Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:45 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1211, outoforder wrote: gob is like slam just more coherent and incoherent at the same time lol.
i love having him around just for posts like this:
In post 847, gob wrote:
In post 845, Hu Tao wrote: I'll catch up on what I missed in like 2 hours or so
nobody cares
I laughed my ass off yesterday when i read this :D :D :D
:roll: :roll: :roll:
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:45 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1248, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1243, outoforder wrote: It's a legitmate question Dann. And that is not a legitmate answer, at least it doesn't give anyone anything.
You know how expressing your reads work, right?
I know, I will explain

I was responding in that way to DP because it seemed like he was trying to "gotcha" me by saying it is ludicrous for me to change my read even though he hasn't been around

It's kinda emblematic of my read on DP overall tbh

he seems more focused on "getting people" then like actually sorting

I feel the same way when I look back at how he called my way way early game vote on Out of Order "Terrible." and jumped on me
Do you honestly expect me to respond to that differently than I did?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:46 pm

Post by Dannflor »

It's also come to my attention that the people who know DP don't really seem to have good reasons to town read him

or it's more just like "he'll resolve" or "he could be scum but we don't want to D1 him" and thinking that people who knew him better than me had good reasons to town bin him was a large part of the reason I backed off in the first place
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:46 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1235, Naerys wrote:
In post 1232, Hu Tao wrote: I'm okay with voting Luca or maybe naerys.
kk Hu is probably town here
Why
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:48 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1249, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1239, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1234, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1231, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1229, Dannflor wrote: i wanna kill DP
That's interesting cause the last post I read you thought I was town again. Now I am scum without having posted anything new? :D
ya i changed my mind
Why? I didn't post anything. Are your reads just arbitrary?
like the "Are your reads just arbitrary" assumes a level of malice and shows that he's going into the discussion with an intent to try and make me look bad

or at least that's how it comes off to me

it wasn't just "hey why did your read change"

it was "why did your read change and also DISCREDIT"
I am discrediting it. Why would I give credit to it? Because at best when you post that you are bad town, and at worst you are mafia, either way, why should I respond to that in any way other than I did?

Any way, I am not interested in shitting up the thread responding to this.

Go ahead and explain yourself while I catch up to the thread.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:48 pm

Post by outoforder »

In post 1246, Vivax wrote:
In post 1226, outoforder wrote: Can you tell me with confidence you dont think there is no mafia in Grack and DP? (not that i am wanting to lynch them D1)
I am reasonably confident Grack is town. As mafia it‘d have been more convenient for him to add to the pool of players suspecting me.

He went for an approach that made him harder for hin to vote me if the opportunity arised.
My own alignment is my most trustworthy piece of information, and I just felt that he gets me.

DP is another matter. Having me D1d several games in a row would at best make him heartless as town and at worst mafia, so standing up for me was NAI.

I already know he’s not heartless from his EoD on TL’s last game when he last-minute-discerned my alignment correctly. But he will yeet you if you don’t meet effort expectations.

For me he’s not a D1 lim anyway because I know he can just solve it later if he’s town.

All of this to say that I’m not going to vote him on D1 no matter what. Strong players are self-resolving no matter their alignment,
I dont think i am ever confident enough to yeet DP D1, no matter what. So yeah i agree there.
I disagree with Grack though, if he is mafia there are reasons to not push you (and discredit for instance me for thinking youre mafia) even if he cant yeet me. I mean at the state of the game was. Hell he can even think agreeing eith you on Luca as them being scumbuddies is okay since thread consensus is "Luca = super town".
We'll see though, if he follows up on what is supposed to be in his head.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:48 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1005, outoforder wrote:
In post 23, Roden wrote:
In post 10, Vivax wrote:
In post 6, Roden wrote: VOTE: Vivax

It's been awhile since I last played with you
Yeah I think you were around when I got offered a leading position at a social media company, which I then declined to get a job instead.

Why the vote ?
It's just random
The more i look at this, this whole scene here looks very unnatural and sketchy.

Random voting stage stands for this; You place a vote on someone hoping it would spark a reaction that is unexpected from them as town.

Now from Roden's side:
- There is a reason Roden voted for Vivax. the vote is not random. I don't care what the reason is, but there is a reason why he chose Vivax from all the players. Now Vivax responds with "why the vote?", which is (or can be considered) an unexpected reaction to a seemingly random vote. As i put it, "why so scared Vivax?"

From Vivax' side:
- I don't find it completely unreasonable to ask "why the vote". However, Vivax fairly well knows what RVS stands for and should not be interested in the vote at all unless he is either thinking there's some suspicious activity behind the vote (why Roden chose him of all the players), or trying to counter-bait a reaction from Roden (which should be expected with the "scummy" answer -- "why the vote?").

Instead of anything happening, fucking nothing at all happens with here, while both players have reasonable reasons to push this further. If not to find mafia, at least start the discussion about something relevant. I find this very likely to be S/S interaction.
After our recent conversation, I'm realizing that half this player list is running into culture shock with the other half and the friction just leads into scum reading over disagreements

This game is unfortunately just going to be harder than usual due to having to parse what is just friction and what is actually scummy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:49 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1251, DarthPunk wrote: Do you honestly expect me to respond to that differently than I did?
Honestly? I don't know you and don't necessarily know how you react to stuff as each alignment. But I do think generally town has more curiosity about read changes like that, and are less prone to jump on perceived inconsistencies as scummy.

I think your gameplay pretty much consists solely of jumping on perceived inconsistencies in everyone's posts but not really doing so in a way that shows you're curious about my alignment.

When you started asking me about my read change on you you began the discussion ready to shed me in a negative light

when you called my OOO vote in the early game terrible you didn't bother asking me my thought process behind it until I started interrogating *you*
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:50 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1006, Oatsmaster wrote: Anyway im voting
VOTE: roden

I reread the entire thread cause why not and roden cannot find anything to post about other than me. I think its fairly obvious hes not actually parsing whats happening and just trying to be active by "catching up" and not being relevant to the conversation.
Wow, I bruised your ego that much huh
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:50 pm

Post by outoforder »

Vivax, on Grack; Like we even figured out he is a baddie last time we were MAFIA together.... :D
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:51 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 780, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 771, outoforder wrote: But i don't really understand why she doesn't put me in scum category there.
There should be nothing wrong for her to do that, it would just give her more suspects.
Or is it just being irrational = mafia?
Scum and null are not that much different to mafia

The real question is why she town reads dann after apparently seeing only a vote post, on her, with no explanation.

When the best reason to think dann was town was the case she didn’t read…
Posts like these I also scum read you for

It's like "ahah here is an inconsistency in Ninja's post!" ergo she must be scummy?

Like there's no curiosity on your part. There's no trying to interrogate how that could come from town. The tone and the way this and lot of your posts are worded feel like your primary goal in thread is to cast suspicions on people, not figure out who is scum
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:51 pm

Post by outoforder »

In post 1256, Roden wrote:
In post 1005, outoforder wrote:
In post 23, Roden wrote:
In post 10, Vivax wrote:
In post 6, Roden wrote: VOTE: Vivax

It's been awhile since I last played with you
Yeah I think you were around when I got offered a leading position at a social media company, which I then declined to get a job instead.

Why the vote ?
It's just random
The more i look at this, this whole scene here looks very unnatural and sketchy.

Random voting stage stands for this; You place a vote on someone hoping it would spark a reaction that is unexpected from them as town.

Now from Roden's side:
- There is a reason Roden voted for Vivax. the vote is not random. I don't care what the reason is, but there is a reason why he chose Vivax from all the players. Now Vivax responds with "why the vote?", which is (or can be considered) an unexpected reaction to a seemingly random vote. As i put it, "why so scared Vivax?"

From Vivax' side:
- I don't find it completely unreasonable to ask "why the vote". However, Vivax fairly well knows what RVS stands for and should not be interested in the vote at all unless he is either thinking there's some suspicious activity behind the vote (why Roden chose him of all the players), or trying to counter-bait a reaction from Roden (which should be expected with the "scummy" answer -- "why the vote?").

Instead of anything happening, fucking nothing at all happens with here, while both players have reasonable reasons to push this further. If not to find mafia, at least start the discussion about something relevant. I find this very likely to be S/S interaction.
After our recent conversation, I'm realizing that half this player list is running into culture shock with the other half and the friction just leads into scum reading over disagreements

This game is unfortunately just going to be harder than usual due to having to parse what is just friction and what is actually scummy
Fortunately though we have like million days of D1 to figure out that shit you just pointed out.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:52 pm

Post by Vivax »

Now that’s a reason to lim someone because they intimidate you.

Felt it from across the globe once, when I gave him reason to be upset with me. Maybe I‘m just nuts but I felt it.

The force. The juice.

Now, why would you rather get rid of the prospect of having that on your side instead of befriending him if he‘s capable of that ?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:52 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: darth punk
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:52 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1262, Vivax wrote:
Now that’s a reason to lim someone because they intimidate you.

Felt it from across the globe once, when I gave him reason to be upset with me. Maybe I‘m just nuts but I felt it.

The force. The juice.

Now, why would you rather get rid of the prospect of having that on your side instead of befriending him if he‘s capable of that ?
because I believe he is scum and I have no qualms about eliminating scum even if they are a good town player
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:53 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I understand this is an uphill battle

I understand none of his friends are going to want to kill DP D1
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:53 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1252, Dannflor wrote: It's also come to my attention that the people who know DP don't really seem to have good reasons to town read him

or it's more just like "he'll resolve" or "he could be scum but we don't want to D1 him" and thinking that people who knew him better than me had good reasons to town bin him was a large part of the reason I backed off in the first place
You underestimate him. He‘s Lord Beerus
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:55 pm

Post by outoforder »

How about DP and Dann kiss and make up (***) and vote Luca?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:56 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 558, DarthPunk wrote: Literally nothing in this case makes me mafia.
I also keep returning to this response to my initial push on DP.

DarthPunk's response isn't to try and figure out whether I'm "bad town" pushing him or mafia pushing him. Instead his initial inclination is to focus on how the case doesn't make him mafia. Again, I don't think a town player's inclination here is to try and debunk the case point by point.

DP spends doing pretty much exactly that

And then he follows up with to ensure that everyone knows that the quality of my case is bad.

He's focused on the quality of my case, not my alignment. I really don't think this guy has been or is still trying to figure out what my alignment is, or anyone's alignment for that matter
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:57 pm

Post by Vivax »

This Dann vs DP thing has good odds of just being TvT for the same reason I wanted to have a quarrel with Dann earlier.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:59 pm

Post by outoforder »

In post 1269, Vivax wrote: This Dann vs DP thing has good odds of just being TvT for the same reason I wanted to have a quarrel with Dann earlier.
What was that reason?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:04 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1267, outoforder wrote: How about DP and Dann kiss and make up (***) and vote Luca?
I don’t wanna vote Luca
I want everyone to vote for Roden 😁😁😁

Dann, I’m not yeeting dp today because he likely self resolves. Just simple math.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:05 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1270, outoforder wrote:
In post 1269, Vivax wrote: This Dann vs DP thing has good odds of just being TvT for the same reason I wanted to have a quarrel with Dann earlier.
What was that reason?
Being antagonistic because someone saw their status challenged.

Dann is supposed to be something like a personal champion of the site I think.

Maybe the fact DP could outshine him in the long term wants him to shut DP down.
It‘s kinda townie, but won‘t be helpful. Every duck measuring contest on TL ended up being tvt.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:06 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I don't understand why you guys think he will self resolve