this sentiment.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:51 am

In post 96, Dannflor wrote: UNVOTE: welp i got nothing from all that except a stronger confidence in DarthPunk as town
You made a legitimate point about how scum are more likely to take things seriously.

Darth argued with you at length about how random voting stage is rather silly, that each and every vote should be taken seriously. In other words, they made a case for why scum might take things seriously and created a space where their actions seem more understandable. They effectively tried to remove this strategy of yours to suspect people if they take things too seriously, which IMO is a totally valid strategy and your logic is sound, which now helps scum look less suspicious in this game if they overreact to things. Darth dispelled a totally valid point you made about something town could use to help find scum.

Your reaction to this was to forgive Darth and back off. Is that not, like, a bit odd? Aren't you concerned that Darth could be playing you here?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:53 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 110, DarthPunk wrote: Sorry I literally couldn’t post for a bit was getting an SQL error.

I think luca looks really good right now.

VOTE: Unvote

I enjoyed the banter was fun.
what sparked the unvote?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:57 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 132, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Your reaction to this was to forgive Darth and back off. Is that not, like, a bit odd? Aren't you concerned that Darth could be playing you here?
well, it's clear to me that Darth and I are coming from very different backgrounds and our understanding of how the beginning of a mafia game works is clearly different. I think that in part is responsible for some of the conflict generated between us, so I'm probably being more "forgiving" than I usually would be. I also don't necessarily think that because DP and I read something differently means we are of a different alignment, in fact his reaction made sense to me given the different backgrounds thing I mentioned

However, as far as the push on me, I find it more odd that he had such a visceral reaction but has since decided to back off and I'm not sure what triggered that change
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:27 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 132, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 96, Dannflor wrote: UNVOTE: welp i got nothing from all that except a stronger confidence in DarthPunk as town
You made a legitimate point about how scum are more likely to take things seriously.

Darth argued with you at length about how random voting stage is rather silly, that each and every vote should be taken seriously. In other words, they made a case for why scum might take things seriously and created a space where their actions seem more understandable. They effectively tried to remove this strategy of yours to suspect people if they take things too seriously, which IMO is a totally valid strategy and your logic is sound, which now helps scum look less suspicious in this game if they overreact to things. Darth dispelled a totally valid point you made about something town could use to help find scum.

Your reaction to this was to forgive Darth and back off. Is that not, like, a bit odd? Aren't you concerned that Darth could be playing you here?
I especially like the conclusion of this post, ninja can be town.

Maybe I was wrong in that they can‘t be partnered, some of their attitudes towards each other were over the top but that could also be explained by DP rather siding with me and Dann rather with OOO. Could just be two townies fighting over thread influence too.

Back to work.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:30 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 89, Vivax wrote:
In post 85, Dannflor wrote: vivax is there a reason you didn't explain random voting stage to your friend
I don´t view myself as above DP, we´re used to doing things differently. I like having him around cause he´s good at keeping my sanity in check, and I just pretend to be his angry chihuahua.

We´re past RVS now. If RVS was an issue, it´d be an issue for Roden as well. So that´s not the point of discussion we should be having in my opinion.
You know what RVS stands for.
Why were you scared of the rvs vote placed on you at the start of the game?
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:33 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 83, Dannflor wrote:
In post 81, DarthPunk wrote: It’s the start of day one, isn’t this the time of any
To not necessarily hard commit to things?
you seem to have the idea that voting somewhere equal a hard commit
yes. quote me up for that as well.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:36 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 83, Dannflor wrote:
In post 81, DarthPunk wrote: It’s the start of day one, isn’t this the time of any
To not necessarily hard commit to things?
you seem to have the idea that voting somewhere equal a hard commit
In post 91, Dannflor wrote: think we'll probably not end up agreeing on that particular point of mafia philosophy
are you going to do something in thus game?
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:38 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 98, Luca Blight wrote:

If you did it for a reaction, why not wait for outoforder's reaction?
this guy is prolly scum.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:39 am

Post by outoforder »

Dannflor is town anyways so..
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:42 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 139, outoforder wrote:
In post 98, Luca Blight wrote:

If you did it for a reaction, why not wait for outoforder's reaction?
this guy is prolly scum.
Curious, i personally got town vibes from luca
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:44 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 135, Vivax wrote:

Maybe I was wrong in that they can‘t be partnered, some of their attitudes towards each other were over the top but that could also be explained by DP rather siding with me and Dann rather with OOO. Could just be two townies fighting over thread influence too.

Back to work.
why???
this is so stupid.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:46 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 135, Vivax wrote:

Back to work.
Vibes, I would say 50% correct. It doesnt sit well with me, the post i mean.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:47 am

Post by outoforder »

Last post was to Naerys,
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:50 am

Post by outoforder »

how do i vote?
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:52 am

Post by outoforder »

VOTE: Luca Blight
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:54 am

Post by outoforder »

lets murder mafia ok?
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:55 am

Post by outoforder »

sorry lets sacamaalalaskljksdaidn mafia ok?
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:05 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 130, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 62, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 60, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: outoforder
VOTE: Dannflor

Terrible.

If you want me to talk more about why I am a little sus of DarthPunk, this reaction is part of the reason why.

Outoforder said a thing about they think Dannflor might be trying to cozy up to them. Dannflor then reacted by voting for Outoforder.

Now you can either look at that as a joke, or you can see that Dannflor is unironically just trying to distance himself from Outoforder. One interpretation is that this was meaningless and another is, IMO, totally understandable. Thus, I don't really get why DarthPunk took so much issue with it. It's scummy to take issue with stuff on flimsy evidence, since scum know they're never going to get solid evidence of anything and thus must jump on even the flimsiest of cases and hope it somehow blows up into something legitimate.

Like it's just weird I guess. It didn't strike me as a scummy activity at all so I guess I just don't follow the thought process that might make someone think it was, other than a very simplified "there's a vote with little rationale behind it, go after it", which isn't much of a case so early in the day.
There is nothing scummy there.
I don't know Dannflor from before, how do you take that?

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”