Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:49 am

Post by Vivax »

I'm curious to see if Dunn will do anything under pressure.
For that I'm willing to vote him if needed but I think he could have done more already as mafia.

Between Dann/Ninja/DP I think there's one mafia exactly. I'll go with Ninja because I think she writes a lot of but doesn't manage to direct her focus properly to where she wants the game to be. Someone with such massive motivation should also have a clear goal to pursue but I feel like her content is generated to look good and generate smoke.

Otherwise the interactions between these three I find highly unlikely to be between scummates.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:52 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 898, outoforder wrote: Yeah you know some people actually have a job and some other life, and can't be here all the time.
If that's your interpretation of my play, fine. You can't figure out my alignment anyways even if your life depended on it..
So it’s okay for you to have a preference to play but when I express my preference I should “quit the game” and “play the game”?
Okay buddy
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:53 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

Yeeting Roden and yeeting Dunn feel about the same to me, not really sure what the afk rules are here though
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:02 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 902, Oatsmaster wrote: Yeeting Roden and yeeting Dunn feel about the same to me, not really sure what the afk rules are here though
They're very lenient. You can even do a sitout. They call it VLA. Sometimes when the cannibal tribe from the Balkans found a new victim to feast on human flesh, conveniently compressed into tasty cevapcici.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:07 pm

Post by gob »

bro im such a bad texxter with girls. I swear i have online-only autism.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:11 pm

Post by gob »

In post 897, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 896, outoforder wrote:
In post 895, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 893, outoforder wrote: That's absolutely very fucking stupid, both of you!!!
Legitimately will lose interest if we don’t flip someone within the next 24 hours
Then stop playing. You joined a game with a 10 days D1.
It's basically impossible to not lynch mafia in 10 days, dont cut the day into 1/3 of it just because youre bored. Play the game.
Playing the game involves flipping people.
It’s also been 4 days since the start and will be 5 days with my self imposed deadline.

You’ve literally been playing for 4 significant portions of a couple hours, that’s hardly “playing the game”

Id be less bored if you actually did something interesting other than going uhh maybe that guy maybe that guy idk imma leave
We take things slow around here. The long phases are because people with jobs & families and shit need the big time cushions to play comfortably.

I think your bad attitude needs to be rectified. Perhaps with an elimination..
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:17 pm

Post by gob »

What are the vote counts?

If its Vivax/Roden i prefer Roden at this point. Roden's enterance was pretty bad and i'm not liking the justifications he includes.

I think we can get rid of Oatmaster too.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by Dannflor »

let's do roden
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:16 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 905, gob wrote:
In post 897, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 896, outoforder wrote:
In post 895, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 893, outoforder wrote: That's absolutely very fucking stupid, both of you!!!
Legitimately will lose interest if we don’t flip someone within the next 24 hours
Then stop playing. You joined a game with a 10 days D1.
It's basically impossible to not lynch mafia in 10 days, dont cut the day into 1/3 of it just because youre bored. Play the game.
Playing the game involves flipping people.
It’s also been 4 days since the start and will be 5 days with my self imposed deadline.

You’ve literally been playing for 4 significant portions of a couple hours, that’s hardly “playing the game”

Id be less bored if you actually did something interesting other than going uhh maybe that guy maybe that guy idk imma leave
We take things slow around here. The long phases are because people with jobs & families and shit need the big time cushions to play comfortably.

I think your bad attitude needs to be rectified. Perhaps with an elimination..
30+ pages is more than enough lol for 1 day phase.
Considering you don’t seem to be a fan of reading I’m surprised you want more things to read
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:22 pm

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 816, gob wrote: Ninja can i get a reads list with every explanation being 1-2 sentences?
I am complying with the request of no more than 2 sentences per person. If any of you want more detail on any of these reads, please ask and we can have at it. But I will be mercifully brief this time lol.

TOWN READS

Luca Blight
- I've been on the same wavelength as them for pretty much the entire game. I think they're going into good detail on their reads and putting in a level of effort that suggests town.

OutOfOrder
- Pretty much the same reasons, same wavelengths, same avenues of discussion, and they've really been bringing it lately with pressing views and such.

Dannflor
- Good drill-down into things, applying the right pressure in the right places, staying very involved in everything.

DarthPunk
- I've come to appreciate his style of taking things as they come and responding appropriately to everything. He's asking lots of questions, trying to clarify things, pushing in the right ways.

SLIGHT TOWN READS
(as in, I don't read them quite as strongly as town, but they still land in "town" territory rather than "null" territory)
Oatsmaster
- I wonder about some of the things he does and he's a little bit of a loose cannon, but he hasn't done anything that seems especially scummy to me and I appreciated his push on Roden.

Grackaroni
- I felt good about him after our last back-and-forth. I haven't seen enough from him to put him into firm town territory and I hope he continues to catch up more and contribute more, but for now I'm okay leaning town on him.

Gob
- I would put Gob in the null category, but process of elimination and the strength of other reads bumps him up here to a slight town read. I think I have come to understand what he's all about and I think he's just being an extremely blase townie.

Dunnstral
- There's not a ton of content from Dunnstral but his latest contributions are more encouraging and useful and I find myself on the same wavelength with him. Earlier today I was torn on whether the 3rd scum was either Dunnstral or Hu Tao, I ISO'd both and came down with a much stronger conviction of guilt on Hu Tao, so Dunnstral bumps up to town category.

NULL READ

Naerys
- Hasn't said or done nearly enough for me to classify Naerys as anything other than null.

SCUM READS

Hu Tao
- I don't like their reads or actions, I think they've been largely unhelpful, and their latest contributions after catching up were extremely underwhelming.

Vivax
- His reads are super weird, his actions make no sense, the people he thinks are guilty are pretty obviously town to me, the people he thinks are innocent don't deserve the townread he gives them.

Roden
- Overly defensive and seems to have vanished after getting more heat.

Overall I actually feel very good about this reads list, probably the most confidence I've felt about my reads so far. I do feel like Hu Tao / Vivax / Roden are the scum team here and it seems like a lot of things that have happened in this game support that theory.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:25 pm

In post 904, gob wrote: bro im such a bad texxter with girls. I swear i have online-only autism.
Just ask her questions about things going on with her. Girls love when you take an interest in them!
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:28 pm

In post 902, Oatsmaster wrote: Yeeting Roden and yeeting Dunn feel about the same to me, not really sure what the afk rules are here though

Per the moderator's rules list:
24. If a player fails to post for 36 consecutive hours, they will be prodded. If that player does not post for another 36 hours after they've been prodded, they'll be replaced. the time allowed before a prod is extended to 48 hours during the Weekend

Roden posted 27 hours ago so a prod would be coming in 9 hours if they don't do anything in the meantime.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:33 pm

In post 891, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: dunnstral

I do have to ask, why did you do this?

For one, it was quite reckless, as this vote put Dunnstral at -1, and another sneaky vote on Dunnstral would have ended day 1.

But also, what's your case against Dunnstral? Why do you think he's scummy?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I didn’t realize it put him at e-1 actually

I didn’t think there were that many votes on him

I have somewhat high expectations of Dunnstral that he hasn’t really met this game. I think he has the capability of being more insightful even with a lower engagement. He could be town, but I felt fine applying some pressure there in the moment
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:39 pm

In post 907, Dannflor wrote: let's do roden

If I'm completely wrong on Dannflor, Roden is the read I most expect to be my incorrect scum read. If we yeet Roden today and he flips town, my back-up theory is Vivex / Hu Tao / Dannflor.

I'm having some serious buyer's remorse putting Dannflor into firm town territory in my post and I'm starting to wonder if I got carried away with thinking he'd be nuts to try and frame me.

Someone talk some sense into me? Does anyone want to take up an angle with me on how my read on Dannflor is wrong?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 890, Oatsmaster wrote: UNVOTE:
VOTE: dunnstral
In post 891, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: dunnstral
This almost quick hammer was really random
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Hu Tao's vote feels survivalistic. I think they are voting me because I said I suspect them and are the largest wagon.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I really should have checked the VC, sorry

I didn't even realize until Ninja pointed it out, I only backed off because I thought outoforder was hinting at masons or something lmao
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:01 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 914, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 907, Dannflor wrote: let's do roden

If I'm completely wrong on Dannflor, Roden is the read I most expect to be my incorrect scum read. If we yeet Roden today and he flips town, my back-up theory is Vivex / Hu Tao / Dannflor.

I'm having some serious buyer's remorse putting Dannflor into firm town territory in my post and I'm starting to wonder if I got carried away with thinking he'd be nuts to try and frame me.

Someone talk some sense into me? Does anyone want to take up an angle with me on how my read on Dannflor is wrong?
you know just because you put me as town doesn't mean you can't change your read on a whim

something that bothers me about your posts (which was part of the basis of my initial case on you) is that you feel the need to signpost all of your reads and the changes therein, and that type of self consciousness comes from scum a lot who feel the need to make sure their internal consistency is visible to everyone (since it is fake)

but you can just like... change your mind
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:02 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 914, SuperfluousNinja wrote: he'd be nuts to try and frame me.
can you explain where this thought is coming from
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:07 pm

Maybe that's something I need to get a feel for with you all, then. The only other place I played mafia was on personalitycafe.com and there people were generally a lot more intolerant of views changing and what not.

Oats or maybe someone else had pointed out that it seems like pretty much everyone is on Roden, so a part of me wondered if he was getting railroaded by scum and your actions there were making that happen. But I looked through Hu Tao's posts and their only interaction with / comment about Roden is to wish him well after his injury, while Vivax is outright white-knighting him, so the general sentiment against Roden does actually seem to add up as town-driven rather than scum-driven.

Which is a long-winded way of saying I guess I actually am okay with my reads list. lol
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:11 pm

In post 919, Dannflor wrote:
In post 914, SuperfluousNinja wrote: he'd be nuts to try and frame me.
can you explain where this thought is coming from

I feel like I'm one of the players trying to get the most involved here, and despite what scummy folks like Vivax and Hu Tao are trying to argue, I think it should be fairly obvious that I AM doing a lot of deep-diving and trying to get to the bottom of things (it seems like both Luca and Dunn have openly pointed this out). So if you were scum and you were trying to frame someone, I think you'd be nuts to pick one of the more involved players. At the time, there were much easier targets to choose; Gob was and still is just being totally blase and uninvolved, Dunnstral is much less active, Naerys even more so. So it seems like if your goal was to make a case against someone and lead town to a misyeet, it would have made a lot more sense to choose someone who would put up much less of a fight over your post.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:14 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

UNVOTE: dunn

I’m busy today but kind of following along very superficially.

Don’t really want a lynch while I’m afk and would rather lynch roden right now.

I’ll post more when I have time. But got too close for comfort
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:17 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 877, Gypyx wrote: Dunnstral (4) : Grackaroni / DarthPunk / Vivax / Hu Tao [Exe-3]

Roden (3) : Luca Blight / SuperflousNinja / Dannflor

SuperfluousNinja (2) : Roden / oatsmaster
looking at the VC I actually feel worse about the Dunnstral wagon and better about the Roden wagon

Luca Blight and Ninja might be my two most confident town reads at the moment? Meanwhile the Dunnstral wagon is filled with much less confident town reads and Vivax. With Roden being largely absent I'd expect his wagon to be both larger and filled with less town slots if he were town here
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:18 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 920, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Maybe that's something I need to get a feel for with you all, then. The only other place I played mafia was on personalitycafe.com and there people were generally a lot more intolerant of views changing and what not.
It'll vary site to site and even person to person

It's a *general* scum tell I use but I think in individual circumstances like yourself it's not necessarily scummy

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”