Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:29 pm

Post by gob »

In post 1347, Hu Tao wrote: Yeah, Dann doesn't have an ego. Just a good player. imo
Agreed. :doc:
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:30 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1423, outoforder wrote:
In post 1420, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1412, outoforder wrote: Im actually pretty sure i cant be around tomorrow unless a couple of hours in my evening.
I gotta drive my better half to work in about 3 hrs, and gotta be at work in about 7 hrs.....
Thats cool, we have a long day. Soooo town favoured, so we should use it.
stll here maybe 20 mins
I’m assuming your top 3 scumreads are dann/roden/Luca in no particular order?
If so, who is 4th/5th scummiest
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:31 pm

Post by gob »

In post 1353, Hu Tao wrote: Dann, OoO and Dunn are probably all town. I'm unsure on vivax. Their townread on me for the Luca vote I'm unsure how to take it.
Hmm, handing out 3 townreads super easily and then nulling on Vivax. :shifty:

@Dannfloor @oOo @Dunn @NAerys
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:31 pm

Post by gob »

Boatmaster
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:34 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

You're bad at context clues Gob. Which is why the others didn't have an issue with the posts I made after that
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:36 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Also ignoring the posts after is kinda sus. Unless you're catching up
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 1138, outoforder wrote: I will start then.
Grack.

There are things that bother me a lot in his game. First of all it's quite hard to do catch up like that with keeping your story straight. Especially as mafia.
There is the post where Luca claims he thinks the interaction with Oats and Roden is S/S. Grack agrees with that, because it looks bizarre.
But after all the opinion actually is that Oats is town and Roden is not.
Then he suspects me and you (Vivax).

Then there is like sudden change in everything. Suddenly Roden doesn't look like mafia anymore. Suddenly Vivax doesn't look like mafia anymore. Suddenly Luca looks like mafia.
Notice that I am the only person ever in this game before Vivax just while ago to suspect Luca at any level. He doesn't have anything to say about his read on me.

Also he doesn't have anything to say about my post here:
Spoiler:
In post 769, outoforder wrote:
In post 46, Vivax wrote: This is IML. As soon as a majority is reached, the lunch is served. Drumming for quick votes is more mafia indicative than town indicative. We don‘t have enough information.

Consider this a FoS on Dannflor.
I'm actually thinking now, contrary to before, that this might be a mafia post. I mean the theory behind this is legit, but we are playing on a site where RVS is pretty common and Vivax knows it for sure. There is simply no reason to say this, especially FoS anyone for a RV.
In post 314, Vivax wrote: [...]
In this instance
I can see Outoforder having that certain abrasiveness and pushing notions I mostly can't find myself agreeing with
so he's the person who takes the heat while his team tries to appear reasonable. Main point that makes me vote him is how he approached gob which wasn't even a real read, he just said mafia wouldn't use such terrible reasoning.
[...]
This is simply what happens in every single game when i am town. Yet Vivax somehow deduces this as a scum tell for me. Note that he doesn't even think gob is mafia.
In post 430, Vivax wrote: [...]
We differ a lot in how we approach gob. You tend to just take people playing in a scummy manner at face value while to me he looks just like a player who has fun being contrarian and has zero fear of dying
while annoying the hell out of people who take the game extremely seriously. In that way, I prefer to just treat him as a little thorn in the side who draws too much attention for the game's good (no offense though, I find it amusing).
[...]
I specifically find it suspicious from Oats though that he treated gob in that exceedingly serious manner while I did in a different one as described above
. I mean sure, he doesn't make sense but if he's town that's a main priority for scum to push. I don't know his alignment but I could see him being town shark bait. He's not even triyng to be scummy on purpose, he's just... Derp?

Made the post a clickable spoiler since i assume that was the intent
First underline, that's
exactly how i did and have treated gob
, i am scummy.
Second underline, Oats did the opposite, he is scummy.
What is scummy? Is every singe way you treat gob scummy or what?
There is simply no reason to assume Oats has done anything out of his town range anyways. Vivax should also know that.
In post 622, Vivax wrote: Oats mostly from his abrasiveness and the whole stuff I already explained surrounding the way he handled gob who I saw as lunch bait at the time.
You because of the interaction with Ninja that I explained. Would have expected more pushback from you or let's call it OMGUS if you will.
OOO similarly to Oats because of his initial bad vibe I got.
Vivax just described how DP would act as mafia and turned the whole thing around so that
that
would look town and
this doesn't
Similarly Vivax just described exactly how me and Oats appear as town, rather than as mafia. Sure,
both of us could probably act like that as mafia
but there is simply no reaso nto believe either of us is mafia
because
of that.

As knowing me, Vivax, Oats and DP, regardless of if Grack thinks i am correct, incorrect or whatever here, this should be imo the most interesting post in the game to him, especially since he apparently suspects me. Alarm bells are ringing as he just comments absolutely nothing about it.
My reads are always pretty liable to shift quite a bit. I rarely get strong feelings for people's alignments early. The sudden shift in reads you mentioned was just me coming back into the thread the next day after reading a new set of posts.

I made one comment on your play that I think as town you're good at finding townies and moving the thread forward while as scum you can build up a lot of posts arguing with people without helping town. That didn't mean that I had you as a top suspect as you seem to be implying. In fact from the two people I felt seemed most mafia on my first night I was still voting a lurker instead.

I think you're flattering yourself here lol. I guess it's good that you think your post was so critical that I must be scum not to respond to it, but I've read over your post 3 times now and I still don't have a comment for it. It seems like you're trying to pin down Vivaxs' alignment from the way he applies logic to different players, but he's not exactly known for having a consistent stream of logic. If he's scum he's likely to lose interest anyways.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:45 pm

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 1326, DarthPunk wrote: I have a problem with this part:
TOWN READS

Luca Blight
- I've been on the same wavelength as them for pretty much the entire game. I think they're going into good detail on their reads and putting in a level of effort that suggests town.

OutOfOrder
- Pretty much the same reasons, same wavelengths, same avenues of discussion, and they've really been bringing it lately with pressing views and such.
I don't really understand how this viewpoint is possible, OOO and Luca have been coming into conflict all game pretty much so how can Ninja be on the same wavelength with both of them?

Well there was a time that I had no grasp on what OOO was doing or saying, but after I cast my vote on him, it seemed like they suddenly started bringing their A-game and had much better and easier-to-understand contributions. My read is on that portion of OOO's involvement here.

Frankly it has rattled me to see that my read on Luca is not shared, that it seems like a lot of folks are interested in pushing the angle that he is scum, whereas I legitimately had him as the towniest in my book. It reminds me that I kinda suck at this game lol.

I guess I can see Luca as scum, maybe? I need to review his reads list but I thought he was pretty well aligned with me. Which, again, freaks me out if he's scum, because that means my reads are completely wrong.

I feel like I'm at a point where I just really need to see Roden's alignment as a gut check on my reads. If roden flips town then frankly I'm going to be completely fucking lost.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:45 pm

Post by outoforder »

In post 1426, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1412, outoforder wrote: Im actually pretty sure i cant be around tomorrow unless a couple of hours in my evening.
I gotta drive my better half to work in about 3 hrs, and gotta be at work in about 7 hrs.....
stll here maybe 20 mins
Dann and Luca yes. Roden probably too, the most i remember from his catch up is "does X ever do anything?"
Why would i need 4th and 5th scumread? I think Grack might be mafia.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:51 pm

Post by outoforder »

In post 1432, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I guess I can see Luca as scum, maybe? I need to review his reads list but I thought he was pretty well aligned with me. Which, again, freaks me out if he's scum, because
that means my reads are completely wrong.
why? or how?
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:51 pm

Post by gob »

Dannfloor is the mafia btw. I'm pretty sure. I'm not really feeling up to casing him rn.... because idk, i started doordashing to make extra money tbh. Taking up my time and enrgy.

I'm going to go over everything one more time before EoD though.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:52 pm

Post by gob »

VOTE: Dannfloor

Ninja, Oatmasters. Hop on this to pressure Dann. Trust me on this one, i know dann.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:53 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1432, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1326, DarthPunk wrote: I have a problem with this part:
TOWN READS

Luca Blight
- I've been on the same wavelength as them for pretty much the entire game. I think they're going into good detail on their reads and putting in a level of effort that suggests town.

OutOfOrder
- Pretty much the same reasons, same wavelengths, same avenues of discussion, and they've really been bringing it lately with pressing views and such.
I don't really understand how this viewpoint is possible, OOO and Luca have been coming into conflict all game pretty much so how can Ninja be on the same wavelength with both of them?

Well there was a time that I had no grasp on what OOO was doing or saying, but after I cast my vote on him, it seemed like they suddenly started bringing their A-game and had much better and easier-to-understand contributions. My read is on that portion of OOO's involvement here.

Frankly it has rattled me to see that my read on Luca is not shared, that it seems like a lot of folks are interested in pushing the angle that he is scum, whereas I legitimately had him as the towniest in my book. It reminds me that I kinda suck at this game lol.

I guess I can see Luca as scum, maybe? I need to review his reads list but I thought he was pretty well aligned with me. Which, again, freaks me out if he's scum, because that means my reads are completely wrong.
If this is the case, and both looked town to you, and you were on the same wavelength of both, what do you make of the Luca - OOO interactions, because I couldn't really make much of it at all, so perhaps if you were so much on their wave length you can enlighten me.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:54 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1433, outoforder wrote:
In post 1426, Oatsmaster wrote:
stll here maybe 20 mins
Dann and Luca yes. Roden probably too, the most i remember from his catch up is "does X ever do anything?"
Why would i need 4th and 5th scumread? I think Grack might be mafia.
Idk you probably get nk later would be nice to have as much info as possible
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:55 pm

In post 1434, outoforder wrote:
In post 1432, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I guess I can see Luca as scum, maybe? I need to review his reads list but I thought he was pretty well aligned with me. Which, again, freaks me out if he's scum, because
that means my reads are completely wrong.
why? or how?
Because if he's scum, his scum reads will be town and his town reads will be scum.

If your point is, he could be bussing people and maybe at least one scum read really is scum, sure. That's almost certainly Roden, then, where it seems like we're all in a pretty strong consensus that Roden is scum, so that could be his in and then the rest could be total bullshit.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:56 pm

In post 1436, gob wrote: VOTE: Dannfloor

Ninja, Oatmasters. Hop on this to pressure Dann. Trust me on this one, i know dann.
How many votes are on him at the moment?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:58 pm

In post 1437, DarthPunk wrote: If this is the case, and both looked town to you, and you were on the same wavelength of both, what do you make of the Luca - OOO interactions, because I couldn't really make much of it at all, so perhaps if you were so much on their wave length you can enlighten me.

I don't have the bandwidth this evening to do that.

You said you had a bunch of things you wanted to ask me. Can you just drop me your assignments list and I'll get to them when I'm able?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:02 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1043, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 918, Dannflor wrote:
In post 914, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 907, Dannflor wrote: let's do roden

If I'm completely wrong on Dannflor, Roden is the read I most expect to be my incorrect scum read. If we yeet Roden today and he flips town, my back-up theory is Vivex / Hu Tao / Dannflor.

I'm having some serious buyer's remorse putting Dannflor into firm town territory in my post and I'm starting to wonder if I got carried away with thinking he'd be nuts to try and frame me.

Someone talk some sense into me? Does anyone want to take up an angle with me on how my read on Dannflor is wrong?
you know just because you put me as town doesn't mean you can't change your read on a whim

something that bothers me about your posts (which was part of the basis of my initial case on you) is that you feel the need to signpost all of your reads and the changes therein, and that type of self consciousness comes from scum a lot who feel the need to make sure their internal consistency is visible to everyone (since it is fake)

but you can just like... change your mind

Does anyone think this is suspicious? This was on my mind again after I talked about why I think reads lists are so important. Dann is here arguing otherwise and trying to create a space for people to change their minds on a whim and not have to account for it. Is that a sentiment people agree with around here?
Good post, and almost prescient based on what happened with Dann recently.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:02 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Does he have a tell?
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:05 pm

Post by gob »

In post 1443, Hu Tao wrote:

Does he have a tell?
uh, everyone has tells. Whether or not u can sniff them out if up to the player. You also sort of have to imagine they are there sometimes, the imaginary scent. Because sometimes its real, but other times 'the fake is better than the real thing' (a quote from a wise person).
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:06 pm

What's the damn vote count on Dann
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:07 pm

Post by gob »

In post 1440, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

How many votes are on him at the moment?
no clue

I guess just wait off and hop on later.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:07 pm

Post by gob »

In post 1445, SuperfluousNinja wrote: What's the damn vote count on Dann
I am sorry SuperflousNinja, i do not know.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:09 pm

I'm not putting him at a vote away from hammer and definitely not hammering him so I'm keeping my vote on Roden.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:11 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 1205, Vivax wrote: Fwiw I forgot that I‘d accept gob in the bloc.
I‘m just kinda treating him as non-entity so I almost forgot. Cute posting but can‘t take it seriously.
His posts just come across as so innocent. It's like he puts no thought at all into how they will be perceived.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”