Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:53 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 622, Vivax wrote:
In post 608, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 607, Vivax wrote:
In post 503, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Okay, I need a shower lol.
Mate if I wrote what you did in that time span I‘d need a five week vacation not just a shower.
Vivax can you explain your lean scum reads on Me, Oats and OOO.
Oats mostly from his abrasiveness and the whole stuff I already explained surrounding the way he handled gob who I saw as lunch bait at the time.
You because of the interaction with Ninja that I explained. Would have expected more pushback from you or let's call it OMGUS if you will.
OOO similarly to Oats because of his initial bad vibe I got.

That's the short version. Need to put some into the game now that I'm back so my opinion might just change again and if not I'll tell you more.
Have you seen me OMGUS anyone since I started playing again?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:54 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 617, DarthPunk wrote: @VIVAX, @ OATS @ OOO

we should just yeet gob here imo.
If we are yeeting a useless player I’d rather yeet naeyres.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:57 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 626, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 617, DarthPunk wrote: @VIVAX, @ OATS @ OOO

we should just yeet gob here imo.
If we are yeeting a useless player I’d rather yeet naeyres.
There were at least 2 times near the start that naeyres did something I liked and at least she kind of has a read.
Trying to get gob to post anything was like pulling teeth and I just ended up with an omgus vote for my trouble.
I just don't know how town is supposed to navigate a LYLO with like GOB/naeyres/X
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:57 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 107, outoforder wrote:
In post 70, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 57, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 49, Dannflor wrote:
In post 46, Vivax wrote: This is IML. As soon as a majority is reached, the lunch is served. Drumming for quick votes is more mafia indicative than town indicative. We don‘t have enough information.

Consider this a FoS on Dannflor.
now, why isn't this a vote instead of an FoS
This was dann’s best post imo

I’m bothered by all the other stuff but maybe that is normal here?

I’m trying to be a bit careful not to jump all over someone for not meeting my high expectations.
This feels a little all over the place. The "this was their best post" already tripped my wires since the game is, like, 3 pages old. That's like saying the second verse of the first song of Taylor Swift's new album is the best part of the album while you're listening to it for the first time ever.

But then there's an attempted takesies-backsies with the "I'm trying to be careful" thing. If you want to be careful, it seems like a first sensible step would be to not try and summarize such a small sample size of material.
You can be town
Like honestly why in the fudge did this warrant a townread, I got the opposite vibes.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:58 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 628, Vivax wrote:
In post 107, outoforder wrote:
In post 70, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 57, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 49, Dannflor wrote:
In post 46, Vivax wrote: This is IML. As soon as a majority is reached, the lunch is served. Drumming for quick votes is more mafia indicative than town indicative. We don‘t have enough information.

Consider this a FoS on Dannflor.
now, why isn't this a vote instead of an FoS
This was dann’s best post imo

I’m bothered by all the other stuff but maybe that is normal here?

I’m trying to be a bit careful not to jump all over someone for not meeting my high expectations.
This feels a little all over the place. The "this was their best post" already tripped my wires since the game is, like, 3 pages old. That's like saying the second verse of the first song of Taylor Swift's new album is the best part of the album while you're listening to it for the first time ever.

But then there's an attempted takesies-backsies with the "I'm trying to be careful" thing. If you want to be careful, it seems like a first sensible step would be to not try and summarize such a small sample size of material.
You can be town
Like honestly why in the fudge did this warrant a townread, I got the opposite vibes.
Hmm yeah that was weird.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:59 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

I got the sense that he was just handing out shitty nothing town reads at the time, he gave one to Dann too that I also didn't really understand or take seriously.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:10 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 630, DarthPunk wrote: I got the sense that he was just handing out shitty nothing town reads at the time, he gave one to Dann too that I also didn't really understand or take seriously.
Yeah while being under pressure.
Nothing better than handing out correct townreads while under pressure to reduce the pool of people who might want to vote you.

I don't think I have ever seen mafia that calls everyone in the game scum or picks unpopular scumreads. They are usually more sentiment based.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:13 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 113, outoforder wrote: Vivax prolly town too
Shortly afterwards he also towned me ignoring that our conclusions were the polar opposite.
He should have just filtered me and seen that our opinions differed, at the very least he could have used it as a point of engagement.

Isn't that throwaway manner of handing out reads in contrast to the diligence he attempts to display later ?
Anyway if he's scum there's probably more I can find.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:15 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 631, Vivax wrote:
In post 630, DarthPunk wrote: I got the sense that he was just handing out shitty nothing town reads at the time, he gave one to Dann too that I also didn't really understand or take seriously.
Yeah while being under pressure.
Nothing better than handing out correct townreads while under pressure to reduce the pool of people who might want to vote you.

I don't think I have ever seen mafia that calls everyone in the game scum or picks unpopular scumreads. They are usually more sentiment based.
This is basically my scum play historically, flame everyone.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:15 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 103, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 102, Dannflor wrote: I just didn't feel like my vote on outoforder was very well placed after talking to both you and DarthPunk

aside from that it was largely for show, i wanted to share where my reads were at

Does that mean you've changed your opinion on outoforder?
Dannflor ejected thread for a while without answering this question, at the time.
Maybe I should just sheep Luca.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:19 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Getting back to OOO,

I just don't see him feeling the need to do that as mafia, the guy knows he is good as mafia, has that arrogance around his play, so I am not sure that he would feel the need to like butter people up or whatever.

The argument with Luca was really dense and hard to follow, but I think OOO tends to get 'stuck' on like small things that don't really matter to anyone but him. I have seen him do that as town a lot, and I think it means he is invested and trying to solve, where as in his previous scum game it was really obvious that he was not achieving anything, he felt absent despite posting a lot.

Either way we both know he is not a good elim today or tomorrow and we need to give him time and space to catch scum.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:21 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 154, outoforder wrote: Luca is just commenting, they are not trying to solve.
Does anyone agree with this ? At the time it was very early in the game and the way OOO went about it felt very antsy, like he was forcing a solve when he should know that information will flow into the thread naturally. It's like he was spamming for a while blasting out a few townreads, called it solving and because Luca didn't do it in the same way he was scum.

VOTE: OOO
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:24 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 634, Vivax wrote:
In post 102, Dannflor wrote: I just didn't feel like my vote on outoforder was very well placed after talking to both you and DarthPunk

aside from that it was largely for show, i wanted to share where my reads were at

Dannflor ejected thread for a while without answering this question, at the time.
i'm not sure Dann is town.

I liked the fact he wrote that case on ninja, but he didn't really do anything with it, and now he has a case on me he is not really doing anything with.

Seems to me he is attacking big voices ITT and then not really achieving anything and I am not sure he actually cares about determining our alignments as much as he cares about the fact he wrote a case.

Like cases are fine, but where is the follow up pressure/ questioning? He just doesn't seem invested or curious beyond his like big case post and for the confidence that he seems to have, lack of follow up is a big big red flag.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:24 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 270, Luca Blight wrote: I don't resonate with Roden's level of conviction at all here, nor do I think he really believes it himself.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if Oats/Roden is S/S - this whole interaction feels contrived to me.
I like this post.

This argument between Roden/Oats feels very bizarre.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:25 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Well at least I think mafia!Vivax would not try to get into a fight with OOO like this unless he is actually just playing me here.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:28 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 637, DarthPunk wrote:

I liked the fact he wrote that case on ninja, but he didn't really do anything with it, and now he has a case on me he is not really doing anything with.

Seems to me he is attacking big voices ITT and then not really achieving anything and I am not sure he actually cares about determining our alignments as much as he cares about the fact he wrote a case.

Like cases are fine, but where is the follow up pressure/ questioning? He just doesn't seem invested or curious beyond his like big case post and for the confidence that he seems to have, lack of follow up is a big big red flag.
Marv is usually big on evaluating post timing and he's called me scum for evading questions a few times (correctly at that) or because my response was too delayed. I think that was big part of our site culture, being APM-fetishists in a strategy game and all.

Him evading Luca's question there reminded me of that. I'm not sure why you're blocking me off on OOO but I think I'm moving Dann back out of the town pile.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:39 pm

Post by Vivax »

Beginning from #202 Hu Tao had the same thoughts I had on the reread now, mostly. I think I'll treat it as a town point.

Then I scumread Oats because he wasn't all over OOO for townreading Gob with that post. Probably a pretty good reason from me considering he came into with the tone of an angry something and was scumreading me while I in turn was scumreading OOO.

Consider these statements.
Me: OOO scum, gob town.
OOO: Gob town.
Oats: Vivax scum, Gob scum.

How does someone from Oats' position who doesn't post an opinion on OOO at all see him calling Gob's post terrible AND giving him a townread for it prioritize calling me scum first?

OOO, Oats, Dann it is. If not Dann then DP.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by Vivax »

If you read P11 and think Roden is scum then you should replay the tutorial
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:47 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 640, Vivax wrote:

Marv is usually big on evaluating post timing and he's called me scum for evading questions a few times (correctly at that) or because my response was too delayed. I think that was big part of our site culture, being APM-fetishists in a strategy game and all.

Him evading Luca's question there reminded me of that. I'm not sure why you're blocking me off on OOO but I think I'm moving Dann back out of the town pile.
I said at the start of the game I didn't want to lim anyone from TL right away.

I also never want to lim strong townies day one period, unless its really obvious/strong case. its just - EV over time.

If you want me to vote for OOO you will need to provide more evidence.

Like it would be crazy to elim him over roden or gob or dunn right now.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 642, Vivax wrote: If you read P11 and think Roden is scum then you should replay the tutorial
Can you point out how that isn't scummy lol?

Like what am I missing here? is it some emotional congruence argument?

it seemed to me he just decided to attack someone and then went all out without really believing what he was saying. It came off as very fake to me.

Can you consider a world in which oats is town, what does this interaction look like in that world?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:52 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 643, DarthPunk wrote:

I also never want to lim strong townies day one period, unless its really obvious/strong case. its just - EV over time.

None of those are my scumreads though, and Dunn is a weak one based on almost nothing so I doubt I'm going to be voting into what you're suggesting.

Why isn't Dannflor one of your choices? I thought that was your sentiment.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:54 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 645, Vivax wrote:
In post 643, DarthPunk wrote:

None of those are my scumreads though, and Dunn is a weak one based on almost nothing so I doubt I'm going to be voting into what you're suggesting.

Why isn't Dannflor one of your choices? I thought that was your sentiment.
I'd be down to lynch dann, I just don't think its very likely with how many town reads he is getting right now.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:54 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 644, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 642, Vivax wrote: If you read P11 and think Roden is scum then you should replay the tutorial
Can you point out how that isn't scummy lol?

Like what am I missing here? is it some emotional congruence argument?

it seemed to me he just decided to attack someone and then went all out without really believing what he was saying. It came off as very fake to me.

Can you consider a world in which oats is town, what does this interaction look like in that world?
Oats is the tide and he is the rock. Oats is the beagle and Roden is the eagle. One is one with the wolf, and the other prefers to play golf.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:54 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Sorry in advance, for the word. I noticed it as I hit post. I have stopped myself a bunch of times. I will try to make sure I re-read before I post.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:55 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

I'd gladly retake the tutorial but I'm still a bit on the fence. Oats complaining about rvs seems pretty normal and then he lashes out at Oats for no reason and then keeps a low profile afterwards.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”