Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:11 pm

Post by gob »

In post 672, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 671, gob wrote: VOTE: DarthPunk

Im taking a stand.
Why is DP mafia to you?
Too tighetened up too me in their posts. Feels like they're coming in with an agenda. It seems like you guys know him better than me though so if this is how he normally acts, chime in.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:13 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 675, gob wrote:
In post 672, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 671, gob wrote: VOTE: DarthPunk

Im taking a stand.
Why is DP mafia to you?
Too tighetened up too me in their posts. Feels like they're coming in with an agenda. It seems like you guys know him better than me though so if this is how he normally acts, chime in.
He's a strong player but I haven't seen anything abnormal or agenda'd yet about the way he's been posting.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:38 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Have you finished your catchup grack? would be interested in your initial impressions/reads particularly for the TL crew.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:46 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 677, DarthPunk wrote: Have you finished your catchup grack? would be interested in your initial impressions/reads particularly for the TL crew.
No probably in about an hour.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:47 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 678, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 677, DarthPunk wrote: Have you finished your catchup grack? would be interested in your initial impressions/reads particularly for the TL crew.
No probably in about an hour.
Fair enough.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:49 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Vivax is fucking locked off of 1 interaction where he believes it’s impossible that I think someone is town and wrong. It’s very funny at this point lol.

I would really like ninjas answer as to why she townreads dann. It’s a very common mafia tactic to try and pocket someone right after they drop their scumread of them and this screams to me like that’s happening.

There are too many shady people scum reading roden and gob atm for me to feel comfortable yeeting either.

The thing that is strange is am I the only one reading naeyrs stuff? I haven’t seen anyone else comment/push them to do more/interact which to me makes me think thats an intentional move by mafia
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:52 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Gob, what happened to your vivax read? Explain exactly where it’s at and why
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:53 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

:(
In post 513, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 493, outoforder wrote: Gonna put my vote here for now.
VOTE: Naerys
Complete lackluster today.

As a side note, how do spoilers actually work here? They seem to be not working correctly in my mind.
Just letting you know, regardless of alignment this is how naery posts. Not a whole lot of content.
I would like to follow this up by asking you how you would figure out naerys’ alignment
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:58 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 674, DarthPunk wrote: Just saying, mafia always try and get me eliminated. it's my most effective scum hunting tool.
:roll:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:00 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 682, Oatsmaster wrote: :(

As a side note, how do spoilers actually work here? They seem to be not working correctly in my mind.
Just letting you know, regardless of alignment this is how naery posts. Not a whole lot of content.
I would like to follow this up by asking you how you would figure out naerys’ alignment
Err. Usually based on objectively good or bad posts. Which seems kinda obvious but yeah. She makes posts as scum which seem pretty scummy I've noticed. I just wouldn't go based off activity with her
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:09 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 684, Hu Tao wrote:

Err. Usually based on objectively good or bad posts. Which seems kinda obvious but yeah. She makes posts as scum which seem pretty scummy I've noticed. I just wouldn't go based off activity with her
What’s your read on her in this game?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:25 pm

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 556, Dannflor wrote: No offense, Ninja, but I think you are approaching this with some rather simplistic thinking of “town would town read me” and “scum would want to push me”.

But if a bunch of townies mistakenly thought you were scum, wouldn’t the intuitive course if action for scum be to sit back and let town take each other out?

Not necessarily. Town vs town interactions tend to play out such that they manage to be open and transparent with each other and eventually realize that there's no reason to suspect one another. OOO vs Luca was a good example of that earlier, in my opinion. I think at least some scum want to get involved in interactions like these to make sure the scales are tipped in their favor.

Again I don't think that you are fairly portraying my thoughts here, or my arguments. What I said in regards to your post was to mostly try and understand your scummy read on Darth. I think it was absolutely worth asking, at least, why you were suspecting Darth for not jumping on to a view that you later backed off of. That's really all I was up to with my follow-up; I don't know how that can be construed into the first sentence you wrote here.

FWIW I do think you are town; we just seem to be thinking about things in very different ways.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:31 pm

In post 562, Roden wrote: My case on Order is void at atp, I didn't like their early interactions with Luca and Vivax but turned my opinion around. I vibe with the mentality "I only post what I feel I need to" and tonally I feel that their posting has gotten a lot better.

UNVOTE:

I also had some reservations about Dann, at one point it looked like he may have been trying to pocket me with posts like and when he was hard defending me while writing his case against Ninja. I think he ultimately is town though for later backing up a bit and concluding that he might've been too hasty, I think if he were scum he would just stick to town reading me and leaving it at that.

Luca I think is spewed town for being unable to discern that I was mimicking Oats' play and behavior when interacting with him and then not knowing that me calling them scum was a joke. They've overall been fairly townie and strike me as someone who's got a decent grasp on the game.

Ninja at first seemed similar to Luca, but the more I interacted with her and then saw some of her later posts, the more I think she's just playing with an agenda to elim people rather than scum hunt. Her insistence on arguing that I'm wrong about my own thoughts and intentions reads more as gaslighting rather than someone who's actually try to solve my alignment. doubles down on this and is very tonally manipulative.

VOTE: Ninja

Where have I told you that you are wrong about your own thoughts and intentions? Can you show me examples of this? I don't think I've done this at all.

I find the accusation of gaslighting you to be extremely serious, by the way, on a personal level, so obviously I want to be really crystal clear about all of this. I want to understand why you think I'm doing this.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:32 pm

In post 605, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 602, gob wrote: I'm thinking its DarthPunkj actually, he's way too tighetened up. Even when asking you questions it's like he's scared.
Ok so your only read is me as scum? Is that because I asked you to like, do literally anything?

LOL. I love this post.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:35 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

Finished reading through the thread.

My top town are Dannfloor/gob/Hu Tao.

Dannfloor for leading the pushes in thread. I don't feel either of them have been scum-motivated.

The way Gob posts I just don't see coming from scum.

Hu-Tao - I liked post #576 the most, but he just seems very care free while still contributing.

I don't like the way OutofOrder has been posting so far. I think as town he is able to consistently assist the town by narrowing and eliminating people from the lynch pool, while as scum he is able to build up a large post count by getting into arguments that lead nowhere.

I'd probably favor lynching a lurker at this point since there are some people that are giving absolutely nothing, but if not a lurker then I would lynch Ninja/Roden.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:39 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

I've realized I said a bad word. It's the standard terminology on my site so it's hard to avoid.

I will work on this for the future.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:45 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

This is why we should’ve went with yeet back in the day :p

Grack what’s your opinion on the other TL boys
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:49 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 691, Oatsmaster wrote: This is why we should’ve went with yeet back in the day :p

I don't have much of an opinion.

You/DP seem more likely town while OOO/Vivax seem more mafia so far, but nobody is in immediate yeeting territory.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:53 pm

In post 680, Oatsmaster wrote: I would really like ninjas answer as to why she townreads dann. It’s a very common mafia tactic to try and pocket someone right after they drop their scumread of them and this screams to me like that’s happening.

One of the biggest reasons why is because Dann seems to have his ear to the ground this game and is thus well aware of how much content I am putting out here. Given that, I think Dann would have to be completely bonkers to try and push me, of all people, with that fairly detailed post he wrote. A scum version of him HAS to know that of course I'm going to dive deep into all of that and rip it up, and he'd know that his argument was bullshit. Like why would he pick a fight with a lengthy response type of person who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty? It makes a lot more sense to do it as town and genuinely believing all of it to be true.

But let me also be clear about something, I would say I LEAN town. I do have some issues with not understanding Dann's line of thinking on everything, and it does seem like Dann drums up a lot of conjecture. He's put a LOT of words in my mouth. That absolutely can just be confirmation bias so it should not (and does not) mean that I scumread Dann. My read on Dann is light town, not solid town.

Looking through his reads in post 538, we're not perfectly aligned, but we're about 75% aligned on it. And his take on Darth, even though I do disagree with it, does at least seem to have some rationale behind it. Like I consider post 536 to be decent food for thought, but I still kinda lean towards it being more confirmation bias than anything else. I've seen people make way worse cases against people in this game and in a way less delicate manner, so I'm not going to take that read that I disagree with as clear evidence of guilt.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:02 pm

In post 689, Grackaroni wrote: Finished reading through the thread.

Dannfloor for leading the pushes in thread. I don't feel either of them have been scum-motivated.

Hu-Tao - I liked post #576 the most, but he just seems very care free while still contributing.

I don't like the way OutofOrder has been posting so far. I think as town he is able to consistently assist the town by narrowing and eliminating people from the lynch pool, while as scum he is able to build up a large post count by getting into arguments that lead nowhere.

I'd probably favor lynching a lurker at this point since there are some people that are giving absolutely nothing, but if not a lurker then I would lynch Ninja/Roden.

Well that's an awfully confusing decision. You think Roden and myself are both lynch-worthy, even though I've openly stated that I think Roden is the most deserving of a vote today and Roden thinks I'm guilty? He even accused me of gaslighting him which is an IRL very serious accusation to make and is very unlikely to come from a scum buddy. This seems like a massive flaw in your reads here. I assume you're operating on some assumption that we're a scum team distancing ourselves from one another? Because this goes way beyond "distance"; this is clear antagonism between the two of us.

This is otherwise, like, very underwhelming output. What are your thoughts on Luca, Oats, Darth, Vivax, Dunn, Naerys? I think what bothers me most here is that you're highlighting a town read on Gob who has been willfully obstinate and contributed very little, as well as Hu Tao who frankly has also been pretty underwhelming in this game, especially compared to the likes of Luca, Oats, Darth, or Vivax who have all contributed a lot more content but went unmentioned here. It's not that I expect you to have a full reads list; it just strikes me as a little odd that you seem most comfortable with takes about people who say a lot less and avoided talking about what seem like the easier-to-read people in this game.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:03 pm

In post 692, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 691, Oatsmaster wrote: This is why we should’ve went with yeet back in the day :p

I don't have much of an opinion.

You/DP seem more likely town while OOO/Vivax seem more mafia so far, but nobody is in immediate yeeting territory.
I didn't see this initially, but I am still a little flummoxed how you don't have much of an opinion on those other characters but have what seems like a more confident opinion on people who are less active in this game.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:10 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 685, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 684, Hu Tao wrote:

What’s your read on her in this game?
Null. She hasn't done anything AI
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:12 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 694, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 689, Grackaroni wrote: Finished reading through the thread.

Well that's an awfully confusing decision. You think Roden and myself are both lynch-worthy, even though I've openly stated that I think Roden is the most deserving of a vote today and Roden thinks I'm guilty? He even accused me of gaslighting him which is an IRL very serious accusation to make and is very unlikely to come from a scum buddy. This seems like a massive flaw in your reads here. I assume you're operating on some assumption that we're a scum team distancing ourselves from one another? Because this goes way beyond "distance"; this is clear antagonism between the two of us.

This is otherwise, like, very underwhelming output. What are your thoughts on Luca, Oats, Darth, Vivax, Dunn, Naerys? I think what bothers me most here is that you're highlighting a town read on Gob who has been willfully obstinate and contributed very little, as well as Hu Tao who frankly has also been pretty underwhelming in this game, especially compared to the likes of Luca, Oats, Darth, or Vivax who have all contributed a lot more content but went unmentioned here. It's not that I expect you to have a full reads list; it just strikes me as a little odd that you seem most comfortable with takes about people who say a lot less and avoided talking about what seem like the easier-to-read people in this game.
No I don't have any assumption that you're distancing from each other. To be honest I couldn't even remember what your stances towards each other were.I just view both of you as more likely scum than random for having acted strangely so far. Maybe 30-40%.

I compare everyone against my own view of their capabilities as players and having played with Oats/Darth/Vivax a lot I don't think any of them have posted anything that they aren't capable of posting as scum, so I can't give them a town read.

I have liked some of Luca's posts so far this game.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:14 pm

In post 667, Grackaroni wrote: I do wonder what Superfluous is referring to in this post with her post about Dannfloor if not the post about herself, which I know she says she missed in a later post. That's the bulk of his content that I've noted at this point and the most aggressive post that he's made.

What I said in that post was that I thought Dannflor was "making good arguments". Keep in mind that these were initial thoughts and I had fallen a little behind in the game and definitely wasn't catching up during my RL disaster of a Saturday evening.

To highlight a few reasons why I initially had good feelings about Dannflor, I agreed with both of his sentiments in , and I thought that he did a good job of responding to my pressure in .

I have to say, the more I read Dann's ISO, the less good I feel about him. It is genuinely gnawing at me that he keeps on putting words in my mouth and is falling victim to confirmation bias pretty frequently. I need to sleep and think this over lol.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:18 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Like why would he pick a fight with a lengthy response type of person who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty?

Considering you gave him a solid townread in that list post, doesn’t seem like this is true.

Scumdann just cares about looking townie, he doesn’t really care who dies. That case has everyone thinking he’s town. Not really sure why this is some super unlikely scenario.
Like from your perspective, this dude just spent a bunch of time casing you and immediately after you responded he just dropped it and went for someone else. Doesn’t really seem like he was invested in his read.

Seems like from your perspective he did it to look townie and once that objective was achieved he moved on.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”