A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:49 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 1895, JacksonVirgo wrote: I'm not complaining about being pushed, I completely understand it but expanding on my reasoning from yesterday. Enchant and I were both Town getting pushed to a pretty substantial degree and T-Bone just did not put pressure anywhere unlike his presence in the early game.
I can push you more if that will make you feel better. This rings like a hollow complaint because I stopped pushing your slot based on how you were approaching things upon entry. You're not that same player now if that's the standard you want to set.

(I mean I'm the same but this is your argument)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:53 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 1894, Naerys wrote: why are we town reading Black and StD again
I don't think there's many town reading Black but to put it diplomatically STD is tunneling based on personality rather than play and that makes me think town because I think scum!STD would be looking at things in people's play that makes sense as scum. Do you know why STD thinks Ranger or I are scum? I don't. I think STD is stubborn and feels married to his reads, he decided I was scum on Day 1 and has never questioned this since. Don't get me wrong, most players do this. I definitely do this. I should have done this yesterday and kept my town read of Enchant's slot but that's on me because I let being wrong on Python shake me.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:54 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 1900, JacksonVirgo wrote: Just realised T-bone probably tried pocketing Ranger as of yesterday
Oh I hope so.

(If anyone is pocketed it's me)

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:54 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

zzz
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:57 am

Post by T-Bone »

I'm going to go ahead and get out in front of this...but if you think I am scum then push me. Whether that's STD, Black, JV, or someone else. And I don't mean cast side eye about me possibly being scum. That's really boring. I mean do something about it, and do something about it today. Go through my ISO, make your case. I have been asking for this since Day 1. Yes, sorry, I'm going to make it difficult for you to eliminate me. But don't shy away.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:59 am

Post by T-Bone »

The only person I actually believe thinks I am scum right now is STD. There is much evidence he is town but I'm not seeing it especially from JV frankly.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:39 pm

Post by Alianna »

VC 3.02
Votecount 3.02

JacksonVirgo (3):
humaneatingmonkey, Naerys, Black
[E-2]

T-Bone (2):
JacksonVirgo, Save The Dragons

Not Voting (4):
T-Bone, Doctor Drew, davesaz, Ranger

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an elimination.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-02-08 01:56:12).

Mod notes:
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:05 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

I'll try to write a last will before deadline - I'm just busy right now from work.

I would like people to weigh in on game-defining moments such as:

1. Python's Day 1 performance, movement around gob counterwagon, and what it might mean for scum team's strategy.
2. Enchant's elimination in a scum!JV world and a town!JV world.

I think that's plenty of alignment-indicative material for all players.

I plead with JV that if he is town, that he belongs to the same team as I, and that he begins to leave a last will because the game does not end with his death. The surrender feels scummy, which I'll ignore, but ultimately unhelpful for town winning the game.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:12 pm

It's too advanced, but in Day 3 - upon JV's flip - I would like everybody to look at STD as deepwolf or as JV's partner. STD was a last-minute vote on Python's wagon after townreading them much of the game, and on Day 2 - was instrumental in invalidating my push on JV while encouraging votes on Enchant.

One notable thing is he voted for me after being cross with me, supposedly, but I don't find it believable that he really scumread me just for calling him out as being wrong on Day 1. I believe it was an effort to invalidate my push on JV to make me look unreasonable (and if JV would flip scum, JV also went for a tactic where he would say that "he's seeing words but not getting any meaning from them").
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:28 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I simply don't want to waste my breath any longer. Everything I've said has come and bit me in the ass, taken out of context or just ignored and I'm not interested in that. Most notably Drew labelling my TR on gob as pocketing, them just throwing what i said about Enchant as "this is scummy owo", you taking my words out of context yesterday multiple times and just now in that last post you saying I can't SR you because I must have had some ulterior motive to doing so like what, also in regards to you saying my surrender is scummy and you'll ignore (which is very much not ignoring as you literally said it, and from what i see you have no real plans on considering other people considering the wording in both those posts). T-Bone just pretending my read on them is unsubstantiated and based in nothing. Ranger consumed by confirmation bias enough that they've expanded upon "this would be super cool if I was right, here's twenty posts talking about it" which is just going to cement her feelings further that she was indeed right until directly proven that she isn't which would be my death. I just have very little confidence that my words will ever be heard, and that's okay I am not complaining about it as it just happens when you're scum-read to this degree but don't tell me that I should be doing something when your collective actions (not your push) is the thing dissuading me from doing so.

That being said, I don't think a single person excluding STD, wants anybody except for me for an elimination while anyone else is just a secondary choice for them. Which is crazy to think that nobody is looking at that except me but maybe that's cuz I know I'm Town, or you're all consumed by the read you just consider that wolves would just bus which is also fair I guess.

wiki // GTKAS
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:29 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1903, T-Bone wrote:
I don't think there's many town reading Black but to put it diplomatically STD is tunneling based on personality rather than play and that makes me think town because I think scum!STD would be looking at things in people's play that makes sense as scum. Do you know why STD thinks Ranger or I are scum? I don't. I think STD is stubborn and feels married to his reads, he decided I was scum on Day 1 and has never questioned this since. Don't get me wrong, most players do this. I definitely do this. I should have done this yesterday and kept my town read of Enchant's slot but that's on me because I let being wrong on Python shake me.
In post 1906, T-Bone wrote: I'm going to go ahead and get out in front of this...but if you think I am scum then push me. Whether that's STD, Black, JV, or someone else. And I don't mean cast side eye about me possibly being scum. That's really boring. I mean do something about it, and do something about it today. Go through my ISO, make your case. I have been asking for this since Day 1. Yes, sorry, I'm going to make it difficult for you to eliminate me. But don't shy away.
In post 1907, T-Bone wrote: The only person I actually believe thinks I am scum right now is STD. There is much evidence he is town but I'm not seeing it especially from JV frankly.
I am a bit confused, but are you town reading StD or not?

Pre Edit: I didn't read that whole wall of text, but I definitely want Ranger today as well
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:31 pm

like i said man, game does not end with your death. so any solve from you will elevate you to conftown status posthumously. it will not be a waste of breath.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:32 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

You're right, it doesn't end on my death. So win the game for me.

wiki // GTKAS
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:33 pm

i die tonight bro, i'll see you in dead thread. please solve the game for posterity.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Collective "you"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

For that

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I just realised I never said "you" lmfao

wiki // GTKAS
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:47 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1916, JacksonVirgo wrote: Collective "you"
In post 1917, JacksonVirgo wrote: For that
In post 1918, JacksonVirgo wrote: I just realised I never said "you" lmfao
Hey man, let me buy you a drink before you might be sent to the hellfire
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:58 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1915, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i die tonight bro, i'll see you in dead thread. please solve the game for posterity.
All I'll say is that I believe T-Bone is a wolf, which goes without saying considering my read list from around when I hammered and then their behaviour taking a strong shift from the early game to the late when the gamestate benefits the wolves, and I know that the gamestate benefits the wolves because I'm Town and you'll see that for yourself.

Given yesterday was a chop up between two main course of myself, the entree of Enchant, with a dabble of Ranger on the side. I town-read Ranger so this has a little bit of an assumption mixed in but even if they aren't the focus was on Enchant and myself. Both town, and T-Bones attention to the game dwindled and became relatively passive which is exponentially more likely to come from a wolf given his position as there was no apparent risk to anybody else except Ranger of course near the end hence my assumption there. He then decides to throw my vote on him to the abyss because he "only believes STD genuinely thinks he is wolf" which is a snoozefest of a statement.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:58 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1919, Doctor Drew wrote: Hey man, let me buy you a drink before you might be sent to the hellfire
I'd be down for that ;)

wiki // GTKAS
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:11 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 1912, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1903, T-Bone wrote:
In post 1906, T-Bone wrote: I'm going to go ahead and get out in front of this...but if you think I am scum then push me. Whether that's STD, Black, JV, or someone else. And I don't mean cast side eye about me possibly being scum. That's really boring. I mean do something about it, and do something about it today. Go through my ISO, make your case. I have been asking for this since Day 1. Yes, sorry, I'm going to make it difficult for you to eliminate me. But don't shy away.
In post 1907, T-Bone wrote: The only person I actually believe thinks I am scum right now is STD. There is much evidence he is town but I'm not seeing it especially from JV frankly.
I am a bit confused, but are you town reading StD or not?

Pre Edit: I didn't read that whole wall of text, but I definitely want Ranger today as well
Sorry. I think STD is town and thus I feel his read is genuine. It's not a correct read, but if we were all capable of having correct reads there would be no game. I'm not trying to belittle STD, I feel like out of the people who are explicitly scumreading me, he's the one player who has demonstrated to me the most that he believes the read.

Scum can't really believe their fake reads since they know the truth.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:17 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 1826, JacksonVirgo wrote: Gob, Naerys, Ranger, Black, Dave all townie.
Drew and STD are fine
T-Bone I wanna look into more
HEM, Enchant are baddies

That's where I'm at right now. I dont think both HEM and Enchant are partners if enchant flips red.
Ranger's actions are weird but they're weird weird so I don't think it means anything.
I like Drews progressions, them jumping to Ranger doesn't make a whole lot of sense especially if Enchant is red
STD I like mainly cuz he's seeing me for me, which isn't something I should town-read but I'm going to anyway
Everyone else I believe I explained except T-Bone who just fell off to me, if Enchant is green I'm going to put more eyes on T-Bone for not doing anything when two town wagons were in the heat the entire day.
In post 1891, JacksonVirgo wrote: VOTE: T-Bone

For prosperity
In post 1900, JacksonVirgo wrote: Just realised T-bone probably tried pocketing Ranger as of yesterday
In post 1911, JacksonVirgo wrote: I simply don't want to waste my breath any longer. Everything I've said has come and bit me in the ass, taken out of context or just ignored and I'm not interested in that. Most notably Drew labelling my TR on gob as pocketing, them just throwing what i said about Enchant as "this is scummy owo", you taking my words out of context yesterday multiple times and just now in that last post you saying I can't SR you because I must have had some ulterior motive to doing so like what, also in regards to you saying my surrender is scummy and you'll ignore (which is very much not ignoring as you literally said it, and from what i see you have no real plans on considering other people considering the wording in both those posts). T-Bone just pretending my read on them is unsubstantiated and based in nothing. Ranger consumed by confirmation bias enough that they've expanded upon "this would be super cool if I was right, here's twenty posts talking about it" which is just going to cement her feelings further that she was indeed right until directly proven that she isn't which would be my death. I just have very little confidence that my words will ever be heard, and that's okay I am not complaining about it as it just happens when you're scum-read to this degree but don't tell me that I should be doing something when your collective actions (not your push) is the thing dissuading me from doing so.

That being said, I don't think a single person excluding STD, wants anybody except for me for an elimination while anyone else is just a secondary choice for them. Which is crazy to think that nobody is looking at that except me but maybe that's cuz I know I'm Town, or you're all consumed by the read you just consider that wolves would just bus which is also fair I guess.
JV, these are every post that you have made which indicates you have any suspicion of me. 4 out of 342 and three of them came today. None of them contain a reason. You mentioned ONCE yesterday that you needed to look into me more. We're still waiting. Your posts about me today are a vote, saying that I'm pocketing Ranger, and complaining that me saying your read unsubstantiated is a lie.

I'm not "pretending" your read on me is unsubstantiated. I'm bringing the receipts. By contrast you've called me town the first 18 times you mentioned me in your ISO.

Please respond to just this following question.
Where is the substance that I missed?

(I did not look for misspellings of my name so it's possible there is more but I doubt it)

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:19 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Sorry I guess I forgot to quote #1920 from 10 minutes ago. But to be fair and balanced, I already said JV's read was fake and based on nothing before that post and I was specifically responding to the charge in #1911 anyway.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”