Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:06 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1273, Dannflor wrote: I don't understand why you guys think he will self resolve

if he's scum he just kills the people who scum read him and wins
If he’s alive d4 I’m yeeting him and so should everyone else.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:06 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm not scum reading DP because people said he's good at town or because I'm jealous oh my lord

I genuinely think he is scummy and has a high chance of flipping scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:07 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1274, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1265, Dannflor wrote: I understand this is an uphill battle

I understand none of his friends are going to want to kill DP D1
Is this not a waste of time then?
I am hoping not! or at the very least it might show enough of his colors that we won't lose to him
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:07 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1275, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1273, Dannflor wrote: I don't understand why you guys think he will self resolve

this feels extremely naive
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:08 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1276, Dannflor wrote: I'm not scum reading DP because people said he's good at town or because I'm jealous oh my lord

I genuinely think he is scummy and has a high chance of flipping scum
Ngl I’m not really taking your reads seriously because of how little conviction there is behind them
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:08 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I am convicted
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1027, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 499, SuperfluousNinja wrote: . A quick disclaimer, remember also that there's a human behind this account, and I'm looking primarily at oats with this one. Just because you suspect someone is scum, that doesn't give you permission to be rude and hostile to them. Oats, you pull that shit with me where you insult my intelligence like you did on Roden just because you think I'm not aligned with you, we are going to have a HUGE fucking problem, you understand? I don't care if you think I'm so scummy that not even the most intense bathroom cleaner on the planet could make a dent in me; you don't treat the actual human like shit over a fucking form game. Please do your utmost to remember that.
In post 955, SuperfluousNinja wrote: This is getting WAY too personal and I'm going to ask you to stop. Like for real if you're doubling down on this, then I think what I'd like to do is defer to the mod and ask if they think I'm gaslighting you, because THAT IS EXTREMELY SERIOUS. If I were actually doing that, if I were actually trying to psychologically manipulate you in this way, that's something that I should be modkilled before. I REALLY, REALLY do not think that is what I am doing, but if it is, I'm going to defer to the mod and to some higher level of judgment, because you are making this about a lot more than just a game when you accuse me of this.
In post 687, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I find the accusation of gaslighting you to be extremely serious, by the way, on a personal level, so obviously I want to be really crystal clear about all of this. I want to understand why you think I'm doing this.
Just some absurd posts to make if ninja is scum imo
These are just examples of basic AtE
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1267, outoforder wrote: How about DP and Dann kiss and make up (***) and vote Luca?
why is Luca your most confident scum read?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by Vivax »

Dannflor do you hold bias in your read on SuperfluousNinja?

I think I saw bias. I think you might actually be scumreading her, cased her and gave town exactly one shot at limming her before you decided to give her some leeway.

Mind you, I don‘t want this to be a cheating accusation, at most an accusation of being good hearted.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:11 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1278, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1275, Oatsmaster wrote:

this feels extremely naive
You guys don’t have strong players here?
Realistically who gets nightkilled the first 3 nights?
Nobody is killing gob/naerys/hu Tao/ninja/Luca/vivax/you/Roden/Dunn
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:12 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

think I saw bias. I think you might actually be scumreading her, cased her and gave town exactly one shot at limming her before you decided to give her some leeway.

What does this even mean
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:13 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Look, I've laid out over the last couple pages why I think DP is approaching the game with a scum mindset. Generally, I don't think he cares about detecting alignment, I think he cares about looking good and making sure others in the game look bad.

If everyone looks at that and decides it has no merit or doesn't apply to DP, whatever. I'll just sheep my town reads and compromise.

But I believe in this read a lot so I would appreciate at least some consideration of it rather than a *shrug* and telling me DP will self resolve.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:15 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1283, Vivax wrote: Dannflor do you hold bias in your read on SuperfluousNinja?

I think I saw bias. I think you might actually be scumreading her, cased her and gave town exactly one shot at limming her before you decided to give her some leeway.

Mind you, I don‘t want this to be a cheating accusation, at most an accusation of being good hearted.
I don't know what this means. I have lingering suspicions because I think her posting style triggers a lot of the scum tells I use but ultimately I think she's town and feel pretty strongly about that. I'm not lying to be nice.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:16 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1257, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1251, DarthPunk wrote: Do you honestly expect me to respond to that differently than I did?
Honestly? I don't know you and don't necessarily know how you react to stuff as each alignment. But I do think generally town has more curiosity about read changes like that, and are less prone to jump on perceived inconsistencies as scummy.

I think your gameplay pretty much consists solely of jumping on perceived inconsistencies in everyone's posts but not really doing so in a way that shows you're curious about my alignment.

When you started asking me about my read change on you you began the discussion ready to shed me in a negative light

when you called my OOO vote in the early game terrible you didn't bother asking me my thought process behind it until I started interrogating *you*
Inconsistencies in thought processes with zero evidence are like the number one way to find mafia in my opinion. You are an active poster that I never really considered to be town. Then I get back to the thread and you have basically completely backflipped off your read, when I know that nothing about the evidence has changed.

I already was sus on you for not really believing your reads and that you just post cases for the sake of it. So it just looks like a mafia claim to me tbh.

Why do you think I am the best yeet today? I cannot understand how any decent town player could hold that belief, so could you please explain more than just a summary that is basically untruthful?

Most of my posts are questions trying to get more information or clarify perspectives. So clearly curious.

As to the sorting, I am sorting so meh. Maybe you are just not happy I haven't sorted you into the town column :P
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:17 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1280, Dannflor wrote: I am convicted
You can say that, but you only really talk the talk, you don't walk the walk.

You backflip the backflip - literally.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:17 pm

Post by outoforder »

In post 1282, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1267, outoforder wrote: How about DP and Dann kiss and make up (***) and vote Luca?
why is Luca your most confident scum read?
Are you asking ME that, out of everyone??
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:18 pm

Post by Dannflor »

yes i'd like to hear your own words on it
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:19 pm

Post by Roden »

I caught up

I didn't see much of a case on Luca, is it that their posts feel safe?
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:19 pm

Post by outoforder »

In post 1286, Dannflor wrote: Look, I've laid out over the last couple pages why I think DP is approaching the game with a scum mindset. Generally, I don't think he cares about detecting alignment, I think he cares about looking good and making sure others in the game look bad.

If everyone looks at that and decides it has no merit or doesn't apply to DP, whatever. I'll just sheep my town reads and compromise.

But I believe in this read a lot so I would appreciate at least some consideration of it rather than a *shrug* and telling me DP will self resolve.
I am considering, at least.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:20 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1287, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1283, Vivax wrote: Dannflor do you hold bias in your read on SuperfluousNinja?

I don't know what this means. I have lingering suspicions because I think her posting style triggers a lot of the scum tells I use but ultimately I think she's town and feel pretty strongly about that. I'm not lying to be nice.
I‘ve seen that happen in a few games. Most of the time, the entire game may play to comfort a particular player. I think it‘s nice to beat a ruleset with compassion. It‘s what prevents us from becoming selfish killing machines.

I don‘t know if DP is scum, but I know that he can help me win if he isn‘t. I respect him being busy. I may even assume he prefers to watch how less renowned players approach the game so he prefers to do less.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:21 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1286, Dannflor wrote: Look, I've laid out over the last couple pages why I think DP is approaching the game with a scum mindset. Generally, I don't think he cares about detecting alignment, I think he cares about looking good and making sure others in the game look bad.

The case is bad, I fully support him saying it’s bad
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1286, Dannflor wrote:
Look, I've laid out over the last couple pages why I think DP is approaching the game with a scum mindset.
Generally, I don't think he cares about detecting alignment, I think he cares about looking good and making sure others in the game look bad.

Can you actually make the case with examples please, cause you say this, but It isn't actually clear to me that this is anything more than something you are just saying.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:23 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1292, Roden wrote: I caught up

I didn't see much of a case on Luca, is it that their posts feel safe?
Pretty much. Being reasonable and having thread adjacent reads but having no skin in the game by challenging anything.

He‘s chamaleontic
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:26 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1113, Dannflor wrote: The main thing I'm bothered about by Luca is that he hasn't really pushed anything himself and doesn't have any strong scum reads outside of the consensus Roden

I'm about to start work but just wanted to answer this. When I first voted and pushed Roden he wasn't a ''consensus scum read' at that time.

But generally I can see your point. It's a difficult game state for me to work with, because there are a lot of strong, verbose players who for the most part strike me as being more likely town, and a bunch of quiet players who are very difficult to read. Roden has been the only one who has stood out to me as scummy, and he has been in the process of catching up. So, given he has been in catch-up mode and what I've seen from this catch-up hadn't moved me at all, there hasn't been much to push there either.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:26 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Instead his initial inclination is to focus on how the case doesn't make him mafia. Again, I don't think a town player's inclination here is to try and debunk the case point by point.
we’ve literally seen ninja do this exact thing earlier in this day and you thought she was town off that.

Your case can be summed up to “I don’t play mafia this way and therefore DP is scum because of it”
It’s just playstyle differences you are pointing out

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”