Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:46 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 972, Oatsmaster wrote: How good is Danns mafia game does anyone know
Very
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:46 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 974, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Welp I fucked that one up lol.

I was trying to ask, who is townreading you, to your knowledge?

FYI I give 0 shits about previous games, it doesn't factor into how I play at all. Frankly I think it's really bizarre how much y'all care about shit from previous games instead of focusing on the present one, but that's neither here nor there and I'm definitely not inviting a conversation on the topic. Just letting you know where I stand on it.
Pretty sure most people this game have said they town lean me. Except you and Dunn
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:51 pm

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

Which 3 do you think are the most likely scum in this town?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:05 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 975, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 972, Oatsmaster wrote: How good is Danns mafia game does anyone know
Very
Interesting
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:06 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Not really sure why ninja seems to be upset with the concept of meta
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:08 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 979, Oatsmaster wrote: Not really sure why ninja seems to be upset with the concept of meta
Could be scum upset that a townie is being townread unjustly
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:24 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Okay so Roden came back vomited up some stuff and left, what are y’all thoughts about it?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:25 pm

Post by Gypyx »

While i don't view any actions / posts as having crossed the line yet, remeber this is a game first and foremost, play to have to fun and be nice to the other players please

this is a global warning, any further problem will be taken privately
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:26 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 981, Oatsmaster wrote: Okay so Roden came back vomited up some stuff and left, what are y’all thoughts about it?

I'm unmoved.

He hasn't yet fully caught-up, so I'll see what else he has to offer.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:31 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 983, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 981, Oatsmaster wrote: Okay so Roden came back vomited up some stuff and left, what are y’all thoughts about it?

I'm unmoved.

Oh I thought you were hu Tao wtf.

I’m assuming you are about to post stuff that actually has a point
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:32 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 984, Oatsmaster wrote:

I'm unmoved.

I answered your question - was there not a point to that?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:36 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 985, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 984, Oatsmaster wrote:

I'm unmoved.

I answered your question - was there not a point to that?
Considering there are 171 posts between your previous posts I would assume that you had some insight?
Answering a question by saying nothing isn’t doing anything for me.
There are interesting things that roden has said, but I digress.

Is your final answer that none of the previous 171 posts other than mine prompt a reaction?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:37 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I'm skimming through now.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:43 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 841, Vivax wrote:
In post 839, Dannflor wrote: I feel like a number of people (and people pretty familiar with Vivax?) have said various things along the lines of Vivax seeming different this game or that he seems scummy or that his reads don't make sense - and I'm wondering why no one actually seems to want to vote him
VOTE: Dannflor

You could say that about more people than just me.
I feel like I want to fight you, so that‘s what I am going to do once I get home.

Get your vote off Roden and case me instead at least we‘ll have some action.

I don't like this reaction - I feel as though Dann has been very clear and open with his thought process, and wanting to 'fight him' rather than allow him to pursue Roden (who from town!Vivax's perspective should at least have a chance of being scum) is obviously anti-town and perhaps even a little theatrical, because naturally you wouldn't expect scum to demand someone to vote/case them, but it doesn't feel genuine in this context.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:51 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 849, Vivax wrote:
In post 846, gob wrote:
In post 841, Vivax wrote:
In post 839, Dannflor wrote: I feel like a number of people (and people pretty familiar with Vivax?) have said various things along the lines of Vivax seeming different this game or that he seems scummy or that his reads don't make sense - and I'm wondering why no one actually seems to want to vote him
VOTE: Dannflor

You could say that about more people than just me.
I feel like I want to fight you, so that‘s what I am going to do once I get home.

Get your vote off Roden and case me instead at least we‘ll have some action.
lol wat kinda post is this

Vivex, what do you think about DarthPunks tone this game? I feel like its hesistant and feels like scum being cautious. What do you think though?

The part about his reaction to SN.

I might just be ride or die Dann because he dodged the Luca question back in early game.

His case on Ninja was impressive but big flashy posts can be scum indicative as well.

Consistent activity is more town indicative imo. Even if it‘s not all high quality research/posts.

Regarding this point here - I find it highly unreasonable to want to 'ride or die' Dann because he didn't answer a question of mine earlier in the game, in light of everything that has transpired since. Dann had pushed strong, highly townread players in this game and not been afraid to rock the boat - so why would he be afraid of answering my question? I think it's an irrelevance at this point.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:56 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Bu then posts like and leave me scratching my head again.

I really struggle to understand Vivax's view of the game at times, and yet there are easier paths to pursue if he is scum.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:07 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 804, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 704, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 701, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 697, Grackaroni wrote: No I don't have any assumption that you're distancing from each other. To be honest I couldn't even remember what your stances towards each other were.

Okay. Well, Roden is my strongest scum read and I would very much love to see him yeeted today. Roden is also currently voting for me and used language in that vote that makes it seem like that opinion is pretty rock-solid and isn't going to change.

Does knowing this change anything for you?
I just view both of you as more likely scum than random for having acted strangely so far. Maybe 30-40%.

This is maybe too broad of a question, but can I ask in what ways I have "acted strangely"? I can explain my actions on everything; I have nothing to hide. You are free to press me and interrogate me as thoroughly as you like.
I compare everyone against my own view of their capabilities as players and having played with Oats/Darth/Vivax a lot I don't think any of them have posted anything that they aren't capable of posting as scum, so I can't give them a town read.

I have liked some of Luca's posts so far this game.

Okay, that seems sensible. I don't have anything to add; I'm just leaving this here so you know I read it :P
For me it was the vague list post into saying that you'd missed Dannfloor's post on you and that you were still mulling over your thoughts on him. Usually I'd expect players to have immediate reactions to people pushing them.

I don't usually like to judge entrance posts but your entrance also reads as forced to me... with the 'yeehaaaw' and the dad joke.

Okay, but I was hoping for more than just why you feel how you feel about me. The main point of my post was to see how you'd address your clear read conflict on both Roden and myself, so I figured you'd at least also comment on your read on Roden and maybe say something about how your reads are clearly extremely difficult to reconcile, given how much Roden and I are at each other's throats.

Can I ask also, if you are able to remember / speak to this, when you wrote this reply, how much of the thread had you caught up on? Had you read everything by this point?
I probably was caught up at that point. If I remember I think it was one of my last posts before I went to bed.

I was planning on reading through the rest of the thread tonight, but I got caught up in a rabbit hole re-reading the Roden exchange for this comment, so I'll be back in the morning.

I really don't read anything at all into you pushing him or him pushing you. I am not building any worlds of players being together. At this point I'm just trying to sort players based on more likely/less likely to be mafia irrespective of each other. (Though I will say that it's not unheard of for mafia players to push against each other. For some mafia players that's their preferred way of playing.)
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:08 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

I've been re-reading the Roden/Oats exchange.
In post 227, Roden wrote:
In post 210, Oatsmaster wrote: unluckily vivax might be scum, thats a shame

otherwise, RVS in a instant majority lynch is a fucking terrible idea and yall should be ashamed of creating that site culture. Absolutely absurd
???

What exactly do you expect to happen?
In post 228, Roden wrote: I'm assuming you're another of Vivax's off site friends?
In post 239, Roden wrote:
In post 235, Oatsmaster wrote:

otherwise, RVS in a instant majority lynch is a fucking terrible idea and yall should be ashamed of creating that site culture. Absolutely absurd
???

Someone getting quick yeeted because people are being funny
VOTE: Oats

Don't believe this faux outrage
In post 246, Roden wrote:
In post 243, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 239, Roden wrote:
In post 235, Oatsmaster wrote:

???

Someone getting quick yeeted because people are being funny
VOTE: Oats

Don't believe this faux outrage
It’s real outrage
Bad answer

Roden views Oats' reaction to rvs as faux outrage and thinks that these kinds of posts are made more often by scum, but at the same time is trying to judge first whether Oats' reaction may be due to site differences instead -- This actually seems like a pretty natural progression for his suspicion and I can follow the mindset. I can even get behind the idea behind it. I don't usually random vote, but to come in and make a big deal out of it happening just seems performative.

In the next posts he seems super convinced that Oats is scum. He starts posting read associations for other players based off Oats' posts and saying that he clearly failed an attempt to power wolf. The way he switches on the scum read seemingly from 0 to 100 for little reason is what reads as super strange to me and made the exchange seem out of place with the rest of the thread.

Roden says Luca is obviously the 2nd scum for defending Oats and then says that it's obvious that he's not being serious
In post 281, Roden wrote: I'm mainly just fucking with Oats for being unnecessarily unhelpful and rude

I do genuinely think he's scum for his faux outrage though, and his attempts to discredit me aren't helping
FYI it makes it really hard for players to interpret what you actually believe if you write troll posts just to fuck with somebody that you're scum reading and then make the same style of posts against other people. I still can't tell how strongly you really felt about Oats being mafia. You said that you were really convinced that Oats was scum from the way he was evading answering whether he's from Vivax's site (TL), and then back off after finding out that he is, but if you were truly convinced he was scum then which posts were you making to fuck with him? I'd be interested in hearing what you actually believed without the bravado. (You say that you keep running into uncooperative people playing against their win-con, but you were the one that was trolling and egging on the argument lol)
In post 562, Roden wrote: My case on Order is void at atp, I didn't like their early interactions with Luca and Vivax but turned my opinion around. I vibe with the mentality "I only post what I feel I need to" and tonally I feel that their posting has gotten a lot better.

UNVOTE:

I also had some reservations about Dann, at one point it looked like he may have been trying to pocket me with posts like and when he was hard defending me while writing his case against Ninja. I think he ultimately is town though for later backing up a bit and concluding that he might've been too hasty, I think if he were scum he would just stick to town reading me and leaving it at that.

Luca I think is spewed town for being unable to discern that I was mimicking Oats' play and behavior when interacting with him and then not knowing that me calling them scum was a joke. They've overall been fairly townie and strike me as someone who's got a decent grasp on the game.

Ninja at first seemed similar to Luca, but the more I interacted with her and then saw some of her later posts, the more I think she's just playing with an agenda to elim people rather than scum hunt. Her insistence on arguing that I'm wrong about my own thoughts and intentions reads more as gaslighting rather than someone who's actually try to solve my alignment. doubles down on this and is very tonally manipulative.

VOTE: Ninja
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems you think that people should be suspicious of you based off how you've posted so far. Luca's reaction to your posts spews them as town. Dannfloor first viewing your posts as townie is also viewed with suspicion.

I don't view Roden as suspiciously as I did before. He seems very chaotic, but I can at least see a basis for the posts he made now, and I'm more inclined to believe that he was trolling than that he was trying to back-track on his read on Luca or that his post about scum reading oats while fucking with him was a contradiction.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:15 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Having caught up, I'm starting to town-lean Vivax again based on his recent posts. I just think if he's scum then he's making life unnecessarily difficult for himself.

I have a soft town-lean on Gob, which perhaps I will elaborate on earlier.

Dann and ninja are still clearly town
Outoforder is most probably town too
I think Oats and Darth punk are town, but am less confident
Then comes Gob and Dunn, who are soft Town-leans. Maybe Grackaroni too, but I need to see more.

The only clear scumread I have right now is Roden. The other slots haven't left much of an impression on me yet.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:20 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 993, Luca Blight wrote: Having caught up, I'm starting to town-lean Vivax again based on his recent posts. I just think if he's scum then he's making life unnecessarily difficult for himself.

Then comes Gob and Dunn, who are soft Town-leans. Maybe Grackaroni too, but I need to see more.

The only clear scumread I have right now is Roden. The other slots haven't left much of an impression on me yet.
Without knowing alignments, how can you say that vivax can make life easier for himself if he was scum?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:22 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 994, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 993, Luca Blight wrote: Having caught up, I'm starting to town-lean Vivax again based on his recent posts. I just think if he's scum then he's making life unnecessarily difficult for himself.

Without knowing alignments, how can you say that vivax can make life easier for himself if he was scum?

He is going against the grain at almost every step. I townread most of the people he is pushing, and i don't think those pushes will gain much traction or sympathy generally.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:27 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

:(
In post 995, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 994, Oatsmaster wrote:

He is going against the grain at almost every step. I townread most of the people he is pushing, and i don't think those pushes will gain much traction or sympathy generally.
I mean for scum!vivax it doesn’t matter though? His wincon isn’t the same as town!vivax wincon.

It’s fairly easy to just be useless and push some townie people as mafia and “go against the grain” because ultimately, you don’t care(generally) who dies. Especially if the thread targets aren’t scum partners
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:29 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Ie if we yeet town, vivax doesn’t look bad for pushing a misyeet and he can continue to push his irrelevant targets and chill as a slightly sus townie because he won’t be in danger of the “why are you still alive” problem
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:31 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Yes, that's true. It's just not something I'm used to seeing from scum on this level, but you could be right in this case. I certainly find it hard to understand Vivax's perspective on most things, as I've said.

btw I now think the opposite of what I said earlier regarding oats/Roden. I think it's very unlikely to be S/S, given Roden's reveal as to the actual intentions behind his questions. I don't think it would have got to that point if they were both scum.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:33 pm

Post by Gypyx »

bottom text
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”